All Comments on 'Dilemma - Lorelei's Story'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 155 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Complexed. What are the priorities? And to whom? Once again the stories excel like Rudyard Kipling's, 'the Lady or the Tiger". Poetic.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

After reading the ending of Dilemma, I kind of knew what to expect when we were to see Lorelai's recounting of events and it pretty much fell along my expectations. One of the biggest tragedies of this story line is that if Chris's family had been more conciliatory towards him, more protective of him, he wouldn't have ran off and it's likely he would have gotten a full recounting of events and probably reconciled, because it's obvious that these two have a profound love for each other, to the point where it took an almost literal angel to repair either of them to some degree or another.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@ReadyOne, your interpretation of the two stories is interesting but leaves me confused. Cindy may indeed have been an agent of God's love on Earth. God is omnipotent, however, and therefore can act without an intermediary if He/She so chooses. Also, if God had one agent would there not logically be others as well? Would they not "cover" for each other as needed in carrying out the work of the Lord? In other words, why would Cindy's death end the work of God's love? Why would these two wounded souls be left adrift after they had become chosen subjects for divine intervention?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I believe beboo3 was correct.

This short coming was pre FEBRUARY SUCKS.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

inka2222inka22224 months ago

@KRD - the author clearly stated that Cindy considered those two REAL babies and wanted them born, so Lorelei is doing EXACTLY what Cindy would want. And yes, Chris would want the same, for the same exact reason. The only question is, would he be able to handle the ex as the surrogate or not; NOT whether there should be 2 more babies. Re: legal issues: this is why surrogacy contracts exist. They are enforceable in court of law.

KRD19254KRD192546 months ago

The issue I find unreal and an author's MISS is how was Chris handling being a solo father? I'm sure Chris pined for his wife but with her gone where did he go mentally? Was his family helping or hindering his fatherly duties to the kids? Were Cindy's +12,000 friends a help or hindrance to Chris?

\

Did Chris (without Cindy) even want two more babies? To hell with Lorelie's wants, she blew it, she does not count - the focus should be on the living children and Chris's fatherhood and stability. Lorelie was being narcissistic in becoming a surrogate as Lorelie had her won eggs and desires plus meddling parents to give Chris grief if this would occur. Plus there is a very real legal status quandary as of who is the legal birth mother and the babies birth certificate - Cindy's eggs but Lorelie's surrogate birthing?

\

Just to much not covered to setup alternate endings while staying true to the saga.

\

3.9**** Hooyah, Salutes.... wish he was still with us - RIP.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Lorelei was removed from the place of 'lover' in Chris's life after she cheated, but Cindy knew they were still profoundly connected in a way that was above 'friend'. She was his sister. But now that Cindy is gone, Lorelei can take fill the role of lover in Chris's life. She cant ever take Cindy's place, but she can make one of her own in his heart.

At least that's my interpretation lol

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Pretty good, unlike Dilemma, which was great. Four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The real villain is the professor who got his or her knickers in a twist about the Red River Shootout. I’m about 45% joking… While I was at university (think biggest rivalry in basketball….hint….), I had a professor bitch about having to cancel evening session classes when the game would be played on a weekday. Miserable clown… You did know before taking the job where you were teaching. Cmon.

But on a more serious note, it was an interesting series. Cindy talks about them being brother/sister and sorta implies, in a way, that Lorelei and Chris *were* incestuous and *never* belonged together. I’m not sure. Both Chris and Lorelei were definitely codependent, but that can happen. I think it was just a weird circumstance and moral laziness for about four hours that fucked up at least six lives.

My guess is that if Joesephus was able to write a Part 3 (RIP to the very talented writer), and Chris and Lorelei try to be “brother and sister,” the story may move from Loving Wives to Incest/Taboo

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Lorelei, don't "try for" anything. Do what you know you should, love Chris the best you can, and let happen what will. Don't try to be Cindy, or replace her: use what she taught you to be the best Lorelei that you can be.

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

She loved him enough that she would do anything other than the ultimate sacrifice of refusing to have sex with her professor.

RzcanuckRzcanuckabout 1 year ago

I love BTB stories and do not like most RAAC. However this story was amazing. I really felt this was a person in anger and remorse for what she had done. I am happy the author left the ending open something I normally do not like.

Elgatoazul1944Elgatoazul1944about 1 year ago

This really needs an ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ready One's comment from four years ago is right on target and extremely well written. Manynofnthe other commenters on this thread miss the points that the author was trying to convey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And to the readers who don't get it, she agreed to dance with the professor to get him away from Chris so he didn't kill her. She coukd feel that Chris already knew. On the dance floor she told the professor she was going to destroy his life. And she did, taking four years to systematically destroy his career and finances. She also had a nervous breakdown wanting to kill the professor with her bare hands, getting checked into a mental hospital. Not sure I have seen too many characters on this site who are more sorry for what they have done and yet also completely own up to it. Maybe the ex wife in the "A Mighty Pen" series. Heck Lorelei doesn't even buy into the psychobabble excuses that the therapists come up with when they diagnose her with some unresolved "daddy" syndrome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written. Sad. Amazing how many commenters despite seeing Lorelei bare her soul and see her own self loathing, simply demonize her. If anything she almost acted drugged when she fell for the professor (not saying she was). She clearly planned to confess and knew her betrayal was too much and their marriage was dead. And in her own words knew that she was not worthy of him and that she couldn't respect him if he had taken her back right away. All these should align totally with the Old Testament BTB crowd. And yet those same people want her to still burn. She burbs down the real villain, the professor. And despite that commenters want to excorciate her further. Of course she fantasized with the idea of stealing Chris away. She fucking lost her soul mate for 27 minutes of aex that she didn't go looking for, was oddly submissive about nit stopping and yet not wanting, and took no pleasure in. She is human. Of course she woukd dream about getting back with Chris after years of her plotting revenge on the professor and then meeting Cindy. But guess what? She woukd never do it. She never came close to acting on it. She knew that would hurt Chris more and would hurt Cindy and she knew it was wrong. People often have dark fantasies especially when they are hurting a lot; doesn't mean they act on them. Doesn't make them an evil person. Depending on the fantasies l, yeah it can mean they are broken or fucked up. Why all the hate? Lorelei already hates herself more than enough. Cindy at least helped her to get back to some level of peace. Cindy was a miracle. And yet a lot of the same strident commenters in the last chapter thought Cindy was a major slut based on her past. Wtf? Get rid of the hate. Too bad not another chapter. And yes Lorelei should go for it. Chris can still say no.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Lorelei who gives a fuck how you felt we don't care and if her internal dialogue is any indication fuck what a self centred Bitch 🤣

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

Lorelei was definitely lacking in moral strength. When you can say that you were fully aware of what was happening, that you know it's wrong and that you should stop it ... And then you decide to go through with it anyway. Very weak character and morals.

I will give her credit for owning her behavior and not making excuses.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ After reading the first part I hadn't realized the author had passed. How sad. Before knowing that and after reading the first part it was obvious the story was heading towards Lorelei as a surrogate. I didn't want to read the second part because of that possibility. I'm glad I did, although I'm relieved that reunion never came to fruition. Lorelei all but insisted she'd cheat again. That would have driven him insane or suicidal. Even just as a surrogate and "sister" their relationship would have been toxic. What a sad but unique story. I would have gladly suffered through any kind of reunion, like it or not, to keep this author with us. RIP Joesephus

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Still spectacular

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, what a gifted writer. It was a privilege to read this 2 chapter series. Rip

dawg997dawg997about 2 years ago

Another quality story from an author that passed too soon.

WrickettsWrickettsabout 2 years ago

I think Chris needs her. Write a little more and get them back together. I think that’s what Cindy would have wanted.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

Just what is needed. Another story of excessive manipulation of males by scheming females. This is such a common theme it must be what happens regularly in the real world. I cannot relate and have hard time understanding such weak minded men. But, on the other hand , hot wifing and cuckolding is on the rise and going main stream......talk, about weak wimpy men.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lorelei was a slut. Only a slut would say to the Professor fucking her and then do t-nothing about it! Chris doesn’t need that slut! Chris has his memories of his true love, Cindy and their kids.

lukeey90lukeey90over 2 years ago

Deep...but i like that lorelei understands that she doesn't deserve Chris at that's that.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I read it again. For some reason, I liked it much more this time. There is a lot of guilt and regret in this and I found the character easier to relate to. Good story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Sorry. No.

Part 1 was excellent. The involvement with King in part 2 just wasn't credible. The whole "connection" thing didn't ring true. But I did enjoy part 1 very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So sorry you are gone.

R.I.P. Joesephus, thank you for your work.

TreymonTreymonabout 5 years ago
In spite

OF it all, the deus ex of this being "i don't know why" if they were that deeply connected she would have kept her legs crossed. That's without the all powerful "I don't know why"

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
The protagonist is actually Cindy the Healer

I humbly submit that these two stories are actually about Cindy and her ministry. While she is also an ordained minister, her real calling is to heal relationships.

These stories document her talent and successes. The characters of Lorilee and the narrator and their families provide people in extreme circumstances where Cindy can be a force for good.

Very few if any commentators seem to understand twin bonding. My knowledge is purely academic, but the connection is psychic, for lack of a better word. It shaped their lives in a distorted way, warping them compared to "normal" people.

Lorilee (and the narrator) never learned how to be individuals apart from each other. Lorilee unconsciously felt her incompleteness (or immaturity) and succumbed to desire for life experience.

(Side note, Lorilee decided to fuck the professor a short time before, or during, the drive up from Austin. The narrator felt the change in the "force", and felt compelled to reach her. Just the sight of Lorilee and the professor give him intuitive knowledge of the fluxes and newly created shape.)

The two are shattered by the bond being wrenched. I use that word to say how much it changed in an afternoon. It wasn't destroyed, just twisted so much that they are devastated more than the sum of losing a spouse, a parent, and a child all rolled up in one brief event.

The actions that follow have the same motivation in each character. They are extremely angry that the twin bond has been so twisted. They get angry, they run from the disaster. The narrator drives away; Lorilee goes temporarily insane.

There coping diverges to where Lorilee takes it out on the professor, the narrator tries to avoid even the slightest reminder. Eventually he finds Cindy, who is far better at therapy than anyone I've ever met.

Now the real story starts. And unfortunately, her life ended before she finished reconciling Lorilee and the narrator. And any sequel, though interesting, becomes almost irrelevant because the only influence Cindy can have is from the grave.

If I were conventionally religious, I could make a strong case that these stories are about God working miracles here on earth, and how He created paths through the character's lives that let them learn how strong a force His love is.

Joesephus, I miss your ministry.

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 5 years ago
Total rewrite of why they got divorced

I guess the author felt the need to make Lorelei more sympathetic, but yuck. This version of the incident where Chris realized she fucked the professor was clumsy.

To make it a manipulation by the professor of her daddy issues, and she loved Chris oh-so-much blah blah, they only fucked once with no affair. Great. But then she ignores her husband instantly to go dance with the guy she just fucked and is terrified her husband will find out about, who she also now loathes according to her inner monologue. The author couldn't even figure it out himself!

"I'll no more understand why I agreed to dance with him than I'll understand why I let him fuck me."

Oh, great. Maybe don't write a story from that character's perspective then, since you don't understand why they're doing anything, what's the value to the damn story exactly? Was the author forced to write this at axe-point like in Misery? "Lorelei is a saint you ol' lyin' dirty bird! Write a version where she's a good person or I'm hacking your foot off!"

And she for some surreal reason, while dancing in front of her husband with the man she just fucked and is scared he'll know, decides "I gave him my most seductive smile" while threatening to destroy his life. Talk about wedging in a new narrative.

Very silly retcon of the great original story. Even managed to damage the Cindy character. Contacting his parents behind his back in the original story was one thing, but this was a straight up betrayal, becoming besties behind his back with the woman that broke his heart and damaged him badly.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
wow to the previous anon you are an ASSHOLE

I like a good BTB sometimes but wishing someone dead over a story like this is insane pathetic and leads me to hope You are fucking sterile or this was written whilst either on drugs or having a bad day. if not i urge you to get help or move away from all other people. You are not right in the head nor a decent person you vile piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dear Anonymous on my friend’s death

I’m not sure what you base your statement upon, perhaps because I continue to answer his mail. I just wish you were right!

Jonnyrebel82

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
MYSTERIES, SOUL MATES.KHARMA. DEATH

whose to say control cannot transform celestial and earth bodies, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A load of crap

That whole story of his death is bullshit. He was just some anonymous guy who decided to quit writing under this alt and go out in a blaze of glory.

Jack99Jack99over 5 years ago
Ending

Joesphus passed away. But this story was taken up by Northlander, and he has written a well-regarded ending here:

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=1004078&page=submissions

mcbsmcbsover 5 years ago
Death of Joesephus (1982-2007)

Enclosed is a link to authors page, and at the bottom, an introduction he wrote shortly before his death in October, 2007.

https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=608680

mcbsmcbsover 5 years ago
Story will not be completed

If memory serves, the author of this story was killed in an auto accident, several years ago, in Argentina.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I said I wouldn't

But then I did. I read this part. It's been eleven years, now it's time to conclude it. If there was ever a story that screamed RAAC, this is it. But that's just my opinion. You wrote a GREAT story, you should give it an equally great conclusion..

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Closure

I had hoped this story would have come up with the "Closure" the first story lacked so much. It didn't. One of the best stories I have ever read anywhere ended with a whimper that simply destroyed it. How Sad.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventureralmost 6 years ago
As a relaxed atheist I too am surprised at Josephus being labelled a religious fanatic.

@Jonnyrebel82 - my condolences on your loss. It speaks highly of Jo that even now you maintain the friendship.

I was brought up a Catholic. I left. I simply did not share the beliefs. That's all. I don't hate religion and I'm not anti-theist the way many atheists appear to be. I loved these two stories - they are a study in pain and frailty and pathos. The characters were perfect for the story. The religious nature of one of the protagonists was an aspect of one of the characters and allowed the author to explore, realistically, the situation and give counterpoint to the pain.

Do readers think that writers of thrillers are psychotic serial killers when they write the mind of one such? Do they think that all writers of action books are themselves spies, assassins or special ops? I see this as a testament to both the stupidity of such a reader and the awesomeness of the writer to be able to write so convincingly.

My respect to your friend and your friendship. His stories are some of the best I've read (anywhere - not just on this site).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Comment

You wrote: "I think J saw Cindy’s work with Lorelei as a way to heal Chris. J thought Cindy saw the situation as a rift in a extended family that needed to be healed for Chris’s happiness."

IMHO when a partner thinks that knows best and goes behind her other half back, it never ends well. No matter how good her intentions are they only way to really heal a situation is talking. CIndy should have talked with him and explained her reasons. Betraying his trust again and meeting with the woman who tore his heart is not a good move. Unfortunately it's kind of a classic in Loving Wives stories and only a few writers have come with the right response to that situation (Puppet on s String by DFWBeast is one of them). When a spouse thinks that knows what's best for her other half and acts on her own without talking with him, she opens a Pandora box.

Bebop3Bebop3about 6 years ago
Sad

This (both chapters) was a very human and often sad story.

It's depressing to know that there won't be any additions or follow-ups. It deserves a part three.

JoesephusJoesephusabout 6 years agoAuthor
Oops!

Jonnyrebel82 again. I use J’s account to show that I’m the friend who has access to all his stuff.

When I was notified that someone had posted a comment on this story, I pulled up the comments and went to the bottom of the page. Unfortunately I didn’t go to the end of the comments. I didn’t remember the post from that Anonymous that said Chris was a “religious fanatic.” It might have been posted before I began managing my friend’s accounts. In any event, that’s to whom the above post was responding. I will respond to the interesting post by TatankerBill as soon as I can.

JoesephusJoesephusabout 6 years agoAuthor
Interesting viewpoint

This is Jonnyrebel82, the guy who maintains J’s stuff and tries to answer his mail. I would have sent this as an private email if I could. This is the first commentator to view Chris as a religious fanatic, and I’m curious at why he thought so. I don’t think J saw Chris as even a little religious. I’m sure Chris's response to her cheating wasn’t a matter of religion. Because of their “connection” the betrayal was far more personal than merely physical. This was what J hoped others would write about. Some of the issues he wanted to see explored included why it happened. Clearly Lorelei wasn’t in love with the prof, so why was she submissive to him. Since her betrayal had such a profound effect on both characters what would need to happen for them to establish any sort of relationship.

J also wanted to see someone explore how Chris could fill the hole in his “soul” for lack of a better word, caused by the loss of Cindy. J was surprised that many readers thought Cindy knew she was going to die and saw Lorelei as her replacement. She wouldn’t have signed a long term contact if she was concerned. Further, Cindy didn’t see Lorrlei as a threat to her marriage. I think J saw Cindy’s work with Lorelei as a way to heal Chris. J thought Cindy saw the situation as a rift in a extended family that needed to be healed for Chris’s happiness. I know J called Cindy the epitome of the optimistic “do gooder.” Finally, J had fun with this addendum, he dashed it off in a rush before leaving for his mother’s wedding and made Lorelei into a rabid member of the “burn the bitch” crowd. J had a strange sense of humor and this story is typical of it.

It’s a dreary day, and I’m missing my buddy, so forgive the ramble but having someone see Chris as “religious fanatic” just really surprised me.

TatankaBillTatankaBillabout 6 years ago
Great read

Your story is beautifully told and masterfully written. I enjoyed reading it. I do have some thoughts about it, and I want to assure you that they aren't offered as criticisms of the story, but are an acknowledgement of human behavior.

This tale is a study in emotional extremism. Chris' running away is an extreme reaction. His love for Lorelei is deep and abiding, but apparently not enough to want to know why her infidelity had happened. He might not be able to live with the answer, but he never even wanted the answer- she was unfaithful, end of story, she's now judged and condemned. It's who the character is and how he reacted in your story so I can't fault your creation, but it's a cautionary tale.

Meeting Cindy helped to heal Chris partly. Her selflessness and saintliness is another extreme. For the second time Chris has met a woman and installed her on a pedestal. Pedestals are fraught with danger. We knew she would die too soon from the moment we met her. She was too good to live.

The first, Lorelei, didn't belong on a pedestal either. No one can survive up there where the air is thin for long, and the fall is gonna be hard. She used cheating slut and whore to describe herself. We demand penitence from sinners and don't give a damn that they are merely human, just like the saints we worship. But none of the names Lorelei flagellates herself with are at all appropriate. She's just a woman who fucked up. She went to extremes of vengeance to prove that she had no affection for King, and to punish him for using her and tossing her aside. She will be forever chaste to atone for her crime.

I think your story and the characters you populated it with are all too real and all too believable. We do behave in extreme and foolish ways. If a thing can be imagined it's probably been done. It's a cautionary tale.

PencarrowPencarrowover 6 years ago
LORELEI IS A STRANGE CHARACTER

Josephus has created a bit of an enigma with Lorelei.

At first I felt a lot of sympathy for her, as I think Josephus intended. I imagined a young woman who’s only had one love in her life (Chris) since childhood and is a bit lost in the bigger world. She’s seduced by a serial predator who takes advantage of her suppressed guilt over the death of her father, and I could imagine her surprise and confusion when he suddenly rips her panties to one side and then proceeds to fuck her.

At this point she could have suddenly woken up and thrown him off, but no, she lets him fuck her for 27 minutes. Hell, that’s a long time to let someone fuck you, especially if she knew it was wrong as soon as it started. For someone who later says she didn't want it or enjoy it, it sure seems like a long time to sit back and take it.

As plenty of others have commented, if she really loved Chris then she would have never started at all, or at least stopped as soon as he tried. The conclusion is that despite what she says afterwards she had no remorse while it was happening, and I bet she even got into it – hell, 27 minutes in not a quick wham, bam, thank-you mam!!!!

He must have changed position a few times over that period and I bet her panties ended up on the floor well before they finished.

As to the question of her carrying the embryos, the answer is no way! I think both her and Chris were doomed from the start because they had a sweet, innocent love that was more child-like than that of a more mature couple, and I think this is especially true for the character of Chris.

I note that Josephus was in his early 20s when he wrote this, and I wonder if his viewpoint would've changed had he lived longer.

Owen4230Owen4230over 6 years ago
Tear jerker

I must be the most sentimental jerk on the planet. I cried almost all the way through the story. Great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
To those who might be interested...

Northlander wrote a sequel to this story.

https://www.literotica.com/s/dilemma-continued-ch-01

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I am sure a lot of people will disagree but

The only reason she fucked King is because she didn't love Chris. There is no other reason. It doesn't matter how smooth someone is, if you love your spouse you will never betray and hurt them that way.

I was getting irritated in the beginning because she kept saying King fucked her. I have news for you: in the overwhelming majority of cases the woman has all the power in a sexual relationship. If she doesn't want it, then most men will not do. Most men won't force the issue. They may try to convince with words but they won't force it.

That being said it didn't take long for her to throw away her marriage. Obviously she didn't love him like she claims, otherwise there is absolutely no way she would have done it. She wouldn't have gone up to.the room, she wouldn't have put herself on a position that would cause problems.

Obviously she didn't respect Chris. She even admits that she wouldn't if he took her back.

There is no dilemma. Chris finds a surrogate. He has enough money. He doesn't reconcile with someone who so quickly threw away her marriage. There is no way he could ever trust her. Find someone else and be happy

Why did she do it? Because she doesn't love or respect him. It's that simple. End of story.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Terrific story.

Excellent story telling. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jott50jott50over 7 years ago
Imho

In my opinion her story was over when she admitted that" I let him fuck me". Whatever excuse she gave at that point was moot. She admitted that she knew it was wrong she knew what the reaction would be. If this story would have continued I suspect that the two embryos would either languish in the freezer or be brought to life in a stranger's body but not in Lorelei's body.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What's that for??

The cheater get's the possibility to speak?? Why?? Why has a cheater a right to excuse his mistakes!!! She has betrayed her best man!!! That's it!! End he has the right to banish her!!! A slut and a cheater, and she is be thought to be the mother of his children?? You are insane!!!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 7 years ago
Just re-read it.

I'd still love a part 3, please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4*

Sort of liked the first chapter but really liked this one.

Wouldn't mind a continuation.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars. Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good story

and to all the beyond sorry cunts like lorelei, you ARE the scum of the earth...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To those of you who wrote such hateful comments......

Do you not understand what one of the purposes of literature is, even on this site? Sometimes authors let us escape to a higher level than real life will let us accept taking, and see in others the road to redemption. A road that we all should take but often refuse to do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Dilemma

I would like to see if Chris would like Lorelei to carry Cindy's last embryo and maybe a rekindling of their relationship in a number of years, maybe also after having a child directly with Lorelei. I think that a Man is a greater Man if he is able to forgive a wife once & only once for an affair (doesn't matter how long) with only one other person. If the wife's affair has more than one male, then no reconciliation should be made.

sugnasugnaalmost 9 years ago
Without Cindy

Without Cindy, the other characters are left to fend for themselves and try to find the path. Interesting how one person can have acquired so much insight and how others are so ignorant of the the way life is. A theologian, a salesman, and a lawyer. Perhaps their vocations have something to do with their condition.

DrKenStoneDrKenStonealmost 9 years ago
Nothing but a whiny Skank.

All the wonderful things about her husband and yet she chose to show him nothing but disrespect. Her own selfishness out weighed her wedding vows. Just goes to show she was nothing but a cheating skank and Chris is better off with out her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
long...

and boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
This is just typed diarrhea

You people actually believe that this over the top melodramatic tripe is good writing? Holy fuck.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
I normally

don't like to hear from the cheater, but this story was so unique, this follow-up really works. Strange - Chris seems to be inclined not to go, but Lorelei is already making plans to get him back completely. Would be interesting to see how the author saw it ending for the two of them. I'd bet on eventual forgiveness and raising Cindy's 3-4 kids. Maybe one of Lorelei's too.

illjoyilljoyover 9 years ago
I take it back

After reading northlander "cont." of the story anyone that doesnt like RAAC or care at all about the spirit of the original story DO NOT READ his continuation

illjoyilljoyover 9 years ago
Cont.

There's a cont. written by Northlander

Continuation of this story \/ \/ \/

http://www.literotica.com/s/dilemma-continued-ch-01

I ask that any who post a comment C+P @ the end of their post so ppl know

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Now he's deceived and manipulated by TWO women. Ugh!

'nuff said.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
Loved it

Great read. Five stars. I plan on reading Northlander's ending and hope it carries the same tone and depth as the original. As I have said before, no ending was needed. This piece adds the wrinkle of her truly making a big mistake and living with regret - which I suspected was the case. It does make me want to see what Joesephus would have imagined had he the opportunity to continue. I would also love to hear how he would have later addressed the issue of blaming God for a senseless tragedy, given the spiritual theme in this tale.

InescuInescuabout 10 years ago
Wonderful Story

Too bad it won't ever be finished.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Foggy

Can't even begin to comprehend the ex's pov and how she ended up where she is at especially after reading episode 1. I'm missing something. The lack-a-resolution ..... 3*

Could have been more even if left unresolved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Story

Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Mine is that I wish there was more to this story...

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
once again blah blah blah

what did a romance novel vomit this shit up about cheating slut and a heart of gold? all that happened was the fucking cunt cheated but didn't want to pay like whore should, and that cindy cunt and her plotted behind his back? yeah thats a trustful dying bitch lie lie lie and all works out in the end, yep sounds like a religious type lie to get what ever you want and god will forgive you because you know best.Every cuckold has this knd of lieing bitch for a wife, because she knows best and wont get caught.... sorry cindy died in her bed, now he cant divorce her conniving ass.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Not just stories...

...both stories are magic! They touch and they involve the reader in more than an ordinary way. It rarely happens that an author produces something that reaches the very soul of his reader. No closure for his readers, but strains were taken, no doubt. As for "Dilemma" Joesephus deserves nothing less than 5 stars, at the least.

Thank you. Pleasurable reading.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

She was a cheating cunt and I don't give a rats ass about her character!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I needed this

Even though this story wasn't the closure I 'needed', it helped. Though these characters are magically made up, the pain we felt while reading of theirs is real, I know I am a better man for having read both these stories.

Thank you to the author, though this person is in Heaven.

HardFeltHardFeltabout 11 years ago
some stories

Some stories are stories and others are ... this. This is beyond a story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 11 years ago
Damn

I guess we'll never know.

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
Since I have read that the author is dead I wonder if someone else would...

...finish the story. This was a wonderful romantic story with tragedy, emotion, love, not enough sex to suit me and too much religious stuff to suit me. It could be finished as the end story of a wonderful forgiveness and reconciliation story with Lorelei getting implanted with the eggs and Chris becoming whole again and them ending up together. That is how I would want it written and if it is not written that way I would not want to read it. I think that Cindy is a saint and although I was raised by religious fanatic parents and I completely rebelled and do not get along with any organized religion I think her character in this STORY was excellent. The story was completely believable and I would really like to see it finished in the manner I suggested. I hope the author is resting in peace, he did a great job with this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Why?

It says the story's left unresolved so why do so many people expect a follow up?

Richie4110Richie4110over 11 years ago
No ending Dilemma

I loved the story development and writing style and feel empty at the end because there is much I'd like to know about the rest of the story. I gave it a 3 because I'm left to wonder. Perhaps that was the idea but it was a bad one.

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 AS IN EDEN, EVEN THERE THEY HAD SPEED BUMPS

JUST GO SLOW....AND LET THE WINDS OF CHANGE FLOW tk u mlj lv nv

count2threecount2threealmost 12 years ago
Well its a good addition to the original story, but ...

... the problem is, that it does very little to fulfill its true purpose: To shed some light on the reason why Lorelei did, what she did. It becomes even more obvious here than in the original story, that there is no possible explanation.

The author blew that fairytale relationship of Lorelei and Chris so out of proportions, that, should you choose to believe something that pure can even exist, it is completely unfathonable how she would throw that away. It just does not add up and that was the big problem I had with the original story - its an even bigger problem here.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 12 years ago
Follow-up

Does Chris honor Cindy and go through with Lorelei being the Carrier of their 2 Babies or does he hold onto the "pain" and leave her sitting their. and does her family esp. Sandy get involved and express their feelings. and how does the possibility of Lorelei carrying Cindys babies get the Parents His and her Mom on whos side will they be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
27 minutes to become a slut.

Title says it all..followed by excuses and explanations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
WOW

This guy knew how to pull at your heart strings. Things he wrote about had real life in them.

I am sorry to hear about his families loss.

Another gifted writer needs to take this story and complete it. Just the way this writer started it.

oldoelGDoldoelGDover 12 years ago
Disappointed ...

The part about King's demise was great, including how she felt about Chris. Chris needs Lorelei to carry the babies. It is not easy to put off an extended entrapment when the significant other cannot be present for very long periods. Predators are very effective at finding a quick weakness, and taking advantage of such people.

Chris needs Lorelei to share his grief, knowing it would restart their relationship, by making Lorelei the physical mother of Cindy's children.

Chris also knows Cindy set it up to be that way. She knew her husband so well.

Great read, so far ... now finish it, hopefully as you have already set it up.

C_frommnC_frommnover 12 years ago
I Think

The story is incomplete What do they do.. Forgive move on lose hope? There is alot of ways for this to play out and maybe Cindy was repairing the Last People she felt it necessary to Repair...

MystykOneMystykOneover 12 years ago
some afterthoughts after reading all the comments

i usually just read a few comments and if i think it is warranted i leave a comment....but this story caught at my mind and heart so i must talk further.

first i am heartbroken that this fine author died so young. his ability to get you inside the mind of his characters is phenomenal. this man would have been a great writer and we all are poorer for his loss and i weep over not reading the bestsellers he undoubtedly would have written. i cry for his loss and i know even now his loved ones miss him yet and i feel for them.

i also must say after reading the comments that the cheater mindset is alive and well and trying desperately to justify itself. unfortunately all the justification in the world does not excuse the breaking of the vows of fidelity and trust. once they are broken they are pretty much unrepairable to the original levels then it is up to the couple involved if they want to live with the lack of trust and the feeling of impending doom waiting for the other cheating shoe to drop.

i really appreciate and respect the comments of risq_001, he seems to really get the story the same way i do. with a couple of disagreements but all in all kudos to you risq! i also find the husband to be a very strong man. stronger than me....i might have tried to work things thru with her with that kind of connection and it would only end in tragedy and perhaps suicide or murder. he pulled away and thankfully met cindy. i dont agree that cindy was some weirdo. i have been lucky to meet a person similar to her in my life....and forgiveness and love were not just words to this person.....they were a way of life.

to those that beaked off about how he wouldnt be a good parent, well yer all idiots....he would make a great father! save your sanctimonious bullshit for your nearest ghetto or womans shelter and try and help some kids that really have bad parents. gawd get yer heads outa yer asses.

thank you

JLRemoraJLRemoraover 12 years ago

I found this highly talented writer too late. I've devoured all his stories, leading me to desire more. I have a great admiration for many of the other gifted writers on Lit. but, I do think this young man, Joesephus, was in a league all his own.

His ability to easily penetrate beneath the facade of life, delving deep into his characters' thoughts and coming out the other side with a better understanding, even if it's bitter, is so vastly different than other works, that it will cause the reader to pause and reflect.

I suspect that Lorelei's "mental/emotional" issues stem from her near tangible connection with Chris. For the same reason, I think that a person who loses all their senses would be in the same state of mind. Imagine not being able to talk, hear, see, or feel a touch, would that not drive a person to extreme states of mental imbalance?

Yes, Lorelei retained that connection to Chris, but it no longer served the same purpose. The eyes would not be able to define images to clarity, they would remain, colorless, and rough shapes. Only certain notes would be heard. Words of expression would be limited a handful. And the only skin sensation felt would be that of extreme cold or extreme heat.

Anyway, I thought that might be a rationale behind what the writer had in mind in using the mental/spiritual connection as a catalyst for Lorelie's reactions and subsequent actions and feelings. Sadly, we will never know with any certainty.

MystykOneMystykOneover 12 years ago
dwornock u are obviously a cheating woman or a deviant without a clue

the most important bond and vow in married life is fidelity without that there is nothing. now i am not in anyway a churchgoer or even christian for that matter and i am, tho not a swinger, pretty laid back about sex. when my wife and i feel like a walk on the wild side we will pick up a SINGLE girl(cuz we wont ever break anyone elses marriage vows either) and share her...all within the bounds of the vows we made to each other. other marriages are not so free and their vows are just as important as ours. without trust in a marriage, you have absolutely nothing. and in my experience in my long life and the experiences of all those ive known, once a cheater always a cheater. there are a very few who get burned so bad and who get help who can break themselves from the mindset....but that is very rare! this story is awesome and the author has managed to put you into 2 very believable characters minds....i applaud him. it is not an easy thing to do but he pulled it off. so dwornock...look to yourself. i would NOT want to be married to a person who cares so little about the vows of marriage, because you are a timebomb waiting to go off. i can only hope that it is not your loved one that gets hurt, i only hope your character flaws cause you to marry as big a cheater as you are and they hurt you first. in which case enjoy your pain! LMAO and then lets hear what you have to say!!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHAT TO SAY AFTER THE BETRAYAL

only that time may heal all wounds. TK U MLJ LV NV

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
A drama king and a drama queen.

Chris is an immature cry baby and I pity his children. The last thing he needs is more children that will grow up an angry immature brat as a father. If the children makes him angry, he will go off the deep end and desert them like he did to his mother and father.

And Lorelei, good grief! Get a life. So she had a quick fuck; that is no big deal and, since Chris over-reacted, she should be thinking her lucky stars that she is rid of him. To even think that she might carry his kids, means she is mentally disturbed.

I rated it 3***.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Sad news from below comment

I cried for Cindy and now for Joesephus. Is there truly a God up there? When assholes like myself are left to walk his green Earth while the Fare and Good Souls are called Home?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
tribute

someone needs to finish this story as a tribute to a very good writer. it's truly a gem and needs to be complete.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
it's done

Rephil, I assume you are fairly new to the site and didn't see the earlier comments on this story. So you probably didn't know that joesephus was killed in a car crash not long after this story was posted. This was his last story. Such a tragedy. He was a talented young writer and someone who genuinely cared about improving as a writer. It's been 3 1/2 years and he is missed just as much now as he was when it happened.

RePhilRePhilalmost 13 years ago
BRILLIANT

PLEASE FINISH THS LITTLE GEM OF A STORY

count2threecount2threeabout 13 years ago
Remarkable Story.

It is so sad that our primal urges can destroy our life in the blink of an eye. And that that can happen even to the best of us no-one should ever forget.

I don't agree with those comments which send hate in Lorelei's direction. Surely I felt the same way after the beginning of Dilemma, but she hurt herself as much as she hurt him and she did everything to atone for her sins. As I said no-one is save from Mistakes like that, if you, for one minute, think you are, then you are only a minute away from your downfall.

I think thats what is remarkable about this Story, the world is not black and white and so often we destroy the best things in our life for reasons we will never know.

C_frommnC_frommnabout 13 years ago
Another Chapter

Is what I think you got us too this point and leave it up in the Air.

Maybe Chris won't have her as his Wife but He could want Cindys Babys to be with him.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous