Disappeared

Story Info
Much ado about nothing.
4k words
4.09
7.4k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Hopenot
Hopenot
267 Followers

Not much sex in this one but all persons who do have sex in this fictional story are over 18 years of age.

My wife Amy told me that she had to go out of town for a training the Monday after Halloween and wouldn't be back until Friday. She had worked for the same insurance firm for the last six years and had never once had to go out of town. She was an administrative assistant. What sort of training could she need?

"Ames what kind of training is it?" I asked.

"It's for the new claims reporting system we will be using." she said matter of factly.

"Do you want me to take a video of the boys' basketball games for you so you can watch them when you get back?"

"That'd be great, Honey. Thank you." Amy said before kissing my cheek.

The weather was unusually warm so the boys, Tommy and Dave, had been running around the neighborhood with their friends all weekend. That left Amy and I plenty of alone time and she was all over me every time they left the house.

"I've never been away from you for so long Tom. I want to make sure that you know I'm going to miss you." she said smiling before kneeling down and taking my cock in her mouth.

Amy had few inhibitions when it came to our sex life. She rarely said no to sex and was usually the instigator of our encounters. We had sex a minimum of four times a week throughout our marriage even after the boys came. Most of the time I was the one to tap out first when our sessions would turn into marathons.

I'm sure Amy and her colleagues would go out to enjoy the city after their training ended for the day. There would be opportunities for someone to 'slip her a micky' and take advantage of her if she wasn't careful and I wouldn't be there looking out for her. Probably just paranoia but this was our first time being apart and I was very nervous about this trip.

As if reading my mind Amy looked in my eyes and tried reassuring me: "Tom, my friends will look out for me and I'll look out for them. I'm certainly not looking for any strange. I love you so much that I want to be intimate every time we're together. I would hope you feel that way too."

"I do Ames, we've just never been apart for a whole week in the eleven years we've been married and I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Lover. You'd better make sure to stay hydrated next week because when I get back we aren't leaving the bedroom all weekend." Amy said with an evil smirk.

"We do have two little boys with curious minds that live with us, you know." I informed her laughing.

"Maybe they should go visit Grandma and Grandpa next weekend." she said with the same smirk.

"I think that's a plan."

On Monday I took Amy to the airport and we kissed a long goodbye. She promised to call once she'd got settled into her hotel.

Several hours after her flight was due to land I hadn't heard anything from her. I checked the airline's website and the plane had landed on time. I called her cell phone and it went straight to voicemail.

I called Wendy, her friend that she worked with and asked her if she'd seen Amy at the hotel they were all staying at for the training. She told me that Amy had gotten off the plane and told her boss that she had an emergency before going off to baggage claims. She wasn't sure where she'd gone after picking up her bags.

What the hell was going on. I called Amy's phone every half an hour but she never answered. I told my boss what had happened and asked him for the rest of the day off. He told me to leave and to please keep him informed about Amy.

I went home and checked the answering machine to see if she'd called that. Nothing. I called my parents and told them what was going on and asked them to pick the boys up from school because I may need to fly out since something had happened to Amy.

She had just vanished. No one had any communication with her. I flew to Tampa, where her training was being held, the following day and spoke to her colleagues but they'd heard nothing from her as well. I contacted the Tampa police, told them what had happened, left a picture of her with them and went back to my hotel.

I did everything I could think of to find her. The police had nothing. Airport security cameras showed her getting into an Uber alone with her bags and leaving. After four days, having exhausted all means to find her, I reluctantly flew back home.

My mom and dad brought the boys back home once I got back. The atmosphere in the house was like someone had died. The boys cried and hung all over me when I told them that mommy wouldn't be home for awhile. They'd picked up on the atmosphere too and were scared.

A week went by and no Amy. I phoned the Tampa police every day but they had no new information on her.

Friday almost two weeks after Amy had left home the lieutenant who was working Amy's case called and asked me if she had any tattoos. I told him that she had one of a rose on her left calf.

There was a pregnant pause until the lieutenant spoke with a sadness in his voice that I immediately recognized. All he got out was "Mr. Wilson" and I broke down in tears. My mother had to take the phone and get the details from the officer. They wanted me to come to Tampa and identify the body.

Everyone in the house was in denial. To a person we all had hope that it wasn't her. I made arrangements to fly out in the morning and put the boys to bed. I didn't get much sleep that night. In the morning, after I had packed, my dad asked if I'd like him go with me. I told him that I wanted he and mom to be home for the boys.

I landed in Tampa and went straight to the police station. I explained who I was and what I was there for. The officer at the desk told me that the morgue was two blocks down the street. I walked there in the Florida sun thinking how much Amy would've liked to have gone to the beach in the afternoons when her trainings had let out for the day.

At the morgue I was taken downstairs and signed in. A medical examiner walked me to a drawer and pulled it open revealing a body underneath a white sheet. The examiner explained to me before exposing the body that the woman here had been raped and badly beaten and even if it was my wife she wouldn't look like herself.

He then pulled the sheet back and I was horrified. The love of my life had been so badly beaten that her eyes were swollen, her nose was broken and her jaw was misaligned looking like it had been broken as well. There were bruises all over her arms and neck.

I broke down in sobs and fell to my knees. How could anyone do this to her? What kind of person was out there that could beat a mother of two little boys to death?

The examiner brought me back to the present asking me if the body was my wife. I asked to see her left calf and there was her rose tattoo. I was barely able to speak but managed to tell him that it was indeed my Amy. She was gone.

I then tried to get myself back together, the body would need transported back home. There was a funeral to arrange. I needed to phone my parents and let them know the sad truth that Amy was gone. Amy's parents had both died before we'd met and she had no siblings so there was no one to notify on her side.

I walked back to the police station and demanded to know if they were going to do anything about a wife and mother being murdered in their town. I vented to each person that came to speak with me. They all spoke to me calmly and were all very understanding. They knew why I was so angry.

One of the female officers came over, put her arm on my shoulder and asked me if I needed her to drive me anywhere. She said that her church was nearby and maybe I could speak with the chaplain there. I told her to just take me back to my hotel. I wanted to crawl in a hole and hide from the world.

Officer Jamie Conrad wouldn't allow me to be alone. She stayed in my hotel room and talked with me, held me and cried with me. She called someone and a half hour later a big burly man came to the room with carry out from a Chinese restaurant that was down the street.

The man kissed Officer Conrad once he'd put the food on the table and I thought briefly that the carry out service was going a little too far for a tip. Jamie introduced me to her husband Jim. I shook his hand apologizing for being in a hotel room with his wife. He laughed and told me not to let it happen again.

Jim gave me a hug and told me that he was sorry for my loss. I broke down and he held me until I got myself composed. We all sat down at the table to eat and surprisingly I was hungry. After lunch we sat and drank some coffee.

Jim asked what age my boys were and I told him their ages and how they loved to play basketball. Jamie asked if I needed to call anyone back home to let them know what happened and I broke down into tears again. I was a mess. The love of my life had been brutally murdered and I was in shock.

Jim and Jamie were good people and helped me organize my thoughts on what needed to be done and when. I'm not sure how I would have gotten anything done without their help.

I flew back home the following morning without my Amy. Her body was to be flown back a day later.

My dad picked me up from the airport. He was trying to be strong for me but I could see he was broken too. Amy was the daughter he and mom never had. We hugged at the baggage pickup and I cried into my dad's shoulder until the bags started coming out.

The drive home was silent. I used the time to try and stuff my feelings away so that I could face my two boys and tell them that their mother was dead. I had no idea how to even do that. How do you look a ten year old and an eight year old in the eye and tell them that their mommy is dead?

Carrying my bags in the door the boys both clinged to me and I hugged them both. They seemed to know that their mother was not coming home. They were both crying before I even got the words out. Those poor babies.

It wasn't fair that six weeks before Christmas these boys had their mom taken away from them! I was mad at no one and everyone. I wanted answers, dammit! Why! I got no answer, not from counseling, not from God, not from the police, no one.

The funeral was by far the worst one I'd ever been to. Everyone was in shock. Friends broke down in my arms, my mom and dad finally cracked and just sobbed at the cemetery and the boys and I were just lost. Eventually, mercifully it was all over and the boys and I went home to begin our new life without Amy.

I got the kids and myself into grief counseling and told their teachers to please understand what they were going through. Christmas break was coming up soon so they'd have a few weeks off.

On the last Tuesday a week before Christmas break my oldest, Tommy called me and said that he and Dave were at his friend Ty's house because some man was following them in his car while they were walking home.

I told him to stay put and I called the police. The police saw no one lurking around when they arrived so they drove Tommy and Dave home. I left work and headed home right after I called the cops. I met the police cruiser in the driveway.

I took the boys to their basketball practice with the police assuring me they'd stay parked at the gym until I came to get them. I started cooking us some dinner after dropping them off and had just gotten the spaghetti finished when someone knocked on the door.

I answered it and a man and woman identifying themselves as Fran and Stan, FBI asked to come in and talk to me about the man following my sons today. I was taken aback by it being the FBI but let them in inviting them to sit in the living room.

"So why is the FBI interested in some creep following my sons from school?"

"Mr. Peters do you have any idea who it was that stalked your sons today?"

"I have no clue. If I did I would've already found them and kicked their ass."

"Have you heard from your wife in the last week or two Mr. Peters?" Agent Fran asked.

"My wife's dead, miss." I answered like they were stupid.

Agent Stan looked over at Fran muttering: "I told you."

I started to get angry. "What is going on!"

"Mr. Peters unfortunately your family is in grave danger here. That man following your sons today is with the Russian mob. They are trying to find your wife and will use any means they can to locate her, including kidnapping."

"Maybe you guys haven't been keeping up with current events but my wife is dead. Anyone looking to find her just needs to go to the Greenlawn Cemetery." I told them exasperated.

"Your wife Mandy is not dead Mr. Peters." That statement drew a sturn look from her partner. "She is in witness protection."

Now I was furious. "What! What are you fucking saying?! My wife's name is Amy. Do you even have the right person here?"

"Oh yes, um Amy, sorry. She got spotted at the airport in Tampa by a Russian that she recognized and she had to disappear." Fran told me flatly.

My anger turned to hope. Hope that had been lost when I saw Amy's body in that morgue. "She's alive?" I whispered.

"She is Mr. Peters but she is currently in the witness protection program and we cannot divulge her location, even to you." Stan informed me with a look of concern.

"Who the fuck are you people!?" I shouted. "Where is my wife! There are two little boys that need their mother and you're not going to keep her from them."

"We can't tell you her location Mr. Peters. You, your wife, your boys, you could all be killed."

"Fran, Stan are either of you married? Do you have any children?"

Both of them shook their heads no.

"Then you don't know the anguish of listening to your two babies crying for their dead mother every night in bed. Covering your head with a pillow because hearing them and knowing that there was nothing you could do to ease their pain was just too much. Every night, night after night, I cry for my wife and my heartbroken boys."

"Mr. Peters please understand, we don't want you or anyone in your family getting hurt."

"You don't think my kids and I have been hurt? I would welcome physical pain over the mental torture we've been through. I want to know where Amy is!"

Fran looked at Stan and Stan looked at Fran before Stan left the room making a phone call.

"Amy Pollack isn't really her name, Mr. Peters. Its actually Mandy Roberts. She testified against 'Boris VonBaron' in Federal court fifteen years ago but he fled to Russia before sentencing. He's had his henchmen looking for her ever since."

"Does Amy even want to see us or is she happy to just get away and have a fresh start?" I asked still a little angry.

"Mr. Peters you've had your boys, your parents and your friends to help you get through this. Your wife has had no one. Her heart is broken and I'd say that she's not doing very well."

"Wait a minute! Who was the dead woman at the morgue?" I asked getting even angrier.

"She was a homeless woman, without any family, dying in the hospital. We let her die peacefully before making her look like she'd been assaulted. We applied a temporary rose tatoo to her calf to convince you it was her."

"I received $200,000 in life insurance on Amy. Are they going to come after me for fraud? Will I need to pay that back now?"

"The government repaid your insurance company the $200,000 already. This type of situation has happened before, Mr. Peters."

Stan came back in the room and pointed to the couch wanting me to sit back down.

"Mr. Peters, Rick, look Mandy, sorry Amy is safe right now. No one knows where she is including you. The Russians know where her family is though and that is a big problem. You and your boys need to disappear if you ever want to be safe."

"What about Amy? I want her with us. Where did she go to?"

"She insisted on going to Fidalgo Island, Washington. She never said why but that's where she is. We can arrange for you to start your lives over with her in a few weeks if that's what you want."

"That's where we had our honeymoon." I laughingly told them. "She loves it there. What about my parents, work, school, our house and all of that?"

"Your parents are probably in danger here. We can't put them in the program however. Only immediate family. We'll line out jobs, schools and housing for you."

I needed to pick the boys up from practice so I told Stan and Fran to go ahead and plan on our move.

I picked the boys up from basketball and took them home to eat dinner and let them know that their mother was alive. This time their tears were happy ones.

I filled my mom and dad in on what all had happened and what was going to happen. I explained to them that they could move with us but they couldn't stay here and come visit us once we were gone. They wanted to be with their grand babies so everyone was going to Washington to be with Amy/Mandy.

Mom didn't understand that we just disappeared when going into witness protection and everything got left behind. We managed to get quite a few photo albums and family artwork out but nothing else.

Even though Amy was alive we couldn't contact her before we left to join her. It was too dangerous. She didn't even know we were coming.

The boys could hardly sit still on the plane ride up. It was Christmas Eve but the boys could've cared less about Santa or any presents this year. There was only one thing we all wanted for Christmas and she was only a few hour's drive away from the airport.

The two hour drive put the boys to sleep but the snow that was now falling kept me alert. I drove over the bridge to the island and found Amy's house using the GPS on my phone. I was feeling a million different things when I stepped out of the car and started towards the front door, leaving the kids asleep in the back seat.

I rang the doorbell and Amy opened the door. She didn't faint but she fell to her knees sobbing tears of joy. I picked up my bride and held her in my arms crying tears of my own.

"I'm so sorry, Ricky. I love you. I didn't want to go through Christmas without you and the boys. I don't know if I'd have made it without you. The boys! Where are they!?"

"They're in the car asleep. They've been so excited to see you all the way up here that they wore themselves out. They cried for you every night, Baby. So did I."

That got Amy crying even harder. "I couldn't let anything happen to you or the kids because of me. I had to leave to protect you. You know that don't you?"

"We're a team Ames. We all would have gone with you but I understand why you had to disappear immediately. Thank you for trying to protect us." I said lifting her chin up, looking into her eyes and kissing her.

"I want to see my babies! I've miss them so much." Amy said jumping up and heading out the door.

I can't describe the joy those two boys had when they got to be with their mother. No Christmas gift would ever compare with getting their mom back after they thought she was dead.

Amy and I had pent up desires that we wanted to express as soon as possible but there were two little boys that wouldn't leave their mother's side. They both slept in the bed with us that first night. Tomorrow was Christmas day.

Amy and I got together in the shower the next morning. We'd done that before to get some alone time but this time it held more urgency. It was a 'quicky' but it conveyed our deep feelings for each other. She never felt better in my arms.

We had no gifts for the kids to open but I don't think they cared. Amy sat on the couch with a boy on each side of her reading and playing games with them all day. There wasn't much food in the house but we managed to scrounge up enough items to feed everyone.

The smiles on everyone's faces remained the whole day despite having no gifts, no Christmas feast and no relatives. Everyone agreed that it was the best Christmas we ever had.

Grandma and Grandpa showed up the following day with more gifts than a whole army of boys needed. Not that my two would ever admit that. They played for the next three days nonstop with all their new toys. That gave Amy and I free time to reconnect. Which we did, alot.

Hopenot
Hopenot
267 Followers
12