Doc's Last Christmas

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bleeep
bleeep
591 Followers

"You'll have to show me some of those vids." She purred. "I'd like to see what he's packing."

"That can probably be arranged." I said. "I'm sure they're still around here somewhere. He was never shy about sharing them."

We sat and talked for a while, then hit the hay. Morning would be here way before I was ready for it.

I woke to the sound of Christmas music. Groaning I rolled over, looking at the bedside clock. 6:03 AM, Damnit Doc, I thought, I know you said early, but FUCK.

I poked Robin in the ribs. "Up and at em gorgeous, seems someone's impatient."

"Five more minutes." She mumbled.

"Sorry, can't." I said. "Doc's already up, if we don't get moving, he'll be up here to pull us out of bed. It might be a good time to remind you, we're naked."

"I'll show him whatever he wants if he lets me sleep." She moaned.

"I'm sure you would." I chuckled. "But I happen to know he's got a thing for redheads, the sight of the two of you naked would probably kill him."

"It's just me." She clarified. "Lauren's already up, probably helping him torture me."

I pulled her out of bed into my arms and kissed her, passionately, groping her ass in the process. She sighed and melted into my embrace.

Breaking the kiss, she buried her face in my neck. "I'm awake, but now I'm horny, not fair."

"I'll make it up to you later beautiful, get dressed." I said. "I'll see you downstairs."

Descending the stairs, I saw Lauren and Doc sitting at the bar drinking what I presumed to be Doc's famous eggnog. As I walked up, Doc slid one my way.

"Thanks Doc." I said. "Morning hon." I kissed Lauren and patted her ass.

"Robin up?" She asked.

"Should be down shortly." I chuckled. "Pretty sure she's in grinch mode. Way too early for her I think."

On cue we heard mumbling and heavy footsteps coming down the stairs. "Fucking...ass crack of dawn...lunatics..."

Robin sat next to me at the bar. "Coffee...STAT!!" She barked.

"Try some of this instead." Doc grinned, handing her a cup of eggnog.

Robin took a tentative sip, then downed the cup in one gulp. "More." She demanded.

"Go easy on that stuff." I warned. "It's pretty potent."

"Please." She groaned. "I'm Irish Catholic, we give the kids stuff stronger than this."

Two cups later and Robin was much happier.

We sat in the great room and exchanged gifts.

"I'm sorry you got left out, Robin." Doc apologized. "Genius over here didn't tell me you were coming, or anything else about you for that matter."

Robin kissed Doc on the cheek. "Don't give it a second thought."

"Anyway." Doc sighed. "Down to the real reason I asked you to be here."

Doc turned to me. "Rene and I couldn't have kids, always wanted a big family...you...you're the closest thing I have to a son. And sweet Lauren, I've come to see you as a daughter." He paused momentarily, overcome with emotions. "You and the boys are my only family."

Lauren sat beside Doc, hugged him and took his hand, wiping away her tears, and his.

"I...I want you to have this place when I'm gone." He stuttered. "I was born on this property, and I intend to be buried here. If it's sold and broken up, I can't rest."

I looked at Lauren, and she at me. We were dumbstruck. I had a fair idea of what the property was worth. North of 10 million, depending on how it was done. "Doc..." I attempted to protest.

"RJ, hear me out." Doc asked. "I know what this place means to you and I know the boys feel the same. If you take over, I'll be able to rest for another 60 years at least, maybe longer if your family continues the tradition. Nothing, and I mean nothing would make me, or Rene for that matter, happier. She wanted to be buried here too. I still have her urn in my room. I didn't want to do anything until I'd told you."

"But Doc, the place is worth so much money." I argued. "It's too much."

"Why?" Doc queried. "I have no one to leave it to, and I don't have need of the money. I'd even be OK if you sold off some of it and retired in style, you two...I mean three, deserve it. I only ask you keep the 500 acres with the cabin and the clearing area. I don't know if you ever stumbled onto the old foundation just off the north edge of the clearing?"

"I've seen it." I answered. "Always meant to ask about it."

"I was born in that house." Doc remembered. "That's where I want you to bury Rene and me, when the time comes. I lived in that house until I was around 10. There was a horrible forest fire, we lost the house and my parents were never able to rebuild. We were just too poor."

By now, Lauren was crying softly and even Robin was stoic, I was fighting tears as well. "Doc...if that's what you really want, we'd be honored. You've been more than a friend to me for over 40 years. How could I do otherwise? I'll see to it that your last wishes are honored, and I'll find a way to make sure you never have to leave...that you and Rene can rest, undisturbed, for the foreseeable future."

Doc stood and we hugged. "Thank you RJ, Lauren, I love you both."

"Same here Doc." I said.

Lauren kissed Doc softly on the lips. "Love you too."

"While you guys finish up, I'm gonna start breakfast." Robin announced. "I feel a bit like I'm intruding."

Doc went to Robin and took her hands, looking in her eyes. "I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable, sweetheart, but I assure you, you're family now as well and are always welcome here. If RJ has made room for you in his heart, how could I do any less?"

Robin hugged Doc tightly. "Thank you."

Breakfast was a joyous affair, especially after the emotional morning. Doc was telling stories, many of which were probably not appropriate for a Christmas day discussion. Lauren and I brought Doc up to speed with Robin and even admitted to our relationship with Carol and Reese. Doc was pleased Lauren had finally come out of her shell.

"About time you realized how sexy you are." He grinned.

Lauren blushed, deep red, but didn't deny the observation.

The rest of the day involved eggnog, stories and food. Late in the day, Robin persuaded Doc to chase up one of his personal videos. She at last had her proof that Doc was indeed telling the truth.

Later that night, as we lay in bed, she remarked. "Helluva day huh?"

"Wasn't what I was expecting, if that's what you're asking?" I said.

"Yeah." Lauren added. "I can't get over what Doc did for us."

The next morning, we had a nice breakfast, laughing and telling stories. Doc said his goodbyes, hugging both the girls. I thanked him again for his generosity, walked him to his car, then hugged him and watched him drive away.

Still a bit stunned by the events of the last couple days, we cleaned the place, packed and headed for home.

Life resumed its normal pace and winter passed into spring. One evening, after dinner, the doorbell rang. As we weren't expecting guests, I had no idea what to expect when I opened the door.

"Can I help you?" I asked the well dressed man I found standing outside.

"I'm Jason Embry from the office of Jackson and Gilbert." He stated.

"Attorney?" I questioned.

"Yes." He answered. "May I come in, I need to speak with you?"

I ushered him into the living room. "Have a seat."

Robin wandered in just as I invited our guest in, with Lauren shortly behind her.

"What's up?" Robin asked.

"This is Jason Embry." I introduced him to the girls. "An attorney, don't know yet why he's here."

"We represent Dr. James Howland's estate." Mr. Embry stated. "I regret to inform you he passed away."

The girls gasped, Lauren instantly dissolving into tears. Swallowing hard I spoke. "When, how?"

"A little over 2 weeks ago. There was no funeral...his request." He answered. "Passed in his sleep. I'm sorry for your loss."

Robin and I hugged Lauren, tears flowing at the loss of our friend. After a few moments, Mr. Embry asked if he could continue.

"Please." I croaked.

He handed me an envelope. "Everything you need to know is in here. Read it and if you have any questions, our contact information is inside. Again, my condolences."

"Thank you." I said, showing the man out.

We sat silently for some time, then Lauren motioned to the packet. "Open, please." She sniffled.

Inside was another envelope, a set of keys and a letter. Starting with the letter, I read.

Please don't be sad. I'm with my beloved Rene again. By the time you receive this, I have already been cremated. You will find my urn, and Rene's, on the bar at the cabin. Remember what I asked, bury us at the old homestead.

RJ: Over the years, I've watched you become both a man and a doctor that I'm extremely proud of. Knowing you made Rene and me both very happy. You are the son we always wanted. I am more than a bit envious that you managed to snag those two beauties. Love them, equally and always. I love you RJ.

My beautiful Lauren: Dry those tears my sweet girl. Take care of RJ as I know he will of you. You two were made for each other, just as Rene and I were. Your love had stood the test of time. Thank you for sharing your family with us, it meant more than you will ever know. Watching the boys grow up and become the wonderful men they became was an honor. You filled my heart, and my life, with joy and happiness. That you are willing to share that boy with another only confirms how big your love for him is. I love you sweetheart.

Dearest Robin: While I didn't get a chance to know you very well, I could see your love for RJ, and his for you. Understand that there is enough love in that boy for both you and Lauren. Don't let jealousy ruin what can be a very fulfilling life for the three of you. Lauren and RJ love you, I can do no less.

Thank you for enduring the ramblings of a silly old man, my children. My time in this life has passed, but we will meet again.

Doc

The envelope contained all the pertinent info about the cabin. The utility carriers, insurance company and a full inventory of the property. Just boring bookkeeping stuff.

The keys were for the property, even though I have had my own for decades.

We sat, holding each other, sharing the emotions that swirled within us. It was hard to be sad, Doc had a full life, but still, we'd miss him, as we had been missing Rene.

Sleep that night was solemn. We just held each other and slept as best we could.

It took me a month or so to execute Doc's final wishes. Once everything was in place, we held a small ceremony.

I had a hole, 12 inches wide, drilled into the ground at the old homestead.

I lowered Doc's urn into the hole, followed by Rene's. "Doc always liked her on top." I chuckled. Lauren giggled, knowing Doc would get a kick out of that.

I had a brass plaque made with their names and dates on it, sealed it in a heavy plastic bag, then added that to the stack. If they were ever dug up, at least someone would know who they were. We filled the hole with dirt, then stood, holding hands and bid our friends farewell, promising to always hold them in our hearts.

I was assured the hole was at least 40 feet deep. I figured at that depth, even in the distant future, nobody would dig that deep if the property was ever developed. Doc and Rene would rest in peace for all time.

bleeep
bleeep
591 Followers
12