All Comments on 'Do You Love Me'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments
1thaiguy1thaiguyabout 2 years ago

Sorry too long too much history

oldsage_1oldsage_1about 2 years ago

Great story, Brayce! I was half expecting a three way happily ever after but the ending was very clean and appropriate. Enjoyed it a lot. Very complex fantasy well developed and well written. Always a pleasure seeing a BH76 offering show up in my reading list!

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"I've made myself look like a gold-digging ass, haven't eye [sic]?" I actually laughed at that point, though the mistake is certainly understandable. There were a number of points where a quick pass by an editor could have helped with similar things, but the basic story was good. Sending the ex-wife to stay with him for a week in adjoining rooms? That just did not ring true, despite the efforts to explain it as a fianceé's love. Sorry, no. Just not believable. I get him burying the hatchet, but no way should/would he have ever gone that far, not even if his bridge-to-be and daughter thought that was a good idea. Other than bringing him some sushi and whispering about wanting to suck his dick, what benefit did her presence there bring to the party? None.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 2 years ago
Excellent Story

Lots of interesting twists and turns in this one. I felt sorry for Sara - she sure paid for her screw up. Too bad that the other two guys in the band couldn’t handle their success.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For as long as I can remember, good stories and good music were all important (besides a lovely lady), this story had it all. As far as music goes I loved it all , from Herb Alpert to CCR, to Johnny Cash, Alice, Van Hagar, Staind, Disturbed . . . all the good music. My favorite writers would be L. LaMour, qhml1 and so many writers on Lit - including Bh 76 and of course Randi. People to love are all important but a good story and/or song or two fill the empty times are needed also.

greenday0418greenday0418about 2 years ago

How many bands from the 70's and 80's went through those problems? Very realistic story, and the money issues stayed central to the story. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it, wish there were more stories about fucked up 80's rock bands. 5*

JayDiverJayDiverabout 2 years ago

Needless rock star drama and how to be a diva. But it made a good story. thanks.

Bebop3Bebop3about 2 years ago

Excellent story. I look forward to your next.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

One of your best, had everything a reader could want. You truly write excellent stories this one goes into my favourites.

Scores 5/5 wish l could give it more.

Thank you and write more stories like this one.

Wh00sherWh00sherabout 2 years ago

Sara babysitting just felt wrong.

Good story, I hate to say it but parts just seemed too long. First time I've thought that with one of your stories.

linnearlinnearabout 2 years ago

I was trying to figure out how you were going to end it, You tied that up nicely in the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome story!

wolftrapwolftrapabout 2 years ago

Well, I really liked it. Slightly long, but on the other hand well fleshed out story and characters and a lot of details about this type of life without being boring. An easy 5* from me.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just OK. Any story where the new finance sends the ex to keep an eye on herby is just stupid. No woman will do that. She screwed up, got a ton of his cash, she would just move on and share the custody.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

That was very good.

Riveting even as I again never stopped to take a break but

I did in fact skim some paragraphs.

I felt some paragraphs could well be lumped together into one paragraph.

But overall it was very good.

/

I could understand the anger Jordan had on Sara's cheating.

Good if it was really a one time thing but to be broadcast on TV for millions to see...

and today it seems all videos of shows are uploaded in the internet, that Sara having sex with Jimmy will be viewed people till the universe will crash. It is humiliating!

/

But I do sometimes don't like the MC.

Though I admire him for standing up and not taking crap from anybody,

yet he can be an ASSHOLE for doing it.

/

That was a long one Bh76.

Thanks for making this and sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good overall.

I just can’t get over stories where the wife who cheated feels regret for cheating, but still screws him over for alimony and child support. “I felt so bad for cheating, that I had to take all your money.”

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Way too long with too much fluff. Skimmed most of .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed this. Thanks.

I see a couple of comments but it was too long. I think what made it seem longer was that he remained stuck in his bitterness towards Sara and stuck in his disagreements with the rest of the band. A story has to keep moving, but on those two fronts it didn’t for what seemed like a very long time. Still, though, I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

God I like when hair metal fans b..ch about grunge.

Anyway, good one

vladdimirvladdimirabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed reading that. Excelleny as usual!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 years ago

That worked really well. Glad it worked out for him in the ens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Made it thru a page and a half. Yawn

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Unexpectedly, Sara was the sympathetic character.

Bronco56Bronco56about 2 years ago

That was an excellent story. It was great from start to finish. I thought the length of the story was great. You were able to tell the story and not make it a rushed job at the end. 5⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Probably a bit long and too much was made over his alcoholism and not enough over his ex-wife, but well-told. He certainly needed a better lawyer and investment guys. Parts were slow, but overall a good effort.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Damn this was a great story! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Started off as a good story and then you took off on a tangent losing my interest Kepp it simple rather than trying to build suspense (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Different strokes

I enjoyed every bit of this, I appreciate your time and talent. Could have read much more and the fast rap up was sad. Thanks

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

I think this is the best work of yours that I have read. Good plotting and flow.

I know it won't be easy to write another like this, but, hell, please try again.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I gave it a 5. Yes, it was long, but the reason is that a lot was going on. Bh76 really painted a picture here of the rock star lifestyle. It seemed pretty realistic to me, though one unrealistic note was the idea of an 80's band having a #1 single on today's charts. Only on a genre-specific one like "rock" or "metal." The actual pop charts are, same as they ever were, dominated by and filled with mostly performers in their 20's, and a few slightly older heritage ones like Adele, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, etc. The third comment from the bottom (an Anon) pokes fun at the glitchy "I've made myself look like a gold-digging ass, haven't eye?" and suggests that adding an editor would have prevented that sort of error. Bh76 probably DID have an editor. The problem, and I've beaten this dead horse in these comments over and over, and am about to do it again, is that nearly all editing now is done by software, not human eyes. So since "eye" is a legitimate word, the software doesn't see the mistake. Even those of us who are literate enough to self-edit need to do it with hard copy and eyeballs.

QM

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesabout 2 years ago

Wife caught cheating while on a tv reality show is where the dramatic energy in a LW story should have been placed, but this promising premise was quickly glossed over in order to give us a feel-good romance.

.

That said, the romance was entertaining, as were the music biz intrigues, so as deserved 5 stars for this entry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice story! It sometimes really goes just like this. A guy who was sure to end up dead before the age of 30 is saved by good woman who just somehow comes in from the sidelines and turns everything around. Magical really! Ask me how I know.

Craig1878Craig1878about 2 years ago

Such a wonderful story. Brought to tears at times and was sad to see it end. Thank You so very much for writing & sharing with us.

Craig

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 years ago

This is a pretty good story. The main character is really a primadonna I know but so are the other guys In the band. In fact I think the story actually reflects a lot of the self centered delusion on metality of the rock and roll Music industry.

TeggeTeggeabout 2 years ago

One of the best! 5*

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

A very good story with some tremendous character development. I really enjoyed the cathartic transitions that the lead character went through to find his peace.

LwcbyLwcbyabout 2 years ago

My only problem with it, it’s a lot too short! Great story!!! Really wish it was longer, Thank You!!!!!! Five Stars, Hoggypig out!

Davester37Davester37about 2 years ago

I don’t have much to add to these comments. I too, loved the story. It’s a fun glimpse into another world.

As always from this guy, thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.........

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

Excellent story with great characters, excellent character development, and lots of depth. I really enjoyed it, reading straight through. Good decision Tara and Jenny; the emotional touch of the letter was wonderful, bringing tears to my eyes (or maybe it was the pollen?). The one part I didn’t like was that Sara screwed up when she was there for him, but that happens in life sometimes, whether we like it or not. Excellent work, 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks Bh. You just keep getting better and better.

Doc

IjustcantstopIjustcantstopabout 2 years ago

Thanks for the great story!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

A well done story, very well-rounded characters and pretty good indictment of the music industry.

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 2 years ago
I Agree

...with the preceding comment by BuzzCzar. Your attention to detail and superior editing are truly appreciated. Only one additional thought:

Keep 'em comin'.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 2 years ago

Thank you for the story. That was one hell of ride! Especially liked the fact that the MC was part hero, part artist, part asshole, part narcissist, and part recovering addict... perfect celeb!

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 Stars true. Was it your intention that Jordan was a rather unlikable little brat even at 45? For me he never really made the grade, passive aggressive in any person is despicable. (in my opinion)

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 2 years ago

Outstanding authors are few and far between on here but you have definitely joined them! That really was a cracking story worthy of a hall of fame slot. Thank you very much for your work. 5*

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 years ago
A nice

Story well written and told well very good

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Great story, well told.

ibuguseribuguserabout 2 years ago

A nicely written and told story.

5* and thank you.

teslaownerteslaownerabout 2 years ago

Great story, but Jordan should have gone after them hammer and tongs, and settled for 13% of the corporation from each of them. See how they like someone else being the puppeteer.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 years ago

What an awesome story! 5 Stars all around.

JacktacularJacktacularabout 2 years ago

Damn that was a good read! Even cried over Tara's letter.

Thanks for being so consistently good 👍

FD45FD45about 2 years ago

Worked on so many levels. It was long but it was a ‘straight read through’. Held my interest all the way, seemed believable and taught me a bit about the music industry.

He didn’t change all that much and very slowly but how often do we change quickly?

Nicely done.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Excellent story! So glad I favorited you Bh76! Love all your stories! 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY TWINKLING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story. I didn't care for Jenny's kumbaya attitude towards Sara, his ex. Didn't make sense; Sara was trying to talk him into reconciliation, which would have left Jenny with nothing, yet Jenny was constantly riding him about forgiving and spending more time with her. Jenny needed to butt out of his relationship with his ex.

.

Other than that, I really enjoyed reading the story. Well done. 5 stars from me.

dawg997dawg997about 2 years ago

Completely top notch story!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Heckuva tale. Sorry to see I was at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

WAY TOO LONG

management91399management91399about 2 years ago

Great fun, add it to your opus of terrific contributions to this site. Yes our MC was a DIVA but also had that monkey on his back and he pretty much white-knuckled it trying to stay sober for his come back. His bandmates evolved into jackasses for some reason, I guess it served the third act of the story (Tour leading up to the wedding) but those guys saved his ass and made a great come back so why piss him off, they could have just kept on going and banked the money. Instead, they switched gears to give us the drama that drove the story to the conclusion.

I kept wondering if, after his divorce, if he would have ended up being a manager at Home Depot or something instead of getting this comeback, glad it went the way it did.

The only part that pushed me out of the story is the need for him to travel to that studio to record his solos on the last record. He could have done that in any studio, he could have done that in his basement and dropboxed the solos to the engineer mixing the record. There was no reason to be out of town to do that. Tons of bands I like have done new albums in lockdown with the members all recording from home, that was a bit unrealistic I think if they were so worried. I mean he's sitting in their studio by himself recording, that could have happened anywhere.

So yeah, sending the ex-wife to babysit him might have stretched some readers' suspension of disbelief but that last recording session did that for me. Still fun stuff, amazingly the droopy emotional cancer benefit song sections really moved me, I must be growing a heart here as I sit at the top of Mount Crumpet.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Very

Very good story.

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

Biggest problem I had with this is the constant manipulating of the MC to forgive the cheating wife. She was even offering to help him cheat on his current girlfriend, yet the author tries his best to cast her in a positive light. Stupid...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good writing, but I’m not quite sure what was the point of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Pretty good. But I would have liked it better if there had been some dialog, and explanation, concerning the wife's cheating. Well written dialog between the husband and wife nearly always make or break cheating wife stories.

kinked_a_bitkinked_a_bitabout 2 years ago

Man this guy was a whiny bitch!

But I saw the Metallica documentary, “Some Kind of Monster,” so I guess it’s realistic.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

feels too much like the slim shady/eminem story i think thats one of his daughters name isnt it? melody

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Loved it overall, but I agree with Sexecutioner that everyone (except Melody, for obvious reasons) shouldn't have kept trying to force him to be friends with Sara. It doesn't matter that he was being unreasonable, that was his right and everybody, again except for Melody, should have respected his wishes.

\

I found it unrealistic that Sara hung onto her hopes for so long, even after it was obvious that he and Jenny were together, even if they weren't engaged yet,

\

I don't see a girlfriend/fiancee being so chummy with an ex-wife who makes no secret of wanting to get back with her ex, CERTAINLY not send her off to baby sit him.

\

I had no problem with the length. I DID put off reading it because of the length, but once I started it grabbed me and I only put it aside a couple of times.

desikdesikabout 2 years ago

Helluva story, dude!Keep up with good stuff!Support!

nogravynogravyabout 2 years ago

Good story overall, ending too abrupt, but it didn't stop me from giving it 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

That jordan is a whiney diva....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Saw it happen more than once on the road...the slime around the industry kills some incredible music and musicians...my wife from that time is on husband 4....

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Damn

Damn good story.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 years ago

Wonderful story, Thank you! 5 stars.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Nice ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

danbo56danbo56about 2 years ago

great story enjoyed it I prefer lengthy stories rather than 1 pages I have some negative comments but there for me alone would not make any difference to the story still gave it 5 stars

MbgdallasMbgdallasabout 2 years ago

Stupid man. Nothing but a whiner, alcoholic, druggie. Can’t believe Jenny would have anything to do with such a scum bag.

Stupid to leave his wife over such a small incident. Of course we know he wasn’t a real man or he could have sucked it up and forgiven her.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Good story, probably a decent telling of what the inside out view is like for the stars of yesteryear, it reminds me in some ways of MsCherylTerra’s “No strings attached” & Bebop3’s “Merely Players”, which have both struck a chord with me (sorry ‘bout that…). The characters and narrative are well written and the ego issues in that world are legend, so do ring true, but our protagonist is not without fault, either meant or otherwise, but he is written as being human and like all of us is prone to err occasionally.

jmmj5jmmj5about 2 years ago

I agree with Hooked

...and many others. I think this is your best work. Like Sbrooks, because of the length, it took me a while to get to it, but I'm glad I did.

I hope you write another.

terraknorterraknorabout 2 years ago

Awesome story that I absolutely enjoyed! Other rock n roll stories I've enjoyed are Lightning in a Bottle and Intemperance (on SOL). I enjoyed this one as much, if not more. I gave it maximum stars and wish I could have given it more.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

YES! A very good story. That's why bands and groups break up, big heads that can't get thru doorways anymore. The Mamas and Papas was love and romance. Peter Paul and Mary----Mary died. Our hero in this story was everybody taking advantage and not giving him any respect, and of course he had a drug problem and his two partners were assholes. Good writing only problem was the dust the kept getting in my eyes............................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great writing! Looking forward to more.

FD45FD45about 2 years ago

Writers love feedback and compliments so let me see how well I can do that.

1). I remembered this story

2). I went LOOKING for this story for a reread

3). After the reread, I enjoyed it just as much.

4). The length did not daunt the second time.

5). (Ahem). Not to shit on other writers who delve into music themed stories, but this story FLOWED with the music and did not WALLOW in the music. I am not a music person. Spewing pages of song references and derivatives and keys... for insiders it is its own type of porn, for the average reader, it bogs things down or starts the reader on skimming, never a good idea.

For myself, at least, this story hit the sweet spot of just enough jargon and references to make me believe the MC, while not so ... tedious? as to make me think I am reading someone’s favorite play list, one I don’t even recognize, much less appreciate.

So, there you go! Get an airplane for your own ego after this 😉

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I don’t normally read stories tho long here. For That I will read a novel. This story was a huge exception. Once I started, I could not quit reading it. Great story. Really loved it.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalalmost 2 years ago

It was a good story. a little bloated but very compelling. I gave it 5 stars because I do really like it but i had a few thoughts that don't seem to mesh with other commenters.

..

so this guy spent the first 5 or so years of his marriage in a haze of drugs and alcohol and the "rock star lifestyle" doing god knows what. his wife saves his life. gets him clean. she's his rock. So he turns down rejoining his band but agrees to do a reality show band? but because theres so much drugs and booze he moves his hot wife into a house of rockstars including the one he knew his wife was a superfan of. and he admits at the end that the producers had been manipulating them for drama. HE put his wife in that situation. so she gets drunk (possibly high) and cheats. thats bad, no arguing. and I get it, it was put on TV, thats humiliating for him but jesus. its instant shes dead to me i'll never speak to her again. All I can think about is how many times has he done some horrible shit while drunk or high including ODing that must have been hell for his wife to go through, all the times after where he wanted to use or was feeling urges or when something bad happened like getting millions of dollars stolen and she was there for him and she fucked up 1 time (admittedly probably the worse way she could have) and it's done. She hasn't even earned a fucking conversation. and most of the comments are how they are upset everyone was trying to manipulate him into forgiving his ex-wife and its frustrating for me because I agree with the people manipulating him. not to RAAC of course cause his ego is too big for that to have ever worked out but she isn't a bad person she just got caught up in a bad situation that he brought her into.

...

The other comments are about the bandmates. its like the commenters only read the petty shit the bandmates were doing to him, he acts like an ass all the time. from his perspective they are being assholes but with the exception of the wedding stuff and the first attempt at a reunion most of it was kinda reasonable. like they've been touring and working without him for a decade and when he rejoins every time something happens he doesn't like he threatens to quit or yells at people or tries to fire people. when he finds out they didnt tell him about the guy who fucked his wife he loses his shit but I wonder how they fuck they were supposed to tell him right before a press conference. he goes on this rant about how they keep outvoting him but all the things they are outvoting him on are good decisions and most of the time he's saying no to be a dick.

...

these aren't knocks on the story. its a story about a flawed man and it probably shouldn't be in this category, no offense but its 1 page of LW story and 8 pages of romance. I just dont agree with alot of the comments

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Need to contain the comments a little - if they are longer than the story it's time to dial back. Good tale, second trip through, thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Hair metal sucked. Grunge destroying it was one if the best things of the 90s

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Also, IMHO the dude caused all of his problems. Gumpershnickal is 100% correct with everything. This dude was a complete childish asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Seriously?9 pages for a 2 page story.

LifeisadventureLifeisadventurealmost 2 years ago

Excellent story and Rockstar Jordon is a fun, well done interesting character; self centered, self destructive, talented artist, trying to become a good dad with a heart of gold for child cancer victims. Great setting in the world of rock & roll for this flawed character. His most redeeming feature is that he’s trying to become a better person and seems to do that with ups and downs as his life progresses lol. 5 stars

xhristianjxhristianjalmost 2 years ago

I actually liked the story but he really should of reconciled with his ex-wife. This guy was no Saint in fact he was the antithesis of a fucking Saint. And for years she supported him through all his myriad of addictions and issues.

Did she fuck up yes in fact Hell Yes but based purely on a incident basis one big fuck up Vs 100's of fuck ups means the addict husband has no right to act like oh woe is me she cheated! Relationships are a balancing act if a bitch wife cheats and it's done from malice, disrespect and or hatred etc BTB but a singular mistake that's a completely different story.

MwestohioMwestohioover 1 year ago

Just a great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jordan may have been an alcoholic and drug abuser during his part of his marriage to Sara but he never cheated on her. Sara on the other had did cheat on him and did it on national TV with Jordan's most hated rock rival in the most dramatic and embarrassing fashion possible . Decades later reporters are still question him about his rival fucking his wife and making him a cuckold.

Commenters were quick to defend Sara's bad decisions and behavior as nothing but a plain mistake. The hypocrisy is astounding. When men cheat they're the worst rat bastard fiend in the entire world that should be destroyed at all costs. When women cheat its just a human mistake with no malice interned on their part and they are entitled immediate forgiveness and reconciliation with no consequences for their bad decisions and selfish behavior. These white knights feel compelled to “rescue” people in intimate relationships, often at the expense of their own needs. White Knight behaviors stem from a mindset that perceives the other sex as weak, dependent, absolved of all responsibility for their outcomes, and thinks that she will dedicate herself to loving him because of his help.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story. It was a bit different, but a good read. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A bunch of third grade kids playing music, pretending to be grown men, and acting like prima donna bitches. The sad part is that there’s a lot of rock bands around that would make these guys look like saints. Still, though, a pretty darn good story. Thanks, Bh76.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If you've ever done this gig (and I have, with names you'd all recognize), this shit is rampant in popular music, be it rock, country, grunge... Lots of slime out there earning money off the real talent. Lots of set-ups for spouses to get drunk, drugged, and fucked to blackmail an artist, or to create the embarrassment. Lots of it...destroyed my fiancé and I...some folks out there I will never work with or for again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have dumped that conniving bitch, Jenny.

How totally inappropriate of her to force the unwanted reconciliation with him and his cheating ex-wife. And how weak of him to allow it.

What sort of marriage is he going to have with such a backstabbing lying devious bitch.

And his daughter Melody is just as selfish. This is what I want daddy. I'll take Mummy's side against you and expect you to love me just as much. I'll attack the victim just coz it's better for me.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories