All Comments on 'Double Helix Ch. 22'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! Welcome back, you are a talented author, and I was very excited to see this story grow by another chapter! Thank you!

Hiding_in_PortlandHiding_in_Portlandover 2 years ago

Wonderful chapter. Great to hear from you again as well. Best of luck with all your endeavors.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 2 years ago

Oh my goodness. This is one of my favorite tales on here, and I thought it had been abandoned years ago. I sincerely hope this means a return to regular chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yay, Double Helix is back! Worth waiting for.

jlmnjlmnabout 2 years ago

Thrilled to see this continued. Can't wait for more.

mithanialmithanialabout 2 years ago

Love to see this story get another chapter!!! Looking forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a wonderful surprise to find this chapter. Thank you for coming back to your creation and continuing on with it. I hope to see more chapters from you at a much reduced time gap. :)

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHandsabout 2 years ago

Another great chapter. I hope it's not 2 years till the next one. I will be dead before it's finished at that rate ;)

nivvilnivvilabout 2 years ago

W0000t! So great you are back. I feared the worst. And yes, it is a nice chapter!

ArtemisjbArtemisjbabout 2 years ago

Love this story. Little concerned though that Nissi has almost completely abandoned her music (which was a great aspect of her character) and is diving a bit far into the science. She helped Nona - great (and that storyline is finished)! She’s presently helping Wendy - makes sense especially considering the possibilities with Daniel. But she’s also gonna’ help Gena recover her intellect AND give reverts their abilities back AND help other Alzheimer’s patients AND give non-genemods eternal youth…AND…AND…AND… I kind of feel like you are trying to cram too many world altering scientific advancements into the storyline at the same time. And I fear that the consequence is that none of them will be adequately explored OR the science will become the focal point and we’ll lose some of the characterization/personal story arcs.

Like I said, I really do love your work here. I am just encouraging you to focus on only one or two advancements per character at a time. For example, Tilly has the Rot and her fish. Stan and Gena have the mesh. Norman has the underground facility. Maybe Nissi doesn’t need to be doing six things.

I hope you’ll take this criticism with the good will it was intended because I really am looking forward to your next chapter.

P.S. Who was watching out for Alice’s kids while everyone else was at the rescue? Please say that they were safe and sound with Andy.

FelHarperFelHarperabout 2 years agoAuthor

@Artemisjb

No author can account for every detail, but yeah, the kids would need to go with someone to get them out of there if things went badly in Seattle. My first pick would be Daniel. He would be one of the people on the periphery who would be in trouble, and has a son of his own. I would think he would try for Agency protection.

As for the multiplying of narrative threads, this is all leading somewhere. I think it will all be worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I hate that I’ve reached the end - I’m the impatient type and I never follow for updates - hopefully a year from now I’ll see updates.

RowanRSARowanRSAabout 2 years ago

Soo glad you are still writing this story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES