All Comments on 'Do You Love Me'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 134 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For all of you who feel this or that should have happened differently, NO ONE CARES! You didn't write this. Write a tale of your own. A lot of work was put into outlining, writing and editing this story, thank you Bh76 for your effort. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. I feel sorry for Sarah but that betrayal regardless of being way too drunk is just beyond the pale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story.

Thought he was a bit whiney at times, but maybe you were aiming for the quintessential moody creative types.

Thoroughly enjoyed, Sean.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Very

Very good story,though I can't understand how Jenny or any other female would want to marry a moody arsehole like him.

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Loved it great story . Felt the ending could have been more. Still 5 stars

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Boring. The 'Loving Wife' was barely in it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awful lot of ants in this one!

xhristianjxhristianjabout 1 year ago

For one thing the MC is a complete and total Prick his reaction to his wife's getting fucked was completely over the top but frankly I didn't care. Why would any sane person give a fuck about a character that has literally no redeeming qualities?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well Bh76, reading comments is an author's joy. The previous commentator had the MC and I thought you crated a brilliant character. I normally wouldn't read a story of more than 6 pages, this was nine and very worthwhile the time. Thank you. A 5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. But honestly I felt bad for Sara. She had no knowledge she was going to be seen by millions on hidden cameras. In fact gard to believe that they could air all that. Yes she cheated on the MC and was meant to be his support. But she was herself was high at the time and got bamboozled by the asshole. People forget that when one spouse needs support ALL the time, it puts a drain on thr marriage. The other spouse feels like they are second fiddle in thr marriage. Look Sara fucked up. Literally. But the MC's reaction seemed over sized. Total ghosting for a one time fling? No discussion of why? Just nothing but running? With his addictions and hangups, he had to be quite a bear to deal with, especially when he was trying to be sober. So yeah she committed a betrayal of their marriage and trust was broken, but it seemed genuine that she got seduced and was thinking under chemical influence, and had no clue about the hidden cameras. Personally, I don't see the humiliation factor of who knows on TV to be as a factor ad he made it out to be. The difference would be if she KNEW it would be on video. Then it is lights out. But clearly she did not. When one person is constantly having to support and be there for another person, without reciprocation, it can put stress on the marriage. It doesn't give her a free pass or even an excuse, but is it forgivable? Personally I would think so. Of course in thr heat of the moment the broadcast makes it worse. But at some point reason should enter rhr equation. Total ghosting of Sara through the divorce and beyond was excessive. But then again the MC was a prick. Call a spade, a spade. He was an interesting prick, but he was often whiny, at times an asshole, struggling with sobriety, and did things to piss people off. He almost lost Jenny over his shitty self indulgent heavier for self pity. And yet Sara burned with remorse for years after he ghosted her. It depends on the person, but I think if he had been less self-absorbed (Jenny's own words), he could have reconciled with Sara. But then Jeny enter the equation and he had already burned bridges with Sara. It is pretty clear Sara is beyond remorseful, loves the MC (Lord only knows why at times, given all his shit over the years), wishes more than anything to be back with him, regrets what she lost, and was hoping against hope for even some sort of relationship. That is not the psychological profile of a slut or a loving wife who will cheat again. She broke their vows on forsaking all others, but he broke some of his own vows by not honoring and cherishing her with all his self-absorbed, self pitying behavior. If he wasn't such a prick (at times), counseling could have fix a one time slip. Forget the broadcast humiliation, some of that is magnified in his mind out of proportion. Most fans woukd be happy to see them get back together and fuck the ones that would deride him. I also in real life, would find it extraordinary that so drunk and wiped out, that on tour that he didn't bang groupies ( he did). In effect Sara felt into that trap from the reverse perspective. If they had been married in the 80s, while under influence of chemicals, he totally would have cheated on Sara while touring. That is a fact. It is the nature of the business. He isn't a saint. Far from it. Of course despite being a prick, is a heck of an interesting character to read. While at times over his 2 year rollercoaster, the reader might cheer him when he is being a dick, other times the same reader will yell at him for being so self-absorbed. He certainly had a think skin and little capacity for forgiveness and he held grudges. But that also what made his character interesting. Of course Chris and Ryan were much bigger asshole with bigger egos. I think that one saving grace for the MC, is while he could be irritating, prickly, self-absorbed, self-pitying, unforgiving, etc, he had a way smaller ego than his band mates. Made him more relatable to the common man. Still feel bad for Sara. But that was the story so as to set everything in motion. Her betrayal and Danny's death, along with his interaction with Tara, set the dire tone for the plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

All four nob gobblers suffered from severe cases of arrested development. Must be tough to be involved in a forty-year pissing contest. But then again, we’ve seen bands from that era do all those things.

Still a great story, though.

backgar12backgar1211 months ago

Excellent tale!

doctrptdoctrpt10 months ago

The sordid side of the music industry. A first wife who is a slut. A second wife who manipulates him and his child. This was no love story.

Opinionated1Opinionated19 months ago

Very entertaining! i loved it! Money does change people. We probably all wish it wasn't

as dramatic, but it is the truth. thanks for a terrific read! 5 stars

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

If you like reading about fictitious bands and the music biz, you’ll love it. But, Loving Wives material is scarce.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean9 months ago

That was a great story about a very broken man dealing with betrayal from all sides in the only way he could, loving wife being just a small part of it well done warts and all because the warts sometimes are the interesting part.

BabalooieBabalooie8 months ago

Well done. I really enjoyed this story. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very good. Let me guess: Chris and Ryan are modeled in part on Glenn Frey and Don Henley and our hero is a mash-up of Randy Meisner with some Steve Perry. On the other hand, that's off by about a decade too early for the Goblin Knobs first big hit years. But definitely well-written and an engaging story.

Opinionated1Opinionated18 months ago

Your romance stories like this one and others are on a level not often achieved on LIT.

I love the addition of a musical foundation for your tale. I'm not sure if you come from

a musical background, or you are well adept at researching, but either way its entertaining

as hell! I read it twice and after reading some other writers efforts I find my fingers

wandering back to your efforts again :) Thanks again

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

Excellent story. I will read this story again. 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just a couple nits to pick. Love your rock based story…however…guitarists don’t write out sheet music for solos…at most they write tablatures but most just noddle with it until they get something they like and remember what they did. He wouldn’t have written sheet music for his foundation song. I doubt one out of a hundred rock musicians can read sheet music. He would have a page of lyrics with guitar chords scratched outs and circled. No one could’ve sit down and play a song she never heard from sheet music even if she had it…she would have no idea of tempo and breaks. They would’ve run through the song several times to get the timing & might’ve wingers it…other than small nits, a very good story.

fairway9fairway97 months ago

Great story,Loved it. Best I have read in a while.

captpatrickcaptpatrick6 months ago

Clearly, this story is more about the band and lifestyle than the relationships to Sara and Jenny. The support by the women and his daughter were certainly well described and made one feel for the difficulties of addiction, betrayal, romance.

Regarding musicianship. I take issue with the anon who claims studio musicians are so monolithic in their approach to soloing or their ability read music. bh76 even discusses the differences between some artists improvising across chord progressions and those who write more melodic solos and use them each performance. I’ve known both. I agree most guitarists would use tablature.

The idea that a seasoned studio musician or a performing pro of 20 years could not read music is ridiculous. Only garage bands stay at that level. You would have to be intentionally ignorant to last 20 years and not be capable of faking out a good sight read.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Hard to give 5 stars only because the MC was often a whiny, self absorbed prick who was high maintenence and a lot of attitude and immaturity. He was an interesting prick, but one nonetheless. All those years wasted and high with Sara having to pick up the pieces. It was strongly implied that while wasted he slept with groupies, maybe not often but that it did happen while exhausted and nearly out of it. Makes it ironic when Sara got hit with it in reverse on TV. High and wasted and acting like a groupie. No clue how that would be acted btw. Doesn't matter the waiver signed, showing it destroyed their marriage. Can you say big fat civil lawsuit. No show would show the direct footage. Anyways he was somehow this Old Testament type who totally ghosted her in ways that even made his new love interest concerned and bewildered. Not to mention how that impacted his time with his child. I get that she betrayed her marriage vows under serious chemical influence, but no confrontation, no counseling, one time fling and gone. What does it being on TV, somehow obviate the need for any communication. He instantly packs it in and moves on. Some guys are wired like that but it just a wee bit hypocritical given his exploits with groupies before his sobriety. Agre with previous poster a few months back that being the spouse who has to play crisis manager and caregiver all the time because of his addictions and problems, really drains the marriage and makes that spouse feel emotionally exhausted and under appreciated. Don't get me wrong her actions were bad and for many people.worthy of divorce. But not how he handled it. Instant ghost not just near term but for a long time. Look he isn't close to a saint. A guy like that on the road, wasted and high, would at least from time to time be banging the groupies. It happens in that life. Yes he sobered up and cleaned up, but she falls once and everything is over. Yes he is an interstellar self absorbed whiny asshole, but he is still a jerk. He even almsot drove his new love away several times with his attitude and penchant for self destruction. Interesting read but Sarah never had a chance. MC was not an admirable protagonist. Not by a long shot.

woodwardwoodward6 months ago

I have read several of your stories and they are some of the best written on this site. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I wish Sara never found anyone else and remained one of 'his girls'. Something feels right about her viewing him as her soulmate and never loving anyone else again.

5 stars. but I wish there was more about him, Sara, and Jenny and their relationships

Schwanze1Schwanze13 months ago

Read again. Helluva tale.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd22 months ago

Great story, thanks!!!

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I don't know about this one, but by the end of it, I sort of felt like the cheating wife Sara was more into him than his fiancée Jenny. Also, Jenny didn't have much presence in the story other than her initial bad impression and then her continued attempts to force Sara on him. I kind of wished it would blow up in her face.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

These drugs,booze,whores, and rock&roll stories are truly awful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

His wife cheated while drunk might have been forgivable one time. Especially when she was telling the guy off afterwards. That pretty much shows she was remorseful over it. Yes I would have cussed her out and never allowed her to be alone with other band mates or rock stars. But it was her that saved his life from drugs and alcohol, so she deserved some forgiveness for one mistake. Obviously she loved him, wanted to reconcile and it would have saved him losing so much money. The fact she stayed during his worst time also should have factored in. If she did it again though the post up would apply that I made her sign

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Finally, a male MC who behaves like an actual man, great story loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

Sorry but the MC was an asshole. Sara cheated on him for sure while drunk. But after all the stuff she did to save his life and that she had to put up with from him, she deserved a second chance. She seemed absolutely remorseful, and shocked at what she did, and tried to atone. He just dropped her like a bad habit. I think Sara was more heartfelt in her devotion to the MC, despite having cheated, than his new fiancee Jenny.

MC comes off as a jerk, albeit an interesting one, though his band mates were rotten assholes. The backstabbing in the band was well written.

But his outright condemnation and refusal to even discuss what happened regarding her one time adultery, while she was under the influence, came off as mean spirited and small, given all the crap he put her through.

A normal person with their shared history would have been happier in the end staying together and making it work, than with Jenny, who was not all that. To each their own. Of course if there was a second incident, then scorched earth. Premeditation or lack thereof plays a huge role in punishment for crimes in the justice system. Same is true in life.

Just think Sara deserved a chance. Especially since it seems pretty clear he slept with groupies while high and she stayed the course with him. But when the tables were turned on TV, abs she became the groupie and was under the influence, he just negates her. That is cold. And the commenters who believe he never strayed while hig on the road ate just being childish and naive.

And the TV revelation while humiliating should not be the deciding factor, unless you are a wuss or you are an insecure putz. Who gives crap what other people think? The issue is between you and her and then your family. Everyone else can suck it.

Good story. 5 stars. But MC is a hypocritical Old Testament prick, despite having been a rock and roll musician, addicted to drugs.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Sata is disgusting .

Thank you for nat making the MC a pathetic cuck who accepted the whore back .

5 stars

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories