Down On Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She kissed me once more and asked, "Well, what's your answer? We settle this here and now."

I answered by pulling her to me for a steamy kiss, my hand drifting down the small of her back. I gently squeezed her bottom before patting it twice and broke the kiss.

"My answer is yes to all of the above as long as you're ready to accept the fact that I'll never be 100% physically. With all the hardware in my head and the damage done to my brain I'm not always on top of my game. Can you deal with that? By the way, I've wanted to kiss you for weeks."

She giggled, "I liked the butt squeeze and gentle pats. Dad always did that to mom, I thought gestures of love like that went away with their generation. I guess not. You're probably wondering where I've been."

I shrugged, "I did. I kept wondering what I had done wrong."

"Let's sit." She said while gesturing toward the chairs.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I went to see my aunt, she's 84 and still spry as a cat. She's not as quick as she used to be but she still quilts and her mind is sharp as a tack. I went to ask her what I should do about you and me. Her short answer was to come home and do what we just did. To stop living in fear and give you a chance."

I pulled our chairs closer together and held her hand. "Then let's give this the old college try and make it work. I'm ready if you are, and if I'm to court you then plan on going to dinner Saturday night."

As she stood she squeezed my hand, "Okay, but for now get your walking shoes on, let's go."

It seemed to take forever for Saturday to arrive. I put on my best jeans and cotton shirt. Hell, I even shaved once more just before leaving to pick up Betty. I had made reservations at what in our area is called a supper club with a small, attached dance hall. There were a few glances as we walked in but no stares, I knew Betty was conscientious of the scar because hair was covering that side of her face. With her hand through my arm I escorted her to the table and then helped seat her. As I sat she smiled and winked.

"You know Tuck, no one has ever done that before, thank you for treating me like a lady."

The dining area wasn't full so we took our time eating, conversing a little and then shared a piece of cheesecake. A four piece group was playing in the dance hall as we passed. I stopped at the door and turned her to me.

"Do you dance Betty?"

"I used to, a lot, but not since the amputation. I don't think I could do much if they play fast songs, but I think I can follow on the slow ones."

I clutched her hand, "Then let's give it a try. If we're uncomfortable we'll leave. Shall we?" I motioned with my hand.

Leaning close she kissed my cheek and answered, "We shall. Lead on maestro."

We sat with a club soda for her and a Dr. pepper for me. Neither had a desire for any additional 'Dutch courage' as they say. The first few songs were all fast, we took in the scenery commenting about how much dancing had changed in just the short years since we'd been out of high school. To us it seemed more like a lot of gyrations and people rubbing their bodies together. As my nieces would say, "get a room".

The first slow song was an old hit "Nights in White Satin" by the Moody Blues. We were both surprised at how well they pulled the song together with only four people. As we ventured onto the dance floor I could tell Betty was extremely self-conscious, if not downright afraid. Before we began to move I held her in a standard dance position looking into her eyes.

"I'll move slow, I promise I will not embarrass either of us. If your leg hurts or you feel uncomfortable tell me and we'll sit."

She nodded and relaxed. It took us the entire song to get comfortable with one another, not emotionally, physically. Things I could do she couldn't with ease, but we learned together and by the end of the song we were more or less gliding together, comfortable in each other's arms. I was prepared to sit when the next song began, a semi slow one, Down On Love by Foreigner, she stood firm holding me tightly. Slowly she began to move, it didn't take me ten seconds to be in rhythm with her. By the end of the song she was clutching me tight, our bodies close together, her firm breasts against my chest.

As the song ended she spoke softly, "We should sit, I need to rest."

As much as we may have wanted to continue, it was our last foray on the dance floor that night. We stayed and watched another fifteen minutes or so and departed. On the way home she reached across, took my hand and said.

"How about you Tuck? Ever been down on love? I know I have."

I thought as we traveled before answering, "I'm sure that I have. When you're different people tend to look at you in an odd if not judgmental way. I've heard that song dozens of times but one of the lines really hit home tonight."

She squeezed my hand, "Really? Which one?"

The one where he sings, "In matters of the heart you have to know before you start you can't be down on love".

Looking at me she sighed, "True enough, a different line caught my attention. It was "So always be prepared to be alone and a little scared but never down on love." Is that what we are Tuck, two people afraid and lonely because we're down on love?"

I stole a look at her as I drove but had no answer. The remainder of our drive home was in silence, not tension, simply silence. As though we were pondering her question at the same time with no definitive answer. As we approached her driveway I watched as she reached in her purse and hit a remote to open the gates. I thought to myself, "I need to have one of those". Coming to a stop I took her hand.

"Stay seated, let me get the door."

Standing on the stoop she opened the front door to an overly excited Ella who quickly sniffed us and bound into the yard to take care of business. Leaning forward to kiss Betty I made a decision. After a long, sensuous kiss I answered her question.

"I think your assessment was right, at least in my case. I'll admit I'm down on love. I'm scared and afraid to expose my heart. Until meeting you I was content to live alone like a hermit, but not anymore. I want that to change. I don't want to be alone any longer, I don't want to be down on love."

Her answer wasn't in words, she moved tight to my body kissing me with passion. Upon breaking the kiss she whispered, "Me either. How do we change this without the fear of hurt Tucker?"

"We do what the song said, "In matters of the heart we know that no matter what transpires we can't be down on love. We have to be willing to give and take, to compromise, to allow another being into our lives. Betty, I don't want to try something and hope it works. I want to give it my all and know you'll do the same."

Backing away she took hold of my hand and led me through the house to her back porch where we sat side by side on the swing. Neither of us spoke a word for what seemed an eternity. It was she who broke the silence.

"I'd like to try Tuck. I want to give my all, like you, I'm scared, but then nothing gained, nothing lost unless you try."

We moved close and began to kiss, with each moment becoming hotter than the previous one. I wasn't sure how far to push the limits and kept my hands at home. It was then that Ella came bounding onto the porch, making herself the center of attention instead of us. I got the feeling we were both relieved, I sensed she wanted to be more romantic, I knew I did for sure, but the moment wasn't right. A little more chit chat rounded out the conversation with plans to canoe the following afternoon.

Work on the boathouse had proceeded marvelously. The old structure had been removed and a new one begun. The original had been wide enough for two boats. I decided to change the design making it a one bay with a narrow deck inside along with enough wall space to store the canoe, paddles, life jackets and the rest. Everything would be out of the weather and since the lake restrictions were that the outboard motor could be no more than 10 horsepower it made no sense having anything bigger than a fishing boat. Orville and his crew had the decking down and an open frame completed. He anticipated they would have the roof on, the walls finished and new doors installed by the end of the week.

I was sitting on the end of the pier next to the boathouse when I saw betty paddling toward me just after one in the afternoon. She was impressed by the plans and the progress. Though we took our fishing gear along we didn't catch much. A few pan fish and a barely legal bass. Enough for an evening meal. We'd been out over three hours when the sky began to get cloudy, one of those late summer squalls that will kick up in a moment.

Knowing we would never make it back to either dock no matter how hard we paddled she steered us to a small out of the way cove. Back from the water's edge was a ratty looking shack with an open front. We'd pulled the canoe ashore and gotten inside the shelter when the skies let loose. When I asked about the shack she said some kids had thrown it together years ago but as they grew older it was abandoned. Mind you it wasn't legal to construct anything on wildlife refuge land, but I don't think the wardens cared as long as it was kids.

The squall lasted all of twenty minutes if that. Once it had passed we scrambled back into the canoe and headed to my dock. Both of us had pushed beyond our normal physical limits that afternoon so we decided to take a nap and have a late supper. I would filet the fish and bring them to her place about seven. I quickly cleaned and fileted the fish before lying down with the alarm set for six thirty. I was ready to knock on her front door at 6:55 when she opened it with a smile and quick smooch.

"Come in, come in. The rolls are almost ready and the fries are ready to drop. I'll start the fish, you take care of the fries. Make sure you double fry like last time. Those were delicious."

"Will do." Was my reply.

With the fish pan fried in butter, the fries fresh from the fryer and the rolls cooled enough to slather with butter and not burn your mouth we sat to eat. Like last time I noticed a small bowl with sliced lemon for the fish, tasty, a woman after my heart. Though she had cookies neither of us had room for dessert. After cleaning the kitchen and loading the dishwasher we went into the living room. Telling me to sit she said she was going to get more comfortable and would be back in five minutes.

Being of the male species my mind went numb and my cock took over. I didn't want it to but my dick began to stiffen as I imagined any number of scenarios. Would she be naked, in lingerie, maybe a robe with nothing beneath. I hadn't so much as touched a breast and here she was going to get 'comfy'. Pushing on my groin I growled lowly.

"Down boy, down. Behave."

Imagine my shock and shame as she emerged from the hallway on forearm crutches wearing a tee shirt and sweatpants with the right leg tied just below her knee. I was embarrassed for myself, it hadn't dawned on me that's what she meant when she said she was going to get more comfortable. Ella was on the couch next to me, Betty tapped her butt with a crutch and pointed to her bed next to the fireplace. With Ella settled Betty sat next to me.

She was smiling as she spoke, "Were you imagining something else cowboy?"

I was caught, no sense trying to weasel my way out of it, "In all honesty, yes. I'm embarrassed by my behavior. It's been a very long time since a lady told me she was going to get more comfy. I apologize."

As she scooted to my right side she reached across my body, took ahold of my arm and turned me to face her. She then put my hand on her waist and whispered.

"Kiss me."

We'd been necking a solid ten minutes when I made my move. She stopped my hand just below her breast. I could feel her breath on my lips as she whispered.

"Not tonight, too soon."

My mind went into overdrive. She said 'not tonight', that means she must be thinking about another night. There was no way my dick was going to remain at bay any longer. I tried to adjust without looking like I was adjusting when she pulled back and grinned.

"Sorry. And, I'm not sorry, it's nice to know I can make your motor run. Why don't you gather yourself together while I go pee and then I think we should say goodnight."

Kissing at the door became rather steamy until she pushed back, patted my chest and began ushering me out the door.

"You need to go Tucker, this is becoming dangerous. Are you walking with us tomorrow?" I nodded. "See you in the morning."

I put my hand over the scar and pulled her gently to me. After kissing one last time I said softly, "Goodnight beautiful. See you in the morning."

As I walked away I looked back to see her hand over the scar as though my touching her was a new sensation. The more I thought about it the more I realized I was right. I was sure no one other than a doctor had touched her face since the accident. Lying in the bed I found myself pondering what she might say or do in the morning when we met. I was pleasantly surprised as she walked to the porch the next morning with a smile and wave of the hand.

I had been walking with her long enough that we walked a mile from my place and back each day Monday through Friday. It was a warm morning and by the time we returned to my place we were parched and ready for something cold. I made an Arnold Palmer for each of us and joined her on the front porch. Our drinks were nearly gone when she scooted her chair almost in front of mine. Taking ahold of my left hand and she it raised to her face. Placing my palm directly on the scar she asked timidly.

"This doesn't bother you Tucker? It will never go away, are you sure us being together isn't something you'll regret later?"

I softly brushed the hair away from her face tucking it behind her ear, leaned forward and kissed her cheek. As she flinched I held tighter, kissed it again and again and again until I felt the warmness of tears flowing against my face. With both hands on my face she turned me to look dead in her eyes.

With a catch in her voice she spoke, "I love you Tucker Wilmer. Please don't break my heart."

I stood and as I did I scooped her into my arms. The exercises and walking had strengthened me considerably. With her cradled in my arms I kissed her.

"Never gonna happen babe. Gimpy leg and all you're mine. Here's the point Betty, I don't wanna live without you. I was ready to live the rest of my miserable life locked away and friendless until you came along. No, I won't break your heart, promise."

I think Ella was confused as to what she should do as I carried Betty across the lawn to the gate. She was circling us and making funny noises until Betty looked at her. "Settle Ella. It's okay."

I set Betty down at the gate, Ella didn't waste a moment. Nudging my hand she wanted the same attention I'd shown her mistress. After a good ear rub she moved next to Betty and sat. I put my hand over the scar and drew Betty gently to me.

"I love you too. And I will never be embarrassed by your scar so get that crappy 'thinkin out of your head. We're a pair of less than perfect creatures in love with each other. What more do we need?"

Watching her walk away I was sure I saw an extra little wiggle in her hips and even if I thought it couldn't happen given the prosthesis, a bounce in her step. Over the next two weeks we were together every evening, either she at mine or me at hers. Our make out sessions were becoming more intense bit still no touching, which was frustrating the hell out of me.

We had gone to her place on a Saturday evening after enjoying pizza together in town. When she said she was going to remove the prosthesis and get more comfy I was expecting the same as before. She was indeed dressed as before, but this time it was obvious she was not wearing a bra. As she moved stealthily into my arms her right hand directed my left onto her breast. It wasn't huge but it was definitely firm, at the same time being soft and warm.

We kissed with my hands on her breasts outside the shirt, when I moved my hand under the shirt she offered no resistance whatsoever. The nipple was already hard by the time my fingers touched it, she groaned softly into my mouth as I manipulated her breast to fill my hand. Breaking our kiss momentarily she crooned, "There are two, a matching set."

Well howdy, I knew what to do and didn't hesitate. My cock was so hard you could have flown a flag from it in a wind storm. I got brave after several minutes of caressing her breasts and moved my hand down to the waistband of her sweats. She quickly put her hand on mine murmuring, "Unh, uh. Too soon."

That was okay with me, at least she didn't say not a chance. It was basically the same thing she'd said during our first make out session, "Not tonight." Our days had begun to lump together, it seemed we were with one another most days and not just an hour or two here and there. If we weren't canoeing or fishing we were doing something in town, I even started doing my own grocery shopping with her at my side. People in town were becoming familiar with seeing us together, sure, there were a few stares and foolish comments, but screw them. We were happy with one another.

The boat house was finally finished and a new pier installed. I hadn't purchased a boat and motor yet so I left the canoe in the open bay. Cool fall evenings were beginning to set in which meant we were sitting in her back yard with a fire in the pit almost every night after supper. We were showing one another affection all the time, little caresses, a soft touch, little kisses. Grabbing each other by surprise and necking for a few minutes. If she was at the sink I would stand behind her with my hands on her hips. Imagine how thrilled I was the first time she put her hands on mine and moved them up to cup her breasts. Yup, another instant hardon.

I remember it well, the Thursday evening she decided we should stay inside instead of having a fire. She had changed into baggy sweats and no prosthesis, on the couch next to me she squeezed in tight to my side. With the left leg under her she swung the amputee leg over the top of my thighs, to my ultimate surprise she rose and straddled me with one swift movement. As we kissed she lifted the shirt over her head and sent it flying. I'd been ministering to her lovely 34B breasts for a solid fifteen minutes when she stopped me.

Sitting back looking deep within my soul she asked, "Do you love me Tuck, I mean something that will last a lifetime?"

I nodded as I spoke, "Forever is as far as I'll go sugar. After that you're on your own."

I saw no reaction, no smile, no difference in facial expression, only those brown eyes boring deep into my soul. With a very soft voice she said.

"I want you Tucker, I want you tonight. Two conditions though. I want to do it in my bed with the lights turned off. I'm not ready for you to see the stump yet. Second, you must promise to be gentle, I'm not a virgin but it has been nearly ten years since anyone made love to me. Will you do that my sweet loving man?"

I stood as she reached for the forearm crutches which I took from her.

"You won't need those. I'm strong enough to carry you."

Picking her up she melted into my arms, kissing me all the way to the bedroom. As I laid her on the bed Ella sauntered into the room, Betty pointed at the doorway and commanded.

"Bed Ella."

That's all there was to it, a minute later the dog was in its bed next to the fireplace.

Betty giggled, "She doesn't need to watch. Turn out the hallway light while I get under the covers. I want to watch you undress, there's enough light from the bathroom to see more than shadows."

When I slid the underwear down past my knees she lifted the cover inviting me into her lair. Her left leg was visible, her right leg was under the cover. With what little light present I could easily see there were no panties, just a dark triangle pointing the way to heaven. Scooting under the cover she turned on her side as she curled her arms around my neck. For the first time I felt the amputee leg slide over my body, her pelvis was pushed into my hip as she gently ground against me. I began to explore more of her body with my lips.