DJ Pt. 37

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers

"Steve," Joe said, tears escaping his eyes, "I would rather still have my Mom than to have what she might have left behind."

"For an old lady," Steve explained, "your Mom was anything but senile. I think someone gave her a lot of good advice, judging from her assets. Her late husband, Victor, left her quite well endowed. She was not hurting, financially. She was receiving only about $1100 a month from social security, but another $1900 a month from Victors retirement. Of course those will both cease, since she has passed."

"I've contacted her bank, and they have frozen her checking account, until settlement of her estate. No one has access to her account yet, but it has a balance of nearly $5000. She has some annuities that may still deposit into her account for a while. The bank has helped me, once I faxed them her death certificate, they are forwarding the information to Social Security and to the retirement fund."

"Joe," Steve continued, "your mother had more accounts, than Carter has liver pills! She also had set up an educational trust fund. Settling her estate will be a long and complicated process, and you're named the executor of her estate, I hope you're prepared for lots of work!"

"Steve, have you figured out what kind of insurance coverage she might have had?" Joe asked.

"She covered herself pretty well," Steve responded, "she had a final expense policy, that should cover the funeral home and burial costs, up to $8000. Have you got the bill from Lynches?"

"Not yet," Joe replied.

"When you get it, drop it off, and I will file the claim, along with a copy of her DC. They should pay Lynches, directly. She had a $5,000 life policy that has you and Julia as equal primary beneficiaries. Once we file that claim, along with a copy of the DC, you and Julia should receive checks for $2500 each from her life insurance policy."

"She had Medicare, of course, "Steve continued, "and a decent supplemental health policy. The supplemental should cover most of what Medicare doesn't cover, but you probably will still get some bills from the Hospital and doctors that treated her, that neither of them covered. That's about it on insurance."

"What is this trust fund you mentioned a few minutes ago?" Joe asked.

"Your Mom was big on Trust Funds, Joe, she actually has set up four Trust Funds. The Educational Trust Fund, currently has $75,000 in it, and can only be used by any of her grandson's for higher education. The fund will only distribute funds to a higher education entity, such as a college or university, and would be in the student's name."

"That fund will only be active for ten years, but it is an interest bearing account, so the money currently in that account is earning interest, which will help maintain, and may even grow the account. If there is still money in that account after the ten years, it will be equally dispersed between the three boys."

"She also has set up three more interest bearing Trust Funds of $25,000 each, one for each of her three grandsons. She was smart enough to put a catch on them, they can't touch that money until they're at least 25 years old! With interest accumulating, by the time any of them are 25, there will be somewhat more than $25,000 in each of them."

"Just curious, Steve," Joe ventured, "what would you estimate Mom's net worth might be?"

"A little over $200,000, "Steve answered.

"Whew!" Joe exclaimed, "I'm glad Julia didn't hear that, she'd be on the next plane east to come and contest this. I had no idea she was worth that much."

"If everything had been cashed out and sold, and the proceeds split between you and Julia, you'd have a fortune to pay in inheritance tax!" Steve said, "However, setting up these accounts the way she did, you've escaped the inheritance tax."

"I'm really pleased," Joe said, "that Mom had the foresight to direct most of the money toward the grandsons, and their education. I'm sure they will need that money a lot more than Julia and I do."

"I met Damion and Brandon at your Mom's funeral, they seem like right nice young men," Steve said, "I'll bet they were anxious to get back home though."

"On the contrary," I said, "they didn't want to go back, and they're even considering moving here. They bonded very quickly with DJ and Jamie, the four of them were like magnets around each other. They spent all day Saturday together, and had a blast." Steve smiled.

"Steve, thank you so much, at least now we know now what we've got before us," Joe said, "and we'll try to get those bills to you tomorrow."

"OK guys," Steve said, "I'll see you soon."

"Joe," I said, on the way home, "if Damion and Brandon are serious about moving here, that trust fund could pay Brandon's tuition for his next year of college here, and DJ's too."

"When Jamie and DJ graduate from Community College, they will be Pharmacy Technicians." Joe said, "DJ has expressed an interest in going on to become a full Pharmacist. There is adequate money in that fund to support DJ all the way through university, and get his bachelors degree."

Joe and I went home and did some domestic duties, Joe vacuumed the whole house and I did four loads of laundry. The boys would be at the Seldon's tonight and tomorrow night, as they have classes Thursday and Friday mornings. They should be back home with us on Friday and Saturday night.

* * * * * *

Friday afternoon the bus dropped Fernando off at the shopping center and he carried his backpack into the pizzeria and dropped his backpack behind the counter.

"Dad," Fernando said, "I need to go to the jewelry store and pick up Danny's gift, and probably to the drugstore for a card."

"Okay, Son," Antonio replied, smiling.

After picking up the bracelet from the jewelry, Fernie headed to the drugstore for some wrapping paper and a card. DJ had just started his shift, and greeted Fernando when he came in. Fernando spent about half an hour looking through the birthday cards, finally selecting one that said 'Happy Birthday to Someone Special' then, selected some wrapping paper went to DJ's terminal to pay.

"Whatcha got in the bag, Fernie?" DJ asked, noting that it was from the jewelry store.

"My friend, Danny, turns 17 tomorrow, it's a gift for him," Fernie said.

"Can I see it?" DJ asked. Fernie pulled the little box from the bag, opened it and handed it to DJ. DJ looked at it, flipping it to read the backside, and displayed that infectious smile. "Fernie, it's beautiful, if my friend gave that to me, I would cherish it forever."

"Danny's family are taking Danny to Olive Garden tomorrow night, to celebrate his birthday, and they've asked me to go with them, and help him celebrate," Fernie said, excitedly, "I can hardly wait, I like Danny so much!" DJ cashed Fernie out, $4.43, and Fernie paid cash.

"Fernie, have fun tomorrow night," DJ said, wrapping an arm around Fernando's shoulders and squeezing him. Fernando grinned, he thrives on affection, and it was something he'd rarely received when he lived at his Papa's house.

By the time Fernando returned to the pizzeria, Jamie had clocked in and the Friday night business was starting to pick up. Jamie, Antonio and Maria all looked at the gift and all agreed that is was very nice.

"Mom," Fernando asked, "would you help me to wrap Danny's gift?"

"Honey," Maria replied, "it's Friday night, and we're starting to get busy. Why don't you put it on the desk in the office, so it won't get misplaced, and I'll be happy to do it tomorrow."

Fernando placed the gift, and the card and wrapping paper in the office. He then returned out front and spent Friday night balancing between carryout orders, cashing out customers, and assisting the servers. He even served a few tables on his own.

Saturday morning, Maria prepared them all breakfast and Maria, Antonio and Fernando ate together. Before they left for the pizzeria, Fernie put some 'dressier' clothes on a hanger to take with them, so that he could change before the White's picked him up that evening. While it was slow in the afternoon, Maria and Fernando wrapped the package, and Fernie signed the card, placing it, along with the package, into the bag from the jewelers, and stashed it back into the office.

Sometime Saturday, Josh White went to the bakery at the supermarket and had a chocolate sheet cake decorated, and then drove to Olive Garden. He reserved a table for 7:30 PM, for a party of five for a Birthday Celebration, and left the cake with them. They put a sticky note on the plastic cake cover, 'Danny White, 17, 7:30 Reserv' and took it to the walk-in cooler.

About 6:30 PM, Fernie excused himself, and disappeared into the office to change. He returned a few minutes later looking exceptionally handsome. Maria and Antonio have a mountain of love for their (foster) son, and he would likely be handsome in their eyes if he were butt naked, although neither of them has ever seen Fernie that way. Fernie sat on the bench, where people sit while waiting for carryout orders, awaiting the arrival of the Whites.

Josh White, slipping in, unseen by Fernando, and approaching Antonio, "Is your young man ready to go?"

Antonio, chuckling, "He's been ready," and pointed to Fernie, now leaping to his feet.

"We should have Fernando back here by ten at the latest," Josh told Antonio, then, placing his hand on Fernando's shoulder guided him toward the door.

"Wait!" Fernie exclaimed, "I forgot something, I'll be right back." Fernando ran back to the office and grabbed that most important little bag and returned, and followed Josh out the door.

"What you got there?" Josh asked.

"Just a little something I picked up for Danny," Fernie answered.

When they arrived at Josh's car, Danny exited the back seat, and pushed Fernando into the center, between Erica and himself. There was little conversation while Josh drove them all to Olive Garden. Danny held Fernando's hand most of the way, and Fernando and Danny shared frequent smiles between each other.

When they were shown to their table, Danny and Fernie sat together on one side, Erica and Samantha on the other side, and Josh at the end, next to Sam and Fernando. Fernie quietly placed the bag next to his chair. They ordered drinks, and Josh ordered an appetizer for the table. Then came the famous Olive Garden bottomless salad and unlimited breadsticks.

Finally their entrée's were served and they all enjoyed their dinners together. The server cleaned up their dishes, and a few minutes later the server, and all the other servers, brought in the cake, with 17 flaming candles, and singing 'Happy Birthday Danny' and set the cake in front of a 'pink faced' Danny.

As per tradition, Danny took a deep breath and blew out all but one of the candles, Fernando assisted, and blew out the last one for him.

"You cheated!" Erica exclaimed, "You had help!" The whole table laughed. The servers set a pile of small plates on the table and one of them pulled all the half-burned candles out of the cake and handed Danny a knife. The cake had a big 17TH in the center with 'Happy' written on top and 'Danny!' written below the number.

Danny cut the cake and placed pieces of it on the small plates and passed them around the table.

"Danny," Josh stated, "we have some gifts for you, back at the house, you can unwrap them when we get home. I think Fernando has something he wants to give you now."

Fernando reached down beside his chair and retrieved the small bag, then pulled out the card and handed it to Danny. Danny opened it, read it, and a smile covered his face.

"That's a lovely card, Fernie," Danny said, "thank you so much." Fernando reached back into the bag and grabbed the little package and handed it to Danny. Danny unwrapped the little package, and slowly opened the case. Danny's eyes fell on the bracelet, and the engraving, 'Always Friends,' and tears started to fall from his eyes.

Danny, losing control, turning in his seat, and wrapping his arms around Fernie, "It's beautiful, Fernie! And it's so us. I'll treasure it forever." Danny planted his lips on Fernando's and kissed him fervently. A few other diners were watching, and some of them had smirks or amused grins on their faces, and Josh felt his face turning red, embarrassed at his son's PDA. He was thankful that he didn't know any of them.

Erica reached across the table and picked up the bracelet, examining it. She turned it over and read the engraving on the back, 'FG & DW' with today's date, and smiled, then handed it to Sam, and she then passed it to Josh, and finally it rested back in front of Danny. Danny picked it up, and removed the bracelet from the case. First he kissed it, then held it to his breast, and finally placed it on his wrist, where it belongs. As a rule, Danny is not one to flaunt his sexuality, but neither is he ashamed of it. It is what it is.

Josh paid for their dinner with his debit card, adding a decent tip.

"Are you all about ready to get out of here?" Josh asked.

Danny's Mom picked up the rest of the cake, and they made their way to the car. It was about a Twenty-minute trip back to the pizzeria. Josh opened the trunk and Sam carefully set the cake down in it. They all sat in the car the same as when they came, Fernando in the center, Erica on his right and Danny on his left.

Erica spoke, "Fernando, I'm glad that you and my brother are so close. Danny needs a nice boy like you to be close friends with, and I like you too."

"Son," Josh spoke, "you embarrassed me tonight, when you kissed Fernie in front of all those people. I know you're gay, and I would expect you to kiss other boys that you might care about. It doesn't bother me to see you kiss another boy, but I wish you would use some discretion as to where you are when you kiss them, and not do it in front of a crowd, or in front of complete strangers."

"I'm sorry, Dad," Danny replied, "I was just so happy and excited, I kind of—well—I just wasn't thinking. I'll try and do better."

They arrived at the pizzeria about 9:45 and Josh walked inside with Fernando.

Josh, approaching Antonio, and smiling, "We brought your boy back, and it's still before ten."

"How did the party go?" Antonio asked.

"It wasn't really a party," Josh explained, "It was more of just a family thing, my wife and I, Danny's sister, Danny and Fernando. We had a really nice time together, I'm quite certain Fernando enjoyed it too, and Danny was very happy that Fernando could be with him on his birthday. Do you have a realization as to how tight those two are?"

"I think I do," Antonio replied, "Given the option, I think they would find a way to glue themselves together!"

Josh, chuckling, "I think they're already glued together, we all enjoyed having Fernando with us, he is a beautiful and loveable young man."

"Tell me!" Antonio said, "Please don't tell this to Danny, but Maria and I are considering filing adoption papers, we think we want Fernando as our legal Son. We haven't made a decision yet, but it's on our minds."

"Danny filled us out, about Fernando's past. Fernando has nothing but a heart full of love for you and Maria. That would certainly secure his future, Thanks for letting Fernando share the evening with us."

"You're very welcome, I know Fernando was excited about helping Danny celebrate his birthday." The two men shook hands, and Josh left, to take his family home.

(to be continued...)

* * * * * *

Authors Note:

We just finished Part 37 on March 17, with Danny's Birthday.

This is the place where I usually list a little preview of what is coming up in the next chapter, but at this moment, I have no f**cking idea. I need to get into the fuzzy brains of my characters, and find out what they're planning in the near future, then I can write it down.

If you don't see DJ Part 38 within the next couple of weeks, it could indicate that I have died.

There are a few "planned" events in the offing, including:

The Rainbow Alliance's picnic, sometime in April

Randy and Daryl's wedding on May 20th

The end of the college spring semester on May 25th

Jamal and Rusty's All Gay, clothing optional Pool Party, Date TBA.

Other unknown possibilities:

Will Joe's sister, Julia, contest Aggie's Will?

Will Damion and Brandon move to North Carolina?

Will Marie accompany Matt when he has his upper surgery?

Will Phil make the decision to return to school?

How will Fernando affect the Card's softball season?

o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers
12