Doing Time Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That changed.

Not a lot, and I wasn't going to push it, but it changed.

I turned to say something to Anne, and we both stopped dead in our tracks, realizing that we were facing each other, our lips very close.

Neither of us moved, both worried about the reaction of the other if we did.

Slowly, I dipped my head a little closer to hers, stopping so that our lips almost touched, letting her take the final decision.

I held my breath, my heart thumping.

She hesitated, as unsure as I was, then I felt the softness of her sweet lips brush up against mine.

That first taste of her, the smell of her, will forever linger in my mind.

The kiss didn't last too long, but it didn't matter, and we both knew that we had crossed that line, and that it would only be a matter of time.

I slept well again that night. Unfortunately in my hotel bedroom, but I'm sure I slept with a fixed silly grin on my face.

---------------

Still having a few business matters to complete, I didn't get over there the next morning, till around lunchtime.

I was greeted by Anne who was as happy as Larry, grabbing me by the arm, and dragging me inside.

"You never guess what Jim," she gushed at me. Sounded like really good news.

"Arsenal have signed one of Manchester United's top players?" I guessed, acting silly, and earning me a playful tap on the shoulder.

"No it's Alf and Tracy," she rushed to tell the story. "They had a call this morning from some Agent in Bedford, and there's some local property company made them an offer on their house, totally out of the blue."

"Good offer?" I asked.

"Great offer. They've offered them the full asking price. Didn't even ask for a discount."

"Unbelievable." I commented

"Not only that, but it's a cash offer, and the property company wants to rent it out, and asked them if they want to stay on as tenants."

"Good rent?" I queried.

"Absolutely! --- They can easily afford it, and what's even better, they'll have enough left over from the sale to more than cover all their debts."

"Unbelievable." I again commented.

I had really great difficulty keeping the silly grin of utter satisfaction off my face, as Anne continued to give me further details.

It was not easy pretending that I didn't already know them in detail, having spent several hours the day before and that morning convincing my agent that I really did want to add another house to my portfolio, and that 'no' I didn't want him to try to negotiate the price down.

-------------

That evening we were all invited next door to celebrate, and I really discovered what a superb cook Tracy was.

"Angela and Tracy always left me in the shade with their cooking," Anne told me, though she was actually no slouch herself.

We wore the kids out, all three of them, so the women put them all to bed upstairs while us four grown ups stayed up till late drinking and talking about everything.

Yes, old classic cars did feature quite a bit, but we did our best not to bore the womenfolk too much.

It came time, and Tracy suggested we left Mary and Carrie there for the night, so as not to disturb them in their sleep. We went back next-door, and by then I was sure of my feelings for Anne, and fully intended to progress beyond just a kiss.

"No kids in the house tonight Jim," Anne pointed out.

"Yes it was good of Tracy to think of that," I added.

"It was my idea Jim," she then told me. "Actually, to be honest, I asked her if she'd keep them tonight, when I saw her earlier in the day."

Ah! ----- that sounded promising.

"Angela always said that you were great in bed Jim," Anne whispered into my ear, as I took her in my arms. "And it's about time that I found out for myself, don't you?"

I did! .......

The next morning ---- not very early I have to confess, found me going back over to Bedford to collect my things from the hotel.

I booked out.

I guess I must have passed the test.

-------------

Another week of days and nights passed in paradise, and we got more and more like a real little family.

I decided not to mess about --- it was time.

"Where are the kids?" I asked Anne

"Next door with Garry," she told me.

"Fine," I said decisively. "Would this be a good time to ask you to marry me then?"

She looked shocked. Not surprising, but as you must know by now, I've never been a chap to not speak up when I think the moment is ripe.

"But we've only just met Jim."

"No we haven't," I pointed out. "We've known one another for more than twelve years."

"Yes but for the first few you didn't like me, and the last eight you never saw me."

"Just answer the question," I pushed her gently.

Anne stood there, gaping at me, her brain working overtime.

"OK," the lovely woman in front of me replied, her eyes sparkling brightly.

"Is that OK, it's a good time, or OK you accept?"

"Both," she told me. I'd never known a woman to be so brief with her words.

Taking her in my arms, we kissed passionately, but as I tried to maneuver her towards the sofa, she held back.

"Just one question Jim," Anne insisted. "Just one thing worries me."

I asked her what the problem was, and she confessed that she was concerned about where had I got all my money from. Money that I certainly hadn't had before I'd gone into prison.

I regarded her somberly.

I knew this would come up sooner or later.

"Crime, sex, violence and corruption," I told her, and her face fell, and her eyes started to mist up.

"That's what worried me," she admitted. "It's pretty obvious that you're quite well off, and I couldn't imagine how else you could have done that from inside the nick."

"But do you love me Anne?"

"Yes Jim I do. I just can't believe how quickly and how strongly my feelings for you have grown ----- but ..... "

I decided to interrupt her, and I knew I was on safe ground.

"What's my name Anne?"

"Jim," she replied, looking puzzled.

"No, my full name."

"Jim ... that is .... Well I suppose it's James Merchant."

"Doesn't that ring any bells?" I teased her.

"Should it? I don't understand."

I said nothing, just led her over to the corner, took her sweet face in my hands, and pointed her towards her bookcase.

"James Merchant ----- you're not THAT James Merchant. You couldn't possibly be that James Merchant."

Anne broke from my hold and stared up at me with a look of complete wonder.

That really had surprised her.

"But you're famous ---- famous and rich," she burst out at last.

"A bit," I confessed.

"A bit ----- a bit ----- you've had five best sellers, and one just been made into a film."

"Six actually, and they start shooting the second film in the spring." Oh the downfalls of being too proud.

"Sex, crime, violence and what was the other one? Yes I've read all your books. I've got them on the shelf there."

I nodded. I'd seen them. I must confess to having been rather pleased when I first spotted them.

We stared at one another, me desperately trying not to break out into a grin, but then Anne's face fell.

"But I can't marry you Jim, I can't." she cried out.

"Why ever not?"

"Well you're a rich and famous author and I'm just an unmarried mother who lives in a terraced house."

"A rich and famous author who happens to love you," I pointed out.

"Yes but ...."

"And you love me." I continued.

"Yes I do with all my heart, but ....."

"But what?" I interrupted her again.

Anne stared up in wonder at me, and a smile, then a huge grin spread over her beautiful features.

"Oh nothing my darling," she admitted. "Absolutely nothing. Of course I'll marry you."

----------

Upon reflection, we should have made straight for the bedroom. But we didn't, and a few moments later we were both in one another's arms on the sofa, our lips and tongues fighting for supremacy, while I tugged at her sweater to get it off.

I'm not sure if her bra snapped or the catch sprung open, but that soon joined her top on the floor.

Anne was gasping with pleasure as I sucked hard on her erect nipples, opening her legs wide as my hand slid purposefully up her thigh.

We were about to celebrate our engagement in the time honored way.

"Oh dear! They're at it again Sis. Can't keep their hands off one another."

That bought us up with a start.

"Yes Mary, but they seem to be having a good time."

That really bought us to a stop.

We both looked up in shock, and there standing with their hands on their hips, were our two daughters, who must have come in unheard, such had been our frenzy.

Anne made a grab for her sweater, hurriedly pulling it back on, while she made a rather pointless attempt to kick her bra under the sofa.

Little Mary stood there, trying to maintain a disapproving look, though it obviously wouldn't be long till the grin broke through. Carrie bless her, didn't even try, her love for us beaming clearly, all over her face.

Anne cleared her throat, brushed down her skirt, and observed the girls.

"We've got some good news for you two," she informed them.

"Oooh," screamed Carrie, at her usual volume. "Are we going to the zoo?"

"Shut up Sis," Mary calmed her down. "Maybe our very best wish is about to come true."

"Not the zoo?" Queried Carrie, screwing up her face, just a trace of disappointment evident.

"No the other one Sis," she was told.

"Wow! Really!" This was accompanied by much clapping of her hands.

You know ---- the way little girls do.

The pair of them fell silent, staring at us wide eyed. Damn it, they couldn't have guessed could they? ------ Could they? ---- Could they really.

Anne continued.

"Your Mummy," she said, pointing at Carrie. "And your Daddy," looking over at Mary. "Are going to get married. We're going to be a family."

"Told you Sis," shouted Mary, almost as loud as her sister normally conversed, and the pair of them leapt at us, wrapping themselves round us, till we all fell in a tangled heap on the floor.

Heaps like ours on a floor inevitably deteriorate, and soon enough it turned into a tickling match. Everyone was laughing and giggling, as we all attacked one another, and once the two girls were in no state to notice, I found my hand slipping up inside my future wife's sweater, where I found her beautiful, still naked breasts free and available.

"I love it when you tickle me like that Jim," she whispered huskily.

"Let's make this a family tradition," I suggested.

"YES!" screamed our daughters, hopefully unaware that their Mummy and Daddy were actually doing Mummy and Daddy things.

--------------

FAST FORWARD

One marriage.

One son, now nearly two years old.

Two more best sellers.

One blockbuster film.

One new house.

Lots of loving.

"Careful with Tommy," warned my wife Anne. "He's not a doll you know Carrie."

"OK Mum," came back the reply at full volume. Not much had changed there.

We were strolling arm in arm through the beautiful, well-tended gardens of our Jacobean manor house in Kent, which had been our home for the last three years.

They had been good years.

"Angela would have loved this," she said to me, reflecting on how all our lives had changed since we had first met.

"Maybe she's up there looking down on us," was my suggestion, which was received with a nod of approval by my other half.

"I'd like to think so Jim. I'm sure she'd approve."

Our gardener cum handyman cum best friend saw us, and wandered over to chat.

"The roses are looking wonderful aren't they?" He asked, with the customary smile on his face.

"Yes they are Alf," agreed Anne, looking over at them.

Where are Mary and Garry?" I asked, to be informed that they were in the kitchen helping Tracy with tonight's dinner. It was a Friday, so we were all eating at the Gatehouse cottage that night, and really looking forward as usual to one of Tracy's delicious meals.

We'll have to watch them two in a few years time," added in Tracy as she came out of her cottage front door and joined us. "We'll have a romance on our hands if we're not careful."

"Would that be a bad thing," I asked, knowing the answer, and the other three all shook their heads agreeing that it wouldn't be at all bad as far as they were all concerned.

"Has that new crankshaft for the XK140 turned up yet?" I asked Alf, knowing that he was as keen as I was to get the green beauty back on the road.

"Came yesterday morning," he happily informed me. " I've got the engine all ready to fit it if you fancy giving me a hand."

"You bet," was my enthusiastic comment. "Let's go sort it out."

"Tell Garry where we are when he finishes with his girl friend," Alf shouted over his shoulder to our wives, as the two of us made haste to the garage block.

"Men!" commented Tracy.

"Little boys with their big toys," replied Anne.

They both looked at one another and smiled happily.

The end.

+++++++++

Well, there you are.

Hope you all enjoyed it.

12