All Comments on 'Dory Ch. 02'

by cloacas

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
excellent

a good story follow up.

mind you, she seems a bit aphasic or autistic in the way she behaves. learned behavior is quite flexible, like going out and ignoring people - not being rigorously into a male dominated mind set, be learning to treat people differently.

but who knows with her?

GhostbearGhostbearalmost 19 years ago
Liked both chapters

Very good writing. I hope you post more of the same. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
really original

unlike anything else I've read in "Loving Wives". Beautifully written, like all of this writer's work, and full of genuine affection. It's great!

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
I cried happily

Man, you even made me cry. Tssss. You put every thing here: the growing love, the shifts from vulnerability to trust and the resulting growth of the characters themselves. You can sense how love heals them all like water and sun to a plant.

One can get very addicted to this kind of quality - and than what?

Keep your wonderful sensitive writing, and keep it coming! (soon?)

Thank you.

fregenfregenover 18 years ago
Quite Unique!

And a wonderful story. Thoroughly enjoyed both chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Definitely Good

I enjoyed both chapters and look for more.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 18 years ago
Creative and Different...very good

Thanks for your story - is a refereshing read. Creative and funny.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
Great

I liked it too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great series

i love both chapters. well-written and really liked the characters.

thanks

ReduxBlueReduxBluealmost 17 years ago
Amazing

What a story! You must have looked up a website (for worlds most awful name for a child) to come up with Dory's horrible moniker. This is a pair of very strange mates, but I think I like them a whole lot. The interlude with Claire was wonderful and I could really see her doing it. I would love to learn even more about these characters, but someone should whack the guy real hard for the names he's choosing. I know it's all in jest, but come on, do you really think Dora would put up with that foolishness (grin)?

Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
good

very new kind of story. well appreciated. very good. seems very real.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
So Beautiful

Having Dory is a God send if i had someone like Dory i would bow down to God and thank him for sending her to me if i was him she doeswnt fool around with strange men and she is faithful to him always Dory has me crying when i read this story.

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

BigFtHunterBigFtHunterover 16 years ago
Just added to my favorites.

Its better the second time around. Sometimes it good to experience memory problems. My daughter says I can watch a good movie over and over again. LOL I loved this story. Great Job. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
:) Thanks for telling

I loved it..Is it true? It made me think so in any case. and you are right, people with that kind of mindset will be seen as strange.. But what you got is love and trust.. The biggest things in life.. Take care of that. Cheers Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great Story!

Your story was humorous as well as touching. I found your story to be captivating. This was indeed a well written story. Thank you for sharing this story with us. It was a pleasure reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
one of the best short stories i have read

an extremely good read. none of the usuall huff and puff just two people learning to love and live

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I love your work

Keep up the great work. I loved the dialogue. Hope to see more of your stories soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Loved it

Totally different to the stories I usually read on this site, but I spent the entire time with a smile and felt good once I finished it.

jimmyravinejimmyravineover 13 years ago
Terrific!

What a wonderful, captivating story. Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Great!

A wonderful heart warming story.

GulfMisprintGulfMisprintalmost 13 years ago
I love stories about strong, loving women

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Superb again!

Congratulations on a fine story. Loved it. How about another. Well done. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Fantastic!

This was superb, simply and utterly superb. Loved the strong woman from the cult. Would love to read another story like this. Please consider it. This was one of the best. Thank you, and pleeeez write another!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
i love this

one of the best i have ever read. i'm a sucker for a good love story. you get a 5.

rockthedogrockthedogover 12 years ago
Wonderful story

Enjoyed it very much - very well done.

amartamartabout 12 years ago
excellent

very good -- and the character of the girl makes it something unique--you know a diamond does not fit a mold either -- that does not make it less unique.

crazycujocrazycujoabout 12 years ago
fascinating

One of the best I have read. Thanks......

avidreader123avidreader123over 11 years ago
Love this story

I read it a long time ago and it took me a while to relocate it. Lots of "rescue" stories, and it wasn't tagged. Worth the search!

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Great Read*****

I wonder if this person stop writing This was a great story very refreshing storyline. Thank you for sharing.

MadBrownMadBrownabout 11 years ago
BRILLIANT AND DIFFERENT!

A great story of two different people who could be savants(at least one of them). It is full of love and compassion and very humorous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
An Amazing Relationship

I loved the whole story. Two totally different people who together make one being. I wish my second wife had been like Dory!!. Ro be able to love and enjoyu a woman like her would be totally magical.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderful story!

Dory is a wonderful character. Wonderfully different.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
An odd but good story

I must applaud his patience because having to live with Dory everyday would be taxing for even the calmest of men. An interesting, original story line. My questions? How did he make a living? Because in the beginning, with him away at work, how did Dory survive? And did no one from the cult ever look for her?

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Fascinating

Beautifully written.

I love Dory!!

green1943green1943almost 10 years ago
One Of My Favorite

This is one of my favorites of all. I feel like I know Dory.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
dido

Great story, needs a sequel. Odysseus never left dido, she was in the aeneid. Steve

potsherdpotsherdover 9 years ago
Donne's poems

No discernible sexual content in John Donne's poems? Read them again! Oh My America - my New Found Land!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
DORY

What a wonderfully different story. I nearly dident read it and now glad I find. I'm sure there must be another few chapters to come please.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 9 years ago
Great stuff

I'm going through your stuff, one by one. Some of your stories appeal to me more than others, this one is off the charts. Odd that you had only one, prolific year, and then nothing. Too bad for us.

CHilley

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
What A Fantastic Story!

This is a love story. I fell in love with the character Dory. She is one hell of a woman. I loved her simple honesty. When he asked her if she loved him, and she said something like if I didn't you wouldn't be my husband. So simplistic but so true. This is a story that I wish was much, much longer. I was actually sad when I finished it. It made me me feel so good. Thank You for writing such a wonderful story.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
Well enjoyed. thanks much for writing it.

It's sort of amazing to think that she managed to survive in a cult for near onto twelve years being how she was. What an oddly likable character. I'm not delusional enough to make any comments about how I'd feel about knowing someone like her in real life but she's the kind of person who it would do your soul good TO know her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Absolutely amazing.

This is hands down the coolest story I've read on here. Great job!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Great Story. Really enjoyed it.

coigachboycoigachboyabout 8 years ago
One of the best

This has to be one of the best stories I have read on here, funny and sad almost in the same sentence. A good story well written. Carrying on to read the rest of your stories. Wish there were more.

Kitist02Kitist02about 8 years ago
Charming

Both the story and the character are as charming as anything I've read in Lit. I can only imagine what effort and ingenuity it took to work out consistent details of Dory's relationship with the mundane world.

Thank you for writing such a thought provoking epistle. It made me look at my own relationships with fresh eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful!

Just a wonderful story. Thank you for it.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 7 years ago
Top

Very different, very odd, very interesting. A unique story well told.5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Excellent

One of the most unique and wonderfilled stories. I wish thereally were more stories by you to read.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
What an awesomely strange and loving story...

I think the attraction is that, though Dory is human, it actually HAS the feel of someone getting in a relationship with some alien being... And I love Sci-fi...

DieAlteRomantischeDieAlteRomantischeabout 7 years ago
Brilliant

Probably one of the best short pieces in all Literotica, and definitely one of the funniest. I suspect that Dory probably expanded her store of English poets to include Suckling and Marlowe

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Intriguing

I have read a lot of work on this site and this is a unique story. Another commenter mentioned how although she is human she definitely has an alien flavor. I wish the freedom of religion would also be interpreted as freedom FROM religion as well. Brainwashing children with religion of any sort when they are too young to be able to determine fact from fiction is just wrong. And I am not targeting a specific religion as I believe they are all equally wrong in doing this. Everyone claims to right, most can't be so how many children are growing up with a view of the world that is shoved down their throats with no evidence to back up any validity. Teach children how to think and discover on their own rather than shoving pure data into their skulls that often is inaccurate, disagrees teacher to teacher, and offers no discovery for the child. Also often when a teacher is wrong the child is expected to swallow this wrong information because the teacher "can't" be wrong.

People who plan their life around a being that they cannot see, hear, touch or interact with in anyway is no different than someone with an imaginary friend. Common amongst children and yet if their "delusions" persist we drug and psychoanalys them. Why is the shared delusion of all powerful sky fairies any different?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved it

I loved it. Your characters are strange and don't really belong in the world but gel well together.

I've always felt that way...can totally identify with Jack. Dory is a whole different kind of strange.

And living alone does become a habit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
a jewel of a story

Always nice to find another gem of a story! Oddball but nice with a feeling of complete love for the characters.

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
It's a Favorite. A rare 5 Star for me.

Beautifully written without pretension. Dory's mind and personality are bereft of bias and malice. Protective to death of her world and the people she loves. She is able to perceive the world logically and accept it as it is. A wonderful thought.

One must ask the question, how did this unique person evolve? Is there something special about her cult upbringing that molded her personality. Perhaps her mother was more perceptive than we give her credit for in joining and raising her within it.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Wow

One fantastic yarn!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Beautiful

Very touching story! Why can’t all our wives be Dorys!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Dory..good story!

Gave the first chapter a 3 by mistake, the second a 5+

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
very very

I don't read many Romances; only if led there by following an author from LW, but if any story fits the category, it's this one. I don't think you would find a story like this on any other site. I did enjoy it. Nicely done.

cpl8140cpl8140over 4 years ago
Where Did He go

I don't know what happened to Cloacas but it is a shame he is still not writing here. He is/was a great writer who is sorely missed (by me at least).

mower9527mower9527about 4 years ago

such a great story from a great writer. wish this writer would come back or at least let us know where we can find more of his (her?) writing.

QuintiusQuintiusover 3 years ago
Incredible

This is an amazingly beautiful story, both chapters of it. It's easily among my very favorites on the entire site. You did a wonderful job fleshing out a very interesting and endearing couple living life in anything but an ordinary fashion. Her circumstances were unusual and fascinating and the way he finally understood her was really beautiful. Excellent, excellent work!

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 3 years ago
Touching and well written. Loved it!

What more can I say?

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 3 years ago

WOW

Loved it! Great story. Ditto Boomerbill...what more can one say.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 3 years ago

Damn.........wish he still writing!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's going well I really enjoyed the story

Frenchy47manFrenchy47manabout 2 years ago

Very Sweet! True Love!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved this story

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Excellent! good writing, funny and sort of sad at the same time. A little window into some people's "weird" lives and the "damage" cults do. Sad that there appears to be a new cult gripping about 1/4 of our voting population.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Really good story!

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Loved this heartwarming, unusual story. Well done. Thanks

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

Just wow. What a fine piece of writing from 2005, now 18 years in the past. All these stories are worthy of note. And who is or was Cloacas? A nutty literary professor? There's a playful intelligence at work here and an unconventional, creative mind. These are all wonderful stories.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Still spectacular. One of the truly great stories here. I just feel happy when I read this. Thank you, Mr. Cloacas, wherever you are. Randi.

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961over 1 year ago

Brilliant, a romance for the ages. Thank you!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 1 year ago

Third reading. Even though I know what's going to happen, the joy of the journey is still captivating because you do such an incredible job of getting into the mind and character of this feral young lady. Of all the early writers no longer contributing, your creation of Dory's story makes you singularly missed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Very original character!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Großartig geschrieben, heiter und berührend! Danke

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Dory Previous Part
Dory Series Info