Dragonborn Rising Ch. 29

Story Info
Ragnar gains a new ally... and possible lover too.
7.1k words
4.74
17.7k
7

Part 29 of the 64 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/13/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 29 - Blast from the Past

*****

We rode into Morthal before sunset. On first glance, it was probably the most depressing town I'd ever laid eyes upon, not surprised that in all the time I'd been in Skyrim that I'd probably passed the town but never actually been in it. As we rode past the jarl's longhouse and dismounted outside the tavern, we looked around and agreed to stay the night then leave early the next day. I'm not sure what it was, but I know all of us found something a little unsettling about the place.

The tavern was one of the quietest I'd entered. In fact, it was empty except one lone orc. After reserving a couple of rooms, and ordering food and drink, I asked the innkeeper about Morthal. She was just as depressed as the place itself. Next to no trade and strange occurrences in and outside the town. She did ask what we were doing in Morthal, explaining that we would be searching a nearby ruin. She thought that was crazy but wished us luck.

Any hopes that Ustengrav would a simple abandoned ruin ended on its outskirts when we found ourselves under attack from bandits. Though we killed them relatively quickly, there was agreement that we'd find more inside, and if they were busy ransacking it, no doubt draugr would now be infesting the halls and caverns inside.

Leaving our horses tied to a nearby tree, we entered the ruin to find bandits in battle with mages. Seeing mages was a concern, wondering what reason they would have to be there. We watched from the shadows as the two groups fought. Once both sides were spent, and most of them were dead, Aela and I killed the rest with a series of arrows.

Onwards, it was either draugr or walking skeletons, as any mages that made it further in were now dead. Most of the draugr we dealt with were easy enough to take down, but I was now more than aware that more powerful variants would lie waiting for us further within. And, if the bandits and mages had made it this far in, they were probably awake and already patrolling.

What helped us move forward whenever we found ourselves surrounded was the fact I could use my new gift. The words the Greybeards had taught me made my Thu'um incredibly powerful. They called it 'Unrelenting Force', and it sent the strongest of draugr rolling away while it tore apart the weaker versions. I tried other words I had learned, one which caused fire to erupt from deep within myself. That was a surprise the first time I tried it.

Into the depths of the ruin, the three of us did come to a stop at one stage, amazed at the rugged beauty in front of us. It was no longer a ruin but a cave, a waterfall with a word wall nearby, and what appeared to be some sort of garden. "If this wasn't an ancient ruin, and we didn't have to worry about draugr, this would be a nice place to visit," Lydia stated as we walked towards the word wall so I could learn another word.

There are always puzzles to get past, and one of them was rather tricky, requiring using one of the other Shouts I had learned from the Greybeards, which caused me to run incredibly fast. We did eventually run into powerful draugr, who we now understood were also capable of Shouting, though I was capable of withstanding any they used. Aela and Lydia were not so capable, but usually leapt out of the way before they were hit.

Draugr, bandits, walking skeletons, even mages don't particularly bother me. Spiders always had, always will. There was just something about them which sent a shiver up my spine. While Ustengrav wasn't infested with them, there were still enough to cause a shudder, Lydia and I using magic, Aela her bow, to kill the lot of them. When they were all dead, Lydia gave me a look. "What?" I asked.

"You have no problem using magic?"

Shrugging, I said, "I don't use it often but there are certain times. I'm no mage, but I know some basic spells." Holding up my sword, I added, "Though I definitely prefer using this."

Walking down another long corridor, I was expecting another word wall, or perhaps a room full of draugr. Instead, we walked into a large room, with a stone path ahead flanked by pools of water, out of which appeared monuments. Ahead was what I assumed was the resting place of Jurgen Windcaller. We were still cautious as we approached it, and that caution turned to confusion when we saw not a drinking horn but a note waiting for us.

Sharing a glance with my two companions, I grabbed the note and read it.

Dragonborn,

I need to speak to you. Urgently.

Rent the attic room at the Sleeping Giant Inn in Riverwood, and I'll meet you.

A friend

Immediately frustrated, I suggested we talk about it outside, finding the exit rather easily, and as usual, there was a secret exit that dumped us near the entrance. It was still light outside, figuring we'd only been in the ruin for a few hours, and we took advantage of the nearby campsite to rest for a moment after lighting the fire.

"Any idea who this could be?" I asked.

Lydia shrugged and stayed silent. Aela thought for a moment. "Well, the owners of the Sleeping Giant Inn are Orgnar and Delphine. And I don't see either of them fighting their way through a ruin like this. So I can only assume our 'friend' is... someone who knows you?"

"Well, a few know I'm Dragonborn. If it's anyone from before Helgen, then I would question their motives." Folding up the note, putting in my pocket, I suggested we head back to Morthal and return to Whiterun tomorrow. Both agreed, and we found ourselves in the mostly empty tavern again. We did take time to walk around the city, speaking to a couple of the locals. Most complained about a mage that had moved close to town recently. Considering what most Nords were like regarding magic, I gave their complaints an ear but figured they were over-reacting, fearful of magic like a lot of people.

The three of us managed to behave that night, helped by the fact Lydia was in her own room, while Aela and I were both tired after a long day. Add to that, we knew it would be a long day returning to Whiterun, and I was eager to get to Riverwood to discover who this 'friend' was.

Returning to Whiterun the next day was slightly quicker than our original journey to Morthal, and as we still had daylight, we rode past home straight for Riverwood. Wandering into the Sleeping Giant Inn, I approached the female sweeping the floor. She gave me a curious look, and appeared surprised when I asked about the attic room. "Attic room, eh? Well, we don't have an attic room, but you can have the one on the left. Make yourself at home."

I expected my two companion to wait outside, but they followed me into the room, Aela making a rude joke about getting naked and have a little fun. Those two laughed, sitting on the bed, as I took the chair, waiting for whoever asked for us to walk in. I'll admit we all shared glances as the woman I spoke to walked in, closing the door as I rose to my feet. She stood in front of me in silence, looking me up and down. "So you're the Dragonborn I've been hearing so much about. We need to talk."

"How do you know who I am?"

"I'm the one who left the note in Ustengrav."

Now it was my turn to look her up and down. "Seriously?" I asked.

"Surprised? I guess I'm getting pretty good at my harmless innkeeper act. Look, all I can ask is for you to follow me into another room and I can explain what's going on. Your friends will have to wait out in the main room though. Not until after I've explained everything."

The four of us walked out, me following the yet unnamed woman, Aela and Lydia stating they'd grab a drink and wait for me. Entering the opposite bedroom, she asked me to close the door. Once I'd done so, she pushed a button to open a false rear of the wardrobe, exposing a hidden stairway. Following her down, we entered a large room, full of training gear, bookshelves and a variety of other things that suggested this woman was definitely no ordinary innkeeper.

She rounded a table and looked me up and down again. "Now we can talk. The Greybeards seem to think you're the Dragonborn. I hope they're right."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Delphine. And you're Ragnar. You would have seen me with Farengar when you returned the dragonstone."

"Ah, I remember you. Seemed to know your stuff."

"Well, at least you pay attention to things. First thing, though." She walked over to a chest, returning with a drinking horn, sliding it across the table. "That's for you."

"Thank. But why did you take it?"

"I knew the Greybeards would send you there if they thought you were Dragonborn. They're nothing if not predictable. When you showed up here, I knew you were the one the Greybeards sent, and not some Thalmor plant."

"Thalmor? You think the Thalmor are involved in all this?"

"I have a lot of thoughts about what's going on. The Thalmor are perhaps the tip of the iceberg."

"But I guess that's why we're meeting down here?"

"Because of who I am, I have to be careful of who I trust."

"So what am I doing here?"

"I'm actually trying to help you. I just need you to hear me out."

"I wouldn't be here if I wasn't willing to listen."

She took a moment to judge my words and sighed, I think with relief. I guess I was saying all the right things, at least enough to trust me a little bit. "Like I said in my note, I've heard that you might be Dragonborn. I'm part of a group that's been looking for you. Well, someone like you, for a very long time. If you really are Dragonborn, that is. Before I tell you any more, I need to make sure I can trust you."

"Trust is a two-way street. Look, I don't know who you are, but you managed to get the horn from Ustengrav, so you're clearly not just an innocent innkeeper. And I am Dragonborn. You can believe that or not, I don't really give a shit. But what I do know is that you're telling me precisely fuck all at the moment. Tell what you know, what you think, and we might actually get somewhere."

She was probably taken aback as my frustration certainly showed by the end. She looked through all the paperwork on the table and eventually pulled out a map. "Dragons aren't just coming back; they're coming back to life. They weren't gone somewhere all these years. They were dead, killed off centuries ago by my predecessors. Now something's happening to bring them back to life. And I need you to help me stop it."

"Look, I know I've seen a couple of dragons, even managed to kill one, but what makes you so sure they're coming back to life?"

"I've visited their ancestral burial mounds and found them empty. And I've figured out where the next one will come back to life."

"Where?"

"Kynesgrove. Heard of it?"

"Aye, little village on the outskirts of Windhelm."

"There's an ancient dragon burial mound there. If we can get there before it happens, maybe we'll learn how to stop it."

"Right, it's late, and I'm not travelling anywhere except back to Whiterun for some shut eye. So, I can either meet you here tomorrow, and we travel together, or I can meet you at Kynesgrove."

"You have a horse?"

"Aye."

"Then I'll meet you at the crossroads tomorrow morning, next to the meadery. We can ride together from there."

"Works for me."

After re-joining Aela and Lydia upstairs, we headed straight back to Whiterun, arriving in the stables in darkness. Feeling rather ravenous, we headed to the Bannered Mare for a slap-up meal, ordering plenty of meat and potatoes, vegetables too, and a few rounds of ale. I almost felt sorry for Saadia bringing plates to our table, though she appreciated the tip I left her at the end of the night.

I'd barely owned Breezehome for longer than a week, but it already felt like home upon stepping inside. The first thing to do was light the fire to provide a little warmth as Lydia headed straight upstairs to bed, stating she'd had enough for one night. Aela and I stayed downstairs, enjoying a last drink, before she grabbed my hand and led us upstairs.

Our armour was taken off rather quickly, my already hard cock springing free and she happily dropped to her knees to pleasure me, running my hands through her hair as she did so. Though I would have liked to have left a load in her mouth, she blew me for a while before I lifted her up and we hopped onto the bed so I could return the favour.

I would have been quite happy eating her out for hours, and I think she felt the same, but after giving her one climax, she pulled me up and I slid my cock inside her quickly, and there was no taking time, building to a crescendo. She held on for dear life as I fucked her, and fucked her hard. The headboard was soon slamming into the wall, Aela crying out as I pounded her. I wasn't quiet either, grunting away or being quite rude and descriptive. She either giggled at what I said, or return the rude suggestions.

I came hard and had to relax immediately, resting on a forearm as her legs remained tightly wrapped around me. "We should wait a couple of days every so often. The sex is always incredible," she stated.

"I didn't hurt you? I was... Well, I wasn't gentle."

"Of course not. I'm just a well fucked woman now, Ragnar." She gave my cock a squeeze. I always enjoyed a woman who could do that. "And it's still quite hard. How old are you again?"

"Um, twenty-something."

The fact I didn't know my exact age made her laugh. To be honest, I'd lost track of the days, months and years, particularly after Muiri. She obviously noticed me away with my thoughts, so brought me back with a sweet, soft kiss. "You were thinking about her?" I'll admit, I was still hard and inside her, so obviously embarrassed. "You do that occasionally. It's something I've noticed."

"Sorry."

"Never be sorry about that. You don't speak about her often, but when you do, it's obvious how much you did love her."

"I love you now."

The smile returned lit up her face. "And I love you, Ragnar."

Leaning down to kiss her, it didn't take long for my cock to harden completely, and after a quick adjustment, Aela quite happily rode me, though a lot slower than usual. I eventually shuffled so I could sit up a little, holding on her body as she grinded against me. Her orgasm, when it came, caused her to shudder in my arms, kissing me hard to stifle the moans she wanted to release otherwise.

After a quick clean up, we cuddled under the furs, Aela just staring at me in the faint candlelight. I just pulled her even closer, enjoying the softness of her skin against my fingertips, running them from the back of her neck, down her back, to her arse. "No-one has ever looked at me like you do, Ragnar," she said softly.

"Well, there are obviously a lot of dumb and blind men in Whiterun."

"Most of them are losers, and I wouldn't give them the time of day anyway. I knew there was something about you the first time you walked into Jorrvaskr."

"The only reason I took so long to show an interest is that I thought you were with Skjor, and if not with him, then at least someone."

"Well, at least we're here together now. As we agreed, no promises about anything..."

"Even if..."

She smiled again. "Oh, I think about a lot of things, Ragnar. But I don't want to tempt fate. Or I don't want to until once this issue with dragons is settled."

"Agreed."

"Then we'll discuss... many things..."

Lydia did make a joke the next morning at the breakfast table about the noise, though we hadn't kept her up, as she heard us, then promptly went back to sleep. "Guess I'm already used to it." Aela nor I were embarrassed. We clearly loved each other, and our sex life was only going to get better with luck. And I knew Lydia wanted more of me too.

Once armed and armoured, we headed for the stables, mounted our horses, and headed for the crossroads. Delphine was waiting for us, looking rather impatient, and after a brief greeting, we took the road heading east. I took a moment to look over Delphine, and I couldn't place her armour, nor the emblem prominent on the chest-piece. She noticed me looking and told me all would explained once we found out anything at Kynesgrove.

Riding past Valtheim Towers, she was surprised it was empty, Aela taking pride that it was the Companions that had recently cleared out the bandits, and made some gold doing so. In fact, Aela and I had cleaned it out a while ago, and I was slightly surprised more fools hadn't moved in so far. Delphine was further impressed.

"We'll cross the White River and follow it to Windhelm. Then we can swing south to Kynesgrove."

"Sounds like the idea," I said, "We could go east around the steam pits, but it's a long way."

"You know this area well?"

"I honeymooned with my wife in the area."

Delphine looked at me in surprise. "You're married?"

"I was. Before you ask, she's dead."

"I'm sorry."

"Thanks, but it happened what feels like a long time ago, yet at times, it feels like only yesterday."

"I know what you mean." I looked at her, waiting to explain, but perhaps it was a secret. I knew she was carrying a few, and I was willing to wait. She'd done nothing for me to really mistrust her yet. I figured we had to get to know each other.

As always, it took a day for us to make it to Windhelm, with barely enough light for us to ride to Kynesgrove. Though all of us would have liked to head for the burial mound, it was simply too dark by the time we arrived at the inn, so could only agree to stay the night and leave first thing in the morning.

There were only two rooms available, and it got a little awkward. Aela and Lydia didn't particularly want to share a room with Delphine, so in the end, I suggested they take one room, and I'd just take the room with Delphine. They were rather amused by that, while Delphine was a little shocked, and definitely embarrassed when I suggested it, though she didn't say no.

We behaved before heading to bed, knowing we had to rise early, so only had a couple of tankards before heading to our respective rooms. Closing the door behind me, I had no problem starting to take off my armour. Looking at me, Delphine eventually shrugged to herself and started to do the same. There was no doubt she was older than me. I'm not sure how much older, but if there was an age gap, she certainly looked after herself, though there were the typical scars a warrior carried, so she was definitely a fighter.

She then turned to look at me and I noticed the slight smile as I stood there in just my underwear. "Well... You certainly have the physique of a Dragonborn."

"How old are you?" I wondered.

She smirked. "Old enough to know better, Ragnar."

"What? You think I'm going to try and seduce you or something?"

She made a subtle pose. "Well, what do you think then?" Raising my eyebrows, she laughed to herself. "I'm just wondering if I can still fire up a young man's loins." I figured I'd have a little fun with her, so I dropped my underwear. I always loved to see the reaction when I did, and Delphine was no different, her jaw dropping wide as she unconsciously stepped forward. "My, my, you certainly do have a gift or two," she said quietly.

I bent over to pick up my underwear but she cried out no quite quickly, so I stood up again as she eventually stood just in front of me. She was short enough that I did have to look down. "Yes, Delphine?"

I hadn't expected this, but I was just having a little fun. And if she wanted to fuck the Dragonborn, I probably wouldn't say no. Sure, I didn't exactly trust her, but I'd fucked women who I didn't like at all, so I fucked them hard and fast, only satisfying my own urges. I didn't know Delphine well, but she was definitely interested now, at least in my body. And when she gently grasped my cock, it didn't take long for it to start to thicken.

"Oh my... Oh my..."

"How old are you?" I whispered, "Am I with someone double my age?"

12