Diner Date

Story Info
Raising a child alone is harder than William Kinney knew...
8.6k words
4.44
5.1k
3
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Diner Date

~~Denver, Colorado, March 2068 ~~

She sat quietly sipping from her drink as she slowly ate her dinner. Her tablet, propped neatly on the salt and pepper shakers let her continue reading. The small hole-in-the-wall diner was mildly packed, with only a few empty tables. Her gaze lifted when the chime over the door rang out, a man and his little girl entered. The little girl looked around for a moment and then her eyes brightened and she darted towards the table, "Miss H! Miss H! You eat dinner here too?" She bounded over and crawled up on the chair at the table.

Trinity smiled at the girl, moving her tablet to one side, "Yes, Miss Victoria, it's a lovely restaurant and I enjoy having dinner here. How are you this evening?"

"I'm good Miss H." She beamed up at her with a gap-toothed smile, "This is my Daddy. Daddy this is Miss H."

The young man walked over, blushing slightly. "I'm sorry, miss. That one managed to slip my grip again," he said in a mock-serious tone, looking at Victoria. The corners of his mouth were twitching as he tried not to smile. "I hope she didn't bother you too much." His head cocked to the side and he murmured, "Miss H... Where do I..."

"She's my teacher, Daddy," Victoria said almost impudently, then looked at Trinity, "May we sit with you? I promise I'll be good."

Trinity smiled at her, then looked up at the young man, giving him another gentle smile, "That would be fine with me, Miss Victoria, if your father is OK with it. I wouldn't want to intrude on a family meal." She finished looking at Victoria.

An expression of recognition crossed his face followed by one of embarrassment at having forgotten. "Of course. Miss Holbreck. God, I'm so terrible with names, it's a wonder I can even do my job sometimes." He paused, then added, "It's not an intrusion. You're... looking at the family meal, so... If you're not bothered by little Miss precocious here...," he trailed off with a smile as he pulled out a chair for Victoria, who perfunctorily hopped into it. He sat down next to her and helped scoot her chair in.

Trinity gave him another gentle, kind smile, "I am not bothered, Victoria often helps in the classroom and is almost always quite well-behaved. You may call me Trinity, Mister Kinney."

"Well then, Trinity, I insist you call me Will. Only my mother calls me William anymore, and then only when I've inevitably done something wrong," he smiled broadly at her as he sat.

"Yes, Will," she murmured. She raised her glass slightly and less than a moment later a waiter was beside the table with his pad. "Jorge, Will, and Victoria are joining me for dinner."

"Yes, Miss H." He turned and gave Will and Victoria a beaming smile, "What can I do you for?"

Victoria hesitated only a moment, then quickly ordered her dinner, Will was a few beats behind her. Jorge bowed his head and then vanished, returning a few seconds later with their drinks and utensils for them. "Enjoy, I will return with your food soon."

Trinity watched him go with a fond smile before turning back to Will and Victoria, "So, if I recall correctly, you are a programmer, Will?"

He chuckled. "Only in my spare time now, though, that's how I got my start. Now I... coach... other programmers. Help them navigate getting their projects and companies off the ground. Sort of giving back, you know?"

Trinity nodded slightly, "I understand that, I just recall Victoria telling me that you were making the computer do work." She gave him a sheepish smile, "I understand the desire to give back, that's part of why I teach." She looked at Victoria, who gave her a cherub beaming grin, "That and adorable little mischief-makers like this one."

Victoria spoke up, "Miss H should come home with us, she could help you with me, Daddy. She's the one that fixes my hair after naptime."

Will chuckled nervously, "Victoria, I'm sure Trinity here has better things to do than wait around for you to finish your nap on a Saturday afternoon just so that she could fix your hair. It's already kind enough that she is having lunch with us..."

Victoria pouted slightly, then looked up at Trinity with hopeful sad eyes. Trinity smiled softly and rubbed a hand over Victoria's head, "Let us have lunch together first and see where the day takes us, yes?"

"Yes, Miss H," Victoria sighed, then sat back as her food was delivered. "What are you reading?" She changed the subject, resolving to bring it up again later.

"A news article about Moorwind Industries, and the advances they have made in the robotics field," Trinity stated simply, giving Victoria a soft smile.

Will looked up quickly before letting his eyes drop back to his plate. He knew exactly what Moorwind industries did. He'd even met their CEO, Michael Moorwind once at a seminar. "They're an interesting company. I know some people that have worked with them from a company out of Silicon Valley. Future Power Designs? An old client and friend of mine wrote some software and they liked it so much they bought his company and set him up out there."

Trinity smiled at him, "I enjoyed their display in Vegas when I was able to go last year. A friend of mine was accepting an award for her costume work." She smiled down at Victoria, "Now, how has your reading been coming along? Did you enjoy the story I suggested?"

Victoria nodded eagerly and began talking about it, dominating the conversation while she ate giving the two adults a chance to study each other. Trinity had a soft smile on her face as she listened to Victoria. As the lunch wound down, Victoria started yawning sleepily, then turned and crawled into Trinity's lap, curling against her chest. Trinity simply shifted her seat slightly to make room and then smiled up at Will, "How are you holding up?" She asked softly, her voice barely loud enough for him to hear.

He smiled a raw and genuine, but tired smile. "I'm all right. I'm not sure how you do it, though. One is exhausting...," he breathed.

"I always wanted a big family," she murmured, and looked down at the snoozing Victoria, "They fill that hole." She stroked her hand over Victoria's head, gently tucking her up slightly higher in a more comfortable position. "What about you? Are you happy?"

He chuckled softly, "I'm not... unhappy?" he offered with a wry smile.

She squeezed his hand three times gently, "It will all work out in the end. Now concerning this one's query, my Saturday afternoons are usually spent reading or watching a movie. I am not upset or uncomfortable with her request. I simply don't want you to be uncomfortable by my presence."

He looked at her hand on his and smiled softly, "I don't find your presence uncomfortable, Trinity. Quite the opposite." He looked at her, "At the same time if you prefer to be alone so that you can unwind with that book or movie, that makes perfect sense to me also."

Her lips quirked up slightly, giving him a soft smile, "No, I don't need to be alone. I'm comfortable with you as well," she gently squeezed his hand again, then rose to her feet, shifting Victoria as she slid her tablet into her purse and then lifted to her shoulder. She pulled out a credit chip, set it for the correct amount, and dropped it on the table to cover their meal. "Shall we? I'll load her into your car, then we can exchange information so I can find your house?"

He nodded, "Next time, I'm buying though," he stated firmly before leading her out to his car. It was a fairly expensive car, but not in a showy way. More one that was loaded with comforts. They loaded Victoria in the back seat and he pulled out his smartphone, quickly exchanging contact information with her.

"It's a date," she murmured, giving him an impish smile. "Meet you at your house?" At his nod, she turned and walked towards her car, an older model blue truck that came to life with a low rumble. She followed him back to his house, humming along to the radio.

His house was what most would call 'modern', and very spartan. As they walked in, he led her through the house. The only room in the house that she saw that had any real decoration to it was Victoria's. He opened the door and they walked in as he moved to the bed to tuck her in.

Victoria's eyes blinked open slightly and she gave the two of them a gap-toothed smile before she rolled onto her side and cuddled into her pink teddy bear. Trinity smiled softly, her heart melting slightly at how tenderly he was caring for his daughter. She quietly backed up and waited for him, walking beside him back to the living room. "She's a sweet child."

"She is. I just wish...," he trailed off, shaking his head slightly.

Trinity bit her lip, then touched his arm gently, "I get the feeling you could use a hug. Would you like one?"

He looked at her for a moment, then sighed, pulling her close and tucking her under his chin. "It just isn't right. Charlie and Laura should be able to see her grow up. Be part of that. Now she has to settle for... me," He snorted softly as a tear formed, "No kid should have to put up with that..."

She wrapped her arms around him, melting into his embrace and her hand stroked up and down his back. She held him gently to her soft warmth, "She loves you." She rocked him slightly from side to side, "She's always happy to talk about you at school. You might not have helped create her, but you are loving her and being a Father." She squeezed him slightly, "Let's move to the couch, and you can use me as a teddy bear."

They sat down on the couch and he pushed his back into the corner, bringing one leg up against the back of the couch. She sat between his legs and he held her, silent for long moments. "It's not that I resent... It's just... I miss him so much. He always knew what to do. And I... don't anymore. Parenting isn't anything like computers, and that was the only thing I was ever really good at..."

She shifted up slightly closer on the couch and snuggled into his chest. "It's OK for you to miss him and to be sad that he's not here with her. Parenting is hard. Children are complicated, unique individuals who get into all kinds of mischief." She rubbed her hand over his upper arm, "You're doing wonderfully so far."

"Just... she deserves better than me and they would have been so great...," he said in a whisper.

"Life isn't about what we deserve, it's about loving each other and trying. They may have been great, I can't say as I have never met them." She gently reached up to cup his cheek and smiled softly into his eyes, "However, I can tell you with absolute certainty, every parent has had these doubts and questions. All you can do is keep trying and love her."

"I am... I mean, I will...," he trailed off.

She gave him another soft smile, then turned slightly and tucked herself into his chest. She was a soft, warm comfort in his arms. "Rest with me. It's going to be OK. I am here for you."

Will held her there for a long time, neither speaking. Finally, he seemed to calm down and come to himself. "OH! I'm... You were going to read... I didn't mean to monopolize..."

Trinity smiled, reaching up to press a finger across his lips, "I gave it to you freely. The article isn't going anywhere." Her eyes turned softer, slightly warmer as a blush crossed her cheeks, "Besides, it is nice to be held like this."

Will blinked in shock, "Surely it can't be that infrequent? Someone as beautiful and warm as you..." He paused, then added, "What are my fellow idiot men thinking?" He stopped and bit his tongue, "I mean, unless you're... not interested... I don't judge..." His voice lowered in frustration and muttered, "Rambling..."

Her nose wrinkled, "You're adorable when you ramble," she smiled softly up at him. "It's alright, yes, it's been infrequent, mostly because my lifestyle isn't always compatible with others. The few munches I've visited have been heavy on the bedroom and less on the actual life." She shrugged, "Plus you know, the glamorous job of being a teacher to twenty, five to seven-year-olds."

"Lifestyle can be a hard thing. The... um... last woman I was with was fine with all of that but...," he looked for a polite way to put it, "was not amenable to how a child would change that lifestyle. So... she's not here anymore." A look of both sadness and relief crossed his face.

Trinity nodded her head in understanding, then snuggled into his chest again, "A child changes the lifestyle only as much as you wish it to. I mean, you can't run around naked as much, but it shouldn't change everything else. The random cuddles, the taking care of and providing for your Master. Wearing a dress so that he can give orgasms when he wishes." She bit her lip and ducked her head slightly, a blush crossing her cheeks again, "My apologies. I shouldn't be illuminating my fantasies so rudely."

"It isn't rude if I want to know them," he murmured. "Besides, it sounds like we are of a similar mind." He thought for a moment, then continued, "I hope it's not too forward, but would you like to stay for dinner? I think... I'd like to start to get to know you better, Trinity."

She looked up at him through her lashes, then gave him a soft, sweet smile. "I would like that," she paused for a moment, then continued softly, almost as if tasting the word on her tongue, "Master."

Looking at him as she was, she both saw his eyes flutter and felt the soft tremor that shook his body. "E-Excellent," he murmured. "I had planned on doing spaghetti tonight because...," he trailed off, "she's five, and I'm sick of macaroni and cheese." He paused, then added softly, "I hope that is all right."

"I like spaghetti, Master," she smiled, enjoying his reaction to her use of that word. "Perhaps with my help we can expand her repertoire of meals?"

He chuckled, "I'd love to. That would require both that I actually know how to cook more than five or six dishes and that I do not work eleven- or twelve-hour days." He paused, "Oooh... or maybe a magic wand. Do you have one?" he teased gently.

She giggled softly, "No, Master. However, I have two hands, and the ability to drive." She tilted her head slightly and smiled into his eyes, "Of course, Master. I would be happy to come over after work and cook for you and Victoria."

He nodded thoughtfully, then reached up and cupped her cheek. "Question. Are you... saying... what I think you're saying? I don't want to take things the wrong way if... you're just being polite," he paused, then added, "with an honorific..."

She pressed her head into his hand gently, "I'm saying, Master, that I would like to enter into courting with you." She reached up and cupped his cheek, gently stroking her thumb under his eye, "I find myself comfortable and happy around you, Master. I would like to explore this feeling with you, Master."

His sigh of relief was audible. "I can't tell you how relieved that makes me. I don't...," he looked around then lowered his voice conspiratorially, "I'm actually not very good at this... at, you know, dating."

"Neither am I, Master," she smiled up at him. Her eyes turned soft and warmer, "May I kiss you, Master?"

"That sounds like the best idea I've heard in months...," he replied, his own eyes softening.

She lifted slightly and brushed her lips across his tenderly, then slowly firmer, her tongue flicked out over his lips tasting him. A soft whimper of pleasure and need escaped her lips into his mouth as she melted into him.

His hands slid around her and he pressed into the kiss, a soft groan of pleasure echoing in his throat. When their lips finally parted, he held her there and looked into her eyes. "That... That was amazing. I've never felt anything like that before..."

"Then we should do it again, Master." Her lips curved up in a smile, "Perhaps you should kiss me as you fantasize."

His nostrils flared at his hot exhale and his hand reached up and cupped at her cheek before sliding around to the back of her head. His fingers entangled themselves in her hair and he slowly closed them into a fist, tugging at the roots. Watching her expression slightly to gauge her comfort level, he finally brought his lips back down to hers in a needy, hungry kiss. His tongue swept out of his mouth, pushing past her lips and into hers, insistent and demanding as he began to explore and mark what was to be his territory.

A soft moan echoed into his mouth, she melted into his kiss and eagerly sucked on his tongue in invitation. Her hands slid down to clutch at his back and press as close as possible. Her eyes fluttered closed as she savored and enjoyed the feel of being claimed, his hand in her hair increasing her arousal greatly. When he released her lips, her eyes opened and gazed up at him, "Your good girl, Master."

"Dear God, that sounds so good on your lips...," he breathed. Searching her eyes, he slowly released her hair. "This is... not going to cause you an issue at the school is it?" he asked, a hint of worry in his voice.

"No, Master," she stated simply and gave him another smile. She turned her body to face him, shifting to straddle his lap, and leaned in, "I like your hand in my hair, Master. I also really enjoy your kisses and would like another."

Will smiled eagerly and tightened his arms around her body once more before giving her another toe-curling kiss. A low growl rumbled from his chest as he held her and, when he finally released her lips, he rumbled simply, "Mine," as he searched her eyes.

Her eyes were warm, offering and giving, "Yours, Master." She shifted and pressed down slightly, teasing his groin with hers. "How would you like to spend the rest of the evening after dinner, Master?"

He looked at her for a long moment, his body screaming at him as he tried to ignore it. "I think... I want to talk and get to know you. Who you are. What your dreams are." He paused, then murmured, looking into her eyes, "Something tells me it's going to be so easy to fall in love with you. I think it's already started... And I don't... I don't want to make a mistake. With Victoria, I mean. I don't think I am. But...," he trailed off, eyes pleading with her to understand his meaning whether he said things correctly or not.

She smiled into his eyes gently, then brushed her lips across his, "Of course, Master." She shifted slightly and lifted off him carefully, glancing at the clock, "Let's go get dinner started and we can talk, Master."

He nodded, then stood, sliding his hand around to cup her ass and pull her against him briefly, a soft groan on his lips, before turning and walking to the kitchen to start pulling out the ingredients. He was making it from scratch, with some Italian sausage and fresh mushrooms. As they worked, they talked and he started to tell her about himself and who he was. How he grew up. Him and Charlie. His leaving for California, and his business success. Then the accident and how he moved back to Denver where their parents were.

She listened, then stepped up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, laying her head against his back. She listened, and then when it was her turn, she talked; about how she grew up in an orphanage and always wanted a family. How her entire hope and dream was to be a teacher and help children who were like her. Her search for a Master and a home. Her hand stroked up and down his chest, gently massaging.

Victoria came in a few minutes later, waking up from her nap, squealing excitedly at the sight of the two of them hugging. She bounded over and joined them, snuggling into them. "Yay!"

Trinity stroked her hand over Victoria's head, "I take it you approve of our courting, little one?" Victoria nodded eagerly.

"You mean, with a judge?" Victoria asked, her brow furrowing in confusion.

"Eventually, if we decide to wed. Do you remember the story I read about the prince and princess?" At Victoria's nod, Trinity continued, "We are doing something similar to dating, but we call it courting because it's more exclusive. Your Dad won't date another woman and I won't date another man."