All Comments on 'Door Number Three'

by man_as_dog

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Evidently Bev is a slow learner.

woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 month ago

Well i found it funny as fuck

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Should have been titled "How to open a can of whoop-ass on your wife".

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sorry but Blood from a Turnip (all three parts) was a much better story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

What a cunt! Guess she never met her grandson, huh? The MC was one weak wimp though.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Gotta give her credit. She was a total miserable bitch to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"I made lemonade and cookies".... Seriously?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dumb to deliver the shoebox with money.

jopstorm1945

RimmerdalRimmerdal11 months ago

Well I was going to go with three *s. But that last part about not reading comments and literacy and rational thought. Knocked it down.

If you diss on the comments just check the box for no voting and no comments.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Not a bad story, albeit dark and tradgic.

Bev was not only sick but selfish and cruel; whoring out her own daughter?

Technical. No point in releasing the pistol safety if it's not chambered.

I rather doubt that he'd extend the olive branch as far as he did. Just giving her the money would have more than enough. Also, rather far fetched that her daughter would let her mother within a country mile of her family.

These types of issues make the story somewhat discordant, which is something I note if the story flow is disrupted.

I do understand your view on the comments. I'd totally disregard the hateful ones. That said I have often seen very good suggestions for improvement. Perhaps reconsider in the interest of improving your writing.

Just some thoughts.

Norseman123Norseman123about 1 year ago

I like your closing remark.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 1 year ago

So lemme get this straight.... he's the one that's cruel?

SleeplessinMD4SleeplessinMD4about 1 year ago

The ending was just wrong. If Bev hated him and blamed him for her life being ruined it was a mistake to invite her to his home. It was stupid to ask her whether she thought he was weak because she definitely treated like a loser.

I did feel like she got caught in downward spiral of her own making Let's face it she thought that she had Jack trapped until she ended up with no one but Sly (that is why she felt she had to pimp out her daughter). I do not feel sorry for her but I can understand how she thought that Jack should have just rolled over for her..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I kind of liked the story, but I'm not sure how it would have worked out in real life. I feel like the wife once she hooked up with Sly became a submissive, and didn't care about anything including trying to pimp her daughter out to her lover. It wasn't until we got the back story that we found out that she had been cheating on him before and was very arrogant about it. She decided he was weak and took over the marriage, and disrespected him. She really became entitled then and her narcissistic tendencies came pouring out. I too felt the ending was wrong, in that he could have left the shoe box with his lawyer, and had her come to his office to get it instead. Maybe he just wanted to see how bad /old she got from spending 3 years in prison might have been why he wanted to see her. I bet she ate a lot of pussy in the joint that first year.

This was a really "dark" story, and I'm not sure how it fits into the Loving Wives forum, other than they were married for 20 years before she left.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had some problems with the flow of the story. It seemed fragmented. A closer reading by the author might help. Just saying!

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

A fairly realistic story about a cheating wife. He let her go a ways too far, but she did go ahead and hang herself. So, I guess that worked out OK . As far as ol'Sylvester was concerned; I would have dealt with him personally when he came after me. All of the doubters on here live in a different reality than some of us. Some of us would and could handle a bottom feeding thug like Syl ... Life goes on ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was weak! He was much kinder than he could have been, and she considered him to be cruel?!? He should have shot them both!

ZK

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 1 year ago

A gun that sits in a drawer or in the car is just an expensive paperweight. If you're going to have one, you should have it on you - especially if you fear for your life.

And I honestly don't see how Jack could have felt any remorse for the woman that tried to kill him. I don't see how Patty could forgive her mother for trying to pimp her out.

It's not like Bev was doing drugs or out of her mind - everything in the story makes us believe she is doing all of this of her own cognizance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The reason he had her come to the house for the shoe box of cash was because it was important to him to hear her admit that she no longer thought of him as weak. Of course, his need to hear that is pretty weak.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Well aren't we the regressive pathetic misogynistic. Women can't lead a relationship without being cruel and abusive? You make saddletramp seem normal

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witchalmost 2 years ago

She still didnt take responsibility for her actions

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Okay story but I'm still not sure why he contacted a woman that tried to kill him and gave her the money filled shoebox. She continues to ruin his life and make him not trust other women to this day.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

She thinks he's cruel and destroyed her life? 50 years old, 3 years in prison, living in a halfway house and she still hasn't learned to take responsibility for her own actions.

Boardman68Boardman68about 2 years ago

Good story. I enjoyed reading it. I didn't expect that the author would end the story with the husband contacting his cheating, criminal ex-wife after her 3 year prison term. I get that the shoe box was her inheritance and could or should be hers. But he could have had the money (shoebox) delivered to her with him getting personally involved. Instead he agrees to meeting her, not at some public (safe) location but at his home where they lived the majority of their (unhappy) married life. Apparently for the purpose of giving her the shoebox of money & to let her know that he has forgiven her. (If he had recognized earlier on what was causing her bitter, bitchy behavior, things could have ended different). What???

Three years earlier after filing for divorce she tries to break in to his house; then, she beats his car to death with a hammer, both incidents result in her having a police record. Next,, she convinces her boyfriend, Sly, or at least goes along with him physically attacking her husband as he is coming home from work. That doesn't work, so next Sly & Beverly both in Sly's truck, try to run him off the road or into a bridge. So, now Beverly is involved or participating in an physical assault followed by attempted murder of her husband. Oh, & he finds out shortly after that Beverly tries to pimp their daughter out to Sly! All in a 3+ year period of time.

In spite of all that, he invites her over to the house to get the shoebox & tell her that he forgives her. He is lucky she did murder him as soon as she got the shoebox. Beverly, even after prison time, has no remorse, no forgiveness, and worst of all, no sign of a conscience.

And then based on her expressed hatred as she is walking out the door, he would do well to continue to fear for his life.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

I know she comes off as entitled, but I think she has low self-esteem and the entitlement is her way to try to feel important. Sad woman. She would never be happy.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

A great story where the husband gets the best of his cheating wife.

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Reread it and I still hate the ending. And because the author doesn't care about points, here's 1 star for you!

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Wimped out ending, happens far too often with you writers. And who are you bullshitting? You read every response on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I didn't even get through the first page. The male protag in this story is scum. The wife inherits money and he steals it from her? I didn't read on so maybe he made amends, I don't know but from what I read, he's no better than she is.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I pretty much agree with the comments by Dlh143. The author’s note at the end of the story just soured me on the whole tale.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

"Okay, Jack, so you know. I would have preferred to do this differently, but we might as well get this over with. Jack, you have two options. You can salvage what's left of this marriage by going along with the program, or you can choose to have me divorce you and clean you out. What's it gonna be?

Wow sooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking original I gladly stopped right there. If thats the best someone can do that quick in a story, it tells me that "lazy" is their writing MO.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

We open with:

'Beverly walked in the front door'

And, moments later:

'at which point I closed the door and engaged the new locks'

Sure her name isn't Houdini?

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

A great story that I gave 1 star to because the author is an arrogant asswipe.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobabout 3 years ago
Enjoyed the story

I agree with lee. Stupid cow ruined her own life and still blames her ex husband. I think there is little hope for her.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

I think he became weak by attempting to help her know her granddaughter and giving her back the slut money she took from him. 1 star for the shitty ending.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

What prompted him to marry that witch? He had to have some inkling she had those tendencies. And she still blames him for her situation. Pity.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

Luckily the wife did not end up turning the child. He was weak . No doubt about it.

lee5456lee5456almost 4 years ago
What a sick twisted bitch

Stupid cow fucked up her own life

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Up there with the best of Vandemonium1

Vandy has a knack for finding an elegant third option to most no-win situations, and I think he'd enjoy this story. You, too, if you like his stories!

cabbage01132cabbage01132about 4 years ago

good 5*

"but yes you are weak" she grinned and waved the box in the air as she left.

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 4 years ago
Good a 5

Obvious reply at the end: "And I dislike you. You are stupid. And you ruined your own life trying to ruin mine. You forced me to act cruel. It is the only thing you understand. But I was never so cruel as to try and pimp my daughter out to your "bad-ass" boyfriend. You did that. How'd that all work out for you, stupid, stupid woman?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
SECOND TIME THROUGH....

Still loved it except for Jack calling her and giving back the money. All that would have gone into the down payment on the daughter's house. And unless the daughter asked me to connect her with the bitch who tried to pimp her out, I would never broach the subject of contacting her. For Jack to even suggest it seems like a very insensitive thing to do.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Very good story

Well written good story. Well planned and laid out. Wow we have some really hard readers here. He beat her at every turn and pounded her in the ground. She was bad news. Jack just happens to be an okay guy and had to do away with the hate. He is a better man for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Really!

There should have been no forgiveness at all.

cybojicybojiabout 5 years ago
I liked the end

Satisfaction. She wrecked the marriage, she tried to kill him, she tried to pimp her daughter. Come to think of it....she did get off easy. Ok, I like the shredded newspaper idea....lol

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 5 years ago
It was a decent story until the last paragraph

He wussed out as he did during the entire marriage.

She won, she beat him and always will.

She went to jail but kept the "Power" over him that she always had including him giving her the money and never able to move on with his life and another relationship.

The woman tried to PIMP their daughter out but he still HAD TO contact her and then gave her thousands of dollars that if he didn't want, could have gone to the daughter/grandchild.

It was a very "Expensive" way for his Ex to tell him to "F*ck Off" AGAIN.

I am willing to bet the author didn't plan that sort of scenario but for whatever personal characteristics in his personality, wrote the story to be like that. The wife lied to him the last sentence, he WAS/IS Weak, he just happened to be a Sneaky Cuck, that's it. She lied to him, got her money and doesn't have to see/deal with him ever again unless she wants to abuse or take advantage of him some more.

Cuck boy all but pleaded for her to take him back LOL. Gross.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Bravo

Creative and well written, unlike most of what gets posted to LW. Easy 5

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 5 years ago
IMO

I prefer the additional ending by anonymous 2/04/19. A box of shredded newspaper . But, why would you bother with that piece of human waste again , anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Why

Why as she ruled the roost would she divorce him,unleashed had forced her hand.?Also where on a Sunday is she going to find a solicitor ,let alone one who would have him served the very next day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Plot twist

"I hate you. You're cruel, and you destroyed my life." She paused. "But I don't think you're weak."

And then she was gone.

An hour later I revived a call

"You son of a bitch," She yelled. "There is nothing but newspaper in this box"

I sometimes wonder how long she spent creaming into her phone before she realized I had hung up on her

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Another good.one

Great story of a deranged whore digging her own grave. No way she.should have received the.money. He ruined.her life? Definitely not weak.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
LET ME THINK.....

would I have given that cheating, murdering slut the shoe box? HELL NO!!! I would have given every last cent to my daughter. I would consider her mother dead and she would have been the inheritor of the cash anyway. How in the world do you forgive someone for disrespecting and happily cuckolding you for years and then trying to end your life? No fucking way that happens.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
She’s nuts

Great ending. She still wouldn’t extend the courtesy of thanking him for returning the shoe box, or offering to help with their daughter. He didn’t ruin her life, she decided to break into the house; destroyed his car; and went with a psycho felon. Plus she tried to hide as many cash as possible from community property to get more in the divorce. She did everything she’s could to fuck him over.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good ending!

Still blaming her ex. That was good!

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 5 years ago
Do you still think I'm weak, Bev?"

strutting out of the door hips swaying, shoe box held high in her left hand and index finger raised on her right "YES CUCKY" she laughed.

5* story but if your gonna btb piss on the ashes afterwards.

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
dick in a box

I know I've commented before, either as black or blue anonymous. But I love this story. It's everything that hasn't happened, and everything I wish it could have. I

Fuck it, the murder plot really is ridiculous, and it's not left alone, but brought up in the courtroom, "yeah, I think I can eventually forgive her for attempted murder." That's comedy by context, no dramatization needed. But it sure seems the sentence along with felony property damage and breaking and almost entering is a bit light. But hey, what lawyer would read or write here? Oh, sorry, you there in the back. It was just a comment, it didn't mean anything.

Some people say these stories are sick. Some people say the earth is flat. Fantasy. Reality. You as authors have a responsibility to these readers....psych.

Be safe. Wear a condom. Check first for rape condoms. Keep video records, and a GPS log of where you go. And always have enough cash for a retainer and 25 extra hours. Any disrespect is an immediate trip out the door, and out the life, except for family teenagers who have matured since. Staying for the kids is selfish, shortsighted, and utterly destructive. It's better to be drowned than live in such a family. It's worse than fucking your child and giving them HIV. Oh for the people that don't value human life, it's better to choose to save an infant from a burning house than a pet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Darune

I loved her last line

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 6 years ago
Hmm

Delusional and deranged bitch to the end.

Somewhat entertaining I suppose.

ohyessssssohyessssssabout 6 years ago
You asked

He asked his ex if she thought he was still weak. Considering she was complicit in the attempt to murder him, AND in the attempt to pimp out her own daughter, her response, in my opinion, should have been to hold up the box and say, “yes”.

jharpjharpabout 6 years ago

Fairly good read. I wouldn't have reached out like he did but I certainly can't fault a man who does. I'm a vindictive asshole, so that's just me. Still, his victory was damn near total so he could afford to gracious. I still don't get her anger and bitterness in the end. She well made the situation she found herself in. Guess she never truly learned her lesson.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Bitch

destroyed her own life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yep

weak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
STUPID CUNT HASN'T LEARNED SHIT.

HE was an unadulterated asshole for giving her that money because she DID steal THOUSANDS from their marriage AND she fucked who knows how many other men while making the life of the husband that she was cheating on miserable.

I gave the story four stars but the author should leave some logical explanation for why the FUCK he had the cheated on husband give his ex failed murderess that box of money. All that did was make the husband (and the author) look S-T-U-P-I-D.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
1 star

Would of kept the money and been happy seeing her work a street corner.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
He saved her life

Sly would have killed or crippled her after some time. She did time but she is alive. She may even get to see her grandchild someday. She didn't deserve any of the good things only the bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I think it need's a sequel, about 20ish years in the future.

I think it needs a sequel. Something about them being in their late 60's/early 70's where they see the grand daughter being married, and a bit of a truce is formed. I could see them getting back together even- because as some wag once said "Sometimes your enemy knows you better than your friends do".

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Riiight. The author doesn’t read comments on his stories. And he has a low opinion of other people’s literacy proficiency. And yet, he posts THIS story here, on Literotica. One of the most widely read short-story sites on the internet, or in fact, in the world. Damn. what an ego this guy must have. Oh yeah, the story? 3 stars, at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wait...wait...wait...

SHE hates HIM? HE ruined HER life? Man, she can go fuck herself with an electric eel!

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Over the top

I can see getting evidence to make things go.your way but to set her up for prison is overboard. I would have showed evidence to the court and walked away. Taking a chance of killing the mother of your daughter and canceling insurance was a large risk. Both need serious counciling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5!! HEY ANNONY

Wake your dog and suck his cock and leave these stories to the adults on here who can tell the difference between real and fiction!!

networkgurunetworkgurualmost 7 years ago
Couldn't even finish this

Although I like a lot of cheating stories this one was so borderline stupid I just stopped reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
My absolute favorite part...

...was the author's note at the very end.

UnintendedConsequencesUnintendedConsequencesalmost 7 years ago
I Liked It Just Fine.

After he realized what the game was, he gave as good as he got. Marquis of Queensberry Rules have no place in the kind of no holds barred knife fight like his wife was going for.

As some now nameless Marine Corps DI once said, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, there's something seriously wrong with your tactics."

notredame43notredame43about 7 years ago
decent story ..... till the end

sad thing is a sociopathic narcissitic bitch like this does exist . as for the ex and daughter they're well rid of her

phil2213phil2213about 7 years ago
It was an extremely bad ending to a great story

If anything the protagonist should've handed Beverly a box with a bomb in it not money. Where's the compensation for the disrespect??? I felt it was a five star story til the very end. Being nice to a bad person is a great gesture and I respect it, but not in a story that is totally fiction.

gldngolfergldngolferabout 7 years ago
She said he was cruel?

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? The bitch tried to kill her husband and he's cruel?

He should have kept the money!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 7 years ago
That's all he wanted to hear

He wasn't looking for any more from her but respect. After everything that happened she cannot accept any responsibility. I wouldn't have encouraged her to be involved in the grandchild's life. She is toxic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
""I hate you. "You're cruel, and you destroyed my life." She paused. "But I don't think you're weak."

Waaaaaaa

The poor Beverly bitch is all mad. Clearly she's projecting what Sly is/did onto her ex-husband.

But she did get the part about her ex not being weak right.

Old_biker_dudeOld_biker_dudeover 7 years ago
At least he was not a seal or CIA operative

I thought in the beginning he was going to be one or the other but just lucky.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
lest see she destroyed his life, and expected him not to destroy hers?

the woman is one egocentric maniac

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

still too nice to her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

nope, not weak. just a wimp and a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good Story

But he really shouldn't have given her back the money.

Vito1960Vito1960about 8 years ago
Good read!

This actually made me smile! Too bad Bev was broken from the start, but that's no excuse for her actions!

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
5

just to piss off the asshole of LIT, dear annony and to offset his dumbass 1 score. Ojh and when he tells you he hates the story you can be sure he loves it.

phil2213phil2213about 8 years ago
Please....give her money????

The fact that she betrayed him is bad. The fact Beverly was a serial cheater is worse....The fact that Beverly and Sly attempted murder is off the map. If anything could make this husband any wimpier ....giving her the shoe box full of money is beyond annoying at best. I couldn't get past the smell test of the last few paragraphs.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Stupid woman

She destroyed her own life. But she won't take responsibility for it. So she'll likely repeat it.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
AND AFTER EVERYTHING IS OVER

she hasn't learned a thing. TK U MLJ LV NV

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
Yes, he did let her off too easy

I could see him deciding not to take all the money as part of his decision to let go of his anger and hate. But he was still entitled to half of the money from her salary and bonuses that she siphoned off into her secret account and half of the money in the shoebox. And all the damage she did by breaking into the home and vandalizing her car should have come from her half of the marital assets as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
meh

he wimped out in the end... and she was evil to the very end. she deserved more suffering.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Why this story is in my favorites. ..

The author NAILED on how a fundamentally unbalanced person will up the ante without a second thought as to long term consequence. All they understand is they MUST win regardless of ensuing metaphorical and literal carnage. Yet the narrator aportions himself a slice of the blame, for not checking the one-sided, dysfunctional dynamic early in the game.

He gave back the money box, because not to would have placed his core integrity at her level . man_as_dog is one of the most talented and yet under appreciated writers in in the dicey realm of Literotica, without doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fucking drivel

Load of shit husband would have gotten half of everything no less and no more. Seriously way out of wack here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
A Good one.

Its been a while since I read a story nearer to life.

Thanks

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
"I hate you. You're cruel, and you destroyed my life." She paused. "But I don't think you're weak."

In his position, I could definitely live with that.

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Wha?

I guess she didn't learn anything is jail! He was cruel? He destroyed her life? His mistake was offering to let her back into the family's life. She is a selfish POS and a bad influence. She chose her path through a thousand bad decisions. That is on her.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
Only problem I have with this

Is his theory on male/female relationships. She was a bitch, and for many years he was a wimp and let her get away with it, but that was all the two of them. Telling his daughter than male dominant relationships relationships can work out ok but that equal partnerships don't work and that female dominant ones are "against human nature" and will inevitably become disrespectful bitch/wimp disasters was just his way of making himself feel better about his poor choice of a mate and his lack of a backbone.

sinsational83sinsational83about 9 years ago
another good one

Yup you have another good story here. Once again the underdog came out on top. however if I were the poor husband I don't think I would have given her maybe a thousand bucks of that money and let her suffer for the rest of it. The bitch deserved nothing at all. Fuck having a soft heart after what she did.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
I might have given her a few thousand.

After how she treated him and tried to get their daughter raped she did not DESERVE any consideration. None at all. If he felt guilty he might have given her a few thousand, only. She was a real BITCH and deserved nothing!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
possibly the wrong word

He used the word forgive to describe letting go of animosity toward her.

What he was doing was simply not carrying a grudge, not burdening himself with negative feelings about her.

More like what you do when someone that has harmed you dies, no point holding on to the anger after that.

Beverly should probably not hold her breath waiting on Patty to welcome her back into her life, most likely she has not let go of her anger over the attempt to pimp her yet.

Also she has a child to protect now.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
Arf

You ended up barking up the wrong tree. Still pretty good.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous