Disconnection

Story Info
The consequences of a long-term betrayal.
4.1k words
4.02
40.2k
47
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My third attempt at a story. Self-edited, so apologies for any errors. Thank you for the helpful feedback to my earlier attempts - I've tried to avoid making the same errors this time around.

---

Mark and Sandra stepped into the bustling restaurant, their eyes scanning the room expectantly, eager to unite with their families for a long-awaited dinner. As they entered, they spotted Paul and Lucy, Sandra's children, sitting at a quiet and isolated booth with Lizzie, Mark's daughter. Assuming that their partners must have stepped away momentarily or were running late, they approached the table with smiles, unaware of the surprising conversation that awaited them. Mark smoothly slid into the booth, pulling out a chair and settling down, while Sandra followed suit, her gaze briefly scanning the surroundings before joining him. Oblivious to the unusual circumstances, they took their seats, ready to enjoy a joyful evening together, completely unaware of the shocking revelation that was about to unfold.

Mark pulled out a chair and plopped himself down in the booth, greeting the group with a cheerful "Hey kids!". Sandra, glancing around the restaurant, followed suit and pulled out her own chair before asking, "Where are Jim and Sarah?"

Paul chimed in, explaining, "We asked them to give us a bit of time with you two alone." Sandra's smile widened as she responded, "Do one or two of you have some big news? I guess we should be honored you wanted to tell us first."

Lizzie, wearing a serious expression, added, "I think it's more that we wanted to share something that we've learned." Mark, noticing the change in tone, looked concerned and asked, "You're all sounding so serious. What's going on? Is everything alright?" His gaze shifted to his daughter.

Lucy, seemingly unfazed by the seriousness of the conversation, interjected with a random statement, "Pineapple fudge," directing her attention towards Sandra.

Sandra's voice caught in her throat, leaving her momentarily speechless. Her face drained of color, resembling a ghostly sheet as she struggled to process the unfolding conversation. Mark, utterly bewildered by the sudden turn of events, responded with a puzzled expression, his confusion evident in his voice. "Pineapple fudge? What are you talking about?"

Lizzie, seizing the opportunity to shed light on the situation, addressed her father, posing a probing question. "Good question, Dad. Sandra, do you want to tell him?" Lucy, Sandra's daughter, chimed in, adding a touch of sarcasm to her words. "Yes, mother. Do you want to explain to my father what 'pineapple fudge' means?"

Sandra, still grappling with the shock of being confronted with such intimate knowledge, stammered as she attempted to gather her thoughts. "I... Ummm... Wait... How do you... Where did you hear about 'pineapple fudge'?"

Paul, maintaining a composed facade, interjected, shedding light on the truth with a hint of accusation in his tone. "From your diaries, of course. That's where you write it down, right? That's your secret code for 'Today I had sex with a man who is not my husband but is supposed to be his best friend,' isn't it?" His gaze shifted back and forth between his mother and Mark, his eyes reflecting the resentment that his tone of voice hid.

Lucy, sensing the weight of the revelation, expressed a bittersweet sentiment. "I did always wish I had a big sister." As she spoke, she discreetly squeezed Paul's hand, which she had been holding beneath the table. Her gaze shifted to Lizzie, and she added with genuine affection, "And I've known and loved Lizzie my whole life," gently squeezing Lizzie's hand as well.

But then, her tone shifted, brimming with disdain as she directed her attention towards Mark. "But it's still a bit of a shock to hear that we share a biological father, Dad." The weight of her words hung in the air, underscoring the deep sense of betrayal and resentment she felt towards Mark and Sandra, whose actions had shattered the both familys' foundation and trust.

Paul, his voice tinged with a mixture of frustration and disappointment, confronted Mark about the truth that had finally come to light. "Did you really think we would never find out? In a world of DNA testing, genetic diseases, and ancestry exploration, you had to know this would come out eventually."

Mark paused, the weight of Paul's words sinking in, before adopting a defensive tone in response. "Look, guys, we're very sorry you had to find out about this, but this doesn't have to change anything. Lucy, Paul, I'm still the same Uncle Mark you've known all your lives." His attempt to reassure them seemed feeble in the face of the shattered trust.

Continuing his explanation, Mark pleaded, "Jim and Sarah don't need to know about this. It will only hurt them, and it will do them no good." In his earnestness to protect the stability of their lives, Mark failed to acknowledge the profound impact the revelation had already had on their family dynamic.

Jim's voice cut through the tension, surprising Mark and Sandra as they realized their missing partners had approached the table unnoticed. "Bit too late for that, old friend. About 3 months too late," Jim declared, pulling out a chair and taking a seat. The weight of his words hung heavily in the air, emphasizing the depth of the betrayal.

Sarah joined them at the table, her face etched with anger and disappointment. "Besides, Jim found out first and told me before we jointly decided to tell the kids." She took a seat, her movements exuding a sense of controlled rage.

Sarah's voice carried a seething anger as she confronted Sandra directly, her words laced with a cutting edge. "And after the weekend we've had, I really don't think 'no good' is fair." She smirked at Sandra, her expression a mixture of resentment and fury. "Sandra, I can't fathom what was going through that wretched mind of yours. You traded in a Michelin-starred chocolate ganache for a stale, dried-out piece of 'pineapple fudge'? I'm glad the kids insisted on the extra time because I could barely manage the walk here from our hotel room." Her words dripped with a fiery anger as she expressed her sheer disbelief and disappointment at Sandra's actions.

Mark's shock quickly transformed into anger as he processed the truth. His voice trembled with a mixture of disbelief and betrayal. "Wait, you and Jim? You're having an affair?"

Lucy, though angry, couldn't help but let out a bitter giggle at the irony of Mark's reaction. "You're really upset about this? Hypocrite much?" Her words carried a hint of sarcasm, emphasizing the double standard she perceived.

Sandra, slowly regaining her composure, interjected with a composed yet resolute tone. "Wait, hold on. If the two of you have been together, then we're even. You've got your revenge." She met the accusing gazes of her children, partners, and friend. "Now we have to figure out how to move forward and work on rebuilding both our families." There was a glimmer of determination in her eyes as she took on the role of setting the direction for the entire group.

Sandra's voice grew stronger as she continued, her determination guiding her words. "This doesn't have to change anything. Mark and I will end our affair, and you both will stop yours. We can all move past this." Her words held a sense of conviction, as if she were determined to pave the way for healing and rebuilding in the face of the shattered trust.

Jim's eyes flickered with a mixture of shock and intense anger as he listened to Sandra's attempt to level the playing field. His voice dripped with bitterness as he responded, "Well, that's a fair point, my dear. Or it would be if it weren't completely moronic." He paused, his anger simmering beneath the surface.

His words came out in a torrent of hurt and betrayal. "You've been having an affair for 20 years with this sack of shit. You made a baby together and told me it was mine! Sarah and I have been friends, close friends, that whole time, but have never once done anything inappropriate. How the fuck does that make us even?"

Sandra's puzzlement was evident as she responded, "She just said you spent the weekend together."

Sarah's mocking tone cut through the air as she retorted, "We did. And it was magical. Honey, it turns out that at 'our age', not all guys are one-and-done. Not by a long way." She smirked, clearly enjoying the opportunity to taunt her husband.

Lucy playfully chimed in, interjecting with an "Ewwww. Mom! TMI." Had Sandra been in a more stable frame of mind, she would have noticed her daughter had referred to another woman as 'mom', but she didn't pick up the change in the midst of her confusion. She would understand soon enough.

Jim's voice hardened as he continued, his words laced with a hint of triumph. "But you're wrong, Sandy. We never had an affair. Because by the very first time I touched Sarah intimately, we had both already filed formal divorce papers. You too were too busy on your weekend fuck-fest 'business trip' for us to bother serving you, but..." He raised his hand, gesturing toward a man standing by the door, an air of resolution in his voice.

The atmosphere grew tense as an unknown man responded to Jim's gesture and approached the table. He wasted no time in delivering his message, his voice cold and formal. "Sandra Davis, Mark Willis, you've been served." He handed each of them a brown manila envelope, their contents not a mystery. The man then stepped back, pulling out a camera to capture the moment before nodding at Jim and making his exit, leaving the group stunned and bewildered.

Silence enveloped the table as Mark and Sandra exchanged glances, their minds racing to comprehend the sudden turn of events. The weight of those envelopes held the potential to unravel their lives completely, adding another layer of uncertainty to an already tumultuous situation.

Sandra's composure crumbled, her voice trembling with desperation and tears streaming down her face. "I don't want a divorce! This isn't how it's supposed to happen. Mark and I aren't in love - it didn't mean anything. I love you, Jim! I always loved only you." Her words were filled with anguish as she pleaded with her husband, hoping to salvage their shattered relationship.

Turning to her children, Sandra's gaze shifted from Jim to Lucy and Paul, her voice choked with emotion. "Luce, Paulie, tell him! Tell your father that this doesn't have to destroy your family." Her pleas were directed at her children, hoping they could bridge the gap between their broken parents.

Mark, seated silently, appeared completely shattered, his face reflecting the immense pain he carried. He seemed lost, unable to find the right words to express the depths of his remorse and regret.

In a silent act of solidarity and support, Jim, Sarah, Paul, Lucy, and Lizzie all placed their hands on the table, interlocking their fingers. Their united display showed their commitment to one another, acknowledging the challenge that lay ahead and providing each other with the strength and support needed to face the future.

Jim's stern voice cut through the room, commanding attention and signaling that it was time for Sandra to listen. The weight of the decision made by the five of them was made clear. "Sandy, I think it's time for you to shut up and listen. The five of us have been discussing how to proceed for a month. Our ducks are all lined up, and as far as I'm concerned, none of this is up for negotiation."

Lizzie, her tone resolute, interjected, confirming the unity of their decision. "We've all thought about this long and hard individually, and then leaned on each other to decide how to proceed. On this, we are unanimous." She glanced at Paul and Lucy, acknowledging their collective efforts. "I will just add that the three of us came up with this, and your spouses tried to dissuade us initially."

Paul, speaking with a sense of maturity and determination, emphasized the gravity of the situation. "My baby sister may be the youngest one at the table, but she's an adult now and has a wise head on her shoulders. She's also the most directly affected by this, so she's asked that she be the one to tell you how things are going to be moving forward."

Lucy, sniffling but gathering her strength, delivered her words with a mix of pain and resolution. "In short, they are not." She turned to Mark, her voice firm and final. "Mark, you may have provided the sperm, but you have never been, and will never be, my Dad." Her gaze returned to Sandra, her expression hardened. "Sandra, you have been my mother my whole life. Not as good a mother as Dad has been a father, but my mother nonetheless. Well, that ends tonight. From this point forward, you and I have no relationship. I don't want to speak to you, read a message from you, or have any contact whatsoever. This may change in the future, but I wouldn't bet on it. If it does, it will be my decision. I'm sure you won't acquiesce, but my wish is that neither of you ever contact me ever again. I can assure you that I will not respond."

Paul, gazing at his shattered and almost catatonic mother, echoed Lucy's sentiment. "The same applies to me."

Lizzie, determined and resolute, added her voice to the decision. "And me too."

Sarah, speaking with a sense of finality, addressed the practical aspect of their decision. "Jim and I share a lawyer, whose details are in those envelopes in your hand. For us, all contact should now be through them."

The table fell into an uneasy silence as the weight of their words settled in. The path forward had been laid out, and the ramifications of their choices would undoubtedly reshape their lives.

Jim, after a significant pause, allowed the weight of the silence to sink in, giving Sandra and Mark a moment to process the gravity of what had been revealed. Breaking the silence, he addressed the next matter.

"All eight grandparents have been informed about this earlier today," Jim stated, his tone serious. He turned his gaze towards Sandra. "Your parents," he nodded, "and yours," indicating Mark, "have done nothing wrong, and we don't want to write them out of their grandchildren's lives." There was a sense of caring and consideration in his words, as he had always respected and loved his in-laws.

Jim's voice carried a firmness as he continued, emphasizing the conditions attached. "However, their continued involvement is contingent upon their acceptance of this situation. They will not pass any messages from you to the kids, nor will they provide you with updates on any aspect of our lives." He made it clear that the boundaries set for Sandra and Mark extended to their parents as well. "While they may choose to maintain a relationship with you, it cannot in any way interfere or influence our family dynamics."

"Mark, your Mom and Dad are keen to get to know their 'new' granddaughter better, and we'll definitely be supportive of Lucy getting to know them. It won't be a surprise, given how great they are, that as far as my parents are concerned this changes nothing. They love Lucy more than the world, and nothing will ever change that."

The once-unified family structures had been forever altered, and the boundaries established would reshape the relationships not only between Sandra, Mark, and their children but also between their parents and the grandchildren.

Sarah's voice carried a simmering anger as she responded to the situation at hand. "We aren't moving. This isn't New York or L.A. We may come across each other at a restaurant or on the street." Her tone was filled with a sense of warning and a clear boundary.

With palpable restraint, Sarah continued, her voice laced with frustration. "I'd strongly urge you both to pretend you don't know me. It has taken all my self-control not to smack you both silly here tonight." The depth of her anger was evident, and it was clear that maintaining composure in future encounters (or even in this one should it continue much longer) might prove to be a challenge.

Lizzie's voice then took on a more positive, albeit forced, tone as she continued. "But in one sense, Sandra, you were right." Her words hung in the air, capturing the attention of everyone at the table. A noticeable shift occurred as Lizzie addressed 'Aunt' Sandra, dropping the familiar term of endearment and referring to her simply as "Sandra." It was a subtle yet significant indication of the strained relationship between them.

She paused briefly before delivering the unexpected news, her tone still laced with a mixture of emotions. "There is good news to share. Two bits of good news, actually. Paul and I are getting married. And it will be soon because, in about 7 months, we're going to be joined by your first grandchild."

For a fleeting moment, Sandra's eyes sparkled with a glimmer of joy upon hearing the news, but the weight of the previous discussion quickly dampened her excitement. Similarly, Mark's hopeful expression faltered as he realized the complex implications of the situation.

Paul, bypassing any facade of positivity, spoke bluntly, his voice filled with a mix of frustration and determination. "The two of us talked and talked about how your betrayal affected our relationship. It is fucking weird that we now realize we share a half-sister. But at the end of the day, you've always told us we've been inseparable since the first day we met at playgroup." His words held a hint of bitterness but also a resolute refusal to let their parents' actions destroy the bond they shared. "While that will always be stained by the fact that it was also where you both first met, there's no reason to allow your appalling behavior to wreck our connection."

Lizzie's voice held a mix of vulnerability and determination as she addressed the unexpected news of her impending motherhood. "The baby was unexpected, and it's sooner than we had originally planned. But we have always wanted to have a family." Her words carried a sense of sincerity, reflecting the underlying desire for stability and love amidst the chaos.

She continued, her voice gaining strength. "Our parents, the two that remain, are very supportive of our decision to start our family now." Lizzie emphasized the support they had received from Jim and Sarah, who stood by them in this pivotal moment. Their parents' unwavering support provided a glimmer of hope amid the turmoil, a reminder that there were still foundations of love and care that could be relied upon.

Paul's words were filled with a resolute determination as he continued to address the consequences of his parents' actions. His voice carried a mix of sadness and conviction.

"But regardless of what you may believe about how things will change in the future, know this," Paul asserted, his tone unwavering. "You will not be present at our wedding. You will not be present for the birth of your first grandchild, or any that follow. You will not spoil them, play with them, or babysit them to give us a night off." His words painted a picture of the boundaries and limitations that were now firmly in place.

He glanced towards Sarah, a mix of emotions on his face, before continuing, "You won't get photos of them, hear their first words, or catch them when they fall." The weight of these words was palpable, illustrating the profound loss that would be experienced by both parties.

Paul's tone shifted slightly as he addressed Mark directly. "They will not share your names." There was a firmness in his voice, an acknowledgement of the consequences of Mark's actions.

He looked towards Jim, a glimmer of appreciation and respect in his eyes. "Mom," he addressed Sarah, trying on the new way of referring to her for the first time. The subtle change in address carried a depth of meaning, signaling a shift in their relationship.

Paul's voice softened as he acknowledged the burden that would now fall on Jim and Sarah. "Mom and Dad will have to cover the burden of being the sole grandparents." Despite the gravity of the conversation, Sarah couldn't help but smile at the thought of becoming a grandparent, and by Paul calling her "Mom."

12