All Comments on 'DragonStorm Ch. 07'

by RogueUlfric

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

Yeah, Selana cheating really caught me off guard. I could have forgiven her had it been the result of a mating flight. I've stated before that the arrangement that Mirrim made with the Gold Rider at her weyr was acceptable because they only swapped partners during the mating flight, then returned to their undeclared spouse for all other occasions. If Selana had made that same arrangement with V'line, then all well and good. But she made love to him fully aware that it wasn't mating frenzy.

As far as I'm concerned, that makes Selana a worthless tramp and a total slut. Darian deserved so much better than that. I know that he himself strayed every time that he kissed Elysina. But each time it happened, he would catch himself and correct his course before it went any further. Each time it happened, it was NOT Darian who made the first move either. He may not have been lily white, but he didn’t cheat on Selana. I'm sorry but I have to vote 3/5 on this one.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 1 year ago

Well, certainly providing a lot of background information not in the canon. It's certainly explained a lot about relationships between riders on Pern and how much draconian thoughts influence mating. Five stars once again - with my congratulations on a superb tale

RogueUlfricRogueUlfricover 1 year agoAuthor

Bear in mind that Selana was in love with V'line before she met Darian, but their relationship never turned intimate. She was also in a situation of wanting Clarinath to fly Scylenth in the upcoming mating flight. Additionally, both dragons were present at the time and both were encouraging their riders. It may not have been a mating frenzy, but Selana was thoroughly caught in the middle of a developing disaster.

Yes, she made a mistake, but considering her a tramp or a slut is more than a little extreme.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRogueUlfric@RogueUlfric
Retired USN. Played ice hockey (goaltender)) 10 years. Teaches snake identification and snake bite treatment to first responders, military personnel and clinical medical personnel. Currently married to second wife (first wife passed away in 2011. Long time writer of poetry...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES