All Comments on 'Dragonfly'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u11 months ago

A great read to go with my coffee this morning. You had me thinking it was going to be one of your westerns to begin with, until you mentioned cap gun. Old enough to remember playing with them. Another fine detective story where he gets not only the woman perp, but a new wife.

5 stars and thanks, Andy

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwards11 months ago

Very glad you are back! Very enjoyable read, particularly since I lived for many years in Brentwood.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another great one. Really enjoy your writing and stories. 5*

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Yes, I thought it was going to be a western to start. Wondered where the drugs came in but soon corrected itself. Lovely short tale and wonderfully written, to be expected.

DedZone69DedZone6911 months ago

As always, great story. Character development, backstory, all in all, a complete story with great sex at the end and a clear path how they got there. 5 stars all day. Thanks for being one of the good ones

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Damn fine story.

5-stars

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

Another winner!

5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Different but engaging, and it felt "real"! 5*

JayDavidJayDavid11 months ago

Well written, engaging and with a nice misdirection. But some point, Susie Richards became Susie Majors, and Juan Mendez became Carlos Mendez.

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

He's one lucky SOB because the probability of all that happening is just too astronomical to happen in real life.

That said, really special to read Penny changing her life and Mattie helping her out, to see she had another avenue to walk (pun intended); same with her helping him see private detective as a line of work--although he really should have figured that out alone--which makes him seem far less intelligent than he'd have to be in order to make detective.

You invest in detail well and paint a canvas credibly. Only thing is that I'm starting to notice certain patterns in your stories, and I'd just say for you to make sure to vary those things a little more so they don't come across quite the same way. For example, Mattie here is much like Barbara (motherly) and so if you have some extra tools to vary the delivery, use them.

Rated this a 5. Nice story with a smooth conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story! The switch from crime story to romance was smooth! Well done! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank you. I enjoyed reading yet again another of your excellent stories. I loved the Western that evolved into the detective story. This was your 98th so I am eagerly looking forward for the next 2. You are a master story teller.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I would say not a smooth transition, and the lack of conflict made for a boring, interminable read.

Well written but dull.

tennesseeredtennesseered11 months ago

I especially liked the opening scene and the smooth transition to present-day Clarence. Well written all the way around. 5.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Not sure if I was the only one parsing the description as "she (my wife) was a drug dealer and I found out". Not sure if that was intentional on author's part or not. But great story anyway!

FandeborisFandeboris11 months ago

Can of dragged a bit, but overall a pretty good story.

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Enjoyed it thoroughly!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of these days I’ll have to give one of your stories a 4 just to break up the monotony of 5s.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wonderful story, 10 stars! Maybe Penny will give her"mother and father" some grandchildren... Maybe, a short story about Penny, becoming a wife and mother would be possible?

OvercriticalOvercritical4 months ago

The usual Ronde read. It's a well researched, specialized story with characters that fit the situations. I was puzzled with the first page, but it was a kind of neat transition into today's world and it was smooth. I'm not in with the commenters that assign "10" 's and even the 5 seems high. I do notice that almost all the Ronde stories rate in the high 4's which tells me that there are a lot of 5 ratings. Once in while I find a 5, but most of the good stories rate a 4. This gives me room to rate something I find exceptional a 5. Mostly your stories are novel and read well although you are very consistent in misusing the I/Me pronoun dilemma.

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

Clever story. Well written. Almost flawless. Characters, their lives and interactions are in the best

Bosch tradition. Scenarios worked for me. You are an accomplished writer with an eye for detsil and a way with dialogue. Well edited, BTW.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories