All Comments on 'Dominant Species Ch. 29-33'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

so glad to read more of your story. it just gets better and better. truly love it!!!!

txcrackertxcrackerover 7 years ago
First of all We are glad your all right !

First of all We are glad your all right ! And that the surgery went well !

Second this story is a wondrous cliff hanger and I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more <impatiently as usual >, So thank you for taking time in your recovery to think of us <your readers> .

Thirdly GET HEALED AND WELL ! With Luna's help .

Thanks again for a great read !

tx cracker

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you!!

So glad you were able to add to this amazing story. I was very sad when I thought there would be nothing new until next year! I hope you are healing well & that you are back up & at'em soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it.

Great cliffhanger. Glad you are alright and writing again. Looking forward to more of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Whoa .... genocide is so far beyond the pale ...

it makes Marcus' mistake seem insignificant by comparison - as some of the humans he turned did consent.

Alpha Richard is showing he's clearly no longer capable of being Alpha:

1) Marcus is the only doctor for the 5 packs. Without him, who will care for the packs' medical needs?

2) Does Marcus' mistake really deserve a "kill on sight" order?

3) Killing all the turned humans in the town is genocide, pure and simple.

4) Other pack members are clearly uncomfortable with his orders.

5) He won't have a family left as his daughter, Rachel, his son, Reggie, and his wife, Lisa, disagree with him. And his kids definitely don't want their mates killed.

6) The laws Marcus broke are written for "normal" times. The solar storm destroying all electronics and destroying the ozone layer is an extraordinary event. If the laws can't evolve with the pack, then they're a barrier to were society, not a benefit.

----> And as Alpha, isn't Richard's first obligation to his pack, which he's clearly ignoring? (See 4 and 5).

7) I doubt were society alone can solve all the problems caused by the solar storm. The additional skills/labor of humanity will be needed.

Lastly, Alpha Richard can take the opportunity to look forward and be progressive, instead of letting himself be ruled solely by fear and laws that need to evolve in this "new" world.

Let's hope Lisa and children can change Richard's mind, or Reggie or Lisa? will have to challenge Richard for the Alpha role (but I hope it won't come to that, as it will be emotionally devastating for Lisa and especially Reggie, if he kills his Dad).

On a completely unrelated note, hope all is well with you, partwolf, and that your surgery and health issues are getting better. Thanks for some wonderful, entertaining, thoughtful chapters.

luv2read2

partwolfpartwolfover 7 years agoAuthor
Thank you for your concern and kind comments!

The first of three surgeries went well, and in the week I had where I couldn't work or drive I got some stuff done. I'm hoping to write more come the holidays.

OddBall68OddBall68over 7 years ago
Glad your doing well.

Given the current conditions, Abigail should worry for Autumn and her safety. It would be safer, until things get sorted out, if they run with Rachel and Raven. Even Sylvia, Zach and Michelle should be worried. They are not pack and know the secret. It might be a big caravan of people leaving. Any of the pack with converted mates should question if their mates and children could become targets as well under alpha Richard's temporary insanity.

Bethany, Brittany, Cheyenne, Willow, Eric and Derek are going to walk into this mess as they pass through to look for their families.

The 5 packs are going to need to communicate. Runners could carry messages from pack to pack daily maybe. The simplest form of communication i can think of with more ease and speed would be to set up their own telegraph lines between packs. Or ancient field phones or radios. Maybe someone in one of the packs may have squirreled away some old military/cold war gear. It could come in handy to link everyone for support.

Hope things continue to go well for you partwolf. I look forward to more of your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Its amazing Richard has kept his views of humans to himself for this long.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I would like to add a point 8 to the anonymous comment below:

8) With all communications out there is no way to contact the other alphas and change the laws even if they wanted to. Like it or not, every pack, or close packs, will have to make their own decisions.

This is an example of why authoritarian systems suck. As long as the leader makes good decisions they may seem good, but a leader used to yes-men will stop listening to others and you get into situations like this. Happens over and over again in the real world.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES