Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I see why Corellon put you into this role now. As to our lost champion, He went in on his own, without informing me, and destroyed the Drow champion and Palace, as she was Loth's Queen as well. True seeing glasses will be made available to all Kings, Queens, Ambassadors, Generals, and above.

As well as Captains of your Royal Guards and Personal Bodyguards. As they become available. We are all vulnerable to being fooled by our eyes and need to look in the spirit or souls of those in front of us to see what is hidden.

The Neutral Dragons contingent I was surprised and glad to hear they would actively participate in this for any Kingdom in turmoil, even my own. The commandeering of my port without discussing it with me? Let me say I was less pleased about that, but Tallion is right. It is for the greater good.

This turmoil over the ocean could be going on for months, as well as the new land. We should be bracing for what is coming and helping to get this frontline Palace and fortification in place needs to be done. We do not have the luxury of years to let it play out and then build."

Tallion bowed to them all and left the room and set his plans into motion. Tallion informed General White Oak what he wanted. General White Oak was shocked, "Six weeks?"

Tallion laughed, "Ask Solonar if he approves. It is the only way to settle this land before the Comet arrives. I'm betting he will say to take those directions even longer as he would know what it will do to those below us. Else the land is likely to be all mud and sand in that crater. Dutchess Moon Bow was not happy about it either.

Get advice from the druids about replanting the land as well. She is working on it while they work on gathering what remains to be salvaged from the Royal Compound. She wanted to declare war on King Fire Axe for the scope of the damage.

We know that would have been a mistake as we need our allies, even when they make mistakes as King Valinta did by ignoring us, King Heart Stone with no planning, and King Fire Axe with his quantity of explosives."

Tallion ended the communications as General Cresent Moon walked in he sighed, "I was told the Queen was in a meeting but wanted to see me."

Tallion nodded, "Likely to become the new Field Marshal. Silver Sword died in Valinta." Tallion brought him up to speed on everything that was going on and the new marker on the world map which soon had 5 others with it. The Giants quickly launched an attack on the mountains while staying high.

They drew out the giant Half-Dragons and slaughtered them by the hundreds. Metallic Dragons stayed out of the fight which forced the Chromatic Dragons to do the same. They were stalemated while this internal war of Giants played out over the next 6 months.

When it finished the Giants remained over the area but only 3 flying mountains remained, with 3 others going south. They rotated one in every month bringing in supplies and such as needed. They planned to observe for a few years or more. A new King was crowned 6 months in with a new court.

They recovered most of the treasury and were taken to the building site of the new palace as it was being built while floating in the air. King Andrew looked at it, "Very well. The Alliance has stood to see a peaceful transition, and worked to build me a new palace even. I will sign into the Alliance in the previous Kings stead with the standing agreements."

Tallion was there for the meeting at the building site, "Not all of them. The ports and Palace area, most of the central section of Valinta will not be shielded from the coastal waters. The land occupied by your people will be, Your Majesty."

Tallion explained what was going on, what it would do, and the fact that new ports would be constructed for his navy where the land settled out to be, if possible as he could have all land out that way. King Andrew understood the plan after having lost most of his family in the fighting he liked the idea of 'Drowning the fucking Drow.'

He was a human and a former commander, but all of the generals had died, and he was hailed a hero in the final push to send the Drow back underground. He could see the tactical advantage of the plan.

The clearing of the land for new construction once things had settled. What was being built would be his base of operation, half fortress, and half palace. Monstrous in size and scope but ideal for being on the front line with giants and Dragons potentially.

He came to understand why more Elves and Dragons did not get involved in the fight and went to evacuating the innocent from the area instead. All while bringing in a show of force to keep them from being attacked or usurped from another Kingdom.

Most of those evacuated returned. The Neutrals saw that they were of Valinta and not infiltrators as those found were sent back immediately. The 6 weeks of rain turned into 12 on the advice of General White Oak after getting answers from Solonor on the matter.

The druids were happy to help the land recover as they spread out and worked to add new trees all over the area. Even bringing in Silvertree seeds from other areas to help expand the rate of growth to those trees replanted.

---

Loth was left with a full-fledged civil war for over 10 years before the decadent houses of old arose within the 11 Kingdoms and her crown jewel had gotten dismantled from within. She had 300 million Drow now and the clergy were told to keep reproducing.

One city was destroyed from the Elven City they attempted to attack. It had caused a steady flooding effect for months. Rain and finally large sections of the ceiling destroyed one of her cities. Over a million Drow died as they tried to escape the flood that came. She had no idea it was all created by elves with storm magic and a few underground rivers that broke open.

Loth ordered that they kill nobody, make them driders or female Drow slaves but to keep fucking and having children. She needed more followers. She also had them seal off access to all upper levels of the Underdark for now with human explosives and trapped with the same.

She now knew she was at least 200 or more years out before she could put a champion on the field. What this comet brought might be the end of her people in this world as they listened to her as though her fangs were gone.

Yet she had over 900 years before she could walk in her lands and fix the problem. For now, the defenses were laid out to try and trap anyone who came into the Drow area. To blow the tunnels as she had only a fraction of an army that became battle-hardened on House Wars.

---

Horgax 1st, year 0 5th Age of Dragons

The Alliance Dragon activated the coastal shield network they had put into place the week before as the Comet came into range or Darian and completely altered its elliptical pattern and affected the ocean swells and tidal surfs. The ground shook under the changes as well in a constant tremble for the entire week.

The Chromatic Dragons had never considered the problem as their port cities and many of their followers were killed directly or washed out to sea even before the arrival of the Comet Dragons Heart.

They worked to quickly evacuate into lands that were unclaimed wildernesses as the cities by the seas they ruled over began to be washed away. They did not train many mages, fearing giving them too much magical control. This even included Half-Dragons at this point, never for an evacuation.

That left them short on those who could perform the efforts short of true dragons. The giants were not as concerned because they were further inland and in the mountains. The Storm Giants had 12 flying mountains that had moved off to the wilderness at the direction of their Champion.

Another 28 flying Mountain tops went up the Chromatic coasts that had been abandoned but high above the rolling seas below. Another 67 waited out over the oceans to be informed of them finding a new home. The 12 flying mountain tops had moved off and over the same wilds, the Chromatic Dragons had been working to evacuate into.

Many died in the attacks that occurred. The champion of Task was killed in an explosion with the Champion of Stronmaus, the God of the Storm Giants. Several hundred storm giants, Rocs, and 3 mountain fortresses fell over the area and killed several hundred dragons, Half-Dragon, and slaves of various races.

Shortly thereafter the 9 remaining mountain fortresses departed the area and scattered to scout the lands to find a new home for their people. Most toward the other 28 that had headed toward the far eastern region over distant wildernesses that were largely untapped and only lacked mountains for them currently.

The 28 waited as a few others scouted with the bulk of their forces high above the oceans, as were the Cloud Giants in 4 Fortresses. The dragons did not pursue the fortresses as they still had followers to be evacuated. They started with the stronger Dragonborn and Half-Dragons but went back for more breeding stock.

There were humans in villages across this part of the world and they would have to work to subjugate the smaller numbers and letting them grow into a viable population base first given the losses they suffered.

In short, the Orcs, Ogres, and Giants became their primary sources of Half-Dragons. Most of the Giant Half-Dragons were killed by the Storm Giants. They suddenly found all of their Dragonborn followers, hundreds of thousands of them had died.

They ordered them to be eaten immediately or put into portable holes or preserved. Food supplies for the young. Too many to waste. This occurred across the world and into the Underdark. Loth watched them all fall as she felt the magic that would increase her followers' fertility to double what they were before.

Her enthusiasm about that was lost quickly as those ocean swells pushed water and debris from the surface and destroyed the dwarven explosives. Then all of her human explosives meant to block the areas instead got pushed as more debris and she had 5 of her 11 remaining cities destroyed.

150 million followers suddenly stripped from her in a scream of rage as they all drowned or died from the incoming ocean that was not letting up. She ordered her clergy and rulers to evacuate 2 other cities before they were destroyed. Most listened, finally.

When it was all said and done, The Waste, a vast bottomless pit that separated parts of her kingdom became its saving grace. The bridge across was destroyed, but the rushing ocean just poured into it. but she was left with 4 cities, and her pillaged jewel which she ordered to be rebuilt on the backs of every slave and to its former glory.

Else she would rip all of their spirits out and end their existence in this world. The Drow clergy got the surviving houses to comply as they needed refuge for the survivors. When the first day was done she had 113 million survivors with which to work from and starvation threatened them. She lost 186 Million Drow in the floods from the surface.

Arcane magic would help but new farms had to be cultivated. It was a dark age for her people as they found they were back to basics. Loth knew this new surge in Elven's fertility likely meant the same for Corellon and the others as well. Something in the deal IO made.

---

The One had all of the Gods assembled in his area again, but it was not quite as crowded. Loth was back and pissed, obviously weakened as was Task it appeared. Stronmaus appeared worse for wear but better than Loth.

The One looked at them all, "You are all barred from speaking with each other or me during this meeting. The Avariel are extinct in this world."

He knew of the one champion and she was not a threat in any manner. He knew her purpose as crafting material, alive only to give Moradin access to the area to help create a volcano for the future. He saw no need to count her. Moradin would do what was needed soon enough and had been done before on other worlds.

"The Duergar are extinct. The two remaining settlements were Drowned. The first and largest destroyed in a massive explosion years ago when 17 of Loth's tunnels were collapsed. Their Gods are no longer represented here. Several human Gods who had followers are now gone from this world or they died outright as they only had followers on this world.

They all lost faith in those Gods. As their followers are all deceased or enslaved and being bred by Chromatic Dragons into Half-Dragons, by the Half-Dragons, and not in as large a numbers as they had hoped for given the events of the last week with the Ocean becoming aggravated by the Lunar changes to the Moon Darian.

The Chromatics Dragons failed to prepare for the ocean while setting up their base of operations on the ports they captured. Loth has lost 2 champions, one she killed herself. The Lady of Dreams, Task, Stronmaus and 12 other human champions including the 7 whose Gods lost all followers have died. They no longer have a seat in this world's affairs.

Along with 2 other lesser deities to the Dragonborn who are also gone from this world. This is day 1 of the 5th age! Your champion Corellon, Tallion Silvertree, has saved more lives of your Alliance and killed more of the lives of your enemies. Including the extinction of the 25 million remaining Duegar on this world and over 186 million Drow just today!

Over 211 Million deaths just today. Far more than Tiamat's Avatar's rampage on this world. All with his plans for the storm surge he did take into consideration. The ideas of a motivated champion who took in every ounce of information around him and used it to aid your cause.

Extremely impressive for a mortal champion, worthy of recognition here, let alone a Half-Dragon one. In all of the worlds, this has occurred no champion has gotten that high of a kill count on the opening day of a board reset request by the Gods!

A champion who planned the protection of your Alliance's coasts, while harnessing the unforgiving ocean with the help of your Alliance member of the Metallic Dragons in protection. While the dwarves aided in the explosives needed for the ocean to go that deep. At least that quickly.

It would likely have breached without it over time with that much water. This Alliance aided the Elves in helping to save many other races, including Humans, Halfling, Gnomes, Fay, and the Centaurs who joined them or are protected by them by proximity.

All but the Avariel that Tiamat had already killed before he was made a champion, else he might have saved them from becoming extinct on this world. Over 5 times higher than any other race! Let alone a single champion's ideas doing all of this planning and coordinating.

That was the first board reset that was done by the dwarves and the dragons had those numbers killed. Numbers across their entire species with Avatars in play for all of the Dragon on both sides of the conflict that killed 40 million on that first day in IO's rage upon the world at it being allowed.

That gave this option to all greater deities, but only once. Though he could not have done it as effectively without the Dragons and Dwarven support in particular. The rest in your Alliance that chose to listen. As he continued to impress in the War Room and on the battlefield in the years leading up to this event.

You know the other Gods lined against you will be looking to take this champion off the field. Yet you chose an excellent champion for the beginning of this age and whose kill count is vastly higher if we added in the earlier conflicts. The 8 of 13 Drow cities he had a hand in destroying with floods and over a million Drow and 11.5 million Duergar he killed with that move.

A 9th City, the largest, by the Champion of the Lady of Dreams moved to take Loth's Champion off the field and succeeded. Another clever champion with a single goal, to destroy Loth's Champion. In so doing, he destroyed a city ruled by this Champion Queen as well in the end.

Loth's first champion threw a sea of bodies at Tallion's forces with the Duergar and Shadow Dragons in the opening days following Tiamats rampage until now. All of her goals all but crushed by his efforts and planning. No dwarven forges were captured, instead, they melted into the lava of that Kingdom's volcano.

Tallion was there to bury the lower levels personally Loth. You commented it was something a dwarf would never do, but Tallion knew right where to amputate the losses and save the Dwarves from your attacks. Dwarves had not signed into the alliance yet, but the dragons responded to work saving the other Kingdom at his request.

Because their King, King Fire Axe, had plans for destroying the lower tunnels and that was key in Tallions request to bring in ancient adamantium dragons to send your trapped forces teleporting away or dying in the fires they unleashed.

The shadow dragons are low, even for them. Nearing extinction in this world. He did these things to protect your people and the lives of those aligned with you. Now to why we would normally be here as these recap of events are seldom done or to this level of detail.

Yet the Dragons set the precedence for the briefing after it was requested by the dwarves. The Dwarves were the first to ask for a reset of the world and the dragon's accomplishments were handled similarly and the numbers were impressive back then.

Several other worlds have had these resets and accomplishments were read out to the masses to reflect the field. Now those 2 lesser deities each had champions who met in battle and killed each other in the days before the 5th age.

Yet it was a part of IO's agreement. The loss of the Dragonborn in this world and those 2 lesser deities lost all of their followers in the deal. Over a Billion of them died with his agreement, and not through gifted planning. As his complaint centered around dragon hunters and his Dragonborn were the biggest culprits.

The True Dragons were promised to be the Apex predators of the worlds they reside upon. That is why the Dragonborn all just died with the Comet's arrival. This affected every one of you.

All Elven fertility was increased, including Loth's followers as another part of this deal as I knew it would impact them the most and this was a means to placate any objections by being fair in this matter. This was not requested by the Elves but demanded of me.

In the end, they will lose far more than most, for both groups. As the Chromatic Dragons targeted them from the beginning, as I knew they would. Loth is seeing this far earlier than expected. They could both be extinct in the end. It will wane off at the beginning of the 6th Age at my discretion but will end for all parties at the same time if they survive the 5th Age.

Corellon knew some of this and voiced his displeasure when IO made the deal to reset the board on this world. Tallion was right on another matter, this is just the first day, there are 300+ more of them coming and the death tolls from them cannot be avoided, even for you Loth. As the earthquakes start and the plates begin to shift into the second day.

The oceans will not be kind to anything or anyone. Sahagian or Sea Elves who have also gotten trapped here right now because I cut off the outer planes for travel access except to the Astral Plane for a neutral meeting ground where a few meetings thus far have occurred. Over 200 million of the Sea Elves and Sahagian each have died thus far due to the violence in the oceans.

It plays no favorites and the Hellfire worm, The great Dragon, has awoken and spawned its infertile replacement before it began its hunting as this has awoken the creature. A non-aligned evil dragon bound to no God who will destroy any other dragons or creatures it comes into contact with. All for its devil master, this one has no such master.

It will potentially kill all dragons and all life, if not taken out...somehow. It favors dragons as food above all other living things. Magical gear and relics as well, but dragons are at the top of its dietary wants and everything else living in the world. This will hopefully be the last meeting I have over this world.

1...56789...12