Dream Chasers 07

Story Info
Her weirdness tests his boundaries.
5.4k words
4.13
2.5k
2

Part 7 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 05/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

DISCLAIMER

This is a romantic adult erotic story with fictional characters and plot, targeted at fingernail fetish readers. If extremely long fingernails and/or toenails gross you out, then you're in the wrong place.

'Dream chasers - The Third Lesson'

by V. Tarransky

Jul 2022

...And then: The Third Lesson

For the next few days we've started spending more time together, however, she stuck to her word and kept me craving.

It was Thursday evening when I ordered online the nail products and equipment needed for the repair, but the weekend got in the way and the order was still pending in delivery. She also had some clothing catalog translation assignments to finish, and she had to work all the way through the weekend to keep the deadlines.

On Friday we both had to work each on our own and the day felt pretty empty, but from Saturday I was free while she still had to work. While she did that, I would go out and get back with some takeaway meals in which I couldn't help but notice a significant cutdown in carbs and sugar, I would ensure the coffee-flow to her desk and otherwise hang around on her sofa sifting youtube for tutorials and reviews on the nail stuffs that I had ordered for the repair. That is, on the occasions I could finally tear my attention away from her nails.

It was so... arousing watching her type using two pencils with rubber ends, because it was "less straining on my fingers and joints" as she said. Wrapping her hand over the mouse was a gesture of so much... sexiness, I... wanted to be her mouse. Keeping my hands away from re-aligning my dick in my pants became a conscious effort, simply because of the distraction it was to her. Each time I couldn't help doing it and moved one of my hands she would stop and look at me, like trying to make sure that I wasn't... robbing her of... the craving that was building up in me.

"Helen... relax, you're not going to finish sooner if you keep checking up on me" I said eventually "...and besides, you couldn't stop me if I really set my mind to it. I told you I'm okay with... craving. But I'll leave if I'm too much of a distraction."

She smiled an all-knowing smile and resumed her work.

"Mmmnooo..." she replied with her eyes on her laptop screen. "I like you here... with me ...watching me ...and my nails," she continued, stealing a glance at me. "My mug is empty," she added and dived back into her work, while I would bring her a coffee refill and resume my efforts to try to not distract her from her work again.

Then on Monday we switched sides. She had finished working and was free, while I had to work.

She came up to my flat for coffee after she woke up and ended up staying until long after I started working. Dressed in her usual domestic outfit, those colorful socks and pink crocs I found to be a very... comforting sight, yet still a good cue to perform a reality check. No lucid dreams in the meantime, neither for myself, nor for her. I felt like the lucid dreaming quest was starting to lose momentum, so a bump to bring it back into focus I thought it should be on the agenda of the day.

She had brought her laptop with her and kept her phone handy, I presumed she wanted to be on top of things should some other freelance job opportunity come up. When I started working she also turned on her laptop and laid back in the corner of the sofa, with her feet up along one side of it, and her pc in her lap. She didn't have her pencils or mouse with her, and was awkwardly using her knuckles on the keyboard and the pad of her middle finger on the touchpad, with all other fingers stretched out and upwards, out of the way.

About three hours into my work and with two online meetings checked, all of a sudden she sat up straight, looking like all her attention was sucked into what she was seeing on her screen.

"What's wrong?" I asked as my attention was distraught by her sudden move from the code I was reviewing.

"Erm... nothing..." she shook her head and started to wave me off apologetically "nevermi-... can I show you something?" she pointed to her screen.

"Yeah... hang on a minute, just... let me finish this..." I replied going back to my code in the attempt to leave what I was working on in a state I would know where to resume from.

"Yes, yes, sure... sorry for that... when you get a minute... there's no... rush..." she continued as her attention went back to what she was looking at.

A few minutes later I got up from the desk, stretched and yawned preparing for a break in which I would give her attention.

"I'm going to get some coffee. D'you want some?" I asked.

"Why did you stop just for that? You should've said something, I'd have brought it for you!"

"I didn't stop just to get a coffee. You wanted to show me something. And at the same time I thought I'd have a short break."

"Oh, right!" she remembered. "Come!" she gestured for me to come quickly.

"Let me get the coffee first! ...I thought there was no rush?"

"Okay, okay, but after that come here, okay?" she continued. She was obviously excited about something.

I got back with the coffee cups and sat down next to her on the sofa. She pointed again to the screen which had YouTube open and a clip in which I immediately recognized one of the ladies quite well known in the nail-fetish realm. I smiled to myself and at her 'innocence' towards the online nail-obsessed people.

"Ah..." I said in acknowledgment, knowing that I was going to have to reveal more of my... knowledge about the nail-obsessing people.

"D'you know-... Have you seen this?" she charged directly into it.

"Erm... mmmyeeeah... I think I'm pretty much up-to-date with every... super-long nail... occurrence in the... online universe", I started my confession. "What about it? She no longer has them that long, by the way."

"Her too, huh?..." she smiled with a hint of disappointment. "I did have nails like those you know..." she pointed to the screen.

"Yeah, I know, you've shown me some photos."

"And... you... like... this stuff, right? Just... to be on the same page about my nail ...nonsense."

I looked at her.

"I would never call it nonsense, Helen. It makes all the sense in the world. To me at least. And obviously to you. And to at least a few more... nail addicts."

"There's... more?" she looked at me dumbstruck.

"'More'-... what? More videos like this one? You can't be serious!" I laughed.

"No! More... like... us. Nail-... like you said... -addicts."

I looked at her with 'are you serious?' on my face, then at the screen, then back at her keeping the expression. Then, turning my palms upwards to suggest 'what am I missing?' I pointed back to the screen and replied "...Obviously?".

Apparently this came as a shock to her. She was looking transfixed at the lady displaying her super long nails grown for at least five or six years doing various stuff.

"Didn't it ever cross your mind to look it up online?" I asked.

"No! I was... content with the knowledge that I was a freak, I mean... my nails have always been a thing of disgust to everyone around me once they grew past a certain length. I thought it'd be much too... weird for people to... do... this" she pointed at the screen. She kept looking. "How long has this been going on?"

"How long has what been going on?"

"The... nail-addicts... world! People... showing their... long nails on the internet!"

I didn't reply, stunned at her 'nail-net virginity'.

"Helen, this has been there since the beginning. I mean, ever since YouTube came into existence people started doing... this" I pointed to the screen. "But it goes... way back. Back to the beginning of the internet. Ever since people could start making known to the world what they care about. I can't believe you've never looked up who's got the longest fingernails in the world!" I laughed.

"No-no-no, that I did look up, and when I found it, it was quite... discouraging."

"A-ha! ...So it did cross your mind?... I mean... to grow the longest nails?"

"Yes, but... just... you know... like... 'what if?'. I was never... that... serious about it. Anyway... now I know that it's not about the length. It's about growing them. Growing them for... you know... for you" she concluded smiling at me and touched my thigh, dragging her nails lightly up and down.

I felt her touch and looked at her long-nailed hand with the missing pinky nail, letting myself be taken away by the feeling.

"Wait!" she snapped out and startled me. "Are there also... addicts... to... toenails?" she looked straight at me with an embarrassed smile.

"Oh... I know a few... including me... and you..." I replied. "I mean... I know there are men who like them, you know... like me, and there are women who grow them, like... you."

"...Oh my God... this is..." she was looking for words "...pinch me!"

"Wh-?... oooh... no-no-no... you can't keep asking me whether it's a dream or not, you're going to have to do reality checks by yourself to assess... reality."

She started looking around, like searching for clues that would reliably indicate the current state of reality.

"Okaaay... so teach me. How do I do it? How can I be sure of what's happening?"

"Of what's happening you can always be sure, because... erm... well... because it IS happening. Reality, be it physical or not, happens in the brain. What you're looking for is some sort of... violation of the rules of physical reality or at least of your expectations of it. What I usually do is try to backtrack the flow of events and see if it makes sense. Well-... that is assuming my reasoning is functional which can... sometimes... be a... challenge."

I could see her thinking, probably backtracking her perception of reality to check for inconsistencies.

"Did you start a dream journal?" I asked after a while.

"Erm... I... tried to. I can't seem to be able to keep my intention to remember my dreams when I wake up. I just... forget that I should do it."

"I see. So... what do you do when you go to bed at night? Before you go to sleep I mean..."

"Well... most nights there is usually a book that I'm reading and I read from that. Otherwise I just watch... erm... well... some food-related channel on TV. Aaand... sometimes... I would... erm... you know... get... satis-..."

"Okay-okay, I get it..." I spared her from further explaining. "See?... That... could be a problem. You get distracted from your goal. Try and put some intention into it right then, before you go to sleep. Unless you've made it a habit, it's what's in your mind the moment you drift off that will have the biggest impact on your actions upon waking up.

So try to go to sleep repeating to yourself that you will dream, that you will remember your dreams and that you will write them in your dream journal, which you will have on the nightstand when you go to bed. It will be a visual cue and it will also be handy when you wake up.

And another thing you should do is 'seed' it in your mind during the day. Keep the dream journal handy so you can see it frequently, to cue your mind that you will need to remember your dreams. Each time you'll see it you'll be reinforcing your intention to remember your dreams."

"But... I do!"

"You do?"

She nodded in a short burst.

"How-... where... is it?"

She picked up her phone from the coffee table and waved it at me.

"Oooh... I see. Well, that's... not very effective. I don't think that every time you see your phone what pops up in your mind is dreaming or dream journaling, is it?"

"Weeell... erm... no. It doesn't. You're right. So what should I do?"

"Use an actual notebook and a pen. The mere sight of it should trigger in you a reality check, hardly anybody uses actual notebooks anymore. And when you see it, you might as well pick it up and open it. Even read a few lines from it once you put something in there. The idea is to create a habit of thinking that you might be dreaming and that you want to remember it.

This is the most effective way to prime your brain for dreaming and for dream-recall. The first few dreams will be the hardest, but if you keep at it, then it will get rolling by itself, you'll see."

"Okay... okay..." she was thinking. "I have to admit though... these past few weeks... my... bedtime has been... quite... chaotic. The move... the new... surroundings... the... erm... the attention I... started... getting from you... it's all been... messing up my routine. I'm not used to... this."

"Yeah... probably that too... Just let me know if there's anything I can do to help you find some... balance. I mean... I can understand it if you think I'm... too... you know... if I take up too much of your time."

"No-no-no, if there's anything that I wouldn't want to change it's... this... it's... you. Being with you."

I took her right hand in mine and caressed it. I put my hand under hers and extended her palm flat over mine. Her nails were stretching out beautifully, even though the pinky one was missing. The curves of her thumb and index nails were the most pronounced but still... not very bent, while the middle one and ring were straighter and straighter.

The pinky would have been the straightest yet still a bit curved downwards, but all of them had a bit of slant that would cause their growth to twist to the side, towards the outer edge of the palm for the fingers, and upwards for the thumb.

"I like being with you, too", I said and looked into her eyes. I was getting closer to her face in an awkward attempt to kiss her.

"...and around my nails", she concluded, smiling.

I stopped and looked down in defeat.

"Sorry-sorry-sorry!" she picked it up. "Please continue!" she raised her chin waiting for the kiss.

I resumed and we finally kissed, I let go of her hand and cupped her cheek, caressing it.

"I better get back to work" I said looking into her eyes after we kissed. "The sooner I finish, the sooner we can... do?... something?... nice?" I raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Oh?... Are you ready to... succumb?" she grinned at me.

"Well... being around you is being... you know... 'on'... practically all the time. I think I'm starting to get used to it. I'm not... losing myself at the sight of your... un-... un-... in-... in-...describably superb fingernails, like I did a week ago, ...damn, I can't find any new words to... worship your nails. But back to my point... I can actually do some work with you in the room."

"Oh, you think so?" her grin grew wider.

She brought her hands up, for me to see and did the moves. For a few moments I let myself be entranced by her hands and saturated my nail-sense on them, but then about ten seconds later I re-focused on her, aware of my arousal and desire, but still in control. Her expression slowly changed to the 'sad-kid' face.

"It's because of the pinky, I know it! I should definitely get it... done! Where is that delivery? Why isn't it here already?" she let out with exaggerated spite and anger, acting out her frustration at her lack of control over me, in an extremely funny way. And like on cue, my phone began to buzz.

"Wow, you must be psychic... Can you do lottery numbers? Spare us from needing to have a day job, you know?" I replied, keeping the joke.

I got up, answered, confirmed availability and went to receive the package. Or rather packages, I went 'all out' and got everything new, except for chairs. A work table, arm-support, work light, UV lamp, electric nail file, everything.

She got up from the sofa while I brought the packages from the hallway one by one under her supervision, and set them out of the way in a corner of the living room to deal with them later.

"Are you going to start... assembling all the stuff? ...Now?" she asked anxiously.

"Well... Do you have the numbers? ...For the lottery? 'Cause if you don't then I gotta get back to work."

'Sad-kid' face again. She sat back down, sipped coffee while she checked her phone briefly, and got back on her laptop.

I finished bringing in the packages and went to the bathroom to wash my hands and empty my bladder before resuming work. Just before I sat down at my desk she started again.

"Erm... before you get back I just want to ask you something. Can you come here for a second?" she said pointing at the laptop screen again.

"Yeah, sure." I went around, sat next to her and looked at the screen.

This time she stumbled upon a clip of a lady having her super long grown nails re-attached to her fingers by a nail-tech.

"Yeeeah... I know that one, too. She has had surgery and had to... you know... take a break, for the duration of the procedure and while she recovered."

"Can you... do... that?"

"Well... it's-... wait-wait-wait..." I took a few seconds to formulate what was going through my head. "Are you asking because you're curious? ...Or because you... want... that ...done? ...to you?"

The similarity to what started it all in the park was making it feel like a deja-vu. She was not answering, but her guilty smile was giving it away.

"Well... You already know that I... do have more... length for a... more... significant... restoration... you know... if you want to. Would you want me to?"

"Helen, what... exactly... are you trying to say?"

"Oh, come on, isn't it... obvious? I told you I still have all the... nails I've grown ever since... since..." she stopped trying to remember.

I had a flash of insight.

"'Twenty years?'" I hinted to her.

"No, no, no..." she laughed it off "...it can't be that lo-... Hold on."

Shock was creeping in her expression. Then she mouthed 'fuck'.

"This is ...scary" she started after a few seconds. "Or... spooky to say the least."

Silence set in. None of us was able to speak for a minute or so as we looked straight at each-other.

"It... could... be... just a... a... just a coincidence... you know?" I resumed. "Or some... some... intuition from... from... the... erm... from the depths... of... of... my... mind? I mean... It's not that... much of a... stretch to... intuitively assume that you started your nail-... erm... ...-interest around... that time..."

"That... could... be, yes... But-..." she added just as uncertain, or even more uncertain than me, about my reasoning.

The silence resumed for another minute. Then she spoke.

"It could be a... sign, you know?"

"What... sign? You mean like... a... pre-... pre-... ...-cognition?"

"Mmmnooo... I was thinking more like... what you said, like... intuition. Or... insight."

"What do you mean?"

"Well it did come up in your dreams-, well... at least in one of them. Which means that it... was... there... in your... subconscious... mind. You were just not aware of it. And now that you are... aware... you can do something about it."

"Like... what?"

"Like... ask me... nicely... to make it happen" she grinned.

I did a reality check.

"Helen? This... isn't... a dream. Even if I asked, it couldn't happen."

"Of course it could. Not immediately, but-..."

"Helen, I couldn't... possibly... ask that of you! You have no idea what you're talking about."

"No! You have no idea what I'm talking about!" she laughed.

12