Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Anything else, sweeties?" The waitress asked.

"Can I get a cup of ice to go please?" I asked.

She nodded and turned toward the counter. Jamie took that opportunity to put her foot back on my crotch. I jumped as her bare toes gave me a squeeze. She giggled as I moved her foot off me.

"What did you want a cup of ice for?" Jamie asked.

"To try and reduce... swelling." I sighed.

That answered had them both burst out in hysterical fits of laughter so loud that we had everyone in the place staring at us.

"Wish I knew what the joke was," Our waitress remarked as she returned with my cup of ice.

"Our friend here had a... hard day... so we're just trying to lift his spirits so to speak," Jasmine answered her.

I shook my head and Jamie tried not to pee herself while she laughed harder at Jasmine's double entendre loaded sentence.

"Well if you're a big tipper honey, that sure would lift my spirits." The waitress winked at me.

"Feels like he is," Jamie smirked.

"Thanks for the ice," I said louder. "I'll make sure you get a nice tip from these ladies."

"You do that, Jas," Jamie said. "Now where was I, Kenny?"

"Oh no you don't," I told her. "I've got to get out of here before you two get me arrested."

"All right, Kenny, I'll stop." Jamie acquiesced. "Teasing you is just too much fun."

"You and Michelle must be kindred spirits then because she loves to tease me too just not in the way you do. She's more into verbal torture than the physical but I think the two of you would really hit it off," I shared.

"Knowing you like I do, we probably would. I wouldn't have teased you if I had known how serious you've gotten with this girl," She told me.

"We're a long way from serious, Jamie," I told her. "I admit that I would like for us to get there but I guess I just have to wait on her to be ready for that."

"So take some damn initiative and tell this Michelle girl how you feel, Kenny," Jasmine suggested.

"Maybe once this security thing is dealt with I will. With any luck she'll be ready to give me a shot."

"If she doesn't, you just send her our way and we'll... well I'll set her straight," Jasmine said. "Jamie might try and beat her ass."

"I will not!" Jamie exclaimed. "If Kenny likes her, she can't be all that bad. He likes us..."

"Loves you," I corrected her as I carefully placed the cup of ice in my lap so it could start working.

"Right," she nodded. "He loves us so he's a wonderful judge of character."

"I guess you're right about that. Come on Jamie, we should be getting home. The sun will be up in a few hours and you know I like to be asleep before that happens," Jasmine reminded her.

"I need another minute or two," I shared.

Jasmine laughed and Jamie apologized.

"I'm sorry, Kenny, but you know that I just can't help it when I'm around you," She giggled.

"I know you say that, honey, but next time not in a public place. How about that?" I chuckled.

"Deal," She winked.

After another minute I was able to get up without embarrassing myself and paid the check then escorted them out to their car.

"See you ladies later?" I asked.

"You'd better and no more visits to the hospital. We need you to stay in one piece," Jasmine kissed my cheek.

"Who else is going to make us breakfast, lunch or dinner as good as you do?" Jamie joked.

"Oh really nice, Jamie," I shook my head.

"You know I'm just kidding with you." She said then pulled me into a kiss. "Be safe okay?"

"I'll do better, at least I'll try and do better," I promised her.

"You do that or Jas and I will come and kick your ass," Jamie warned me. Right Jas?"

"Right you are," Jasmine nodded. You might think you're a tough guy, Grayson, but we have our ways."

"Your ways scare me, Jas," I smiled at her.

"Jamie's ways should scare you way more," She laughed.

"Oh they do," I nodded.

"My ways do more than scare you, Kenny," Jamie smiled as she glanced down at my crotch. "They excite you. A lot."

I nodded in agreement then waved as I watched them drive off. I reached into my pocket for the slip of paper that Yuri scrawled a name on.

"Gregory McNeill," I grumbled. "You have got to be kidding me!"

McNeill was a Myrtle Beach Private Investigator and all around slime ball. He and I have had our occasional run ins on cases before and the guys arrogance was matched only by his sleaziness.

"That's all I need to have to deal with," I thought as I decided to head back to the estate and put off talking to McNeill until tomorrow. "Maybe I can con Alex into going instead. Those two speak practically the same language."

* * *

Michelle's cell phone started ringing early the next morning.

"Michelle, who is calling you so early?" Addison mumbled as she pushed Michelle toward the edge of the bed then pulled the pillow over her own head to lessen the offending noise.

"I don't know," Michelle answered as she got up from Addison's bed and snatched her phone from her purse. "Hello?"

"Ms. Ripley?" a male voice answered.

"Yes this is Ms. Ripley. Who's calling please?" She asked not recognizing the voice.

"Oh I am sorry my dear, where are my manners this morning? This is Terrance Keller from Carolinas Aquarium," Mr. Keller said.

"Director Keller? Yes sir, how are you this morning, sir?" Michelle greeted him.

"I'm fine and thank you for asking. I'm sorry to call so early but I thought you'd want to know the good news right away. You have been chosen to join the others on the Australian shark expedition," He shared.

"Please don't be kidding with me right now, sir," Michelle stated.

"I assure, Ms. Ripley, I'm not," The older man chuckled. "The board reviewed your work and we are very pleased with what you have accomplished during your brief time with us."

"Thank you, sir, but I don't understand. I haven't graduated. I had to cut my training in Orlando short. How did I manage to get on this year's expedition?" She asked.

"Ah yes that. You needn't worry about that," He assured her. "To be quite honest with you your work has been more exceptional than any of the other graduate students this year so we've worked it out with your university to have this expedition act as your graduate thesis. Then we can welcome you back as Dr. Michelle Ripley."

"That's... that's amazing sir. Thank you so very much!" She enthused.

"And thank you for the stellar work you've been doing for us. I expect nothing less on this trip and when you get back," He said.

"Yes sir, I will do my very best," She assured him.

"I know that you will. We'll send you the itinerary along with your ticket and things. Make sure your passport is up to date," He told her.

"I will, sir, and thank you again," Michelle said then hung up her phone.

A pillow sailed her way when she squealed with excitement but she ducked under it and dived onto Addison's bed.

"I got in! I got in! I got in!" She repeated as she bounced on the bed.

"Michelle, for god's sake, you're acting like a five year old on Christmas morning! What is going on?" Addison asked as she sat up in bed.

"The expedition to Australia," Michelle said. "I got on it!"

"I'm sure I'd be excited if I had any clue as to what the hell you were talking about," She sighed.

"Oh right, you were already gone by then! It's Lissa that knows. Hang on a sec," She grabbed her phone and speed dialed Lissa's number.

After a couple of rings and equally groggy Lissa answered her phone.

"Michelle?" Lissa answered. "What the hell time is it?"

"Early, I know but I just had to call. Lissa, I got it, I got in!" Michelle announced excitedly.

"Got what... oh wait, the Australia thing? Wow, that's great Michelle, I told you that you would!" Lissa stated.

In the background Michelle heard Scott asking what all the commotion was. Lissa explained then Scott was on the phone with her.

"Congratulations Michelle, I'm so proud of you!" He enthused.

"Thank you, Scott! I'm sorry I called so early, I forgot that Lissa was at the hospital," Michelle apologized.

"That's all right, sweetie," He assured her. "Hell, they wake me up to give me something to go to sleep, how off is that? Lis, back off, you had your turn."

"She's my friend, Scott." Lissa argued.

"Mine too now so shush. Michelle, when do you leave?" He asked.

"If I remember correctly from the sign-up sheet, it was around the twentieth. Wow, that's less than two weeks from now." She realized.

"Do you have everything you need?" he asked.

"Yes, because of you and Lissa's suggestion I went ahead and updated my passport when I first signed up for one of the spots. Thank you for that by the way, otherwise I'd be running around crazy," She shared.

"You're doing that now," Addison moaned from her bed.

"Was that Addison?" Lissa asked as she had taken the phone back from Scott.

"Yes, I kind of woke her up in all the excitement," Michelle explained.

"So, you had great news to share," Lissa stated.

"Yeah, I forgot to share it with her before now so she has no idea why I'm acting like a crazy person," Michelle laughed.

"Okay well you go and explain it to her then come by and see us later so I can hug the stuffing out of you," Lissa ordered her.

"I'll do just that," She promised. "Love you, Lis."

"Love you too... yes, Scott,... Scott loves you too he says," Lissa giggled.

"Tell him that I love him too and that I will be by later for those hugs so he had better be ready," Michelle laughed, said her goodbyes and hung up.

"Now will you explain to me what the hell is so exciting about someone that calls you at seven in the morning?" Addison asked.

Michelle explained it to all to her and Addison smiled.

"I'm proud of you too, sweetie," Addison said as she hugged her close. "Congratulations."

"Thank you. I've got like a million things to do to get ready to go. Damn, I need to call my mom and dad to let them know and...," Michelle started to list when Addison chimed in.

"And Kenneth, you should let him know too," She shared and Michelle froze then frowned.

"Damn it," She sighed.

"What's wrong?" Addison asked.

"You had just convinced me to give him a shot and then this happened," She answered.

"Yes, but this is a good thing that's happened, right? I mean you are all kinds of excited about it just a second ago," Addison said.

"It's an amazing thing but now..." She started to answer.

"Now nothing," Addison interrupted. "You're just friends with him which you keep reminding me so just wait and tell him how you feel when you get back from Austin."

"Australia," Michelle corrected. "Addison, this expedition is nine months."

"Nine months!" Addison exclaimed.

"The first couple of months are prepping on land then three months off and on the boat. The last four months are in a lab over there compiling the data to send back," Michelle laid out.

"I'm the one that's supposed to go on extended vacations not you, Michelle!" Addison protested. "I just get back and now I'm losing you for nine months."

"You were gone for that long, Addison. It's not that long," Michelle said.

"It is when I'm losing you," Addison shared. "Will... will this make you happy?"

"I think it will," She said. "I mean I've always wanted to go to Australia and this is a great opportunity for me."

Addison sighed then hugged her.

"Then you go and do it, sweetie. I would say make us proud but you do that every day anyway," She shared.

Michelle hugged her tighter as she fought back tears that threatened to fall from her eyes.

"Michelle, don't get all weepy, because if you cry then I'll cry and I don't want to cry right now," Addison told her.

"No puffy eyes for the party tonight," Michelle giggled. "You go back to sleep for a few hours. I'm going for a swim."

"Deal," Addison says and made a show as she collapsed back into her bed.

Michelle shook her head, grabbed her swimsuit and headed into the bathroom to change but Addison spoke with her eyes closed.

"We're still putting you in a dress that will knock Mr. Grayson's socks off," She shared then looked at Michelle with a smirk. "And maybe more clothing articles if you're lucky."

"Oh just if I'm lucky, huh?" Michelle asked as she slid her pajama pants down then wiggled her pantie clad butt at Addison before she laughed and disappeared into the bathroom.

Addison stared open mouthed at the door as it closed and wondered what had been unleashed in her usually reserved friend.

* * *

I was seated on the beach watching the sunrise over the Atlantic. I had left my shoes by the gate and unbuttoned my shirt to enjoy the cool morning breeze. I heard the gate squeak but didn't look back at it. I knew that it could only be one person at this time of the morning.

"Shouldn't you be asleep right now?" Michelle asked as she approached me. "You could have gone to bed about a half hour ago by my calculations."

"I could have but then I would have missed this beautiful sight," I said with a smile. "The sunrise isn't too bad either."

When she didn't respond I looked back and saw this look of sadness on her face.

"Hey Michelle, I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't start the day off flirting with you like..." I started to say.

"I'm going to Australia." She blurted out.

"What?" I asked.

"Australia. Other side of the world, known for kangaroos, koala bears, wallabies which look to me like kangaroos so I don't know why they have a different name, they say G'day, there's an...," She babbled.

"Michelle, I know what Australia is," I interrupted her. "What do you mean that you're going to Australia?"

She took a minute to explain to me the why, the how and most importantly the when.

"That's awesome, Michelle! They'll be lucky to have you." I said to her as I forced the sadness I felt out of my voice.

"Seriously," She asked.

"You've told me never to lie to you and I'm not. Will I miss you? Definitely but this is a great opportunity for you and you said that it's something that you've always wanted to do," I answered.

"Nine months, Kenny. Did you miss that part of it?" She asked.

"That just means that there will be a lot of morning swims and late night movies that we'll have to catch up on when you come back then," I pointed out.

A relieved smile lights up her face.

"It's a date," She said. "Well a few dates, I suppose."

"Nine months worth starting when you get back. I'll mark it on my calendar," I said. "Are you going for your swim?"

"I was but now I kind of just want to sit here with you for awhile if that's all right?" She asked.

I nodded and she slid over next to me. She laid her head my shoulder so we could both watch the crashing ocean waves. It was a serene moment that we just sat there and quietly enjoyed. After several minutes she broke the silence.

"I want you to have something," She said.

She sat up and reached for her necklace.

"I've worked with sharks and rays now for two years and I haven't been bit once. I kind of feel like this has protected me and now I want you to have to so it can protect you," She pulled the chain from her neck then showed me that it was a shark tooth.

It wasn't the usual shark tooth necklace as this tooth was black indicating its age.

"Michelle, I can't accept..." I started to say.

"You can and you will," She told me as she placed the necklace on me.

She reached down and adjusted it to lay with my dog tags.

"You're the one that needs protection now," She said. "A lot more than I'm going to need it."

"You're going to be swimming in the ocean with Great Whites, Michelle. On purpose. I think you might want to rethink who needs protection," I told her.

"I don't think having one of their ancestors teeth around my neck will endear me to them, do you?" She smiled.

"That's a good point," I agreed. "They are not warm and fuzzy when they're up close."

"You've seen a Great White up close? Like in the ocean," She asked excitedly.

"As close as I ever want to see one without the benefit of being inside one of those cages," I shared.

"Let me guess, your ship blew up." She joked.

"You can't believe everything those guys tell you," I shook my head.

"That means that it did," She smiled.

"Not this time," I sighed. "The time that a ship blew up it was oceanic white tips that got a little too close for comfort.

"Oceanic White tips huh?" She raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm beginning to think that you know a lot more about what's in the ocean than you let on."

"I know a little," I smiled.

"I suppose you do," She said. "Okay, back to the Great White story."

"It was maybe a year ago that I was out on my boat. I didn't have a charter and didn't have a case to work on so I just took a day to just cruise around, fish if wanted or just whatever," I started.

"Reflect on your life?" She asked.

"I wasn't quite that bored," I joked.

"You should know that I've been making Scott tell me a lot of Navy SEAL stories about you guys so I know that's a BS statement." She stated.

"Making him huh?" I asked.

"I'm very persuasive," She told me.

"That you are," I nodded. "So I'm out there drifting when I realize I'm on top of one those old wreaks. It was either The Hyde or The John P Gill, I forget which."

"I dove on the Hyde last summer. Tons of sharks there at the time, it was awesome," She chimed in.

"That should have been my first clue that something was off because there was a stunning lack of sea life around but I guess I was just off in my own world," I said.

"I can relate to that," She said.

"I dove down but I just swam along the outside of the wreak, checked out the coral that had formed on it. Just killing time, you know? I wasn't about to try to solo dive a wreck. Eventually I checked my time and headed for the surface but of course I didn't come up beside my boat or anything," I shared. "It was bobbing about hundred feet away from me. No biggie for me but just then I saw this fin rise up about fifty feet in front of me. Right between me and the boat."

"Did you know from just the fin that it was a White?" She asked.

"No, but the Jaw's music that accompanied it was pretty much a dead giveaway," I joked. "Honestly, I wasn't sure she was a White until I put my mask back on and went under to get a look at her."

"And you know that she was a she," She said. "That's very impressive, Kenny."

"I spent a lot of time reading when I was young. Sharks fascinated me," I admitted.

"That little display here on this very beach a few days ago is looking more and more like a line every minute," She teased.

"I said I read up on sharks, not Box Jellyfish, or... what was the other thing now?" I asked.

"Stonefish," She answered.

"Right, Stonefish. Near Australia aren't they?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I'll be careful," She assured me. "Back to your story."

"She toyed with me for about forty five minutes which felt like days to me as I bobbed there trying to look unappetizing," I shared.

"So not like a SEAL then?" She asked with a barely contained giggle.

"I tried my best," I shook my head.

"Sorry, please continue," She said. "How did she toy with you?"

"She would come in close, maybe fifteen feet away from me, then dive deep until I couldn't see her. Then she would reappear back at the surface. I know this is going to sound dumb but I think she knew what she was doing because she always appeared between me and the boat," I said.

"She did. It's classic predation behavior," She said. "Look at it like a whale and her calf. Your boat was the whale and you were the calf. She had you cut off from what she correctly perceived was your safety."

"Damn, no wonder they picked you for this expedition thing. I didn't think of it like that but it makes a lot of sense especially when she made her charge," I said.