Dragonheart Ch. 02: Destiny

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the eggs are finally being laid in the sand, Ariana was surprised to see the browns simply leave, but she 'hears' a monologue about the eggs, their development, and hatching. A glance above her to the ledge reveals the old Gold dragon. It is clear his remaining time is ebbing quickly and he spends less time trying to sit regally and more time lying with his massive head overhanging the ledge to pass on his wisdom and advice. The eggs contain all the nourishment they require. The sands are heated by thermal ducts from deep in the mountain that keep the eggs warm. The eggs will produce grays or browns naturally. A gold will be produced only by the presence of a Princess. The strength of the gold and any silvers are entirely up to the commitment the Princess evokes from her heart. The true intentions of her heart and soul at the proper moment of development arouses the metamorphosis into the dragon types needed.

During the week of her arrival, Ariana has searched her soul and heart. Was she doing this because her mother insisted she had to? Was she doing this so she could be the one to save her people from the retched King? Or ... as she came to see within herself ... did she want to achieve a balance in the natural order in the valley for both her people and the dragons? She had learned the truth about dragons and humans. Dragons were once plentiful in the world. They coexisted and cooperated with each other. In time, though, as happened in recent generations in the valley, human arrogance drove away cooperation and coexistence. Humans wanted dominance as they evolved with new inventions and desire for power and wealth. Dragons were driven away from every corner and retreat by turning the impression of dragons into monsters to be slain. Soon, there were human hunters, brave men who made a living by seeking and killing the dragons for kings and rulers. Her valley had become an isolated sanctuary where humans and dragons still coexisted for the betterment of both. Her great-grandmother had ended that. Now, she understood, was the opportunity to right that misguided wrong, not just because of the invader King, not just for the dragons, but to return the natural harmony of coexistence.

As a result, she spent long hours stroking and massaging each of the eggs laid, pulling the warming sands uptight around them. She became oblivious to all else and often needed to be pressed out of the chamber by a brown to sleep, eat, and drink. And all the while, she heard the instruction of the old Gold dragon in her head and she understood everything. And none of it scared her, any longer. The word she had easily avoided earlier was now a part of her understanding and expectation. Mate. It was through mating with the new Gold that balance would be achieved. The instruction from the old Gold was unflinching, uncompromising. Mating a dragon seemed impossible. The heart and intention of the Princess was again the decider. After the mating of a new Gold with a Princess, the dragons would serve as protectors. That would be true if the Princess died by the ordeal or suffered greatly never to repeat the action. The pure Princesses dating back many generations, though, achieved harmony with her mate and true harmony existed between humans and dragons. In those cases, the will of the Princess was equal to the will of the new Gold.

Dragons came to the ledge in groups, alternating positions to watch as Ariana moved from egg to egg, loving and attending to each in turn. They saw the metamorphosis before she recognized the change. Seven eggs had been laid by the browns. The shell colors transformed into a mottled Gold on one and the others silver. A chorus of wonder and exultation rose from the ledge through the groups. The entire clutch of eggs was special.

When they began hatching, Ariana was the first to greet them. She cleaned them of fragments, then watched as the browns licked them clean as they took immediate first steps. She had been startled to learn that newborn dragons walk within minutes, are fed solid food in mere weeks, and reach maturity in only a year. They hatch nearly as tall as she. She watched their first steps taken to a brown, it didn't seem to matter which, to begin nursing. The first to hatch was the silvers, she didn't know if that meant anything. Their bodies nearly glistened in the light as the silver scales of their body shone. The audience above on the ledge was as hushed by the sight of them as she was.

When the now shiny golden egg began shaking and cracking, though, Ariana found herself somehow standing beside it, her hands lightly caressing the surface and crack lines. As the shell broke loose and the young gold emerged, she gasped, a gasp that was joined immediately by others above and around her. She hadn't realized her breath had been held in anticipation. The young golden dragon shined like highly polished, newly minted gold. She was overwhelmed emotionally. It was a feeling she couldn't have anticipated or prepared for. There was something special, a connection that immediately was felt and known by her and it. There was something more. A physical connection to the event that she didn't even notice until the young dragon took action. His first steps were not toward a brown ... but to her. She watched it take tentative steps to her, then was stunned to see how her body was reacting ... drops of milk had formed on her nipples and the young Gold brought its lips to her breast and began suckling.

Audible sounds filled the chamber and she 'heard' the old Gold, "Never has this happened. Never has a clutch been all silver with the gold. You are special, Princess, you can achieve anything."

After that, everything changed for her with the dragons but there lingered a powerful sense of anticipation. There was an undercurrent of suspense among the dragons as the days, weeks, and months passed. The kind of suspense that is felt when you are sure a wonderful thing is going to happen but until it actually does it is too much to accept fully. Ariana spent almost all her time with the young dragons but specifically with the young Gold. They grew with amazing speed and after only a few months were towering over her. A few more months and they took their first tentative flight off the main ledge like a small bird dropping out of the nest. Ariana would stand on the edge of the drop-off initially very anxious as they practiced their flight. Soon, though, she was in awe of the magnificence of the sight. Seven unbelievable creatures rose, dove, and glided with silver and gold gleaming in the bright sun.

The old Gold continued the education but the young Gold was as much the student as was Ariana. It was obvious to all that the old Gold was weak and declining quickly as if the very act of instructing sapped the little strength remaining within him but it was imperative that the young Gold learn and the most important lesson was how to tap the consolidated knowledge and wisdom ancestrally passed down from Gold to Gold to protect and guide the others.

As for Ariana, all she had done and shone the dragons of her commitment as the chosen one, the Princess, still hinged on completing that singular act with the mature Gold to bind them with her people. The act weighed on her over the entire time. From the initial moment of understanding the 'act', it produced a sense of revulsion (with a dragon?), to more curiosity as she watched the young Gold grow, to a feeling of eagerness and desire the more time they shared as they both understood the teaching of the old Gold leading them to a life together that might be bound only by themselves. As the young Gold entered his last month of maturing, they acted like teenagers not sure what to do with the feelings rising up between them. As the last weeks and days passed, their attention to lessons waned, their actions drew bemused glances and smiles from the other dragons, and Ariana found herself looking to the time with increased anxiousness.

It was no longer lost on Ariana that she was naked. She remembered the time of being used and abused by the King and his advisers. She remembered her inability to feel anything that might approach the wonderfulness of what she was told it could be like. But her body was telling her differently now. She frequently blushed around the young Gold when she found him gazing at her. She felt her body reacting to his attention, her nipples hardening, her body shivering with new excitement, her pussy flooding with lubrication. And her eyes, her own attention on him, shifted, too. She found herself more and more curious about his body. The shiny gold of his protective scales, his wings, and his massive strength held her initial attention, but she was finally interested in his softer underbelly. She found her hands stroking and exploring, especially when they were separated from others. His underbelly was softer, without the heavy scales, much like a fish. She was rewarded by his tongue flicking over her breasts and nipples and they both seemed to go back in memory to the times when he suckled at her breasts.

Their mutual curiosity and increasing excitement remind Ariana of hushed talk from young women around the castle of courtship and pending marriages. The excitement the women felt about finally 'being with' their man. She was feeling that way now.

Of course, those feelings growing between them also gave her insight into what lay in store for her ... and it was intimidating. Their willingness to show their arousal with each other gave Ariana her glimpse. His penis might slip out of the sheath, suddenly dropping as a horse's. On occasion, if her hands played over his belly too long, it might even become hard. She had often heard the term 'cock' and the King and his men would frequently use the term regarding their penises. But they didn't have cocks, her Gold did, though. It was huge. The length of her arm or more if there might still be more inside if fully aroused. It was 2 inches at the tip but increased along the length. How much could a human female take, she wondered. The wondering changed from intimidation, though, to anticipation and desire for discovery.

The old Gold confided in Ariana about the mating. It had started eons ago as a supreme act of bonding the two species. In some cases, it was a sacrifice. His belief was that those Princess' feared it and their bodies couldn't adjust. Most others felt degraded by the act, perhaps. They remained with the dragons and never ventured back to the people from shame. The dragons protected the people but it has been a long time since a true harmony between the two was achieved through the Princess. Ariana understood he was preparing her, allowing her to feel intimidated, feel fear, feel resigned to the task as most before her had felt. That wasn't how she felt, though. She couldn't explain it to herself much less to anyone else. Could she feel the same way about doing this with a dog or horse or another animal? She couldn't imagine it. Her Gold was different, though. He wasn't an animal, he wasn't a thing ... he was hers, her golden partner, her mate. She felt it deep inside her more powerfully than she had ever felt anything. The past year had led her to this coming moment. It had overshadowed her desire, her devotion to helping her people. But she also understood this coming moment was also the means to helping her people by renewing and strengthening the bond and purpose between the two species.

When the moment finally arrived, it could have had a feeling of the bizarre, if Ariana wasn't so excited. The dragons were gathered not on the ledges of the mountainside but at a high alpine meadow and lake. Perpetual snow clung to the tops of nearby peaks and the lake formed by the waters from the melting snows shimmered in the sun. The meadow was covered in new flower growth as if it were a multicolored carpet laid out just for the occasion. The atmosphere was one of anticipation and excitement. It reminded Ariana of something like a prince and princess being wedded for ascension to the throne, a fairy-tale event she heard of but never saw. That's what this was, though, and it overwhelmed her. She, the Princess, was about to ascend to lead with her golden prince who would take leadership over the dragons.

There was a touch of sadness along with joyfulness. The old Gold had finally but peacefully succumbed to his extreme age. But that void left behind seemed to only increase the joyful expectancy of the moment with the new Gold. It was a simple ceremony if it might be called that. Ariana fashioned wildflowers into her long streaming hair that lengthened impossibly in the past year and now hung well past her butt. The cool alpine breeze caused her hair to rise and fall, trailing behind her almost as if trying to duplicate the swaying tail of her Gold as they walked side by side between the parallel lines of trumpeting dragons. At the end of the line, the six silver dragons filled the air alongside them with their magnificent fire. Ariana and her Gold stood before the others quietly, their minds filled with images of the past and promises of the future. It was one of those scenes where the future is looked at with all the glorious opportunities possible but in this case, it somehow seemed truer than merely good wishes and hopefulness. She had the sense it was from her Gold, but perhaps it was a lingering message from the ancient one.

Ariana stood transfixed by the emotions of the moment finally coming to fruition after all the preparation and anticipation. And the emotions soared deeper and higher when her Gold, who towered above her more than any of the others, bent low to put his massive head in front of her. She reached out with her hands, their foreheads coming together. The other dragons were utterly silent. For that moment, they could have been alone in the mountain meadow, the breeze rolling over the peaks rustling the leaves in the trees, the sounds of birds singing back and forth.

Then, it was broken. One trumpeting voice sounded, then the rest joined in to fill the air with their own song, the wild noise crashing into the walls of the alpine bowl and resonating back in a crazy mix that seemed to vibrate the air around them. He pulled back his head from hers and she again saw that funny smile and she was convinced that's what it was. He then shifted his weight to one leg, wrapped the other around her, and leaped into the air, his mighty wings beating the thinner air, seeming to gain height with ease. Always before she had been on his back as they soared together. This time, held gently, but securely, to his chest, she felt the pumping of his heart, the intake of air into his lungs, the flexing of his muscles. But they were up for only moments before gracefully landing again amid the others. It was as if this was their walking down the aisle hand in hand to the reception.

The dragons leaned in to touch foreheads with the Gold, their new leader. Then, each lowered their head to Ariana. The line was led by the browns, perhaps because none knew for certainty which might have laid the egg resulting in their new Gold. It was amusing to Ariana. Unlike the human society she knew, these dragons held their females in positions of honor.

When the procession of honoring came to an end, the group parted and Ariana saw what her eyes had not registered before. Near the lake was a boulder surrounded and covered with masses of wildflowers ripped from the ground and piled. This she wasn't prepared for ... the act, the representation of ultimate commitment, wasn't private.

A blush washed over Ariana's body. Maybe she shouldn't be surprised. There has been little that seemed private since she has been among them. They even 'speak' in group-speak mentally with private conversations possible with much effort through dedicated focus. So, why wouldn't this act that represented so much for them and their dedication to the humans be a part of the communal celebration? Why wouldn't it be a joyful celebration? Like the public kiss at the end of a marriage ... only much more.

Ariana turned to her Gold and raised her hands. He lowered his head to fill her hands. "I am yours, my Gold master."

He thought back, "And I am yours, my golden-haired mistress."

A soft murmuring filled her head. She knew it was from the dragons surrounding them and smiled. Little is private. Even not being private, though, this moment was filled with only anticipation and excitement. There was none of the regret, distaste, humiliation, or degradation she had felt with the King and his men. She was both calm and excited. She was filled with a sense of peace with this but also the wildest arousal she ever felt. She turned and walked to the flower-strewn boulder with purpose in her steps. She had been fucked by men repeated against her will and her body had never once responded. Now, she was to be mated by a monstrous dragon and her body was already responding in anticipation. Her nipples were hard like pebbles; her pussy was leaking with her lubrication; her body shivered with excitement. The monstrous dragon was her mate, though, not a monster at all. He had brought out feeling from her she never expected to feel. She had felt committed to being the Princess before, but once this Gold had suckled at her leaking breast, taking her miraculous milk of nourishment from her body, she'd known with her body, heart, and soul this was what she was intended for. Not a sacrifice, at all, but a wondrous bonding of their species.

Reaching the boulder quickly, she turned to the trailing Gold. Her eyes flicked self-consciously to the other dragons who had stayed back but were intently watching. She found herself pleased to find his massive cock had dropped from its sheath as he approached her. Not only was she excited but he was as well. She moved up to him, stepping underneath his body easily. As she grasped his cock and lifted it, he rose upright, a rumbling groan rising from his chest above her head and escaping his opened mouth. She held his long cock in her stroking hands. She had secretly glimpsed it before as their intimacy grew between them but remained restrained for this moment to arrive. She had initially panicked that it might kill or permanently injure her. But her body's immediate reaction told her it would adjust ... it would find its own way ... and she had accepted that.

Now was the time. Images flashed in her mind. She didn't know if they were transmitted to the others or not. The images were of other penises being forced on her ... small penises. She had regretted having to hold them, to touch them, to use her mouth on them. It had been degrading. She marveled at this one, though. This monster of a cock in her hands filled her with lust; filled her with need; filled her with a powerful desire to please the one whose cock it was. The Gold was her mate, the only one she would love and his cock would be the only one she would ever again desire to have, to please, to have please her.

All the dragons were hushed. It seemed eerie that such massive creatures could be so quiet. Perhaps her musings had been transmitted. She blushed at the thought of such intimate thoughts about her Gold being so openly shared. But it also somehow seemed appropriate. The old Gold had said she could achieve anything and she was intent on fulfilling that.

During her musing, her hands had not stopped stroking his cock for the length her arms could reach which was not far enough to cover its entirety. Her lips and mouth had unconsciously found the tip of it and his cock was hard in her hands, the tip seeping precum into her mouth. Her tongue licked the tip and savored the taste of his precum. It was maybe a little different than men before. And, maybe not. She only really knew that her reaction to it was very different. She found herself greedily sucking at the tip to taste more of it and she wondered what it would be like to take his cum into her mouth. A soft giggle escaped from around the cock at the thought and knew she would indeed find out sometime. She immediately, now grasping and loving his cock, imagined all sorts of ways to worship his cock and to bring pleasure to him and it. The reality that she lived among them naked now took on an exciting element for her.