Dragon Clan Mother

Story Info
Desperate measures are needed to save the bloodline.
4.8k words
4.18
26.9k
34
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
qoo123
qoo123
153 Followers

This erotic story features anthropomorphic (furry) characters, intelligent humanoid beings with both animal and human characteristics.

"Dragon Clan Mother"

SHORT STORY

New blood. Strong blood.

Those words swim in my head, tantalisingly so. They whirl and swirl, echoing through my skull in the manner of a splitting headache; instead of pain, pleasure emerges. They spell out my concerns, my needs. The clan's needs.

New blood. Strong blood.

As the Clan Mother of the dragons of the Southeast, I am (rightfully) the most powerful specimen of our race to be found for hundreds of leagues. I rule, as matriarch, supreme. Nowhere in these mountainous wastes does such a prominent outpost of our kind exist than the hewn-rock halls I call home. This demesne, it is mine — and mine alone.

I open my eyes, rising from the boiling steam of the volcanic baths. My vision is misted from the vapour. Heat, well in excess of the tolerances of non-dragons, fills the room. Slowly, it clears, and visibility is returned. I raise a scaled hand and motion for my attendants to come forth.

Casting my gaze around the room, I see the fine craftsmanship of the chiselled walls bent to serve us. I can barely remember those who built this place. The name of their kind, or their appearance. So very long it has been since my ancestors drove them from their mountain realm in a storm of death and flame. All I can remember is my mother's tales — handed down across generations — of the capture. My favourite was the one that described their taste: how my ancestors gorged themselves on the fat barrel-like folk, growing fat themselves, for their flesh cooked well under dragon-breath and retained a juicy, succulent quality even under the harshest burning. I paid no heed to many of the other stories, and what they documented, because what greater pleasure is there in life than a good meal?

Hmm...there is another, but I digress...

My attendants are here now, awaiting command. I stand, the waters coming up to my belly, and turn to the female beside me.

"Alyss, proceed to my chambers. Once there: tidy it, in preparation for tonight." I speak with a commanding tone. The small dragoness obeys. She knows her place.

"Yes, Mother-Of-All."

She departs. I lift myself from the bathing pool and stretch my wings. A dark, imposing shadow is cast on the far wall, where the fine stonework meets the invading chaos of natural rock formation. The black silhouette moves with me, its wings extended to their fullest. Looking down into the pool at my feet, I see my reflection and can't help but admire it...

The goddess in the waters stares at me with emerald-green eyes. Her ashen lips curl into a proud smile, revealing a mass of pointed teeth which fit together almost perfectly. Two large horns protrude from the back of her head, affixed to her skull and continuing under the skin until her brow — dotted with ridges of bone along the way. Red scales, in pristine condition, flow across her body. Not a single scale damaged or missing. I watch the reflection move closer, as I stride forward. She glowers back in admiration. Her naked body shines in the torch-light. Solid shoulders, covered in harder scales, coloured a duller crimson. They lead on to impressive arms, muscles tightly wound beneath the draconic exterior, terminating in well-maintained claws. I lift an arm, my admirer mimics the action. I watch the black-tipped digits flex and curl, a bunch of razor-sharp talons, forged from heated fibre and bone. Perfect for slicing and cutting and dismembering. How I miss the feel of terrified prey, a hand gripping their torso, and the screams they make when I start to squeeze. Some races last longer than others, some are a tougher kill than others. It matters not in the end.

I catch her giddy with excitement, the water's reflection attracting my attention once more. She lowers her arm in time with mine. A large pair of breasts sit on her nude chest, well-rounded and heaving. She cups them, so do I. The smooth feel of underbelly scales in my hands is most welcome. Soft, plump, ripe for feeding hatchlings. They tingle under my massaging, nipples swelling and hardening into tough, leathery nubs. Scratch this! I try to ignore the burning need, there will be time enough for that tonight...

I see a thick core, rippling with strong muscles, in the pool. Still covered with lighter, tenderer scales as the upper chest was — one would be foolish to think a dragon is vulnerable there. Hopefuls get only a single chance to prove their slaying skills, and have yet to land a blow on my body. Are all lesser beings such fools? Ah, my mind wanders again. I am in no hurry. The goddess in the waters gazes at me still, eyes locked onto my stomach. It is a pretty stomach, no shame in admitting this fact. Voluptuous. Below it lies a hidden treasure: a thin, barely visible slit between the legs. Our kind are streamlined for flight, therefore our organ's profile is minimal, emerging only when the time is right. Males carry theirs in a tight sheath, which loosens when aroused. Females' lips present themselves when stimulated. My hand wanders, finding its wayward way to my entrance. I force a finger inside, roughly, eliciting a gasp. I clamp shut my jaws, keeping the sound from escaping. It would be uncouth to moan in the presence of a servant.

Extracting it hastily, I feel a slight pop as my talon is removed and my womanly gate shuts. I check that my other attendant hasn't noticed. He stands there, head bowed, a submissive clan-drake.

I spare another look at myself. Vain, I know. But who wouldn't be with such a delicious figure? Broad thighs flank the source of my fading pleasure. The rest of my legs are covered in the same red scales as before — they drip with condensation and water from the bath. Imposing foot-claws tap on the rock floor, feet capable of crushing wooden houses, thatched dwellings, and to an extent castle walls. Beautiful. Yet fearsome.

New blood. Strong blood.

Again I hear myself repeating those words. As I admire my form they come in force. Shouting inside my head. The need grows.

My long, spiny tail strikes the ground, cracking the stone floor. It is restless. I am restless.

I sniff the air, clearing my head. Clarity of purpose returns; I must be ready. Extending my wings to their fullest I inspect them in the liquid mirror. No pockmarks or scratches on the grey membrane. Good. Care of one's wings is perhaps the most important part of a dragon's daily routine. For if one cannot fly, one cannot hunt, one cannot survive. We take care of our own, but there are limits to hospitality. I study them closer, and call for the attending drake to assist. He bows and approaches cautiously, tip-toeing. Then he checks the rear of my wings for blemishes. I sigh and close my eyes, leaving him to work.

Since the passing of our last Clan Mother, it has fallen to me to ensure the survival of our clan. It has been my duty for three years now, and the harsh times we have found ourselves in have done nothing to improve the situation. Clans traditionally raid the lands of plenty to the North and East, and feed off the spoils. My mother led our kind to glory, allowing the clan to flourish and grow huge — well beyond what the land could support, it seems. Starving dragons make unruly subjects. I have broken many rebellious dragons to keep order. I see them sometimes, limping through the halls of our mountain fortress. Pitiful, weak creatures.

Pitiful...weak...

It is an unfortunate truth I find myself uttering those words with frequency. I look back on my serving-drake, who has completed his inspection. The last few droplets of moisture evaporate from my hide.

"I am dry. Bring my jewellery."

"Yes, Mother-Of-All."

Our kind wear little in the manner of clothing. We see no purpose in hiding our divine bodies from the eyes of our prey. What fascinates us, however, is splendour: jewels, precious metals, and opulent materials. Finery befitting our status as the greatest creatures to walk the face of the world. I, as the Clan Mother, have claim on the best and most magnificent pieces of adornment. Dragon-smithing is a talent many possess, but masters are few and far between. My mate — when he soared in the skies — was one such master of metals. His breath melted gold, silver, and bronze without scorching or ruining their lustre. He was possessed of great control over the bounty of the deep earth. It was he who gifted me the jewellery I wear to this day. I see it being brought to me now, in the hands of a pathetic drake — an insult of the highest order to even suggest he belongs to the same species that produced my late lover.

What has become of us, that we are bereft of quality males? Some curse from foreign lands? The poor returns of our raiding parties this past decade? I watch him approach. He is thin, nothing but skin and bones, diminutive in size and weak in form.

Bundled in his arms is my apparel. "Mother-Of-All," he murmurs, showing me the items he carries. I nod, and he begins to dress me. Mother-Of-All. I think on that title. A humorous affectation, for I have borne but one child in my lifetime. That will change, of course. That must change.

Mother-Of-All...Mother-Of-One suits me better...

I remain still while I am dressed by my attendant. He starts with piercings, a fashion many dragonesses adore. First: my breasts. He can barely reach them, so I hiss and bend my knees to let him place a golden bar through each nipple. The cool sensation of the metal sends shivers down my spine and tail. He pushes them through the flesh, averting his gaze when he can out of respect and fear. Once done, he caps each end with rubies, sparkling in contrast to the dark aureolae surrounding them. Second: my nether-regions. A line of gold rings to decorate my secluded entrance. Third: my skull. So shapely, he cannot help but pause to admire it. The encrusted adornments he places bring a touch of gaudiness to my appearance — but with that comes dominance.

Forearms. Upper arms. Thighs. Shins. These are covered with braces, plated metal shaped to my figure. Rings and anklets are added. My attendant produces the final piece: a thin satin-like cloth, sourced from unknown lands in the distant South. I watch it, semi-transparent, flowing in his arms. I hold out my arms, and spread my legs slightly. The comfortable fabric wraps around my chest, supporting my bosom. It flutters between my legs, fastening around my waist. The routine is complete.

I look to the serving-drake. I am curious now.

"What is your name?"

"I...it is Marash, Mother-Of-All."

"Hmpf," I sneer; the name means 'unimportant' — his mother evidently shared my disdain. "Get out of my sight," I order. He scurries away with his tail between his legs, grateful to be dismissed without causing too much offence to his superior.

A final time I view my reflection. I stretch my body, striking a dominant and enticing pose. Seeing it, I can already feel my whole self warm to the sexual energy it exudes. My lust increases, strengthening, as does my purpose.

A majestic sight to behold!

And it is I.

* * *

Winter cold is upon us — I feel it as I walk the halls, freezing air blowing in from the mountain's exits. Successive icy seasons have made food scare, our hunters travel father and farther to provide for the clan.

I growl, alone. Many of the males presented their catch and left, abandoning the clan. I curse them. Selfish. Self-centred. Scratch them all!

They fly for greener pastures; they seek adventure and excitement abroad.

It is my duty, as Clan Mother, to breed new, strong clan-drakes. For this purpose I must select only the finest males among us to mate with. Those with powerful wings and talons, bearing great endurance and swiftness, blessed with innate hunting prowess. Those are the kinds of specimens I expect to tend to me, to seed me with hatchlings. Where then do I find one, if they all scatter to the four corners of the world at the mere onset of hardship!?

By the ancestors I am in need! The fire returns. I had hoped to indulge in our clan traditions this season. Curses, tear their worthless wings! I have been left with nothing.

Soon I arrive at my chambers. Inside the cavernous room I spot Alyss replacing the bedding. The rich silk matting of my bed area is being swapped out for fresher material. Alyss works away — a wrap of dismal fabric binds her bosom and a simple loincloth hides her feminine slit from sight. She had come of age not one year ago, born to a now-departed dragoness. Despite the disappointment her mother must have felt to hatch another unimpressive addition to the clan, it was a cold, cold thing to abandon her in such a manner. I brought her under my wing, in the way of a surrogate. Some day she will mate and breed, and I have high hopes she will bed Kerann. My son.

Kerann...

My thoughts are consumed with him. I picture him deep in Alyss, ploughing her fertile field, giving to her a strong brood. I shake my head. Now is not the time to obsess over his future, it is all our futures I must be concerned with.

Alyss finishes her bed-making and moves along the carved walls, lighting each brazier mounted there with a burst of dragonbreath. The orange light flickers off of the numerous piles of treasure I keep here, rays of firelight bouncing from polished metal, dancing across the walls, floors, and ceilings of my private chambers. A dragon's hoard is a precious, precious thing. A mark of status, of power, accumulated over the years. My forebears fought long and hard with realms far and wide to secure a rich bounty of treasure. The exotic and the ordinary mingle amid the assorted mounds of shining ingots.

I step further into the room. She notices the noise my claws make on the floor. She spins around, wearing a look of fear on her face. No doubt she wonders what has put me in a sour mood. I ignore her worried expression and stride forward, the semi-transparent gown flowing between my legs. I am entering a state of arousal, with nary a suitor in sight. My red scales glimmer in the firelight as I caress my body. I run a clawed hand along my belly, emitting a pleasant murr. Smooth, soft, wishing to be filled by a worthy male. My wings tuck themselves tight behind my back.

Alyss completes her rounds, all the fires lit. I stand before the large bed as she joins me by my side.

New blood. Strong blood.

My blood. Strong blood.

My blood?

The idea entices me. Drawing me in with its luscious appeal. I must breed. I have put this off for too long. I must...even if there is but one suitable to provide me with a capable brood.

"Alyss."

"Yes, Mother-Of-All?"

"There's been a change of plan," I say, "I shall not entertain an evening with one of the remaining clan-drakes."

"Shall...shall you wait another season then? For the strongest to see the error of their ways and return home?"

I laugh. The rancorous guffaws I bark out fill the chambers, echoing into and through the adjacent hallway. "No," I compose myself, "send for Kerann."

"M—M—Mother-Of-All...?" Alyss was unsure, I see it in her eyes. Will she dare to assist me in despoiling the bonds of blood? Will she dare break tradition with impunity? I hope she sees the desperate situation our clan is in, and the measures I must take to improve our lot.

"Scratch tradition!" I cuss. She flinches, it is to be expected. Having been raised to respect our clan's ways leaves one rigid, inflexible — unable to do what is necessary. But she is young, and not set in her ways. She will see the truth in my words. "And I care not what mewling males too afraid to venture East, too afraid to flee their families, say. They do not deserve a moment of my time."

I take a breath. Anger builds up inside, mixing with my lust, forming a powerful whirlwind of emotion. "I have delayed breeding for long enough, I must bring new life to this clan."

"As you command, Mother-Of-All."

* * *

For an hour I sat on the bed. To my mind, that's what it seemed to take before he arrived. I hear him enter, tail dragging on the floor. My heart-rate quickens.

"You called for me, mother?"

I smile. My back faces him. He sees it not. My tail shifts in the bedding, running along the silken surface. I tingle deep down.

"I did."

"What is it you want?" he asks impatiently. By the ancestors, he is growing rude in his adulthood!

I turn in place to face him. The clink of my jewellery can be faintly heard as I move. His eyes watch me, study me, intent on discovering my purpose for summoning him. He takes a step towards me. The clack of his claws warms my soul; a heavy sound, signalling his weight, his power...

Kerann stands tall in the room, a testament to his father's legacy. His scales shimmer red in the firelight; a deeper red than mine. Black streaks curl their way across his body, breaking up the ruby colouration. His broad body a wall of muscle, of draconic strength. Long horns, a fearsome maw. His wingspan great, they even bear the tell-tale green undertones his father sported. I am proud to see him shine bright in adulthood, an eternal flame of youth and power. The glorious product of my loins. Swift. Stalwart. Impressive.

There stands a worthy male.

My blood. Strong blood.

"Do you intend to abandon us?" I ask with a heartfelt tone.

"I seek to fly East, to adventure, if that is what you mean. Like many have done before." He looks at me, carefully gauging my response.

"You care nothing for your home, Kerann?"

"I care, mother. Tell me, does caring feed us? Does it keep us in good spirits when boredom eats away at our hearts?"

"You say nothing but selfish rumblings. My son, my own son, does not put the needs of his clan first."

"Call it my clan if you will. But do you honestly believe that? Most have already left..."

This is true. Those Kerann called friends or comrades are gone. He is waiting as long as he can, but the loneliness is (understandably) intolerable. What loyalty to the clan remains in him, it won't last.

"Very daring of you to think this, my son."

He reaffirms his intentions: "the clan is dying, the clan is spent. Scratch the clan," he sneers, "they have done nothing for me or any of those who flew."

"So be it. Fly East when I am done with you."

"Why have you called for me, if not to berate your son?"

I sigh. Now I must explain to him my desires. "There's only weak-blooded runts to keep one company. A worthless lot. I need a real male, an alpha — to bring new life to the clan."

He narrowed his gaze. "You don't mean—"

"I do," cutting him off, I tell him the truth, "you will breed me."

Kerann splutters, coughing. Quickly, he recovers. His incredulity fades fast, however, as a peculiar lust of his own seizes the youthful drake. He moves closer. "I...I like the sound of that..."

"I expected as much. You father was powerful, majestic, and is long dead. Now you inherit his passions, his taste in females."

"Oh I do, do I?"

"Make him proud."

Normally clan-drakes prove their worth to a female with tests of skill or strength. To be granted the right to mate, to raise a clutch of hatchlings with the Clan Mother was the highest honour. Even with the knowledge of our familial bond, Kerann found it tough to push his natural inclinations to one side.

"Make father proud," he grinned, "on one condition." Kerann walked up to me, his loincloth barely covering his already-swollen length, flexing as he took each step. "After I tend to your...needs, you let me fly."

It is a harsh decision I have to make. He will likely never return, the pull of venturing out into the wider world is strong. I hold no recollection of any clan-drakes who decided to return. Stupid, I curse my sentimentality. The needs of the clan outweigh the needs of a mother to keep her family.

qoo123
qoo123
153 Followers
12