All Comments on 'Dream'

by DawnJ

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
exjockexjockabout 16 years ago
Touching Story

A very touching story. Now I will have to read more of your stories. I hope you continue this story - the rest of her life and memories of Adam - and when she finally opens up to a new man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Wow...

This was probably one of the most powerful stories I've read on this site. Thank you author.

DawnJDawnJabout 16 years agoAuthor
What a good idea!

Thanks for the feedback! This story is part of the larger story of this character's oldest son, Todd, and HIS lady love! But you're right, it WOULD be nice to see what happens to her. I'll think about it...

GeezerguyGeezerguyabout 16 years ago
excellent story

Very powerful and emotional story. Minor point - but changing the spelling of the main character's name (Leah vs. Lee) was a bit distracting. Also, some of the punctuation was a bit strange in places. Suggest getting some on board as an editor for future stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Great! Just Great!

When you love someboday that hard, you miss him or her equally hard!

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 16 years ago
Superb

Wonderfully written, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Touching

beautiful and very well written

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
a heart ranching story at the edge of a thread...

The story begs to be continued, not only because it was so well written, but because the main theme was coping with loss, and the coping process in the story has just merely begun. No, there is no rule which states that an author must lead the characters out of their personal crisis; indeed you did so well in pointing out to the beginning of a process which eventually could lead the grieving Lee out of the first faze of her grieving. It's just that you portrayed in such evocative way and in beautiful details the beginning of a thread which we all know must still unroll...but than again so is life. Whatever you decide, thanks for the wonderful read.

northlandernorthlanderalmost 12 years ago
A really Good Story

I read the story on the recommendation of a mutual aquaintance and I have to agree with him that this is a true loving wives story. It is very touching and thought provoking, and as my wife and I approach our 55th Aniversary it makes me realise how exceptionaly lucky we have have been to still be together after all this time. Thanks for making me think. 5 stars

Bellej2009Bellej2009about 7 years ago
Thank you.

Love and loss and grieving: particularly the shock and denial and starting to accept the new reality. It is tough, and it does help to share. Keep writing.

BelleJ

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous