Don't Be Offended

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her response came quickly 'I know. On a story today. Lunch tomorrow?'

'Can you make it close to where I work?'

'Sure, I'll pick you up out in front of your office building. What time?'

'Noon, straight up.'

'Can't wait. See you tomorrow.'

Her upbeat attitude buoyed my spirits. I tuned in that night to see the story she'd been working on. Alena was the MC at a fundraiser. She knows how to work a room. I set an alarm on my phone to prevent me from missing lunch.

When a cheap older sedan pulled up next to me, with the window inching lower, I started chuckling. Hell, with her being a big time local success, I just assumed it would be some really expensive sports car.

"What's so funny?"

"Your car. I wasn't expecting an older model."

"Yeah, well if you want to make the car payments, I'll upgrade" with her smile never wavering.

"Crank this beater up and let's go have lunch."

"Jerk!" as she squeezed my hand.

After a short drive, I escorted Alena into a deli. It took about ten minutes to get our sandwiches, which I paid for, over her objection.

Alena whined "I suggested lunch, so I should pay."

"No problem. Considering where you could have taken me, I'm getting off cheap."

"Well I was going to pay and wanted to protect my pocketbook."

"And here I thought you big television stars made piles of money."

"Not we beat reporters. We're all hoping to land an anchor job. Those pay tons better than what I'm getting. Unless you wow the public, this is a constant internship."

"My story had to have helped, didn't it?"

"Yeah, my inbox and social media followers have seen a big boost. Enough about me. How are you holding up?"

"Getting by. The emotional swings have taken their toll on my ability to sleep. I'm despondent and cynical about everything now."

"I know it will take time, but, if you find yourself looking for female companionship, I still have very strong feelings for you."

Alena was squeezing my hand when she spoke those words.

"Thanks. You got it right, about taking time. I feel so vulnerable right now. My parents think I need to see a shrink, to help me cope. I'm starting to think that they're right."

Lunch was great. If for no other reason than eating with a friend, it brightened my day considerably.

+ + + +

My parent's counselor did wonders for my ego. The boilerplate reaction, to the discovery of an affair, was exactly how'd I'd been responding. Those that had suffered before me provided the guidance I needed to cope.

Before the divorce was granted, Roxie changed her name, and left the area. Her notoriety must have proven to be too much to overcome. A month later, I was a previously married male.

The text, from Alena, piqued my interest.

'Congrats on divorce. Dinner? My treat. Tell me when. Also, watch in-depth story this Sunday.'

'Sunday night?' was my response.

With NFL Redzone on split screen, I watched the local broadcast which Alena had recommended. Lance Smith, a database hacker geek expert, was the guest. He described the background about computers and databases. It was pretty dry stuff, unless you were also a computer geek. I recognized him as the expert they had gone to in the first days of the sex offender debacle.

'The state recently upgraded their database security and hired my company to put it to the test. Within a week, we were able to show them that we could, had we wanted to, repeat the same breech that had occurred a few months back with the teachers. We presented our findings to the state a week ago. Our proposal to implement better security, submitted previously, had initially been rejected for a cheaper solution. That same proposal has now been accepted.'

Although interesting, I wondered why Alena would want me to watch this.

I really didn't consider this a date, so I wasn't nervous. Alena was simply taking the opportunity to let me know of her availability, right? Her older sedan picked me up at five thirty sharp. She was dressed to impress, and impress she did. She showed a lot of skin, everywhere.

After flirting, drinks, and dinner, we enjoyed some spiked coffees.

"Why did you want me to see that database thing this morning?"

"A couple of reasons. First, it involved your ex-wife's case. And secondly, Lance is my older brother."

"No shit! He certainly handled himself well. It must run in your family."

Blushing "Why thank you sir. Did you know that he had a daughter who was in Roxie's class?"

"Didn't have a clue. Small world."

"When I interviewed you live, you said you wouldn't be upset with whomever was behind the hacking and disclosure. Is that still the case?"

I thought about it before responding. Yes, my life was rocked by it, but it wasn't the disclosure. It was the fact that Roxie was cheating on me. And for what? A thrill like she'd had as a teenager? What a waste.

"I would not be upset."

"This is all hypothetically speaking. I have a little yarn to spin. Let's say that once upon a time there was a young woman who was madly in love. She thought that the love of her life felt the same way. Our heroine, ironically a communications major, did a terrible job of informing said man of her feelings. Then, a deceitful bitch stole him away. Our heroine, her heart in pieces, trudged on with her life. She became a reporter, for a local news station. Since the fall rating sweeps season was coming up, the news station decided to do a piece on workplace romances. Her niece said her teacher was having an affair, it made perfect sense to do a story on that teacher. Her brother was very upset that his daughter had been exposed to such a teacher. He is extremely skilled with computers. When our heroine found out the teacher was the deceitful bitch, she formulated a plan. Her brother, initially reluctant to participate, was shamed, taunted, and mocked until agreeing to implement her plan."

My eyes couldn't have opened any wider.

Alena continued "Hypothetically speaking" with a smirk.

With my eyes still open wide, I mouthed 'Thank you.'

"I still love you" Alena spoke softly with moist eyes.

"Do you think your heroine can reclaim the love of her life?"

"In a perfect world yes, but only time will tell" as she wiped a tear away.

Without any objections from me, Alena led me into her home and bedroom. We'd had sex as youngsters, but her body had developed nicely. She slowly disrobed, and then teased me with light touches and kisses. My fingers toyed with her nipples. Her pussy was already leaking down her leg.

Once I was equally naked, we licked and sucked at each other. She was primed to explode, and loudly she did. I never stood a chance and once she directed her passion towards me, I came quickly. Lying quietly, with our hearts beating loudly, we recovered. This time I found a very tight pussy.

Having never been reclaimed, I was unprepared for the passion Alena draped me with. This was far better than makeup sex. I knew I would be worthless on Monday, so when dawn's early light shown, I called in sick. Alena wasn't so lucky. She had a morning assignment.

We parted in the morning, with the promise to repeat this soon. Soon came just after seven that night.

+ + + +

Epilogue:

Alena and I took our time. There was no reason for a rushed romance. We both knew where it was headed, and didn't want any negative press. What surprised me was how many offers to marry Alena received each week. There are a lot of lonely guys out there. A year and a week after the story broke, Alena and I were married. Her news station milked it pretty good.

For obvious reasons, Lance tends to avoid both Alena and myself. His computer company is thriving.

When Alena announced 'We need to talk', a year later, my heart sank.

"I'm listening."

"I've been offered an anchor position."

"That's awesome! Congratulations! Why the long face?"

"I'd have to relocate."

"No, we'd have to relocate."

"Really? You'd wouldn't mind moving?"

"I can find a job. You have to accept."

So now, Alena is the big fish in a small pond. Her news station followed both of her pregnancies. She is well loved by the community. I don't mind being 'Mr. Wallace' at her parties.

Roxie sends birthday and anniversary cards. All she ever writes is 'I'm sorry!' I have a wife and family, so responding would be inappropriate.

12