All Comments on 'Divide and Conquer'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 449 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wonderful. If I found more than 5 degrees I would vote 10

shopratshopratabout 2 months ago

I don't get that people don't understand this. It was a total burn, and a complete surprise at that. Very nice job! A downer of a story, because she threw away his love. I was thinking it would be a reconciliation right up until their final conversation. Nicely done!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Generally, I enjoy the author's stories. This one left me scratching my head?

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos2 months ago

I get what you were going for and I generally really liked the story, but I still felt a bit ambivalent about his "revenge". I mean, he DID smack her at an emotionally vulnerable time and rubbed her nose in it, so that much seems like it went off without a hitch, but as others pointed out - the "end" of the affair between Mark and Ann seemed far from conclusive. If there had been more acrimony, then I think it would have been perfect.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

To all the smooth brains who wonder WHY OP did this, go read the last three paragraphs again. Sheesh... reading comprehension, ya know?

Cheers, Muggly

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Except the very next day she was back with Mark and after both their divorces they moved in together, married 6 months after the divorce was finalised and pregnant with twins (a LW favorite) 6 months after that.

While she may have regretted how it ended with Mack, being a pragmatist she was happy to move on to Mark and the man sized cock he wielded.

Poor old Mack spent his days playing golf like a true cuckold, and rueing the day he stopped being able to satisfy his now ex-wife.

/

Such a stupid end. For this to have worked the affair would have had to completely cool down, and even then there's no way of stopping it from igniting again, especially if all impediments were removed.

silverthorne16silverthorne164 months ago

Why go to all the trouble of the "divide and conquer" if he was going to divorce her anyway? Seems like a big waste of time. Seems like sending the evidence to family (and possibly friends) would have been more than enough humiliation and pain for her.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

If he had treated the slut and the other man to the punishments of Poe, THEN, it would’ve been a truly great story!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If he planned to divorce her, the past few weeks were unnecessary. Just show her the photos and file. Four stars.

JPB

Karn9Karn95 months ago

Excellent story, well played out! 5*

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Worked well, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

When some cheats with importunity all they think of is themselves, so unless they are checking the reaction of others carefully, they make mistakes. As those mistakes increase the more they are likely to be found out. One of the common ones is when they do sexual things the spouse or partner has never done or has been refused to be done, how they dress, or a good one is how their persona changes. The down side is when the spouse trusts the other one, being blindsided, is a heinous and selfish act.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The BTB crowd is like a pack of hyenas. They were ready to eviscerate the writer over an impending RAAC. With the plot twist, the charging pack was stopped cold. They got their fix, their sop, their dose of hate. It must be sad to focus on characters in an amateur story and invest so much anger in the fictional outcome of a made-up story. Then, if it's not to their liking, they turn on the author who gave them a FREE story! How messed up is that?

Medussa55Medussa556 months ago

My God she is so dumb! Any idiot could work out somebody was interferring in the affair and the change in behaviour of her husband should have told her who. She got what she deserved just for being so stupid.

JRandyJJRandyJ6 months ago

I was ready to give negative stars for this one. Who would fight to keep that cheating bitch. Breaking the cheaters up and send proof to all parties, then divorce the Bitch. Fantastic 5*

Get R Done.

Sexty04131Sexty041316 months ago

Loved it! Showed her what she threw away and then pulled the rug out from under her! Once a cheater always a cheater!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

i didn't see that coming . he didn't ask her why though ?? i would at least have wanted to know that much .

J6480J64807 months ago

Ignore all anondicks, the tale was well conceived and had the essential unexpected twist. Well done

mndhanson017mndhanson0177 months ago

Typical of these two anons, they're the true losers, when did it ever say he put minimal effort into the marriage because clearly the other guy wasn't putting effort into his either, he's also a fake, you whine about a sense of ego and ownership, if the roles were reversed, for example, with Mark and Bobbi, you're not saying those same words, double standards, shut up with your hypocrisy, like I said all or at least most anons just whine and hide, you're probably cucks and don't have the guts nor balls to stand up to your SOs, maybe you should do that before they take away your internet privileges.

ForensicFossilForensicFossil8 months ago

Another author on this site used this Poe quote as a coda too. What made that one strange is that the cuckolded husband commits suicide. As I said in a comment on that story "suicide as impunity? Methinks not."

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

If this had ended in reconciliation, I'd have been fine with it, but as it is, I'm actually quite dissatisfied with the ending.

The husband looks to have been one of those put-minimal-effort into the marriage husbands before he discovered the infidelity. Then suddenly, he puts in all the effort he should have been putting in all the time from the beginning, only to hurt her. What a loser.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

So he was reading Poe, that's kind of special, especially for a golfer.

All that effort for so little gain. She wasn't giving up the guy that was making the effort, he was just fake, she was giving up the guy that was a lazy boring golf playing cuck of the weeks, months, years before that drove her to having an affair.

I'm sure cuckboy will be able to use Poe and golf to get over being newly single.

Honestly though, the writing was good, the story and plot well done, just let down by the petty ending. Petty because like many of these LW stories the husband's conception of love is so limited and shallow, tied as it generally is to ego and a sense of ownership.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy598 months ago

Well crafted and executed. Believable.

Darkie10Darkie108 months ago

Thankfully he don’t rollover belly up for her.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

5 stars This was and excellent story.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine9 months ago

Good story. One hole in the plot I think. He swapped batteries in her cell phone with a dead battery so she’d have to use the landline. However, unless that battery in her phone was totally unchargeable, she would have charged it and in a few hour could have received his phone calls.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

Read before. Great ending.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very good ending, the bitch got what she deserved.

5/5stars

jopstorm1945

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown10 months ago

Awwwww

Ic69hunter's little cocktail weenie just deflated at the end of the story....🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The bitch deserved what came to her

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Was concerned that you were going to end with a reconciliation.

lc69hunterlc69hunter11 months ago

Fucking asshole husband

oldtwitoldtwit11 months ago

MMMMMM Just that bit different from the normal, nice paced good ideas for a payback

MarkT63MarkT6312 months ago

Loved the ending!!!

MorovarMorovar12 months ago

Awesome ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wondered through the whole first part why he would go to the effort to try to win the whore back. Excellent ending explains it all.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

great ending

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stubbyones comment sounds just like what a cuck would say. LM

Cracker270Cracker270about 1 year ago

Second reading I too had forgotten the MC divorced the wife. A well written story. I would not want to share a campfire with any of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Stubbyone below is very disappointed the husband didn’t gladly eat the creampies the wife was offering. Can’t the cucks around here catch a fatal STD from all the creampies they love to swallow? R. H.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"....for the love of God, Montresor...", good literary references are worth their weight, are they not?

A well read reader

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Outstanding! Well played! I, along with many others I'm sure, was afraid he was going to accept her back unconditionally. He would have forever been a cuck in his mind, Ann's mind, and especially Mark's mind. Again, job well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of this writer's best.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

2nd read. I’d forgotten that he burned her at the end. Even though the writing was good, I hated that there was no forgiveness in his heart. Would rather have it end with reconciliation as it appeared he initially wanted. Just my preference. Gave it a 3 on the 1st read and a 2 this time. People make mistakes. Nobody goes to those lengths to end up dumping her anyway.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

Love it...let the skank fall back in love with you then yank the rug out from under her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Don't stop reading too soon. Things aren't as they seem!

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

This story is jerk off fantasy for eer bellied, lazy, sexually lethargic, sexually unimaginative, and sexually lazy men who live inside delusion believing their wives had it good.

They are pathetic in every way and permeate this site both as writers and commenters

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

Love it! The MC must be part Klingon and follows the old Klingon proverb "Revenge is a dish best served cold”. 5 star story for me!

waltdeewaltdeeabout 1 year ago

I feel a little like the victim of a bait-and-switch with that ending, but the whole thing was written very well. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Spectacular story. Great lead up to make her understand what she had given up, and to destroy boyfriends marriage as well as to diminish her in her sister's eyes. You weave such a wonderful tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid pathetic cuck just wasted resources on the skank after knowing about her affair!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh, well done! I originally, as you had hoped, that the husband was a total submissive guy. Ah, but you fooled me and it was a “shame on her” with your ending. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It looked like a RAAC story right up until the end. I am glad to see that he was smart enough to divorce the whore, but I would have liked a little BTB to help smooth over the pain her infidelity caused.

gasperguy69gasperguy69over 1 year ago

He wasted a lot of time and energy for nothing. But then there wouldn't have been a story, would there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The passive aggressive B.S. spewed on this site makes me sick. With 99% of all the writers pushing constant man-hate. For God's sake grow a pair and write a realistic Male lead, and quit being such cowards make the cheating wife's pay, instead of getting away without any consequences this site's worst BTB stories are 50/50 divorces with their ex's simply refusing to take them back, with zero consequences it's beyond sickening and is blatantly misandry-(hatred of men).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good revenge plot. Like his mini interventions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story surprise ending

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Having sex with a wife you know is cheating not just no but hell no😵😵😵

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative BTB.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Now that was an intelligent BTB l absolutely love the different approach.

The ending was just soooo good.

Scores 5/5

fritz51fritz51over 1 year ago

First, this is fiction and well written to entertain, which it did for me. Four stars. Of course, while I’m reading I kept thinking: why in the hell is this guy fucking around with her? Surely he is going to divorce her, so I get that he wants to accumulate evidence but the foot rubs & favorite dinners? Screw her and her dead beat lover, gain the upper hand and drop the bomb… but then I realize and remind myself, again, that’s it’s not about what a real guy would do, but instead about what a character in a story on an erotic literature site decides to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He’s not winning anything if he’s divorcing her anyway an if my bf of 20 years started treating me loads better etc I’d have my own questions as to y now an never before she’s dumb an deserved the divorce but tbh she’s not lost anything anyway he’s a fake an so is their whole relationship

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not bad.

Divide.

Conquer.

Nuke.

Leave nothing unscorched.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Only a Philistine would highlight and Edgar Allan Poe book.

Apart from that a nice 5 star,

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Second time through. I think the way he turned the situation around makes it a good story. I was happy that Mack follow through with the divorce and his revenge was perfect. he involved her sister to mitigate his in laws sting and gained allies with them recriminating Ann the cheating slut. Maybe if she would have ended the affair sooner after his good behavior and love making, I would have support him keeping her. "winning her back' evolved into making her look bad before her family. and sad her skunky ass lost a great guy.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

Sorry, I just can't buy the "winning her back" BS. The line about showing her what she'd be missing is false, because what he was doing wasn't what their marriage had been like before.

\

The twist did save it SOMEWHAT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Btw do couples who are best friends and each married for more than 18 years suddenly have affairs? Really?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I disagree with some of the critics below. I don't think she would get back together with Mark. For Mark it was about sex. Maybe for her it was more with intimacy. But neither wanted to lose their spouse. They said that to one another in email. Now they have and guilt will destroy their own relationship. I think the wife especially is truly messed up now that she sees how her husband treated her but then stabbed her in the back. I don't condone it. I think it was petty. But then so was her tawdry affair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When you fuck a partner when you know that they are cheating, you are condoning the cheating. You can't then get divorced for adultery.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

Anon, you should have finished the story. Then you’d have the answer to your question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I quit half way thru the first page. Why the hell would he want to win her back?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

🍋

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written.Good story line.I almost quit on this story at the beginning when l thought wrongly he was going to forgive her.He did all things right in the end including letting Marks wife know about Mark. Unfortunately In real life with his actions, the only thing he really ended up doing was promoting two divorces and opening the door for the two adulterers to set up house together, especially with her knowing her husband only did all that to create the break up. She would quickly have made up with Mark. So much for the revenge.He failed with that. ...entertaining tale 5 stars....JZK

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Understand

Understand him divorcing her,but all that will do is drive her into Mark's arms despite all the efforts to keep them apart.

genelookalike1genelookalike1almost 2 years ago

Very well played! At first, I was almost sickened by the thought of the husband simply taking his wife back, with no indication that he'd ever tell her that he'd known all along what she'd done behind his back. Great surprise ending!

GuSannGuSannalmost 2 years ago

Okay, I almost dropped at the begining, when he accepted her cheating... But I continue reading nonetheless, and then I got a big surprise! The end was epic! That's what a man who knows the worth of self love do!

Diecast1Diecast1almost 2 years ago

I like the story a lot. AAAA++++

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

nixrox is delusional. He actually thinks every woman is a virgin when they marry? The same issues he mentioned are possible, the wedding doesn't erase that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WOW - clever story, and it illustrates the genius of the author.

Nearly 400 responses!

I am amazed at all the would be (but can't do it) authors who had "better" stories and cut the author down.

Most of the critics are typical low IQ people with limited understanding of life. Anyone who does not see it their way must be sick. "No man alive that has any balls..." That insulted me as a reader, but then I just considered the commentator must have been looking in a mirror and noticed part of their anatomy is missing.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved the deception to the finale.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

ANY story with an Edgar Allan Poe mention/quote is awesome by default!

10/10!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When a man gets tipped off in this way and then allows the afdair to continue as this guy did, the guy is an absoluts pussy at heart. No man alive that has any balls would sit still and allow his wife to continue to fuck him over like this. The end result was to kill their relationship. So to start with, go home get her emails and print them off, then take her by the hand to mark and bobbies home and show bobbie what his wife and mark have bern doing. Same end results with less cheating, and mark gets his ass handed to him by his wife. Then divorce the stupid cunt. Women are nothing more than a life support system for their cunts. Sorry assed story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this tale but your commenters, wow. You write fiction but this lot are living it!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Like the setup and really liked the plotting to divide the cheaters. Still no insight as to why she cheated. Also, the divide part left me to believe that he really didn't love her any more than she loved him. I guess that was a subtle part of the story line that ultimately gave the divorce serving a bigger bang at the end. BTRH...

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

4 stars and only because he divorced the crazy, skanky, slut.

However, I'll never understand how any normal hetro husband could possibly make love to his wife, or even kiss her AFTER he has positive proof she is fucking someone else. Not only the loss of my most important lover, best friend, mother of my children, BUT the ever present fear of STD's would definitely kill any feelings or love for the stupid bitch. I just would not want to touch, or have anything to do, or say to her forever.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

So, no she can marry Mark as they both will be divorced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was worried that he was going to be a cuck wimp.

Surprise ending was satisfying.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah... I didn’t see that coming. But at the end of the day, I am sure she can “ repair” her relationship with “ boy toy”. The way hubby ended things, will cause her to rationalize he never really loved her, and it was all an act, to get back at her for the cheating.

I was thinking as he massaged her feet, wined and dined her, etc, that real life gets in the way of fairy tales. When you are married, you understand that. It does not mean you need to ignore your relationship, and certainly both partners need to try to make special time for each other. But if you have to treat her like a Narcissist princess, it’s time to let go of the relationship. If hubby had tried everything, then let them get together at the lake cottage, his exiting of the relationship would have made sense, and had a more profound impact. It would have looked like he tried, but realized she wouldn’t give up, and it was time for a divorce. But in reality, she will only mourn the loss of her marriage, if she is unable to replace him. Being a good looking, real estate agent, I am pretty sure she closed some deals “ in the back room”. I am sure, she won’t be lonely....

4 stars- Because it never would have went down, this way....

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

good planning a serving of papers, well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Naw, A duck is a duck no matter if has hair on it's muff.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

You did a good job of hiding the twist and the ending. Very interesting to see what each went through

xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

One thing that's frustrating with this story was the lack of nuance for all of this authors completely overblown, overly melodramatic, and simply over contrived narratives, this story deserved more time to develop and a genuine ending, not the abrupt halt we eventually saw an unfortunate waste of a good premise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BTB ! 1 star. If 0 was allowed, I'd have given that.

Yet another cold robot at work, zero feelings towards his wife, glorying in what he thinks is true manhood.

usaretusaretover 2 years ago

I felt throughout the story he (%and you) had not revealed his real plans. But there, for a while, I started to believe he was a wuss. Well done.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGover 2 years ago

Nicely written..excellent story... she got what she deserved... maybe not even enough...maybe she's lucky... some husband's would have had a bullet put thru her head

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

Real enough. He wanted her to feel his pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written and quite clever but his revenge was a bit childish and unnecessarily convoluted. Divorce her or win her back. Doing both is the festering of a sick mind and exactly the kind of insanity that appealed to Mr Poe.

LA

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous