Double Blind Date

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PickFiction
PickFiction
1,428 Followers

I plunged my hand to the bottom and felt something small and hard. I pulled it out—a black box with a hinged lid. My heart began to pound as I stared at Janie.

"Turn around," she giggled.

I did very slowly. He was there ... on one knee.

"Open it."

I was trembling so badly I wasn't sure I could do it. I opened it slowly, savoring each second of doing it. The ring was gold, sparkling, and beautiful.

"Springer Mitchell, I love you. Will you marry me?"

He'd said it, two words. Love and marry. It was the time and place.

"I love you too, and yes, I will marry you." I stood there gazing at this amazing person who had come into my life almost accidentally, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Aren't you going to kiss him?" Janie asked, bringing me back to earth.

Will jumped up, put the ring on my finger, and kissed me. Alison applauded.

I hugged Janie and thanked her for her help. Alison got a hug too, and her happiness for me was apparent.

We went inside the apartment; I looked at the ring again, got another kiss, and took out my phone.

"Hey Springer, what's up?" Ami's voice was bright and cheerful.

"Guess what, Ami." I couldn't restrain my giggle.

"You said it," she guessed.

"I did, and more ... a lot more."

"Springer, am I going to get to be that bridesmaid?"

"Looks like it."

"Tell me about it."

I told her the whole story. They had met Janie when Will shamed me into inviting them to my apartment.

"That's so freaking cute, Springer. He's a gem."

"You're right. That's why I love him." I'd said it again and was sure it would be repeated over and over in the future.

I stood there looking at Will, wondering when he'd ask me to move in with him. Also, ready to say yes to that next unspoken question I knew he'd be sending my way.

That happened the next day, at his place, when I went to his bathroom and emerged naked. I answered his question before he asked it. I won't say much about what happened after that except to mention that he was exceedingly tender, that he caused me to have feelings I'd never experienced before, and he made me want it to happen again as soon as possible.

He obliged me, kind and understanding, as I sought to provide him as much pleasure as he gave me. It's difficult to compare, but, given his reactions, I was very content.

I was finally just Springer, and not Waterford and Wedgewood.

* * * * *

My sincere thanks to vanmyers86 for her beta read and many suggestions for rewrite and polishing, which I shamelessly accepted. Thanks also to SleeperyJim for beta reading and helpful comments. Also to the talented Amateur Articulators and MsCherylTerra for their continued support.

PickFiction
PickFiction
1,428 Followers