Down The Rabbit Hole Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"The aim would be to effectively produce a set of course materials that could be franchised to local providers with similar experience to Ms Courten."

"A national network of dominatrixes?"

"Effectively. Although I think Ms Raven and the Minister would prefer 'National Sponsorship Support Team'. It would mean that sponsors would have a consistent curriculum across the UK and if the Government wished they could award a certificate of competence based on the sessions. That might help improve take-up."

Julia nodded. They seemed like sensible proposals.

"It might also be the case that the Treasury could be persuaded to give some sort of tax break to those that complete the course. But it's probably better if we let them think of that idea."

Julia smiled. Good heavens, she thought, you're starting to think like a woman.

"As well as that, Ms Courten has also come up with an additional proposal. The members of her network could provide a service to look after sponsored males when the sponsor is unavailable for whatever reason. For holidays or sickness or a business trip for example. I don't think that the DOSA scheme currently has a plan for alternate sponsors does it?"

"No, I don't think it does. Ms Courten really does seem to have thought things through. Or was this one of your ideas, so you could go trotting back there any time I'm not available?"

Henry looked shocked and Julia felt just a little guilty for teasing him. "Was there anything else?"

"Oh yes, Ms Fain. Ms Courten has also provided a detailed proposal for arrangements for multiple sponsorships. You'll remember that was one of her original ideas as a way of alleviating the sponsor shortage and providing additional work for her association's members."

"Oh good. I'll read that through. I'm pretty sure cabinet are going to be supportive of anything that helps improve the way sponsorship works at the moment. The Minister was saying that the PM has been complaining about the levels of dissident activity and disruptive behaviour lately. It will be good to give her something that will contribute to the discussion."

Henry gathered up his papers. Just before he turned to leave he said, "There was one other thing. Of a personal nature. I know you said that I should discuss any concerns I had over our," he paused, "arrangements. I wondered if we might have a talk this evening?"

Julia had been dreading this. She was sure that Henry was going to be looking for more active supervision as part of their sponsorship activities. She wasn't at all sure how to navigate the situation. She had never thought of herself as sexually dominant, although she did like getting her own way in the bedroom. And, when she came to think about it, pretty much anywhere else, too.

It turned out that Julia had very little time to worry about the evening's discussions during the rest of the day. Sylvia had, indeed, been receptive to Raven's proposals and she had wanted to go through them thoroughly so that she could brief the Cabinet. Julia has ended up re-working some of the cost implications and it was almost seven o'clock by the time she was able to leave her office. Henry had left already but, Julia was pleased to discover when she got home, had used his time to make sure the flat was tidy. He greeted her with a welcoming gin and tonic as she got in.

"I thought you might need this," he said as she shed her coat over the back of one of the living room chairs.

"I certainly do. I'd say you must be psychic but it's not really much of guess, is it?"

Henry shook his head and smiled. He knew the pressures of the job. In some ways he wasn't sorry to have left them behind.

"Why don't you join me?"

Henry looked hesitant for a moment but then grateful. "Yes, thank you. I'll have a scotch if that's OK?"

"Of course."

Julia sipped her gin while Henry fixed his own drink. He's looking more relaxed, she thought. He might not have wished for the change of role but he certainly looked less harassed than he had done when he was in her position. And, Julia thought, he seems to have lost a few pounds too. "You're looking well. I hadn't really noticed. I'm sorry."

"That's all right, you've been busy. Yes, I'm feeling much less stressed. I can enjoy one of these," he held up his glass, "without feeling it's main purpose is some sort of medicinal numbing. How was the Minister?"

"Wearing. But OK. She wanted to go through the multiple sponsorship thing several times but apart from that it was all fine. I think she's got what she needs for the Cabinet. You've done a good job with Raven, Henry." Henry smiled. Given their history together, some might have found Julia patronising but Henry knew that wasn't intended. For her part, Julia remembered Henry's remarks from earlier. It was time, she thought to have whatever conversation he had in mind. "Anyway, you wanted to talk."

Henry put down his drink. "Yes," he said, obviously gathering up his thoughts in exactly the same way that Julia had seen him do when asked his views on policies in the office. "I know these are very early days for the sponsorship arrangement but I wanted to say how much I am grateful for doing this. I couldn't have imagined doing this with anyone else."

Julia found the intensity of his remarks a little uncomfortable. "Not even Mistress Raven?"

"That is... That was different. With her I was able to play out my fantasies, with you I feel I can live my life as I should."

"I suppose that's a compliment, Henry, but even you must admit it sounds a bit odd."

"Why? You're working for a government that believes men can't be trusted with making decisions and that thinks they should respect and serve women. I certainly agree with the two last points and I'm trying to live that way."

"All right, I can accept that. I'm very keen to have men treat women better, that's for sure. I don't know that I'm convinced that New Order necessarily has all of the right solutions but they were elected to do what they're doing and I'm trying to support that. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with the sexual connotations of it all though. I mean, apart from the political considerations this is quite a turn on for you, I guess."

Henry could hardly deny it. "That's true. And I'll confess that when you first joined the department I felt an attraction. I tried not to let it interfere with work and I hope it never caused any embarrassment but I can't pretend that I'm not happy things have turned out as they have. I can understand that you might not be completely relaxed with the situation but you did accept the key to my cage from Mistress Raven."

Julia was a little shocked by Henry's candour,. It wasn't Henry's declaration or the fact that she had accepted the key or what the implications of that were, though. What really shocked her was that she had forgotten all about the key and that Henry had been stoically (and she presumed, pleasurably) putting up with the fact since the hand over meeting two weeks before. "That's true, I did," Julia said, not wishing to show that Henry's chaste state hadn't crossed her mind. "How is it?"

"To be honest I could do with it being unlocked," Julia raised a querulous eyebrow. "No -- just so as to clean it, it's not easy with the enclosure in place. You could watch if you wanted," another raised eyebrow, "I mean, just to be sure I don't, well, do anything. Err, but that was something Mistress Raven told me, I suppose you should be telling me what I can and can't do, really. Shouldn't you?"

"I don't know, Henry. I have no desire to watch you fiddling with your thing whether you're washing it it or anything else. Here, take the key," she pulled it from her briefcase. "Go and do whatever it is you need to do. I don't want to know." Henry looked a little crestfallen. "But then lock it up again and bring me back the key." Henry took the key looking a little brighter. Julia watched him as he went off towards the bathroom, telling herself that she really needed to get her thoughts on how things were going to work between Henry and her. She had started off admiring the way he did his job and she still thought his advice was sound, once you allowed for the fact that it came with the usual male baggage. She'd also come to see how his desire to be dominated was anything but weakness. Even so, there was a long way between her thoughts about him personally, being his sponsor, and getting into any sort or relationship, sexual, dominant, or whatever.

Henry returned a few minutes later and handed the key back to Julia. Henry still had a concerned look on his face. Julia was pretty sure that he hadn't done other than he had said that he would. "Well," she said, "is that better?"

"Yes. Thank you," Henry responded.

"Good."

"I'm sorry if you found my asking embarrassing," Henry said. "I wasn't sure what else I could do."

"That's all right, Henry. You were right to ask. Now, while you were dealing with that, I've thought about what you said. I think that as long as you conform to the Respect Agenda then we will get along just fine. I'd like you to look after the domestic arrangements around the flat -- I'm so busy in the office; that will be a real help -- but apart from that I just think as long as you're polite and considerate around here that will be fine. I'm not intending to create some light-weight version of your experiences with Raven here. Is that understood?"

"Yes, of course. I completely understand. I'm sorry if I caused any offence."

"Henry, if you do cause any offence, I'm quite likely to discover that I do have an interest in handing out corporal punishment after all." Julia found herself smiling at Henry's embarrassed grin. "Sorry, I shouldn't tease."

"I don't mind. I know what a curious situation this is. I'm aware that it's more in line with my enthusiasms than yours. I will try to make sure that it's not a problem."

"Well, at least we have the benefit of making sure Sylvia doesn't bother either of us about sponsorship for the time being."

Julia was pleased with how things were working out. Henry seemed prepared to go along with how she saw the sponsorship arrangements working. Maybe things would change in future but for now she was happy.

Chapter 13: Fall Out

The 13th of May changed everything for those in Government.

Julia was suddenly disturbed by the sound of police sirens and the squeal of tyres. She looked down into the street. A stream of police patrol cars went by her flat heading towards Westminster. The cars were followed minutes later by a series of police motorcycles. A short time later a van pulled up and four Male Control Force officers got out and started checking ident cards with more than their usual rigour. Police cars with lights flashing and sirens blaring continued to come and go.

The TV was saying nothing about any emergency but Julia knew that the level of activity from the police had to be the result of a serious incident, although whether it was a major crime or some sort of serious accident she couldn't guess. She tried calling the office to discover what was going on but all the phones were engaged. Sylvia's mobile was set to her messaging service too. Eventually she got a message that there was to be a briefing in the office at four o'clock and all senior staff needed to be there. Sponsored individuals, the message said ominously, should be in secure accommodation where possible.

Julia was glad that she'd had Raven's advice as she encouraged Henry into his room and locked the door behind him. He had been reluctant but he could tell she was worried and had gone along with it to make things easier for her. She felt a bit guilty about locking him up when she didn't know herself what the problem was. "I don't know what it's about but there's obviously some sort of panic going on. Don't worry, I'll let you know what I can after the meeting," she had said.

In the office, a sombre-faced Sylvia Atterbury spoke to her assembled team. "There was an assassination attempt on the Prime Minister at the Fordswell conference this morning. I'm relieved to be able to tell you that no one at the meeting was injured. The MCF and security services are following up a number of leads. I'm afraid that is all I can say officially. However, let me give you some unofficial advice. The Home Secretary is seriously pissed off at what she sees as a serious intelligence failure. I can't say I disagree with her on that. So, she is leaning on the MCF for results. The force commander had her ears scorched for quite a while and she's been gingering up her operational types. Some of them are likely to be over keen in the way that only they can be. I wouldn't like to be a male and out on the streets at the moment. We all know that the MCF isn't deliberately unbalanced in the way it deals with crack downs but I think it will certainly look that way. There aren't any extensions to the curfew but I strongly suggest that those of you with a sponsored male keep them indoors until things quieten down. If they do need to be out make sure they have their idents with them or better still take them on a leash; that way there won't be any confusion. We shouldn't need any of them to come in to the office at the moment. It will be safer for them not to and there has been enough unfortunate male-dominated decision making for one day, I think you'll agree."

Julia looked around at the others in the room. They all shared the same ashen look at the news. None of them had expected anything like it.

Julia let Henry out of his room as soon as she got back to the flat. He was obviously relieved to see her. "Can I get you anything?" he asked. She could tell from his expression that he was genuinely concerned for her.

"Why don't you get out some wine for both of us?" Julia suggested. "I think we could both use a drink." Henry looked surprised but said nothing.

He brought a bottle and two glasses. He poured the wine and was about to return to his room when Julia said. "No, stay. I need to tell you about what happened today. I said I would."

Henry looked around.

"Oh, just sit down here on the couch with me. Can we just relax for a bit?" Henry looked uncomfortable at the suggestion but did as she asked. "Someone tried to kill the Prime Minister and the Home Secretary with a bomb."

Henry's suddenly ashen face showed Julia how shocked he was.

"They were unsuccessful but you can imagine what the response of the MCF and the security services is going to be like."

"These sort of things wouldn't happen if more men had effective sponsors," said Henry. "That's why what you are doing with Mistress Courten is so important."

"I'm glad you think so."

"I've seen too much cruelty. Too many games played over serious decisions. And, yes, men were at the helm for most of them. Maybe there's a better way of doing things and maybe the measures needed to make that happen are justified. I think the present incumbents of the seat of power need to be careful that they don't find themselves making the same mistakes as their predecessors, though."

"Is that your civil servant voice talking?"

"Advisers advise, but ministers decide, they say. Sometimes ministers are too ready to take action. And that is a condition that seems to affect ministers of either sex."

"Henry, what I don't want to do is to spend the evening in a tutorial on effective administration. Drink your wine." Henry looked embarrassed. Julia decided to take pity on him. "Did Raven teach you any useful skills in your sessions or were you just indulging your enthusiasms?"

Henry gave her a questioning look.

"Do you think you could give me a foot massage?"

"Yes. Mistress Raven often used to ask me to do that."

"And you were happy to oblige?" Henry blushed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't tease you. That would be nice."

Henry bent forward to unfasten the straps of her shoes and eased them from her feet. Julia found herself surprised by his gentleness, his attentiveness, and the care he took.

"That's very relaxing. Thank you."

"Do they know who is behind it? The bombing?" Henry continued stroking Julia's toes and the instep and soles of her feet. Julia gave an "Mmm" of approval and stretched back. It was obvious from his care and attention that not only had Raven instructed him well but he was obviously concerned to be kind to Julia.

"I don't know but I can imagine the Home Secretary will be putting a lot of pressure on the security services."

They shared a second glass of wine and then a third to finish the bottle and all the while Henry kept up his diligent attention to Julia's feet and ankles.

"What happens now do you think?" Henry asked.

"I don't know," Julia responded, "Sylvia advised that department staff keep their sponsored men at home for safety. You don't need to go into the office for the time being. It's a strange situation. Suddenly everyone feels nervous -- and that goes for me as well." It was true. Julia didn't really understand it but she felt disturbed by the attack in a way that she couldn't explain. Her reaction was, she felt, out of proportion to any realistic assessment of the threat.

"Of course, that's only natural. Terror attacks do that. You know that you needn't be afraid but it doesn't stop the fear."

Julia suddenly felt herself desperate for human closeness, for the simple pleasure of someone's body against her own.

"Henry, what would you say if I invited you to come to bed with me?"

Henry looked startled for a moment. "Is that likely to happen?"

"Don't be coy. I feel the need to have someone close to me."

"I think I'd be worried that it could fall into the class of decision making that the Government usually associates with men. If you would find it a comfort, or something more, I would like nothing better but I would be worried that it might disturb our current arrangements."

"You needn't worry about that. I wasn't planning to remove your cock cage or anything. We will keep our sponsor-sponsored relationship unsullied, be assured."

Moments later, Henry found himself standing at the door of Julia's bedroom. He was naked apart from his cock-cage. Julia was in bed, her head and naked shoulders above the quilt, her dark hair framing her pale face against the pale pillow. Julia was surprised by how little flab Henry carried. He wasn't fit but equally he wasn't fat for a man who Julia imagined was a stranger to exercise.

"I'm not sure of the protocol for this." Henry seemed confused.

"There isn't one. Just come here." Julia turned back the quilt on the right of the bed. Henry climbed in, sliding his naked body alongside hers. She reached around him pulling herself close against his chest, her heed pressed against his neck, her face buried in his shoulder. She gripped him tightly. Henry felt the sharp dig of her finger nails against his flesh, the tiny spikes of unexpected pain making him draw breath. He wrapped his own arms around her, trying to provide whatever comfort he could.

In spite of his good intentions, he felt his cock swelling in its confinement. He had fantasised of a sexual encounter with Julia many times but this was far from what he had imagined. Here his submission to chastity was an irrelevance, her control of the situation was entirely for her own benefit, the pain she was causing quite incidental. Henry wasn't sure that he admired himself much at that instant but he knew he was content.

Julia drew the comfort she needed from Henry's closeness. She was glad to have him there; glad in fact of the things that had happened to bring him to her. She lifted her head and slid her hand along Henry's arm, noticing the red marks where her finger nails had pressed into him. She pressed her body closer to him, feeling him return her urgent desire for closeness, and suddenly conscious of the hard steel of Henry's cage pressing against her as she pushed her groin against his. For a moment she thought of frigging herself off against the cage but stopped herself, feeling that would be unfair after the way he had shown his concern for her. Instead she contented herself with pressing her body close to Henry's once again as the two of them stayed intertwined.