All Comments on 'Dory'

by cloacas

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
nice romance, a bit short - but

nice romance about a knight in rented car, a bit short - but

what i am really curious is what happens next.

how do they develop with each other, or do they change and grow apart? how does she deal with modern world?

reason: i have known folks from pacific islands, similar to isolated cult world in isolation. some lose their center and fall to drugs/alcohol, some go money hungry and shaft friends, & some quit and go home. those who stay are often not happy, even if they have a safety net of other islanders.

or one i read about - an american married a jungle indian girl from the amazon. at first excited about USA life, but then at a loss. lonely. finally they moved back to amazon but she was spoiled to USA luxury. didn't fit in any world.

so what is ahead for Dory? literate, but ignorant of modern world.

rgraham666rgraham666almost 19 years ago
Nice

But it really cries out to be expanded. The changes in Dory would have, in my opinion, been much more interesting had they been drawn out, if we had seen her struggling with her new world.

Still, very nice. I quite enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
got me off

i thought it was great.....not too long and drawn out......but complete.....though i would love to know what comes next......keep em coming...

msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Good Start

I usually don't read Romance, but I'm glad I read this story. I liked your character's thought processes and that he was real. Hope there's a sequel. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
well done

Very well done - well written. With that said, I would suggest more substance. It's difficult to develop character and background in such a short story. This had the maaterial for a much more developed tale.

All in all, a very well done story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Needs more

I liked the story but would like a follow up to the future of their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Wonderful

Great story. I would also like to see a sequel to this. I hope there will be one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent

Now this was just great! This was well concoeved and executed. It was fast paced, though not too fast, and it moved the reader right along. A very minor irritation was, "I now kmow why 7/11", and "I know why Wall-Mart is liked". Just a small change could have obscured the redundancy. Else the blossoming of Dori was exquisite.

This story was complete as is. If you feel compelled to produce a sequel. Maybe ignore this as an introduction and start again with the same characters, perhaps from a different perspective. I would have loved to see the relationship grow into something permanent. A good job, well done. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Nightowl22Nightowl22almost 19 years ago
Good story!

I rather thought he would get her established somehow, somewhere, before they got together sexually.

I feel it's a great start to a sequel. Where does Dory go from here. Where does he go? Do they go together?

A sequel would be interesting.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Continue please

The story was well written but whats the moral of the story Dory was running away from someone but all you talked about in the story was about dory and the guy what about the other people that she was running from ?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Right

I liked it! It seeems right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
superb

Beautiful, love this type of story. You did a fantastic job. Can't wait to read part 2. Keep writing in this genre. Of course I have liked all your stories. Thank you!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
one of the finest stories

on the site. i laugh all the time. innocent pure love - gave it a 5

chytownchytownover 11 years ago
Cute Story****

Fun read thanks for sharing.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Delightful

Dory is still a complete mystery that I would like to know more about, both her future and her past.

frazodfrazodalmost 10 years ago

This is definitely your best story. Thank you so much for it.

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 9 years ago
This one did it.

Yup, this one pushed me over the edge. I've read all your stories now and loved every one. Just made you the fourth on my favorite authors list. Too bad nothing since 2005 but outstanding writing deserves to be recognized.

MorganDeWolfe

MisterBillBillyMisterBillBillyover 9 years ago
Too to Bad

When will we ever here from you agian ? ?

bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
addictive

Once I started I could not stop. Thankfully only two parts!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous