Drachne Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Orist punched the wall, sighed, and turned to head back up the ladder. "Leave. Leave and never come back. I'll pretend you died. That's the best I can offer."

---

The carriage glided smoothly to a stop, and Finia took a peek through the shutters. Her foot immediately began to drum against the floor as she saw the estate.

It was enormous.

There was an elven guard opening a gate to allow her carriage to pass through, to a winding road that led up to a house that had to be at least twice the size of the temple and all its grounds.

She knew that he was an important figure, but she hadn't realised that there were still people who could build places as large or grand as this. Figured it was a lost art, like the creation of the palace.

A solid rap on the door of the carriage made her leap into the air with a start. She gathered herself, and then spoke in her most commanding voice, "Enter."

It swung outwards to reveal a stiff elf in a dark suit. He had a small blue bowtie, with a white pearl seated in the middle of it. He bowed to her with an exaggerated flourish, "Madame Leolian. I am very pleased to meet you, I am called Elebert, and serve as the chief of the household."

"You will introduce me as Lady Finia de Leolian." She instructed him.

He finished his bow, "But of course. May I sit? Or shall I meet you at the house?"

"You may join me." She inclined her head, very slightly.

He stepped into the carriage, and closed the door, sitting down across from her. His eyes flicked across her, and she could feel his attitude change.

"Yes. I am a buneko." She stated gratingly, "But I am also the Lady Leolian. You will remember that, and you will teach the staff to respect that. His lordship has left the estate in my hands, not yours."

Elebert's ears turned pink in shame, and he looked at his feet, "Apologies, my ladyship. I am much out of turn."

There was something about his voice, some hesitancy. Finia couldn't guess at what it was, but she knew he had something to say.

She crossed legs to stop her foot from betraying how nervous she was, trying to appear confident and calm. Exuding the regal charm of a true companion, "We must trust one another. The estate cannot fall into disrepair because of either of us. What concerns you, sir?"

The elf smiled weakly and looked away from her, "You shame me. It is true that there is a concern I have, but it is within the very capable hands of her ladyship. It should not be a worry."

"Speak, then." She replied, "Allow me to ease your worry, by being forewarned."

He winced, "I... Am at an impasse, m'lady. I was commanded not to speak of it."

"By whom?" She said, putting an edge of fire into her voice.

"I cannot say."

She crossed her arms, "Unless it was either Lord Leolian, or the empress, you will utter it to me, now."

The man cringed, "Lady Trescotte. Sister, to Lord Leolian. She waits to greet you... To... To..."

"To criticise me, whilst pretending she has any say in whether or not I am approved." Finia said for the nervous man, before smiling and giving a small laugh, "Lord Leolian warned me that something like this might happen."

"I am sorry for my cowardice, m'lady." Elebert said softly.

She grinned broadly, and jingled the bell on her ankle deliberately, "I am a companion, trained to the highest standards of the temple. I assume that Lady Trescotte demanded that you prepare a separate bedroom for me?"

"Yes, m'lady. In the east wing of the house, as far from his lordship's bedroom as is possible."

She shook her head, "Lord Leolian told me to sleep in his bed. Thus, I will do so. We won't be intimidated by his sister... Which has me curious. She can't expect to be the primary heir, can she?"

"No, m'lady. That would be his lordship's younger brother. Lord Ereoli." Elebert said nervously, "He is an officer, serving beneath Lord Leolian."

She smiled, her marbled eyes lighting up excitedly, "Well. We will throw a neko among the pigeons. I would like you to spread a piece of knowledge among the servants, in the coming days."

"M'lady?"

"A buneko's pregnancy cycle." She said simply, "They can become pregnant fourteen out of sixteen days. Also, when purchased, a companion is required to sleep with their master within twenty days, to earn their bell. We made use of a room in the temple."

He stared up at her, "M'lady?"

She shrugged, "Everything I have said is true. There's also no chance I'm pregnant, but there's no reason to let that whisper make it to my political rivals. Let them fear that I might produce a dozen heirs in a couple months time."

"Months?" He forgot propriety in his astonishment.

Her cheeks popped as she grinned, "Two months. That's the length of a buneko pregnancy. During which, I will become hatred incarnate. Growing a half dozen kits in that short a time, makes for some fearsome hormones."

"I... See. M'lady."

She shook her head, "You really don't. If one of these... Shall we call them competitors? If one of my competitors irritates me during a pregnancy, I'm liable to drum their head against a wall. I may be delicate, but not all of me is weaker than a human."

He nodded, "I will prepare myself for such a time, m'lady."

"Good. So, moving on to some more things you must prepare for." She took a deep breath, "His lordship loves my eyes. They also make me half blind. I can only see dull colours, and I cannot see to the end of a hallway. I can smell incredibly well, but my eyesight is terrible. You will have to be my compensation for that."

"I will instruct, and assign, a handmaiden." Elebert replied, "You have a half dozen servants who are already awaiting you. One of those, I will select to assist you in private matters."

A half dozen servants.

All of her own.

It was going to take Finia a hell of a lot to get used to be the mistress of a powerful lord. A man who had the ear of the empress, and the weight of the world on his shoulders.

She nodded, "That sounds... Acceptable."

"M'lady, as you appear to not quite be used to things, allow me to overstep and explain a few things." Elebert asked.

She gave a small nod.

"From this day forward, you will not dress yourself. You will not bathe yourself. You will barely be permitted to raise a fork to your own lips." Elebert said with concern.

One of her ears stood on end, as she managed to determine where she was in the social hierarchy. The things that were permitted, and expected, of a woman in her position.

"Oh." She said with disinterest, "I assume that Lady Trescotte is also a lady of the first class? It will be irritating to intimidate her... Hmm. Ah. I have an idea."

"M'lady?"

She shook her head, peeking out the shutters, "I didn't say I would share the idea. And we seem to be arriving. You will announce me by my title, and then I will interview my servants. I will not speak to Lady Trescotte, until a time of my own choosing. You will relay that."

"Y-yes, m'lady." He said fearfully.