All Comments on 'Did You Really Mean It?'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 354 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 hours ago

The usual cameo new male MC, who's happy to get sloppy seconds while working on his strategy to ditch the bitch. Jesus, change the record will ya....

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit3 days ago

Five-Star! Lovely old-fashioned true-love story! Only spoilt by the scores of typos peppered throughout, which really do keep stopping the reader mid flow, pausing for a moment, over-and-over, whilst decoding the difference between what the Author wrote, and what he actually meant!

I DO realise theses stories are FREE, but then, so is running them by a volunteer proof-reader also FREE! Why not run your creative baby past an appreciative pen-pal who is likely to spot several typos that have snook by the author, who knows what he MEANT to write so, often only sees only that, no matter how many times he checks! I know I do! I am easily blind-sided by that, as are so many of us. Yet it's easy to resolve.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Awesome indeed, although MC only getting paid 45k as a production manager at an injection molding plant is robbery. Material prices fluctuating due to oil cost is dead on. 5

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Awesome SAUCE!! 5 stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I cry buckets every time I read this and it seems to get better the more I read it. To me this is a true classic that does such an incredible job of showing how to create emotionally charged stories that bring out the best in people. What a complete joy it is to indulge in this modern day love story. Thank you once again for creating such a wonderful piece of literature.

GG

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A perfect Goldilocks. Not one word too many and not one word too few. Most excellent writing by a most excellent author. Ten stars our of five!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A reread and still a great read!! Thanks DerMtMan

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 month ago

Second reading of another good love story in the LW section of course. There needs to be a better way of finding the right mate or life partner the trolling bars or random hookups.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A Five Star effort, without any doubt. Thanks for another great one, Q.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Dee

BlueEyd2BlueEyd23 months ago

I loved the story, thank you!!! But he was way too nice to his ex during the divorce. They way she acted, she deserved at most what the prenup guaranteed. Otherwise, great story.

glukas2glukas23 months ago

This is about the nth time I have re-read this masterpiece of an emotional rollercoaster. I wish there were more than 5 stars available for voting. Thank you for this beautiful and superior story.

LechemanLecheman3 months ago

Third time around and still a beautiful story to read.

roveroneroverone3 months ago

Exceptional...

and not your first one...Air Possum and The Unicorn come to mind

Lit readers ratings almost never wrong-when in the mid-4-points assured it's going to be a good read... or great...can't stop once I start either....glad this wasn't a 10 pager, or longer.

Easy 5/fave, and going into Best -Ever folder

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

Great, just great

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A very, very nice story. Emotional without treacle sweetness. No doubt you’ll get all 5 stars unless there are emotionless troglodytes who respond. Glad I read this to send me to bed.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a god awful, trope ridden excuse for a story, and why do all this guy's male MC's bawl their eyes out like little kid's? BTW, that's a rhetorical question, as I really couldn't give a toss. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ditto what nixrox said, just make it 336! Thank you Q.

somewhere east of Omaha

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

5 stars and why bother with any comments when there are 335 below mine - all I will say is - I liked this story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Why did his wife cheat? Too many unanswered questions.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Wow i am a man and this story is amazing romantic and very well riten Bravo

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

And then what? Finish the story.

ZackStevensZackStevens5 months ago

not enough stars for this on

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

as a gardenshed said hallmark tv movie !!!

GardenshedGardenshed6 months ago

Great story well written, another made for TV Hallmark movie. So Dan gets divorced and doesn’t after Lori right away? He should have been chasing her as soon as hhis ex was moved out.

Thanks for sharing.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

Damn onions are making my eyes water.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Why wouldn't his wife turn to another man? Dan, her noble husband, was in a barely contained emotional affair with her best friend Lori. 3 stars.

Ken in Texas

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

its kind of clear why the wife cheated , at every party she showed clear interest in other men , while he only wanted a happy monogamous marriage . seemingly oblivious , her best friend became aware of her duplicitious nature and was sadly put in a position to inform him of the whores natural and expected behavior . while the wife is shallow and deceitful , the natural eventuality is that this was going to cause the end of her relationship with Dan , somehow we are supposed to be surprised that it contaminates loris marriage as well .

this slut ruined two marriages and its just so common that it doesnt even bear much more insight than was provided .

well written .

well thought out .

4.5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Well written love story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

It's kind of clear why the wife cheated. At every party she would want to dance and have fun, while he carried on an emotional affair with her best friend. It's more than clear that he was half out of the relationship, and anyone that claims that fidelity makes up for loving someone else is demented. Lori and Dan"s love could help but contaminate both their relationships. Dan is quite frankly a nasty narcissist that couldn't see beyond the end of his own nose. While that doesn't condone the cheating, it explains it and places the blame as much if not more on Dan than his wife.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Absolutely brilliant 👏 great read. Not saying why his ex cheated on him was perfect for this story. He didn't want to know why. The fact she did was enough. Especially after making love to him the day before and then meeting up with her lover told him all he needed to know that she was callous and heartless and no one needs that in their lives. There was some emotional cheating going on with Lori and Dan with all the talks etc maybe that had a small part to play in it but I think not. Ron and Janie were just two horrible people who crapped on others and ended up alone which is always the best revenge. So glad I've found your stories. More please. BardnotBard

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

A great story very well written. I would have liked to understand why Janie did what she did. Was Ron really her first or was she a serial adulteress and the Dan and Lori were just too dumb to see it? The fact that Janie was away (doing what?) when Lori broke down originally might be a clue, Also I'm really surprised that Janie and Ron didn't up the care when they almost got caught in the patio door incident. I know, I know adulteresses always think they are too clever to get caught and adulterers just think in the moment.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

the best revenge is to live and love again .

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If I were him, I would have had to find a way to kill them both. He already wanted to kill Lori's ex, so that would be like killing a roach. But his fucking wife. Oh my God. Not only cheating with that bastard, which is enough for a death sentence right there. But also fucking him around with the birth control ? That calls for torture, and lots of it, before the final release of death.

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Felt almost like an outline more than a story. Add some tags.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A bit of an abrupt end, but then what else was there to say.

It's a shame we never really got to understand why his wife cheated on him, seems like something's were glossed over for the sake of making him look good, or perhaps as was slightly hinted at, she was always cheating on him and he tacitly allowed it as long as he could ignore the reality of it.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker9 months ago

The Bear loves it, as always. 5 stars. keep it coming. I agree- so glad I discovered your stories. The Bear approves.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Interesting premise.

But lacking in ANY eroticism whatsoever.

Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Beautiful! I so glad I discovered your writings. I'm going through them in chronological order... wish Literotica gave a chronological sort option!! Love what I've read, so far! Thank you!

Calico75Calico7511 months ago

Such a great romance story. Love to see two deserving people get together.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

One of the very best short romance stories on here. thank you.

mrdata9770mrdata977011 months ago

(5/22/2023) A wonderful story. Loved it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I wish there were more stars than 5 - This is it!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA12 months ago

Second read. Loved it more this time. Also appreciate it when a person dispatches a cheater without mercy. Just get out.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You always write winners. 5*s.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

One of the very best, leaves a warm loving feeling, will keep On reading it. One of My most favourite authors.

KaeyoKaeyoabout 1 year ago

Definitely one of the stories I never tire of reading.

Lars420Lars420about 1 year ago

Excellent ! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

DarknsDarknsabout 1 year ago

Read this again, still love it. I gave it 5 stars originally and wish I could give you another 5. Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What have you done, q? I'm supposed to be some hard assed tough guy but by the end of that I was just as misty eyed as Lori's boss was! 5 stars all the way!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Happy tearjerker

5/5

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Another reread. I grab it every time it comes by. Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't leave us hanging, finish the story.

A fan, lee

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Guess it's true when they say that cheaters never win and winners never cheat. Worked out, at least in this story. I agree, the ending was kind of short but Dan had laid out their future when he wrote his email. Loved the story.

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

Just read this again and loved it as I did the first time. I have to agree with @muddman74 that it is an abrupt ending. It’s a great story and build up of two people finding their way to each other and as a reader and fan of yours, I would have loved to have known just a little more of how they went.

Anyhoo, thanks again for sharing your wonderful stories with us. Ciao

PrefshavenPrefshavenover 1 year ago

What a beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great love story. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely Done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Guess I am a sad for a good love story. 5*s. 😍

muddman74muddman74over 1 year ago

This was a beautiful story, but I found the ending too abrupt and incomplete. I would have liked to see the story continued to beyond their marriage with maybe a kid or two. And it would have been terrific if you had put a little karma action happening to Janie, that slut. Anyways, I really enjoy your writing and look forward to reading more in the future.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - I like this story.

WHERE are the TAGS??????????

Jlyn1Jlyn1over 1 year ago

True love exist.Thank you for reminding us😊

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Still a few tears, even for a second reading. Must remember LOVE is a four letter word. Life is full of choices. Sometimes we make less than good choices, other times it seens life makes the choices for us and we try and make the best of them, at least some of us do....

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love all your stories, thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice tear jerking love story. I can’t believe Janie would cheat especially with Ron . That make no sense .you could have brought another character into the picture . It would have made it more real and worked better.

XceptionXceptionover 1 year ago

Well written, a real pleasure, thanks.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Heart Warming, Tear Jerking, GReat Writing, Great Story. 5 stars to writer. Happy ending I love!

Omart57Omart57over 1 year ago

Damn you, Q! You made me cry, Again! Another 5*! What is this the third or fourth time I've read this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A top author? Not a guess! It is a fact, proved by this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

dgfergie, the abortion Dan paid for was to Ron's mistress for getting knocked up while with Ron (Ron was cheating on Lori with her). It was called out later when he reflected on the money he removed from his trust to give to Lori to pay for the other slut's abortion. Lori had a miscarriage around the same time frame that terminated the baby she was carrying.

Yes, I really enjoyed this one, as I must have gotten something in my eyes too. ;-) I gave it 5 stars.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

Loved most of the story but thought he was too klnd to the cheating wife. She deserved to be burned.

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Damn this story, it got something in my eye. Must be allergies. 5/5

Nato_

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Great story and a tear jerker as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story, but missing a great ending.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

Hallmark Channel quality, almost made me shed a tear! 5 stars to writer. I love a happy ending!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Makes me wish I could have found my true love, of course; I suspect that many of your readers have the same reaction. It's a marvelous story—especially the Greek chorus of Carol, Cindy, and Julie—with no BTB other than Dan removing himself from Janie's life and no RAAC necessary.

.

@dfergie Lori didn't get the abortion, Ron's girlfriend did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why is there always some drooling knuckle dragging dickbag that can only spout ignorance. Great story and done so well. I cheated and lost my husband and our friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dan was a stupid cuck!! He should have burned the cheating whore wife and the sod!!

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Second or third reading and still a very good story and no real criticisms but there is one paragraph I can't get straight in my mind about the abortion: "I paid for the abortion, saying nothing to Janie about it. Ironically, Lori lost her child four months in, spontaneous abortion. Lori confessed to me she though it was because she had helped end a life, karmic revenge. It must be awful to bear that much guilt." First it says he paid for the abortion then it says she lost the baby and then it says it was karmic the she lost the baby because helped end a life??? I'm confused! Good story though.

DessertmanDessertmanalmost 2 years ago

A great story, I am a sucker for a great romance, particularly as I am in one myself right now.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

Great love story well written. I love the heartache turns to happiness genre. Also liked the completeness of the story; solid beginning, middle, & end. Endings are especially under developed by even the best writers but this one was simple yet complete. Wasn’t character driven like some other good ones, the story used the characters for its own purposes rather than building the story around strong characters. Both are good when well done but we just don’t see a good one done this way as often. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story. I was also happy that Ron ended on hospital. Where did Lori end up?

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Applying my normal logic, I think there are a couple of things that don’t make sense.

Ron- The guy wasn’t rich, and it was never mentioned he had a 10 inch dick. He was also, a serial cheater. I understand WHY HE would go after Janie, but....

Janie- Lets see. I am going to throw away my marriage, to a stable, financially well off man, with a great future. My prize for doing this, is some mediocre sex, with a cheating loser. Who is not rich, famous, or even especially good looking. Who is also, my best friends husband. The most important thing to a woman going thru a divorce, is to win the propaganda war. No way, Janie can spin this, even slightly in her favor. I don’t see it happening like this. 3 stars.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoalmost 2 years ago

I'm a suckered for a good romance story. Consequently I don't often read one. But lately I've read few, here. This one tops out as one of the best. Well done. An easy 5.

xtc5xtc5almost 2 years ago

Well I guess I don't have to say I wish it was longer as so many others have already said it.

Thanks for a well told story with a wonderful ending.

I am going to say it anyway, I wish it was longer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Incredable storytelling. You hit me right in the feelings. I actually wish it was longer.

reggmoreggmoalmost 2 years ago

I'll never understand why Danny boy after finding out wiffy was doing the horizontal mombo with the asshole would go to bed with her.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

Love the story. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What world do some of these people live in? Their comments that people wouldn't do or say something as stupid as written only proves the opposite! People ARE that stupid! Really good tale, only wish it were longer. Thanks Q

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very emotional, I dried my tears several times. I do wish there had been more though. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Where is the snashing? I’m off for good lovey-dovey stories but we need more sex. What are you guys thinking? Come on now get these people together all of them.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Good story, I enjoyed it a lot.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

I am so tired of the repeatedly stupid lw trope where hubby cannot resist having great sex after he already has found out wifey is a slut for six months, a year, five years whatever. Poor hubby is so helplessly overwhelmed by the skank he just cannot help himself and so on....just so ridiculous, but I guess it was taught in lw writing 101, so all these writers do it.

Elgatoazul1944Elgatoazul1944about 2 years ago

Very good,very emotional!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Another good love story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
8996 Followers
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...