Discoveries of a Young Man Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Antarctica77
Antarctica77
1,113 Followers

"Calm down," Hope almost yelled as I stormed into the waiting room on the 3rd floor. I had ran the three floors. Hope was out of it, but when she saw me she understood what was about to happen.

"She okay?" I asked, trying to look past Hope who had put a hand on my chest to stop me. She realized fast that she needed both arms.

"Jesus Christ! It's nothing serious. Mom will be out today, only sprained ankles. You'll be good to no one locked up so, uh, calm the fuck down. Don't be stupid!" Hope said, shoving me back with a final push with surprising strength. I more or less let myself get pushed into a chair.

I started to calm down. I had to.

I could not behave like this. It was not right for me to be this angry. It was like something brewing inside me had finally been let loose. But for the sake of Mel, Hope and Maia when she showed up, I couldn't act like this. I started to feel sick to my stomach, horrible, for behaving like this in front of Hope.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Hope," I said, voice somewhat shaky from the adrenaline. I buried my face in my hands, utterly embarrassed.

"It's okay. Just don't... do anything stupid, stupid," Hope said, sitting down next to me.

"I guess it's a man thing," Hope quipped and gave me a pat on my back, rubbing slightly. We exchanged smiles. I started to feel much better.

I got up again, which made Hope worried, but she was calmed as I only started to pace back and forth. I just needed to walk it off a bit. I was pissed, still. I started to dig the anger deep within me with a series of 10 counts and pacing back and forth.

"It's not serious. Mom is only bruised up," Hope said again. "You should be able to see her in a bit. Just don't act like a fucking douchebag... You're better than that... Dad... David got off easy, I feel bad for the other guy though."

It almost seemed to me that Hope seemed to almost renounce her dad, how she now called him by name instead of his 'title'.

"What happened?" I said, turning concerned.

"He got banged up pretty good. Broke his wrist, some ribs, bruised and cut. I think he might press charges," Hope said, staring blankly into the air.

After a few minutes of waiting and more pacing, a nurse came walking with Mel in a wheelchair. I was a bit perplexed by it, but I knew it was normal. Mel had a few bruises and ankle seemed banged up a bit, but she seemed to be in a good mood when she saw Hope and I waiting for her.

"Hope! Bran!" Mel beamed with a small wave. Maybe the painkillers made her this cheery? Or she might genuinely be happy to see that we were here for her.

"Where's Maia?"

"She's on her way," Hope said.

The nurse went to fetch a clipboard, which seemed to be indicating that Mel was signing herself out right away.

"And David?" Mel asked.

"Dunno. I think he ran for the hills. I hope he stays there," Hope said, her voice filled with contempt.

On our way out Mel started to explain what had happened. The reason she once again picked up David, was because she had booked an appointment with a divorce lawyer. With David driving, he had not anticipated this, and lost focus, and slammed the gas and drove into another car. David had fled the scene, being drunk again and out on bail.

"Wait, hold up... You're leaving dad... I mean David?" Hope asked. It was hard to gauge her reaction. She seemed to be in disbelief.

Mel merely nodded.

"Finally! Took you long enough!"

*

Author's note: Thanks again for reading. This was kind of an interlude between events, but trust me, more is to come.

Remember to vote, favorite and comment what you think.