Doctor and His Nurse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Son of a gun," Maxwell said to himself.

***

The next morning Katie pulled her car into the doctor's office right before 8:00 AM. She had already prepared everything Maxwell would need and she wasn't sure that he would want her around the office before that. In the morning she had gotten so confident. She thought she had broken free from the first week's boredom. It didn't appear to be the case anymore. Dr. Straus had taken her down a notch.

As she walked through the waiting room, she froze. It was the man who had been here yesterday at four o' clock. What was he doing back here? He wasn't scheduled for any more tests.

She kept walking back to her office, walking by Maxwell's door. She didn't go in, or even stick her head in, but as Maxwell saw her tight body walk by he flagged her down.

"Katie. Come in here for a second," Maxwell yelled out his door.

She sat down. The doctor put down his pen and sat up in his chair. The top button on his dress shirt was unbuttoned and she was able to peer at the top of his chiseled chest.

"I just wanted to let you know I changed my mind. That was a good call about the prostate cancer check. You can never be to sure these days," Maxwell said.

"Oh. I guess that's why he's out front," Katie said.

"Yeah. He could only do the morning. I'm sorry I reacted so strongly it's just I'm not used to being told by nurses what I should be dong," Maxwell said.

"I completely understand. I just remember it from one of my classes on cancer symptoms and it just jumped out at me."

Katie couldn't help but smile. Maxwell's moodiness was getting under her and she felt it dictating her own emotions. When he was happy with her work, she became happy. When he was angry with her, she was sad.

"I'm going up north to a Native American reservation on Saturday. I volunteer there once a month because they can't afford standard health care and they can't travel. There will be other nurse volunteers there, but do you want to come?"

"Oh. This Saturday?"

"Yes. I could use someone I can trust. If you have other plans I understand. It's not part of your work commitment."

"No, no, no," Katie said, "I'd love to. That sounds great. I'll come with you."

"Great. Meet here at 8:00 AM and we'll drive up together."

*****

Katie arrived to the practice's parking lot Saturday morning just a minute before eight. There was just one other car in the parking lot, a black BMW. Maxwell stuck out his hand to wave to Katie. She had assumed before the car must be his. It was always there when she arrived for work and there when she left, just like Dr. Straus himself.

She walked over to his car and got in the passenger seat. As she put on the seatbelt she realized it was tight over her loose shirt. It divided her two breasts and made each one stick out even more against her shirt.

"Have you ever been up to the reservations before?" Maxwell asked.

"No, I haven't," Katie said.

He got her up to the speed on its population and the charity organization they were working with. Katie wanted to know more about Maxwell. He was in his 30s, good-looking, and wealthy. Yet, he worked non-stop even when he didn't need to. Who were his friends? Who were his lovers?

"So is there like a secret doctor's club in North Falls you hang out at?" Katie asked.

"Ha, I wish. Sadly, I'm the only practicing doctor in town."

"Then who do you hang out with?"

"Myself. I mean, you know the hours I work. I'm not alone or free too much," Maxwell said.

"So you live alone?"

"Yes."

"You never wanted kids?" Katie and Maxwell's chat had been filled with smiles and laughs. It was perhaps the most relaxed she had ever seen the doctor. However, as soon as she mentioned kids he realized he squirmed towards the back of his seat. She wondered if she had offended him. "I mean, you're so good with kids at the practice. That's all. That's why I wondered."

"I was going to have a son once," Maxwell said. He stared towards the road, stoically driving down the highway. There was a silence between them before Maxwell filled the gap.

"I had a wife. We lived in Los Angeles but were going to move back to North Falls to start a family. We both grew up here. But my son was born stillborn and my wife died afterwards."

"Oh my gosh, I had no idea. I wouldn't have brought it up-"

"It's ok," Maxwell interrupted, "I don't talk about it too much even though I can never stop thinking about it."

"That's so sad. Is the woman on your desk your wife?"

"Yes. That's Paula. She's the only woman I ever loved."

Maxwell began talking about his life with her. It might have been the most he opened up in years. He wasn't talking about this with Hannah or his neighbors. He didn't have any friends outside of work. Katie cared. She was so genuine and Maxwell felt a relief as he spoke of his former wife. He told her about the time they went to the freshman formal together in college, only to get there to realize they had forgotten their tickets at their dorms and instead of fighting there way in they just picked a random dive Mexican restaurant. They had the time of their lives eating dollar tacos in a tuxedo and an evening dress.

"Do you think she would want you to be alone?" Katie asked.

"I don't know. Maybe she would, maybe she wouldn't. But I've never met anyone else I've wanted to be with so I'm alone. It's the way it is."

***

At the reservation Maxwell set up in a mobile RV the charity travelled with in order to house patients. Compared to his practice it was bare bones but the medical attention they needed was much more rudimentary. He didn't have to screen a bunch of hypochondriacs. Most of the time was spent giving immunizations to children and giving out basic medicine to help with high blood pressure or cholesterol. Everything was paid for and everything was generic.

A small girl, maybe around ten years old, was brought into the makeshift doctor's office as the mother waited right outside with her five other children. She was due for two shots.

Katie had been in charge of preparing people for their vaccinations and she could do so with assembly line efficiency. She rolled up the girls sleeve, swabbed the area, and began her pep talk. Dr. Straus readied the first shot.

"Ok. Look at me," Katie said to the girl, gripping her other hand "What's your favorite animal?"

"I like horseOWWWW" the girl gave out a brief scream as Maxwell gave her the shot.

"That wasn't too bad, you're a tough girl. I like tough girls like you."

The girl's frown disappeared and she began to smile in the compliment. Maxwell saw the effect Kate was having on the patients and was in awe. She knew how to make people feel safe in a doctor's office, which was tough when talk of illnesses and needles were already around.

"I like horses too. Have you ever ridden one?"

"Yes. One time my momOWWW"

The young patient gave out a brief grunt again. As she did, her foot sprang up in reaction to the pain and kicked Maxwell right in the balls. He gave out a brief grunt himself.

"Are you ok?" Katie asked. While keeping one hand on the patient's shoulder, she put another hand on Maxwell's arm. She looked down at his hands which were gripping his groin.

"Arggh," Maxwell said, before controlling himself, "Yes. I'm fine. You're free to go now. Nurse Katie will walk you back to your mother.

Katie took the girl out to meet her mom, and then came back to the office. Maxwell was sitting on his chair, gripping himself.

"Are you sure it's ok?"

"Yes. I mean, I think. It hurts but ten-year olds don't kick that hard," Maxwell said.

"Are you sure? Want me to get ice or anything?" Katie asked. She put a hand on his shoulder and massaged him, just a bit, out of habit. The same instincts that made her good with children made her good for caring for anyone.

"No. The pain will go away in a few minutes. Trust me, I'm a doctor." Maxwell said, laughing in pain at his own joke.

Katie's hand remained on Maxwell's shoulder.

"I'm sure if you needed a nurse to take a look at it, that wouldn't be a problem."

Katie looked in Maxwell's eyes. They had been diverted down at his own situation but as soon as she finished her last sentence his eyes shot up at met hers. They both smiled, giggled, and then went back to preparing for the next patient.

***

At 5:00 their work was done for the day and they got back in the doctor's BMW and started driving down the highway back to North Falls.

"So how are you feeling down there mister?" Katie asked playfully.

"I'm fine ha," Maxwell said, "Thanks for checking in."

"I'm a nurse. It's my job."

Neither said anything as an awkward pause set in. Maxwell reached for the radio and put on the first music station he could find.

"So what about you? What's your social life been like in North Falls?" Maxwell asked.

"Well, given I jumped at the chance to work on a Saturday I think you can tell it's not very busy."

"No new friends? No dates?"

"No. And I don't think there will be one anytime soon," Katie said, "I mean, one of our patients asked me out to dinner. But he was 60 and was using a cane."

"How could you say no to Mr. Silver?"

The two laughed.

"It's ok. A part of me feels very lonely. At the same time, I broke up with my boyfriend six months ago. We had gone out for two years. It's a nice break from him and everything in a way?"

"You don't want me to try to set you up with anyone?" Maxwell teased.

"I thought you don't have friends? Do you actually have that secret doctor's club? Are you gonna set me up with one of them?"

Maxwell laughed. "Haha, that is a club of one."

"Well feel free to set me up with the one," Katie said slowly.

Before Maxwell could respond, the radio blasted out loud high pitches. It was an emergency warning.

The National Weather Service is currently issuing a storm warning for the following counties: Baker County, Walowa County, Harney County. Residents are advised to take action and prepare for flash floods.

It wasn't raining where the two were driving, but down the road they could see dark clouds. They were driving back to Harney County.

"It's probably nothing," Maxwell said, "They issue these all the time."

"I hope so. I live at the bottom of a hill right near a stream."

***

When they got back to North Falls thirty minutes later, Maxwell offered to drive Katie back to her house to make sure everything was alright. It was on the way, and Maxwell thought it would be a nice thing to do to assure Katie did not need to worry about flooding in her newly rented house. But as he turned down Maplewood Lane towards her house, it was clear the storms had been no joke. The stream was flooded and the road was covered in water.

"Oh no," Katie said, "How deep do you think it is?"

"I don't know. At least a few inches. It's probably just safe enough to drive through," Maxwell said.

"I hope so."

"But is that the only road out of your place? By the looks of it the storm isn't going to stop anytime soon and the stream's only going to flood more. You could get trapped."

"Oh my god. I can't go back there."

"Come with me. I have spare rooms. You can stay there until the waters go away."

"Are you sure that-"

"Yes," Maxwell cut her off, "I can't have my new favorite nurse getting flooded in her own house."

***

When the two pulled into Maxwell's house, Katie was floored by its size. For one man to occupy such a luxurious and huge house was absurd. No wonder he was extra lonely. There had to be at least six bedrooms. There was a kitchen upstairs and downstairs. The main dining room had tall ceilings, making it extra grand. For one man to live there alone seemed like a lot of emptiness, in the house and in the heart. She wondered if he bought the house when his wife was still alive, thinking it would be a family home for years to come.

"You can sleep in this room if you'd like," Maxwell said pointing towards a room off the hallway. "Or I guess this one, but I think the first one is nicer. It has it's own bathroom and a better view."

"It will be fine," Katie said. The room was huge, but the walls and shelves were empty which gave it an eerie view. She peered out the window to see a huge field. It looked like it would be a perfect place for a picnic if there wasn't so much rain coming down.

"Why don't you relax and I'll make you dinner?"

***

Katie made a meal with the chicken and few spices that the doctor had in his kitchen. When the two sat down she poured each of them a healthy glass of wine and then another glass and another. By the time they were done their meal, they were both bit tipsy but nonetheless poured themselves another.

"What do you usually do at night when you're here?" Katie asked.

"Maybe read a book or something."

"Well don't let me stop you. Go ahead and do what you normally do."

"Sure you don't want to join?" Maxwell asked.

The two sat down on the couch, just inches between them, and Maxwell picked a coffee table book off the table. Katie saw next to it what looked like a photo album. Maybe it's where he kept pictures of his old wife when he was lonely.

The coffee table book was filled with beautiful landscapes all drawn with pointillism. Every picture was beautiful and eye-catching. Maxwell would point out a particular corner of the painting, a tree or a cloud that he liked, and Katie would lean in to get a better look.

Maxwell flipped to a park which featured dozens of people. He pointed out a woman holding hands with a man by the side near a bridge, and Katie shifted her body to get a better look. She steadied herself by putting an arm on Maxwell's shoulder.

"They look like a nice couple," Katie said, "Even if they are just made out of dots."

"Yes. Even a dotted couple is better than no couple." Maxwell said.

"Do you think that?" Katie asked, with a true sense of disbelief resonating from her voice.

"Yeah. I mean, I think that couple looks good together. They wouldn't be holding hands together if they weren't happy."

"So you think when people are holding hands they must be happy?" Katie asked.

Maxwell reached out and took Katie's hand into his own. "I don't know. Are you happy right now or sad?" he asked, smirking.

"Oh, right now I'm very happy," Katie said, smiling back at Maxwell.

"That's good. I'm happy too," Maxwell said.

"I feel like you haven't been too happy the last seven years," Katie said.

"No. Not especially happy," Maxwell said smiling, "Certainly nothing like the seven years before that."

"Don't you deserve to be happy again," Katie said, "You're such a great person. I mean, most doctors are decent people, but you're really amazing. Everything you do is for someone else."

"I know. I like it that way," Maxwell said, "But it can be frustrating I admit."

Katie now leaned her head against Maxwell's shoulder. They were still holding hands and her legs were touching his. They had the book on their laps between them.

"I know this sounds crazy, but you're my best friend," Katie said.

"By default? Because you don't know anyone else here in North Falls," Maxwell teased.

"It's not just that. I had so much fun today even if it was work. You're so caring even if you don't like to show it," Katie said.

"I would say thank you but I guess that would be me showing something," Maxwell said.

They both laughed as they leaned into each other. Maxwell reached out and put his hand on Katie's knee. Immediately, Katie felt a tingling throughout her body. His grip on her knee was firm yet touching. He massaged her slightly and it was clear it was no normal friendly contact.

"Maxwell, I'm here for the next six months. I want to spend as much time here with you as possible." Katie reached out and put her hand on his thigh. It was about halfway between his knee and his groin. "Wouldn't you like that?"

"Yes. Yes I would. I mean, when I'm not busy hanging out with all the other doctors in North Falls that is," Maxwell said.

"Why don't you just expand the club?"

"To what? Doctor's of North Falls and their favorite nurses?"

"Oh, you want to take Hannah? She's a bit old but I'm sure she can get crazy," Katie joked and they both laughed as they leaned into each other. Their faces were just inches away.

"I can't believe I didn't want you to be my nurse," Maxwell said.

"Why was that?"

"Well, at first I just didn't want one because it was the state interfering with things. You know, bureaucracy is no fun in medicine. Then I found out you were right out of college and I thought you would suck at nursing and being a pain around the office. But I was wrong."

"Wrong about what?" Katie asked while grinning, "I don't suck at nursing or I'm not a pain around the office?"

They both smiled and looked in at each other. Within a few seconds, Maxwell's face turned to stone and he looked at her.

"If I can get serious for one second, Katie. I like you a lot. We haven't known each other long but I hope we do know each other a long time."

Maxwell reached around Katie, grabbing the back of her head gingerly. He brought her towards him and their mouths met each other. They kissed. Her tongue reached out and met his.

He pushed towards her and soon her back was on the couch. Sho moaned softly as he lay hr down. He hovered over her, his mouth still pressing against hers. His tongue traced the soft fullness of her lips.

She reached out and through his pants began rubbing his crotch. It was already hard and, by what she could tell by exploring up and down, it was long.

"Has everything down there recovered from this afternoon?" Katie asked.

"I don't know. I still might need a nurse to check it out."

Katie began rubbing his dick harder, still on the outside of his pants. Maxwell lowered himself onto her. His weight now pressed against her chest. She kept his hand against his shaft. Maxwell felt his chest press against her bosom. He reached out with one forearm to steady himself above her. With the other hand he reached down to the bottom of her blouse. Gingerly, he moved his hand up, his fingers grazing every square inch of skin until his hand reached the bottom of her bra.

Maxwell shifted his weight, and soon he picked Katie off the bed so he could lay on his back and she was on top of her. He pulled her too him tight, kissing the side of her neck. She purred in pleasure.

His hand unbuttoned her blouse, his fingers icy, but the palm fiery hot. Without hesitation, he pulled her breasts, still in a purple bra, towards his face. With one hand he reached around and took off her bra, tossing it to the side.His lips touched her left nipple with tantalizing possessiveness.

Katie reached her hand down and rubbed his chest. She felt the hairs along. He was a real man. She began to unbutton his shirt and he released his tight grip around her hips to allow her too. She was sitting on him topless and reached down for another kiss. They both moaned in unison, as their lower halves rubbed against each other.

Maxwell reached a hand down her naval, under her pants and her panties. It caught Katie by surprise. Maxwell was aggressive. He inched his fingers down, brushing her clit, before slowly inserting himself into her.

Katie reached down to unbutton her pants. She did so and slid them off, leaving her above the doctor in just her panties. They were silky and small around her waist. She was happy she was wearing this pair, from Victoria's Secret, they made her butt look great if she were to turn around. The back was just thicker than a string.

"Hold on," Katie said. She reached down and took his hand out of her. "Let's do a quick check-up on your medical situation first." Katie and Maxwell both grinned.