All Comments on 'Double Helix Ch. 08'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AstronomerAstronomeralmost 10 years ago
I'm happy that you are here again.

The world is original and the story is capturing. I was checking your page every week for new chapter for the last two months and more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Glad to see that you are back and adding to "Double Helix", Good luck on the series and other writings. Thank you for a good read.

Lonely_readerLonely_readeralmost 10 years ago
Damn it

Only one part left and then another serie to wait for update :/

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

East of the Willamette, South of Corvallis, towards Harrisburg... that road holds some old and painful memories for me; my 18 year old fiance was killed in a head on accident during my third year in college, in Eugene. We had been dating for over a year, and had just become engaged a month, or so before.

She was working for her family's business that morning, because her dad wanted her to 'know the value of working'. Her 'job' was to courier documents between the company's HQ in Lebanon to the Corvallis plant, and the Harrisburg precast plant where they made the big concrete beams for bridges, and such. Dad never forgave himself for the 'busy job' that killed his only daughter.

Surprisingly, her parents liked this long haired hippy, hometown boy, who had captured their daughter's heart. They treated me like a son from the very beginning, which was not the usual response from parents back then. We had such a life in front of us.

She'd rented a Eugene apt two days before, and had just told me the night before. She was coming to Eugene, that night, to show me the apt, and sort out with me when we take my truck to her parents' house in Lebanon, to move her to Eugene.

That was in June, 1976.

Peach country between Corvallis and Harrisburg, damn good peaches. When I was a kid, the peaches and pears from that area were known across the country. Barlett pears, and my old, damaged brain is blanking on the name of the peaches.

I can still taste them, fresh off a tree, and warm from the valley sun.

Don't get much in the way of thunder and lightning in the valley. Maybe once, twice a year. Usually around the 4th, when it's getting hot, but still can rain. I remember one 4th, not long after Jody died, when the fireworks show in Albany got mostly rained on.

It wasn't five minutes after they called it quits, the lightning started. It was the biggest lightning show I've seen in the valley in my 67 years. It lasted for hours. It certainly out performed the Albany fireworks.

The farm refuge of your 'family' of bio-mods is so familiar; for good, and bad. Thanks for bringing the memories back for me.

GeoD

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Feel your pain GeoD, your loss still sounds raw after all these years, best wishes from the U.K.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES