Dragon Wars Book 1 Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Unless an arbitration is called for and I pull you together for that. Now you know the other terms IO signed onto to get the world reset. I promised IO that Dragons would become the Apex predators in this world, the Hellfire Dragon shows my commitment to his request.

A request only a Greater Deity can request, yes that was aimed at your attempt to do it, Loth. Only one has not and I hope Corellon learns it is not something he wants in any world. It is simpler to accept the fate of your people if they fail on a world than try and reset the board."

Everyone went back except Corellon, "Speak your mind."

Corellon sighed and chuckled, "You set my champion as a target for all of those against us. You stated I would have to compromise my principles and I did in selecting him."

The One nodded, "I know you see it that way, but you had to make that call and it was your decision. You had others who were worthy pure Elves. His success though is much higher than even I had predicted. It bodes well for your people not going extinct, but it is far from over. The permutations will take thousands of years to figure out and get a clear perspective given the changes he has thrown at this world. He is a polarizing figure, capable of bridging races."

Corellon nodded, "I wanted to say one other thing. As to 'resetting the board' on another world. It ends. I will never make that request. I will ask it never be allowed again as it is an affront to nature and the order of natural selection which is key to the other Gods who follow me."

The One smiled, "Noted and recorded. Your request in that matter is granted. If you had taken the option it would have opened the door for every Greater Deity to drink from that well again. I could not tell you that. Not until you made that choice.

After Tallion, give that house a rest. They will be reviled by your enemy for thousands of years. Follow the children of his married daughters for most of this war in new houses.

Those married off into other houses. A boon for Tallion's extraordinary work in following your demands upon him and blowing them out of the water! He is the most naturally gifted champion to take the field thus far in any world. I am sorry he was not the Elven champion you hoped for, but he is and will always be the better champion that either you or Bahumut deserved.

I see things happening that will work to break his spirit. I will leave them a mystery for now. Keeping his family name out of play for champions, only as heroes, for the rest of the 5th age should be a goal of yours if you choose. I see his line following you again in the 6th age.

As great-granddaughters far removed, marry back into that house. A House that would be worthy of one of your Moon Blades you plan to create on this world, as you have on many others. The second blade, after the creator's blade, should follow his family line for all that he has done for you at the very least.

My boon to you in shutting off the resetting of the board and that is not to be discussed with anyone, except The Lady of Dreams who will need to know for future reasons. Never with another, even Tallion, after he passes until this world has ended at least.

The one house you will likely seek to become the family of your champions is his. It is not guaranteed, but your chances of surviving into this Elven utopia we discussed are much higher with his House than any other house by a factor of a thousand!"

The One sent Corellon away and was happy to have that one issue settled.

---

Corellon appeared in his realm, his home, and the Lady of Dreams looked at him, "You were gone for far longer than I expected."

Corellon sighed and sealed his abode from all intrusions, "The One told me, one day this world would end. That I would likely have to choose a house to have my champions born from in the 6th age as a House of Champions if you will.

He stated House Silvertree had the best chances of getting those Elves from this world to survive and moved to another world. A world that would be an Elven Utopia by comparison. My chances for that for any of our elven people are a thousand times higher by using his house. His heirs.

Most of our enemies would not follow these Elves in moving to this new world. I told him I would never ask to reset the board. I asked that it never be allowed to happen again. It was against the natural order of the Gods who follow me.

He granted my request for that and gave me a boon to be shared only with you. Said you would play a part in making this happen. He gave me a boon for my decision and a warning. House Silvertree should have no further Champions in the 5th age, heroes sure, but no champions as they are too well known after that announcement.

They will be hunted, the entire house and we all know that. The future champions should follow and be selected from his daughters who marry off into other houses and their offspring. The future holders of Moon Blades should all descend from his line, only for the elves on this world.

Some will marry back into the Silvertree line thousands of years from now. He has exceeded my best expectations and he is not done yet. The One stated he went far beyond his predictions as a champion as well.

That something is in the works that will break his spirit if we are not careful. He also told me he was the Champion that Bahamut and I did not deserve. Likely because of our views on his mixed heritage."

The Lady of Dreams smiled and then frowned, "I know his dreams. He wants to know how many died from his actions with the Drow. He wants them eliminated just as you do, yet he does not want to become the Drow.

You know he carries no journal, and that the dragons keep a history on all of our champions when these wars occur. He does not keep one for one main reason. He does not want to be remembered as the champion who compromised Corellon's principles.

The 'token Half-Dragon' or the 'token half-elf.' You choose the title as they are still both him. You chose him because he could see the world the way that he does. Traits from his heritage as you know. You would have preferred to find that in a Moon Elf or Gold Elf. He knew how to unite the militaries. He knows how history is written and rewritten, by the living.

The fact the first champion to the 5th age was of House Silvertree will likely be written, or documented in the Silvertree journals on the Estate. With no mention of him being a Half-Dragon, only a Moon Elf because of family bias on mixed races.

Many, if not all Half-Elves, will likely have their races stripped to reflect pure elves and potentially their first names from the annuals of the Blade Singer halls if a suitable Elven translation is not available.

All to show that he existed, he achieved, and he trained 3 others and became your Grand Field Marshal and Champion. Yet they will strip his mixed heritage from the books when a future ruler wants to rewrite history, likely early in the 6th Age when we step back.

We both know this has occurred before on other worlds, not a Champion, but rewriting history to reflect a Half-Elf being a Gold, Moon, or Wood Elf. They will remove the fact he was anything but Moon Elf, a brilliant Grand Master Blade Singer, and chosen Champion to lead this Alliance first.

The Dragons are the only ones who will keep it known he was a Half-Dragon and what his first name was, or truly was. Yet they tend to bury history and sometimes reveal it at the oddest times. Someday, one of his ancestors will likely see the truth of the matter in something from the Dragons.

This son or daughter will not care if he was a Half-Dragon. They will simply be proud of who the ancestor was and what Tallion accomplished. They may not know if they are a direct descendant of him or not unless the Dragons track them all.

Which they will as they do in every world in which we end up in war together. The Metallic Dragons anyway. He might add it back into his or her journal. Facts nobody knows about the 5th age but are relevant to why they will always be hunted in this world.

He wants nothing to countermand elven history and bring dishonor upon you in any fashion. He will leave it to the historians to get it right or change it to reflect what the Elven people will accept thousands of years from now."

Corellon sighed and nodded, "You are right, it has occurred in every world. The books get 'transcribed.' 'Book worms' obscure the entry. I will ask Bahamut to keep him remembered, for the future, as the elves will not likely do it thousands of years from now.

They helped to bring Draconic blood into our people and continue to do so. It should be recorded where it will make its way into future rulers' hands. If I choose when those in his house will know this of him. I will wait and see what the future holds. They will know how far back this was set in motion potentially.

That the Kings and Queens of that age get that information from Dragons when it is occurring. If they share that information with the Elven Rulers and to the champion of that age, we will see. His ancestors will know and that is enough for him. I have tried to reassure him, but he is not wrong in his thinking.

Neither are you. Yet I am still very proud of the actions he took. Over 220 million of our enemies have died at the plans he has set in motion. Most of them are Drow. Your champion took Loth's champion off the field. Mine ensured she will not have another for hundreds of years. Potentially ever if these next 300 days finish her off or the Chromatics don't turn to take all of her followers.

---

Tallion rested when Corellon, the Lady of Dreams, and Bahamut brought him into the dreams state. This time the place was different. It was Silent Falls. Tallion kneeled before the 3 Gods before the Lady of Dreams spoke, "Please stand. We found out, though we cannot tell you how, how many died today. That your actions today with the aid of the plan for the breach killed over 211 million of our enemy, over 186 million of them being Drow.

The destruction of Xantria was over 12 million with the Duergar suffering 90% of those numbers in that action. Both actions wiped the Duergar from this world. Before you panic, there are hundreds of worlds and they exist on many of them. You just removed them from this world. That makes you the deadliest champion we have ever put on the field or any other Champion of any other God.

You surpassed many God's Avatars unless they were all on the field battling, which has occurred to the mass death and destruction of hundreds of worlds over the years. It could still happen to this one. Your wives will be told, Queen Goldeagle, King Fireaxe, and the other members of the Dragon council most likely will know.

They will not talk about the numbers. Queen Goldeagle will likely give you a medal, not for these deaths. A medal for the coastal protection efforts that you insisted upon to save the lives of millions in the Alliance. You looked at what the seas would do and saw to it that those with the power acted instead of waiting.

We don't know how high the floodwaters will get. The Dragonborn dying was caused by the Comet's arrival across the world. All we are allowed to share with you. You will be in reaction mode for most of the next year. Daily earthquakes, massive flooding, ships lost, and you get the idea.

The plates of this world will be shifting today and for most of the next year or longer. The tidal surges got high enough today to affect your trap on the Underdark, shadow dragons died as well in that flood of debris and cave-ins that followed."

Corellon looked on as Tallion worked to take it all in. Corellon continued, "The numbers are staggering, but were for the good of the Alliance. This will likely buy us hundreds of years before Loth is a major threat to us, if ever. The next year may kill all of her followers from this Comet's activity.

Because of your notoriety, every Champion aligned against us will be looking to kill you. Also your family. Your Elder for House Silvertree is being warned of the threat to the House simply because you have been highly successful and other Gods know your name now. It was shared with all and not by us.

Bahamut looked at Tallion, "You carry no journal, and the Lady of Dreams told me why. I will say we keep records on you, as a Half-Dragon. Someday one of your ancestors will know the truth to carry it forward in your family line. A part of your history will not die because of some Elven ruler wanting to rewrite history. You impressed many Gods, even the enemy Gods who loathe you."

Corellon looked back over, "Future champions will be the progeny of you, but they will be from your daughters in other houses and their children. Dragons record that information. To show where some branches marry back in thousands of years from now.

When a champion of your house will come far in the future who carries the Silvertree name once again. For your ears alone, one day long before that event, a relic will be made. A sword that will carry your family name.

These other champions will likely also have a sword in their family name. Another relic. All following our line of champions descended from you. I wanted you of all people to understand I have had these relics built on other worlds, but they are rare. This will be made centuries from now.

One day they may very well save our people when this world is facing its end. Crafted with ancient power you are not familiar with. Similar to the blade you carry now, only a living relic."

Tallion nodded, "A burden to carry, knowing I caused the extinction of an entire race with that plan. Yet you stated they are on hundreds of worlds and they will not be a threat to my family in this one. I would ask one thing from you if you will allow it.

This future champion. A half-elf, Half-Dragon, impure, or pure elf. It does not matter, as long as it is the right champion for that point in time for the task at hand. You don't consider it a compromise of your values in the future when that choice is made by you for yours, or the other Champions.

You do what is best for the Elven people as a whole, as you have always done. This is the way I look upon you, I do not see a compromise in your principles as you always do what is best for the Elven people first, just as I do.

You consider the others and not just a Moon Elf or other pure elf when we know Dragonblood will likely be running through their veins. You put the best champion forward as you did with me. That is all I humbly ask of you."

Corellon was moved by Tallion's words and nodded, "I will keep an open mind when this future comes. This 5th Age will not likely see it, but the 6th Age and beyond. I will consider it, sincerely.

I say that because you are giving me hundreds if not thousands of potential candidates generations from now all from you alone. That the given decision will not likely arise in the 5th Age. As the population gets smaller, it would likely be more of an option to consider in the 6th Age."

Tallion nodded and looked at Bahamut, "Please keep my family tree, including my mother after she passes. I want them to know of every dragon who worked to help to create them as well. Without your input into my creation, I would not be standing here today."

Bahamut smiled, "It is already recorded that way and will be kept that way for as long as the Metallic Dragons live in this world. Someday, I will ensure it makes its way into a champion who would carry your history forward. At least for the wielder of one of these artifacts I am sure."

The Lady of Dreams sighed, "It will be all hands on deck for the next year. Mostly in the War Room."

Tallion nodded before he woke to the sounds of the earthquake below. Tallion went to the table and grabbed the crystal for Field Marshal Crescent Moon, "I want you back at the Palace with your group as soon as feasible."

Field Marshal Crescent Moon sighed, "I am working on picking myself up off the ground. Sea levels are 35 feet over normal out here. Look to be getting higher, 2 feet over yesterday."

Tallion ended the connection and waited for his group to walk in. Queen Goldeagle smiled and then noticed Tallion stared at the map. He groaned out, "Ficka to hell. I need the best enchanter we have. Gold Elf and Dragon. I got questions only they can answer, Your Majesty."

She nodded, "I wanted to see you in my court in 5 minutes. No arguments."

Tallion sighed. He knew what was coming and had his wives join him. He went to the line alone and kneeled, "You requested my presence, Your Majesty."

Queen Goldeagle got up and placed another medal around his neck. He knew this one was for 'humanitarian reasons.' Then 6 more from the Dwarves, Dragons, halflings, gnomes, and 3 human Kingdoms, "All of those are for the work you did to save lives of us and our allies with the coastal water issues. Getting us to look ahead to resolve the potential crisis in the lives of all of those communities.

The one from the Dragons was for asking the right questions and to get them started on the right course of action. Par has been overseeing a lot of those activities and has been in awe of your vision into what to expect with everything that is occurring, Tallion. Please stand."

He did so to louder applause than he expected. Several members of House Silvertree were present and they were apparently impressed by him for a change. Tallion looked at Queen Goldeagle, "Lives will still be lost. I put forth my best guesses and ideas for the enchanters to work.

The mooring lines for the docks will likely need another 100 feet of rope added to them in the coming days in all ports. We should look to evacuate further back in all communities or be prepared to move quickly.

Sea levels are 35 feet higher today, gaining 2 feet a day. I have been warned by the Gods this will be going on for most of the next year. The other dire warning I want to be shared here is for House Silvertree. My name and the fact I am the Champion of Corellon are known around the world.

Not just for this, but for the loss of life underground with the traps we set with the dwarves and the coastal surges. Hundreds of millions died, including the extinction of the Duergar from this world. I have been told they exist in many other worlds and not to fret over their obliteration.

The Drow were heavily impacted as well. Over 180 million of them were killed from the storm surges I planned for them for their attacks on us. This means every Champion aligned against me will be hunting me, my family, and those in House Silvertree.

Likely for centuries after I am gone. Being a Champion has some perks, but also many heavy burdens. I wanted the Elder of House Silvertree aware so he can work to protect the Estate in the coming years and the coming centuries. All elven forces, capable of both teleportation and teleportation circles will be needed.

Military, Academy, elderly, or not. As well as our allies who are capable of doing that as they will be needed to handle emergency evacuations to save even more lives as we are only at the beginning of a very long year.

This does not count any battlefronts, but our enemies are likely in the same state in preserving the population. In their case for breeding and consumption, Your Majesty."

Queen Goldeagle had been told not to bring the death toll up. Yet Tallion felt it was important enough not to be ignored completely either. She now understood why he did. Because House Silvertree was present, even after they had shunned him most of his life. They were in danger because of his actions in the field. They needed to know more.

Queen Goldeagle nodded, "I received information on the Duergar and the devastation to the Drow in my sleep as well. You are right, if they all know of your name and having a direct hand in ensuring that happened, House Silvertree would be in danger as a whole.

1...678910...12