Down The Rabbit Hole Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Henry felt conflicted. To feel Julia's body against his was something he had often imagined although never in such a conventional manner as this. He was comforted by her presence and pleased that he was comforting her. He found her touch, the way her finger nails dug into him, arousing. That sensation carried with it a unique humiliation of its own as his caged cock tried to assert itself against its steel enclosure without success

Julia began to doze. She realised how comforting she had found Henry's words and behaviour and his accepting presence. Somehow the world seemed a less frightening place.

Chapter 14: Roll Out

Julia and Henry made their way into the office the following morning. Julia's feelings were a mixture of concerns about the security situation and content with how the two of them had supported each other, surprising herself that a situation on which she took the lead was still one in which they could share. Henry was following just behind her, a pace off but not so far back as to let anyone think he was out on his own. There was a greater police presence than usual. They both found it disturbing that it was needed and comforting that it was present.

The two of them stopped at a checkpoint at the north end of Westminster Bridge. As well as the uniformed MCF officer carrying out checks, three officers in body armour and carrying Heckler and Koch MP5 carbines, the Metropolitan police's standard issue semi-automatic weapons, were keeping watch on the bridge and the river. "He's with me," Julia said to the officer at the barrier, nodding at Henry.

"You'd be better off with him being leashed," the officer replied, "but as long as his ident checks out that's your concern." She took Henry's card and checked the number against a list on a paper on her clipboard. As she did so, Julia was noticing how many women had their men on a collar and lead. This was something new; since the bombing. "Still, it seems he's OK." The officer stepped back to let them through. Henry found himself instinctively reaching for his neck as though he'd forgotten he should have a collar on. The officer who had checked them through just shook her head as he went by.

It took them another ten minutes to walk to the Department's building. Julia was pleased that Henry didn't mention the officer's remarks. She didn't want to get into a debate over whether she was going to be leading him around like a dog. By nine o'clock, Henry was working away at his desk and Julia was on her way up to see the Minister.

She bumped into a frowning Suzanne Trench in the corridor. "Is there a problem?" Julia said. "Any thing I need to tell the Minister? I'm just in to see her."

"No, it's not work, although you could ask her if she's read that briefing on the Entrepreneur Scheme."

Julia was disappointed that Suzanne hadn't heard anything back. She'd thought it a good piece of work and had encouraged her to send it through. "I'm sure she'll get back to you soon. But it's not that you say?"

"No. It's Ollie -- Oliver Hughes -- the guy I've taken on sponsorship. He got stopped this morning and the stupid man didn't have his ident card. Now he's cooling his heels in Lambeth Police Station."

"You'll want to go over there and get him out, I suppose?"

"I think 'want' is the wrong word! 'Need', is more like it, although I feel like leaving him there a while so he maybe thinks twice about it in the future. It's not as problem if I go over there is it? If it is, a few hours being 'talked to' by the MCF might improve his memory. But, I mean, how could he be so stupid? Today of all days? He must know that the MCF would be twitchy as hell after yesterday."

Julia shook her head. "Well, whatever you think is best. We can have our discussion on the Entrepreneur Scheme later this afternoon if that works for you. I'm going to be busy most of the morning with the Minister and any fall out from that."

"Thanks," said Suzanne, obviously relieved that the problems with Ollie weren't going to make things worse than they needed to be.

Julia headed on to Sylvia's office, keen to show that things were carrying on as normal in spite of the security situation.

"You have a ten o'clock meeting with Ms. Courten, Minister. Is there anything you need in addition to the file?" Julia asked as she stood in front of Sylvia's desk. Behind her, through the window she could see the green leaves of plane trees lining the street outside bright in the late spring sunshine. They seemed to confront the gloomy mood that had settled on government offices since the bombing.

"No that's fine. I suppose you've seen the coverage of the arrests?"

Julia nodded. "I'm assuming it's more than a case of 'round up the usual suspects'?"

"It had better be or the MCF and the Home Secretary will be even deeper in the manure than they are already. I'm glad I haven't had to answer the questions that have been coming at them from back benchers in the House. Whether or not the MCF have cocked up, no minister wants to have be on the defensive over something like this. Still, first indications are that it's a poorly supervised individual that managed to fall in with the wrong ideas. I've made the point to the PM that we need to strengthen the sponsorship programme if we want to reduce the risks of things like that happening. She was very supportive of what I was proposing. I don't think we'll have any more trouble from the Home Office or Education over Ms Courten's programme. Anything you can let me have that will support that sort of argument will play well with the party and the PM."

Julia looked a little startled at the cynical way with which Sylvia had sprung to take advantage of the Fordswell atrocity to promote her own interests, even though she had been thinking much the same way herself before the bombing. "So, no evidence of a dissident group, just a lone bad actor?"

"That's what the MCF are saying but we'll find out more in time. Whoever is behind it they managed to mess it up. Put the bomb in the wrong place, thank goodness. Otherwise it could have been the nastiest mess since the IRA tried to kill Thatcher back in '84." Sylvia folded her arms as if to draw a line under an unpleasant discussion. "How is your own sponsorship exercise going?"

Julia smiled, thinking back to the way that her conversation with Henry had gone the previous evening. "We're working things out. It's been so helpful to have Ms Courten as a mentor, obviously. I think Henry is actually finding that it's working well for him."

"And for you?"

Julia felt a little uncomfortable discussing her personal situation. "Ah, it's strange, sharing the place and stranger still that Henry used to be my boss but there are compensations. The flat is great, of course, but I'm getting used to the benefits of having Henry on hand as well. And I'll confess to taking a little advantage of things as well. I guess I'm more comfortable with it than I expected. Anyway, I asked Henry to bring Ms Courten up. She should be here any moment."

Almost as soon as Julia had spoken, there was a knock at Sylvia's office door. In response to Sylvia's peremptory "Come!", Henry appeared, following in the wake of a leather-clad Raven Courten. He seemed to be walking awkwardly. Julia realised that it was probably a combination of being aroused by Raven's arrival and the fact that his cock was still locked in the chastity device. Raven took off her leather trench coat and handed it to Henry without looking at him. He took it almost reverentially.

Henry had barely finished hanging up Raven's coat when Sylvia's office door opened again to admit the bulky form of a woman that Julia recognised but had only rarely come face to face with; the Prime Minister's Principal Political Advisor, Claire Dobell-Bull.

Dobell-Bull had a disturbing reputation of not suffering fools gladly and barely suffering anyone else at all. She was known as someone that wanted to push decisions through and get things done. One of the Prime Minister's oldest friends and longest serving political allies with the scars to prove it -- the two had been at University together -- it was Dobell-Bull that was credited (or reviled, depending on your point of view) for much of the thinking behind New Order and its rise to power. Her intimidating physical presence with broad shoulders, hips and bosom and her unconcealed sexual appetites, had given rise to the nickname "Bull-Dyke" which she seemed to enjoy.

"Good morning, Claire," Sylvia Atterbury looked surprised. She had evidently not expected to see the PM's enforcer. Normally Claire's attention was focused on Home Affairs, Justice and Treasury, the departments that were contributing most to the changes in society. Departments like Sylvia's were usually spared Dobell-Bull's attentions unless they had done something particularly problematical. "What brings you over to Work and Enterprise?"

Dobell-Bull looked around the room as if she was searching for something to disapprove of. She took a last puff on the cigar she had clamped between her lips and stubbed it out in the ash tray nearest to her with an aggressive relish that Henry found disturbing. "I felt like getting out of the office -- take a break from banging heads over this Fordswell business. Thought I'd try to find somewhere with a lower density of fuck-ups per square inch." She thrust her hands into the pockets of her loose tweed skirt and smiled at Julia in a way that she found disturbing. Julia wasn't convinced it was a good thing that Claire thought them less incompetent than other departments, that might prove a hard expectation to meet.

Claire scanned the room. "Seriously though, about your sponsor support thing -- the PM wants to be sure that the programme covers the right topics - sponsors need to be doing a better job. Work & Enterprise is obviously the right place for implementing this but I think the PM's office would like final say on the syllabus. Just to make sure we're ticking all the right boxes. And of course, I was keen to meet Ms Courten. This seemed like a convenient opportunity."

"Well, of course. Let me introduce you. Raven, this is Claire Dobell-Bull, from the Cabinet Office. Claire, Raven Courten who is supporting the programme with her own expertise and using resources from her network of contacts." The two women shook hands. Raven had to admit to being impressed with Claire. The two women might have a very different view of how to dress but they shared an enthusiasm for getting things done. The reputation Claire had for cutting through problems in pursuit of the things she felt important meant Raven was pleased to have her interest.

Sylvia, though, was uncertain of whether to take Claire's words of support at face value or not. She would rather have got on with the project without Number 10 looking over her shoulder. On the other hand, to use one of Claire's own favourite sayings, it was better to have Dobell-Bull inside the tent pissing out than outside the tent pissing in. She turned to Henry, "You'd better bring another cup for coffee."

The four women sat down at Sylvia's conference table as Henry scuttled out. By the time he returned they were deep in conversation about the Sponsorship Support Programme. He put a coffee cup down beside Claire and filled each cup in turn. He put a plate of biscuits down. No sooner had it touched the table than Claire reached for it, pulling it closer to herself and picking up a couple of bourbons before giving Henry a smile of approval. "Good to see you are adapting, Sir Henry," she said.

Henry nodded. He didn't feel at all comfortable that Claire had remembered him. Anonymous obscurity was something he preferred these days when it came to the PM's office. Still, there was one good thing, he thought; there was no danger that Dobell-Bull would think that he had anything to do with any decisions that were being made.

As Henry finished making sure that the others all had coffee he over heard Dobell-Bull saying, "The PM's pleased with this. She's particularly interested in getting more professional support to the sponsorship programmes. I understand there's a proposal to use your members to run multiple sponsorships in addition to supporting existing sponsor arrangements."

"It's something we'd be interested in exploring," Raven replied. "The Minister and I have had some discussions about how it might be made to work. We've certainly got a largely untapped pool of expertise in my members and it would certainly benefit the Government if we could find a way of harnessing that. There's some regulations that are left over from previous legislations that might inhibit it, though. Tax arrangements are really set up for domestic sponsorships. It's hard to see how that can be fitted with a commercial enterprise."

"We can get that sorted out. I can fix Customs and Excise and Treasury; there won't be any problems diverting multiple personal tax benefits to a corporation tax allowance."

Julia found herself admiring Claire's approach. The combination of her decisiveness about what was needed and the certainty that she could bring about the change needed was refreshing, even if she thought she would never be able to emulate it.

"How soon do you think you could have, say a dozen of these up and running?"

"With the right support and financial backing," Raven turned towards Sylvia who nodded enthusiastically being reluctant to be seen as putting anything in the project's way, "three months."

"And that would cover how many sponsorships?"

"Twenty each for a group of ten of us, we were thinking; so about two hundred."

"Well that would be a start. After the business last week the sooner we can get a tighter grip on those that aren't being properly sponsored yet the better it will be for everybody." Claire got to her feet and picked up another couple of biscuits with one hand while brushing crumbs from her skirt with the other. "Right," she said, "I'll leave you to get on with it," and disappeared as suddenly as she had arrived.

Julia watched her slightly in awe as she went.

"Well, Julia," Sylvia said, looking up from her place at the head of the table. "It sounds like you have some work to do. I can't say I'm pleased that Claire's attention is focused on us but maybe that will mean we'll get the things we need. Can I leave the details to you and Raven, perhaps?" Sylvia stood up and shook Raven's hand.

Julia knew the sound of strategic delegation when she heard it but on this occasion she felt she was more than up to the challenge. For the first time in her role, she felt she could actually make things happen and carry through the policies they had discussed. She smiled and gathered up her files. "Of course, Minister," she said.

As she and Raven turned to leave, Julia caught Henry's look towards Raven. It was anything but chaste and respectful as he handed her long, black, leather coat back to her. Julia felt quite jealous for a moment, but then recognised Henry's weaknesses were only to be expected. "Henry, behave yourself!" she chided.

"Sorry, Ms Fain," Henry apologised, a guilty look on his face.

"Well Julia," Sylvia said with a smile, "it's good to see that you're taking your responsibilities as sponsor seriously."

"Thank you, I'm trying," said Julia. She was becoming more at home with the Raven's ideas of how a sponsored male should be supervised and it was clear that Henry's behaviour still needed some work doing on it. "Henry, we will talk about that and whether it fits in with the Respect Agenda later on. We may need to take advantage of a few more of Ms Courten's ideas, I can tell."

"Of course, Ms Fain," Henry responded. He found the new, sterner Julia both disturbing and arousing. He wasn't sure how life in his new home and at the office was going to turn out but Henry couldn't help thinking that he was really a very lucky bunny indeed.

Post Script

"Now, Henry," Julia's manner was austere. She was normally easy going but one of Raven's classes had explained how important it was to address problems in a clear and direct manner as soon as possible after the event. The more she did it, the easier she found it to take a controlling position and, curiously, the more she found she enjoyed it. "I wonder if you could explain to me what you think I might be cross about?"

Henry looked bashful. He was standing in the living room in Julia's apartment. Sun was streaming in through the windows across the Thames and in the kitchen he could just hear the radio news chattering its way through the gossip of the day. "I suppose it was how I reacted to Ms Courten," Henry ventured.

"I think we both know that is exactly the cause. You really must do a better job of concealing your interests and enthusiasms. Ms Courten is bad enough but don't think I haven't noticed the side-ways looks you've been giving to Suzanne too. It embarrasses people and it shows a lack of respect to me and to the individual concerned."

The words 'lack of respect' brought Henry up short. The Home Office had just launched their latest campaign focused on what they called 'The Respect Agenda'. Their were posters up around the office and on advertising hoardings on the streets too. The last thing Julia would want would be for him to be behaving in a way that looked as though it contravened a new Government initiative.

"So, I've decided to beat you." Henry was startled. Julia had never indicated that she might enjoy or even be prepared to inflict pain. "I really think that it is important that I replace Ms. Courten as the focus of your submissive desires and if it means I have to thrash your hide to do it then I will. She told me that punishment didn't form a big part of your meetings. Perhaps it will help you to change your focus. Would you drop your trousers and pants and bend over the back of that chair, please?"

The combination of determination and politeness in Julia's words unbalanced Henry but he did as she ordered. A moment later he felt the hard rubber ball of a gag being pushed into his mouth and strapped in place. "I don't," Julia said, "want to disturb the neighbours."

Henry grunted as Julia tightened the straps and winced nervously as she ran her hand across his naked buttocks.

He was steeling himself for a blow when he heard the doorbell ring. "Stay there," Julia commanded and he heard her leave the room to answer it.

Moments later there was the happy chatter of conversation. Henry could make out the voices of Raven Courten and Suzanne as the women came into the room. "Now don't mind Henry," Julia said. "He and I were just about to have a bit of a chat about the Respect Agenda and how it affects staff in government offices, but that can wait for a while."

"It looks," this was Suzanne's voice, "like you are planning a rather one sided chat."

"Just ignore him, he is too fond of attention," said Julia.

"You do seem to have got to grips with Henry's foibles quickly," Raven contributed.

"I'm finding it easier by the day," Julia responded. "And I'm beginning to enjoy it too. I'll confess that I had reservations about sponsorship but I'm finding it's not so bad after all. Once you get the idea that its a process that needs to be gone through to keep them behaving properly and it's not just cruelty for the sake of it, it becomes much easier to see what's needed."

"Well, I'll confess I'm finding it difficult," Suzanne said. "Ollie is being a real trial and its not easy putting those few ideas we went through in the demonstration session into practice."

"That's exactly why we need the full programme," Raven added.

"And don't be discouraged by his run in with the MCF," Julia said. "He was very respectful to me the other day when I bumped into him in the corridor. That would have been just after you'd had him fitted with his restrainer I think."