Doomed Dynasty Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh Reece, you are being so lovely to me."

"Please wait, there's more. Think about all of those stimulating conversations we had. We didn't have continuous sex. You even were patient enough to learn how to ride a horse and that is something we're about to take further. And shopping. Who else in the whole world would have be able to talk me into going shopping with her? No one; absolutely no one. You were so creative. Although within two minutes in that jeweller's shop it became obvious that you were playing some sort of game, I was determined to grind it out until you lost your patience, but it was I who cracked."

Reece halted his outburst, surprised at his intensity and swirling emotions, though he was aware he could have been more eloquent.

"It pleases me to know than you don't think that I'm abnormal,' she whispered.

Reece swung his chair sideways and said kindly, "Come here, sweet one. Come sit on my knee. You look as if you need a big soft hug."

Cilla rose, wiped away a tear with her left hand and approached him tentatively. He held out his arms and she darted forward on to his lap. They hugged for a minute, without a word.

Five minutes later they approached a motel.

"You can pull in here if that's what you want."

Reece accelerated the Toyota. He didn't reply because anything he said about not stopping would have been a lie. He was horny, and that was the truth. Being the most sensitive Curtis man to have walked the planet, well, at least the streets of the Miranda River Valley Curtis's or so he thought, Reece made a decision to try to help Cilla through her confidence crisis. He figured she was embarrassed because he was now wealthy. Things would have gotten back to her via Phil and her mother. Ah, so no sex, absolutely no sex, until she came knocking. He was aching to screw the silly bitch but sometimes a man had to do what a man knew he had to do.

"Phil and Samantha are expecting us for dinner tonight. It was Samantha's idea, but I'll take you home first as my mother is so eager to meet you. I've told her very little about you but the fact that you are to be our house guest is enough to spiral her curiosity close to lift-off."

"My mother's probably the same. Have you met my mother?"

"Yes as Miranda's not a big town as you know. I have been to her apartment with Phil a couple of times. Samantha's invited her to dinner also."

"That will be nice. Reece I haven't told you the whole story. Until I got on the plane in Brisbane just before midday, I was ever so happy. I had this visit planned for thirty-two days and ticked each day off on my calendar first thing every morning.

"What a cute thing to do," Reece grinned.

"When I told my mother about you she was pleased that we had hit it off in Queensland. The she said that I should try to hold on to you because you were a very wealthy man. I have to confess that I had thought having an extended relationship with you would be fun, and in fact of therapeutic value to me. But never did I have designs on you, Reece believe me.

"I believe you, utterly."

"Oh, you have no idea what a relief it is to hear that, Reece. I have a habit of panicking when my motives are questioned, even if it's my own mother. I like you because you are fun to be with, and you really did what you call push the right buttons. But at present I'm a little apprehensive about that."

"I know Cilla. I think at after all these years I am beginning to understand some of the complexities that come with emotions. My father was of no assistance to me to cope with my own emotions, let alone to understand his complexities. It wasn't until I left home for university that I slowly began to understand my own father. Until I went to university I had thought of him as a shallow, uncaring bastard. That's what other people sometimes called him. I know they did. But neither his critics nor I were really aware that he lived by his own code, albeit a lopsided code. They didn't know because he didn't talk about his thoughts in that way or boast about his good deeds. I had long discussions with Phil and other fellows about impressions of their fathers and their father-son relationships. To my surprise each one of them seemed to more readily identify flaws rather than their father's strengths. It seems as if sons expect too much from their fathers and that led me to a greater understanding of my own father, which is why we began to get on much better in the final years of his life."

"Oh you poor dear," said Cilla, resting her head on Reece's shoulder.

She was soon asleep, emotionally drained.

Reece carried her out gently, nodding and smiling to people who asked if Cilla was all right and ignoring the bitch behind the counter. The next thing Cilla knew was Reece calling, "We're here."

She awoke to see a winding brick drive leading up through palms to a quite imposing large single storey house, painted grey, with the window frames and doors in view painted dark green. The multiple hip corrugated iron roofing was painted a lighter grey. Beautiful specimen trees were everywhere and some silver birches grew in clumps.

"Stop, please Reece. I have to comb my hair and do my lipstick before you mother sees me."

"All right but it's a waste of time. Mum won't even notice."

"You might have advanced your understanding about fathers Reece but if what you've just said summarises your understanding of mothers then you have a lot more to learn."

Courtney greeted them smiling. "Hello my dear. You must to Cilla. How beautiful you look. Welcome to our home on the hill."

"Thank you for your kind welcome Mrs Curtis. You look prettier than how Reece described you to me, and I thought he was exaggerating."

Reece looked pained. "Ladies, can you please stop this ego massaging and come inside for a drink and really get to know each other."

After pouring a gin for his mother, a Bloody Mary for Cilla and a glass of dry white wine for himself, Reece lifted his glass and toasted "To two beautiful ladies."

"You're looking all togged up this evening mom," he observed. "Going out somewhere or is it just to impress Cilla?

"Samantha phoned this afternoon and invited me to her dinner party."

Alarm bells began ringing. Reece thought bloody Samantha, trying to stitch him up again. This so-called dinner party was beginning to sound like a pre-nuptials gathering. When Courtney went off to answer the phone he warned Cilla about his suspicions.

"I was coming to that same conclusion," she said. "Aren't they sweet. Should we tell them that to date our primary mutual interest has been screwing?"

"Glad you mentioned that. Mum had put you in my bedroom. But after our discussion at the airport I think I shall sleep in the study tonight. Just give me a nudge when you feel ready to have me in your bed again."

"That's sweet of you."

"What's sweet of Reece?" asked Courtney, sweeping into the room in her long gown and looking anxiously at her watch and saying Reece's grandmother was not due home for another three days so she'd take a minute to call her.

"Reece has volunteered to sleep in the study tonight, giving me his bed."

"Y-e-e-s, that is a gallant gesture indeed," replied Courtney, thinking they must have had a row. "You two had better rush and get changed, it's almost 7 o'clock."

Reece said, "Mum people eat later these days at dinner parties. Besides, we three are guests of honour, so they'll have to wait for us."

"Another drink Cilla?" he asked, turning towards her. But she'd already gone, apparently thinking it best to do what her hostess had asked.

They arrived at the Crowns' home, and found several vehicles parked in the driveway and on the lawn.

"False alarm, it's not the witch's match-making party. She's asked outsiders, probably some of you old buddies," whispered Reece. "It is okay for Alice to meet her ex?"

"Yes I think so. They have maintained a civil relationship."

Phil came bounded up to Reece as he was getting out of the car. Samantha was right behind him and she was kissing her sister-in-law while Courtney waited patiently, knowing that she should have been greeted first.

"Bloody noisy inside, Phil sighed. "Apart from mum, dad and our real mum it's almost a primary school reunion. Sammy got it into her head to make this a welcome home party for Cilla. Are you two about to announce your engagement?"

"Ha ha. I scarcely know your sister."

"It's not my impression," Phil grinned. "Go in an grab a drink while I take some of the lipstick off these two lovely guests."

Walking into the lounge Reece was greeted by a woman in an overly tight white dress. Her long black hair was swept up behind her head and held with a large gold comb. Her blue eyes were emphasised by false eyelashes, but he recognised her.

"Hullo Alice. You're looking lovely as ever."

"Hmmm. I can see why my daughter has come to see you Reece."

Reece whispered in her ear. "Alice to be frank, I've been intimate with your daughter. It is not a state secret."

She appeared unimpressed..

"Hi Reece," called several people.

He waved, and told Alice he'd catch up later. He could see Phil's father Benton was approaching with a younger woman in tow.

Reece was introduced by Cilla to Phil's father and Nina, wife number two.

"So you're Mr Big that Samantha told us she was putting this function on for your and your fiancée?"

"Not quite Nina. One has to propose and have that accepted in order to acquire a fiancée. Cilla and I and are just ...er ... good friends."

"Really?"

Reece made a bid to change the subject. "Do I detect an Australian accent, Noosa perhaps?"

"Close Surfers Paradise in fact. I picked her up in a bar... best lap dancer I've ever had squashing my jewels," Benton said straight-faced.

"Close but not quite," Nina smiled. "He did pick me up but at the casino."

"I got her motor running so hot that she followed me back here and married me."

Nina smiled. "I must say Benton is brilliant at foreplay. I'm thinking of writing a book on the subject of changing sexual techniques, but need to interview a range of people. Are you interested in talking to me and perhaps demonstrating using the partner of your choice?"

"I ... um ... Oh hullo Samantha?"

Samantha kissed him again and asked why he looked so flushed. Reece thought he shouldn't answer but made the mistake of glancing at Nina.

"Ah-ha. Dr Nina Ford-Crown has been talking to you about her proposed book. Well, you've picked a good one here Nina. If what Phil has told me is true, Reece is an absolute master at rejuvenating a woman's flagging libido, isn't that true Reece?"

But Reece was no longer there; he was at the end of the room with Cilla dealing with strangers who claimed to be his former classmates or former classmates of Cilla.

"You must remember me, I was in Cilla's class, two years behind you and Phil?"

Reece thought talking to total strangers was a pain and who on earth would remember people two classes back at school? He'd probably had never known them. He'd be better off talking to the wacky Dr Nina again. But Alice arrived from nowhere and took Reece's arm and led him into a corner. The fragrances of her Oriental perfume and the tang of juniper from several gins emitted from her.

She said, "Now tell me about your adventures with my daughter north of Noosa. I want a blow by blow description."

Reece thought, what's wrong with these people; they have sex on the brain.

He was saved again, this time by the dinner gong.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please take your seats for dinner. You'll see nametags attached to piece of carrot. Stragglers will miss the lap dancing, performed tonight by Nina, assisted by her two trainees, Samantha and Cilla."

Wine corks began popping, and a boisterous dinner party was underway.

Several guests jumped to their feet and made impromptu speeches about incidents when they were at school with Phil or Cilla. Reece had no memory of any such incidents. He comforted himself by thinking he must have gone to another school,

Sadly for the womenfolk, there was no lap-dancing. They had been interested to see for themselves what all the fuss was about. However Alice, Samantha and Cilla were first up for Karaoke. They were quite good but Nina proved to be the one with a great singing voice.

Towards the end of the evening Nina was invited to sing, accompanied by Samantha on her grand piano. She warmed up on 'Night and Day' and then wowed her audience with 'Mood Indigo'. Of the wolf whistles urging an encore, Reece's was the loudest.

Dr Nina wacky? Reece decided certainly no, just a complex character. Despite his growing alcoholic haze, he reasoned that perhaps he did need to learn more about women.

A phone blaring next morning awoke Reece shortly after 10.35. As he reached for the hand-piece he felt a pang of disappointment, half-expecting to find Cilla beside him.

"Hello," he grunted.

"Have I woken you?" asked Phil in disbelief.

"Nah," Reece lied. "Just got back in from the farm but have a cracked head from all of that foul wine I drank at your place last night."

"The day you stop drinking labels such as Cellar Delight is the day that I'll personally escort you through a journey of discovery at the establishment of my vintner in Wellington."

Taking a second to gather his thoughts, Reece replied, "I would welcome that opportunity my friend but only if by then you can correctly distinguish the difference between Mount Aspiring bottled spring water and weasel's piss. Now why are you phoning so late in the day?"

Phil told him that the president, vice-president and secretary of the Town & Country Club wished to meet the mystery person who wanted to buy the clubrooms. The offer definitely interested them.

"You can remain anonymous if you wish. I can conduct negotiations as your nominee."

"No now my offer's on the table I will meet them, but I would like you there with me. Do you do freebies by any chance?"

"I'll go with you as a friend, but going as a legal adviser will cost you."

"Just testing. I wish to retain you, at mate's rates of course. Could you see if they can meet us at 6:00? We can book in for a game of badminton beforehand... may as well use the facilities as they won't be left standing for long."

"Aren't you getting a little bit cocky thinking like that?"

"Perhaps, but apart from my time in background investigation and your uncharitably high fees, I've little to lose and very much to gain."

Phil said that the rules required any major decision involving the finances and well-being of the club in such a proposal to be debated at a special meeting of the club, with full documentation available for members to peruse before that meeting, and then the proposal had to be voted on by all members, with a simple majority required to pass any motion except dissolution of the club when a two-thirds majority of the current membership was required.

"I was aware of that, but when would members vote?"

"At the first special general meeting or at any other time as that meeting may decide."

Reece was wondering how he could exert pressure for an early vote when Phil said he had an interesting point for discussion.

"The rules have not been updated in recent years, which is rather lax. There is no rule that states that the vote must take place on the floor of the special general meeting, or that it shall be a postal vote."

"That is interesting. What do you advise?"

"Try to ensure that the voting takes place at a meeting because there you'd have had the opportunity to sway members uncertain of whether to vote for or against the recommendation of the board."

"Good thinking. Could you get back to them to see if 6:00 is okay for tonight or any other night this week?"

The phone rang thirty minutes later when Reece was at the breakfast table in the company of two bleary-eyed women.

"Thanks Phil and 5.15 is okay for the court and that gives us time to shower and put on our make-up."

"You've got somebody listening to you?"

"Yes Phil and looking very puzzled I must say. Cheers."

Reece looked up and found his mother and Cilla looking at him strangely.

It was Courtney who broke. "Y-o-u wear make-up?"

"It's just a joke. I knew you were listening. I was talking to Phil."

"Oh Phil," said Courtney, much relieved. "He wouldn't wear make up."

Reece was tempted to wipe that honey smile off her face by telling her about the time at university when he and Phil and a couple of mates had plastered their faces with makeup. They wore wigs and colourful women's clothing and gatecrashed a university women's party that had a lesbian theme. But she had a lovely image of Phil, so let her retain it.

Reece and Phil went to the upper floor where meeting rooms and a large area with bar used for smaller social events were located. Phil rang the bell at reception and secretary Standish Mains came through the door marked private. His eyes grew enormously behind his bi-focals when he spotted who the mystery buyer was.

"Back in a minute," called Standish, as he slammed the door in the rush to report his finding to the club president.

"Welcome boys," boomed burly Ian Briggs, a firewood and coal merchant who was one of the worst snooker players in his age group. His five members of the committee greeted Reece and Phil.

Addressing Reece, he said: "So you wish to push us out of our clubrooms?"

"Yes," said Reece, looking around the room and at the ceiling, "before this well-expired structure collapses to the ground."

Irene Harris, owner of Harris Building Supplies and Maintenance Ltd said, "True, this old girl has seen better times, but we have a larger allocation in the budget this year for maintenance so what's the problem?"

Without looking at any notes or reports, Reece replied that the $2800 allocated would mostly go on repairs to walls and roof leaks and painting and wallpapering the main entry and reception area. "I'm also aware that two of the three major beams over the underground car park are cracked and that the lift has already been granted two extensions to allow continued use under reduced loadings but that that it cannot be used beyond June 30 next year."

"Yes but we have $1900 in our lift refurbishment fund," commented the secretary.

Reece smiled. "Well Standish, I suggest that kitty is a little short of cash, perhaps short of $28,000. It will cost you around $30,000 to have that lift rebuilt. If you have no lift up to the clubrooms you can say goodbye to most of our senior members."

"Who gave you that figure?" demanded Irene, who chaired the house and maintenance subcommittee.

Reece shrugged. "It's simply a ballpark figure. Whatever they quote you there will be major cost over-runs, I tell you this to avoid getting a nasty bill that collapses the club, not the building."

"We will not be pressured into agreeing to your proposal, Reece," boomed Ian.

"I wouldn't dream of doing that Mr President."

Phil sucked in his breath, admiring the laid-back skill of his friend who was demolishing the resistance of the aggressive trio.

"Ian perhaps this is a good time for my client to put his cards on the table?" Phil suggested diplomatically.

Ian, who had been preparing to tell smart-arse Curtis to shove off, hesitated. "Very well, let's hear it but we want only to hear facts."

"In a nutshell, this building is worth nothing. But the site is valuable, very valuable in fact. That's why my offer is pitched generously above the current value of the land. My proposal is to demolish the building and build a replacement that will fit the requirements of its cornerstone tenants, but everything hinges on what options this club accepts."

"And what options are those, Mr Curtis... I mean Reece?" asked the president.

"Option 0ne, the club shifts to permanent premises in the old cheese factory."