Dragon Clans Bk. 02 Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Be careful Lo-Chan, while you may have a brief opportunity at this moment in which you believe you have me where you want me, I can assure you the truth is far far different."

Lo-Chan simply nodded as he picked up his phone, unsure if this course would not ultimately lead to ruin, not just his own, but the other Chosen and all of humanity as well.

-vVv-

"It looks as though Nicholas and Lo-Chan will be coming any time with about twenty operatives."

Nigel was cautiously optimistic since he had received word of a group of Lo-Chan's men being flown into his compound in Singapore. Twenty he could deal with. His fear had been waves of hundreds of men and women, brainwashed and sent with the single purpose of wearing them down. Twenty he could deal with.

"Bravo team arrived this morning Sims, twenty bodies and gear, I want you to take charge of them. Onji has brought in forty of his people as well so we should be in good shape when the fight does come."

Sims nodded as he looked over the plans for the castle.

"We'll want patrols on all sides, heavier toward and in the close forest perimeter, lighter on the cliff side. If they come at us from the ocean side it will be from the air. I'll start a rotating watch with shared teams of ours and Onji's men with the rest setting up the defense gear at the castle."

Nigel regarded the map and the locations Sims was pointing out for the defensive emplacements.

"Make sure you put some motion detectors down on the cliff face, it wouldn't be the first time that an un-scaleable cliff face was used as an effective penetration point."

"Break the teams up two to one, two of Onji's men with one of ours, that will give us twenty teams. Lets have ten teams on perimeter security and ten on defense."

"Will do Nigel." Sims said as he gave Elise a quick hug and left to pull together the teams.

Elise had been quiet through Nigel and Sims' discussion, but now she was starting to feel like a third wheel and wanted to help.

"Is there an infirmary or medical supplies on site, I had a bit of medical training, I could help if there are any wounded." Elise's' hopeful tone brought a smile to Nigel.

"That would be very helpful Elise, we have one medic, Carly Taggert, she should be down with the equipment in the main hall, introduce yourself I'm sure she will be glad for the help."

Elise gave a bright smile as she turned and headed for the main hall.

"Lo-Chan would not send only 20 men if there was not something unique about them Nigel-San."

Onji turned away from the window where he had been watching his men form up and get their instructions.

"It may not be as bad as you think Onji, he may be under the impression that we are in such a weak and unprepared position that he need not bring a larger force."

Nigel's statement was not delivered with a great deal of conviction.

"Let us hope for all our sakes you are correct."

Nigel didn't see the worried look on Onji's face as he left the room to check on the preparations. Onji held his tongue, knowing that his own fears would only unsteady his old friend.

Walking over to his desk Onji sat down heavily, the weight of his many years walking the planet, of fighting the good fight beginning to bear heavily on his shoulders.

The fight that was to come filled him with dread. It was an unseen cloying darkness that floated just beyond his grasp. There was something different in the feel of this battle, something that laid its cold clammy hand over his heart and could not be loosed.

Memories of the debacle when they had freed Sin-Cho rose up, causing him once again to mourn the loss of so many of his finest. He had never fully understood how Lo-Chan had been able to defeat his forces so totally, his intelligence indicated that there were only thirty or so people guarding the compound. But that couldn't have been the case, perhaps if Lo-Chan had been there then it might have been a worry but he was half a world away when they had attacked. It was another unknown that haunted both his waking and sleeping consciousness.

Shaking off his worry and reaching for his inner center Onji straightened and picked up the phone, calling the security office.

"Have Katsimodo..." Onji paused, wondering if the errant thought that crossed his mind was that or something more before continuing. "...and Sin-Cho come to my office immediately.

Onji turned from the desk, looking over at the ancient rice paper glyph hanging on the wall. The symbol was simple, but its meaning profound. From chaos the future is born.

He felt sure that chaos was coming to his doorstep, his hope was that from it would be born something that could combat the darkness he felt closing in around them.

Katsimodo and Sin-Cho came into the office, their obvious joy at being together soothing somewhat his rising uneasiness.

"I need you both to watch over our guests. Katsimodo, if you will please liaise with Nigel and his man Sims. We need to put together integrated teams with our personnel and Nigel's men who have just arrived."

Onji noted how Sin-Cho stayed close to Katsimodo, how she always seemed to have some part of her body in contact with his. It brought a small smile to his face knowing they had formed such a deep connection.

"No problem, all of our men should be here within the hour. I will meet with Nigel, Sims and Tera to see how they want everything deployed."

Onji looked weary, Katsimodo had never seen his friend and mentor in such a state.

Onji noticed Katsimodo's concern but could offer little in the way of explanation. He did his best to bolster their spirits.

"With Nigel's team and our men we are in a strong position, just make sure everyone stays sharp, I'm not sure what Lo-Chan has up his sleeve. We need to be ready for anything."

Standing and turning back toward the window, Onji's words had a hint of melancholy.

"Stay close to each other, love each other. You never know what fate has in store for you. Sometimes the greatest of tragedies can hold the seeds of your greatest achievements. Michael is the harbinger of a new era for our kind, though he is young and new to this life I sense in him great potential. No matter what happens in the days to come watch over him, be a guide or friend to him as needed. The road ahead of him is filled with twists and turns, it will be a great help to him to have those around him be able to navigate the future."

Onji turned and smiled at the two young lovers, hope kindled anew at the reality of their bond.

Katsimodo was on edge as he left the office. Onji was rarely worried, it was his nature to always have planned many moves ahead. Katsimodo held Sin-Cho's hand a little tighter as they walked down the long corridor a sense of impending lay heavily on his heart.

-vVv-

"How did you cope with the strangeness of all this Millie?"

Valerie had found Millie in a small rock garden along the wall of the Keep while she had been out for her run. With Tera tied up in the coming defense and Michael off doing his morning run she had found herself at loose ends.

Millie looked at the young woman, who was as close to a daughter as she would ever get, with deep fondness. It was the one small regret she had from choosing the life she had with Ian.

She, better than anyone, understood what Valerie was asking.

"Every life has challenges Val, every relationship has them as well. When Ian and I met we were both very young, younger than you or Tera or Michael. We were brought up in a different world, the times were harsher then but also simpler. We fell in love in a whirlwind of passion and need, I knew almost from the moment I met him that I was destined to be at his side. Of course I had no idea what that meant at the time."

Valerie watched as Millie got a far away look in her eye as if for that moment she was somewhere else or more accurately sometime else.

Millie shook off the impending flood of emotions. Taking Valerie's hand she tried to think of what words of wisdom would have helped at the start of hers and Ian's long journey.

"The best advice I can give you Val is to love them both with your whole heart. Don't hold anything back. The relationship you find yourselves in is something very unique, it is by its very nature magic. Trying to live an ordinary life when none of you come close to ordinary is just not possible. Hold Michael and Tera close, be everything you can be to them and take everything from them they are willing to give. You never know when the last morning you will see them shall dawn."

Valerie folded her arms around Millie as the tears finally came.

Deep wracking sobs tore through Millie as she wept in Valerie's' arms. Ian was gone, her other half, her reason had slipped away from her, become lost in the writhing eddies and currents of infinity.

She hadn't had the time she wanted. Although they shared centuries, it still seemed too short, too finite. Millie had told Ian a hundred thousand times that she loved him, showed him in the most subtle and overt ways that he held her heart. And yet, every gesture, every whispered endearment seemed to break and scatter on the wind as the full force of his loss finally broke through her soul.

'This is what love does, what it is at its most pure.' Valerie thought as she cradled Millie. 'No evil, no deed, no word or action can cause such heights of joy or depths of pain.'

"I learned how to love from you and Ian. Watching the two of you together, the easy comfort, the shared joys and the halved sorrows."

"What you and Ian forged over lifetimes Millie does not diminish with his passing. It lives on in your heart and soul, in the memories of everyone over the long years who have seen the two of you together, experienced through you what true love can be."

I won't say that I understand your pain Millie, I can only hope that however many years lay before me and Tera and Michael that we can experience something close to what you and Ian share."

They sat holding each other for some time before Millie finally roused herself.

Driving back the weight of Ian's loss, his memory, her deep unabiding ache for him, she knew she needed to get a grip. There was more to be done, those to be shepherded before she would, as Ian had, pass beyond into the last great mystery. She did not fear it now, for she knew there would be a warm smile and comforting arms to greet her.

"Come on, lets go find Nigel and Tera, there must be something you and I can do to help the cause." Millie spoke the words with fire but Valerie saw that the fire never reached her eyes. Sighing she followed Millie towards the keep proper, worry creasing her brow.

-vVv-

'Freedom.'

The word had a new power to it as he rolled the word around in his head watching the sunset over the lush valley below Lo-Chan's mountain fortress. For centuries there had been no peace, no escape from Sirrush's constant intrusion into his thoughts.

Yes, after decades of trying Nicholas could shield a few of his thoughts, his deepest darkest secrets. But aside from that there had been no escape, no respite from his lieges' machinations. That was now not the case.

Lo-Chan's formula had taken effect almost immediately. Nicholas had been amazed at the completeness of the change within his mind. He now held two spaces in his thoughts. One the everyday workings and what he wanted Sirrush to see. And the rest, ah, the rest was a nearly limitless expanse of space and quiet where Nicholas could work in peace, setting his own goals, whether they coincided with what Sirrush wanted was now a moot point.

Nicholas came out of his reverie as Lo-Chan joined him on the balcony.

"You are pleased with the result?"

Lo-Chan's voice was low, well modulated, not giving a hint of the intent behind the question, though Nicholas already knew what he was looking for.

Turning to look at the man, Nicholas, for the first time in centuries, felt gratitude to another.

"It performed as you said it would Lo-Chan."

Nicholas let the power of his new found freedom into the response which brought a small smile to Lo-Chan's lips as he changed the subject.

"Good, then we can move ahead."

"Transportation has been arranged, we will be leaving tomorrow at dusk and should be at Onji's compound around 3am. I have surveillance teams on the ground giving real time intel."

With his new found control and Michael's death coming with the following dawn Nicholas found he was in a rare good mood.

"You have done well with this Lo-Chan, I had my doubts but you have proven yourself to be an ally of the clans. You and I shall build a new world together."

Nicholas paused to look at Lo-Chan, saw the shadow in his eyes.

"Something troubles you Lo-Chan, your worried about a world in which I am the sole arbiter. That is...understandable. You need not worry, my plans do not include watching over the whole of the planet, you will be my right hand, ruling half of the globe answering only to me."

He watched Lo-Chan relax some, he had guessed correctly that the man was worried about his place in a world where the other side was no more. But Nicholas still had concerns. Lo-Chan had always kept his plans very close, was the least forthcoming of all the allied clans. Now, when Nicholas's goals were so close he would have to keep Lo-Chan very close.

"I will need full disclosure on the rest of your work Lo-Chan, while the boon you have discovered because of it brings me much, it also gravely concerns me, dolling out our gifts to simple humans could bring ruin to our kind. I will want to be kept in the loop from here on out. Our survival and dominance is my only concern. Your work, while providing benefits could also foreshadow the end of our kind, and I will not let that happen."

Lo-Chan had known it was coming, it was why he worked so hard for all those years keeping his work secret from all of the other chosen. Nicholas was right of course, if left unchecked his work could get out of control very quickly, changing the balance of power that had been held by their kind for all these many millennium.

However, Lo-Chan kept his own council on many things, Nicholas' sudden forbearance would be used to his advantage, his own plans for the future would not be sublimated to Nicholas' or anyone for that matter.

"Of course Nicholas, it is good to know that you and I have a clear understanding of what the future holds, and who will hold that future in their hands."

Nicholas let a smile cross his lips but didn't turn to Lo-Chan or offer an opinion on the statement, choosing instead to change the subject.

"Why the sudden interest in taking the fight directly to Onji's door Lo-Chan? I thought that you two had come to a truce of a kind years ago?"

Out of the corner of his eye Nicholas saw Lo-Chan stiffen.

"Onji and I have a long standing feud, recently there has been some...movement on that front."

The air was still between them for a moment and then the choice was made.

"I have arrangements to make for the operation, I will see you tomorrow evening Nicholas."

With that Lo-Chan walked away leaving Nicholas alone to watch the suns final flare before the world was shrouded in nights dark cloak.

'I'll have to pay special attention to this women, if Lo-Chan covets her so much then there might be something there to peak my interest as well.' Nicolas thought as he turned to hunt down Darion and find his own entertainment for the evening.

-vVv-

Katsimodo was tired as he made his way back to his room.

Nigel's team was extremely professional, after working with them all afternoon to integrate them with their forces he felt better about what the next days would hold.

He had seen Sin-Cho off and on throughout the day, a smile always accompanied the sightings. Love was a new emotion for him.

For so long his life was about the clan, about training, about making sure he was prepared and ready when he was called upon.

Things had changed since that night those many months ago when he and Onji had walked into a seeming ambush. That they were able to rescue Sin-Cho had been a minor miracle, but then those had become more common as he learned the true nature of the world.

Sin-Cho had added another dimension to his life, it gave him a new perspective on what life could be, of how truly important what Onji and Michael and the rest of the chosen were fighting for.

She wasn't in their rooms when he returned. It wasn't unusual. Many a night she didn't return to their room, opting instead to stay in the room Onji provided for her on the other side of the keep.

He missed her but knew that she still needed her own space, that living in captivity had scarred her deeply and that those scars would never truly heal.

Stripping down he started the shower and took care of his necessities.

Stepping under the scalding water felt good on his tired muscles. He rested his head against the white tiles of the shower, letting the water sooth his body and mind.

The depth of his weariness was evident in that he never heard the door to the bathroom open.

Didn't sense the motion in the room.

His body tensed when finally his senses registered that he was not alone in the large open shower but by then it was too late.

Gentle kisses landed across his shoulder blades as he felt Sin-Cho's body mold to his.

The sharp points of her breasts pressing themselves into his back.

The heat of her lips as they left a burning trail across his skin far hotter than the water.

Her silky mound rubbing lightly against his flanks.

"I wasn't sure I would see you tonight."

His voice was quiet but thick with emotion, it brought a smile to Sin-Cho's lips.

"I would be no place else tonight, who knows what tomorrow may bring." She whispered in his ear as her hands wrapped around his waist holding on to him tightly.

Just as the emotion of love was new to Katsimodo the same was true for her.

Katsimodo turned, pulling her into his arms. His hands slid over her wet warm skin his need pressing into her between them.

Their lips met as they joined. Tongues languidly dueling as she coiled her leg around his waist allowing his entry. Neither were in the mood for the slow building passion they usually pulled forth. Here on the precipice of whatever the immediate future held they simply needed to be joined, to feel the connection between them.

Katsimodo slid easily into her warm depths. A feeling of peace washing over him as he moved slowly, spreading her open inch by inch, feeling her stretch to accommodate him.

It was so different being with Sin-Cho than the handful of other women he had known before her. She completed him, made him more than he was and in this one simple but all meaning act that was truer than any other time he shared with her.

Sin-Cho moaned into Katsimodo's neck as his hardness filled her. She loved this moment the most, where the two of them became one.

"Please."

Her voice was husky and full of passion as he fully seated himself within her.

She clasped her muscles tightly, locking him briefly there at her center, becoming one animal joined in the purest form of union.

Sin-Cho groaned as he gently reversed his motion, his length pulling out of her, the warm center of her feeling empty for a moment before he filled her again before repeating the wonderful motion.

Slowly at first and then faster and faster still his body moved into her. Sin-Cho could not stand and wrapped her other leg around Katsimodo's waist, trusting him to hold her, to keep her safe, to take her to that place he so often had.

Sin-Cho felt light in his arms, as he swung her around bracing her back against wall. His focus was their joining, of reaching that place where they would, for the briefest of moments, cease to be individuals and become an all encompassing one.