All Comments on 'Driven to a New Beginning'

by JClife

Sort by:
  • 433 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I always hate that standard line about "he (lover) has a wife (or family) with two kids" and 'they don't deserve it'. Truth is, most spouses would WANT to know if their husband or wife is having affairs given the likely risks to a family. If the offended spouse, especially a mother, is still young enough, it's likely they they have parents still able to help pick up the pieces. It's what happened to my second wife who divorced a cheating POS at 27 and staid with her parents until we met. 31 years later, we are still a happy couple, adult children and all. This story was over-the-top, but I agree it's one-and-done. But adult children don't generally get this negatively involved. They're more likely to be primarily concerned with the impact on their children's grandparent connection.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A bit over the top and all structured as a single phone call. But given a multimonth affair, her.emotional disconnect from the whole family, the way it was discovered (by their son), and her incessant lying even caught flat footed, therr is no way back. The send photos to everyone seems dumb. Getting her fired is not conducive to a divorce to avoid alimony. Unlike LW stories, the family courts don't just say "oh the aggrieved husband quit is job no alimony". Lol if onou it was that simple. His disappearing makes it harder for her to fight for assets, and maybe she won't because it sounds like she is really sorrowful and will be depressed. But given her actions, what coukd she expect. Just too clean, straightforward, and a bit ove the tip, all in two weeks. Still entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I enjoyed this story. Though not suspenseful, 4/5 stars. Thanks for sharing.

I don't have the skills to write my true story

Occasionally, I come across a story with some similarities. Read as many "remorse" stories, above a 4 star rating, as possible.

Looking for insight as to why my past wives(2) and 6 other women (62 yr lifetime total) could or would never express any remorse for their cheating. (Yes 100% of them cheated). Such is my life :(

servant111servant1114 months ago

Nice but no participation prize.... This one ABSOLUTELY needed an epilogue as you left your reader hanging... That is very poor form there Skippy...so I gave you...

4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A decent burn but all we really saw was her crying into a phone. Where is the aftermath? Will she shrug it off and move on or will she go into a depression and live a sad, lonely life reflecting on her own stupidity and how she threw it all away for a bit of a thrill? Actually, doesn't matter; it's all been done before. A great way to flush 23 years of marriage down the shitter and ruin people's lives. :)

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Ok you brought us to the garden gate and………

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

First, too many unanswered questions why she tossed a LTM, etc.

Second, and then what? This isn't really a story in and of itself, but rather a chapter from said story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

He makes sure that he gets fired while trying to keep his wife employed so he doesn't have to pay her alimony. So, in essence he doesn't care about the kids of her lover. What an ass

Schwanze1Schwanze14 months ago

Read again. I'm ok with a rec if it's earned and I'm very good with him handling it like a man with self respect like this.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper69894 months ago

One problem with this story is it's been done too many times. Yor score is based on your writing ability not the content.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Anony, why should he care about the kids, Monroe didn't care about his kids when he screwed the wife multiple times. Do you think he was thinking about his kids while he was plowing her?

OOAAOOAA4 months ago

Very good story! 5 stars from here!

nogravynogravy4 months ago

Enjoyed the time I spent reading this, but I really wonder why; but if I think about it, it's really because of the extremely good dialogue and pacing of the narrative. Because all-in-all there's really no action or three act play here. It's as if you followed the recipe of: confront wife about affair and then add a lot of words. Ultimately, the only real action is the confrontation.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A sharp and clean classic. All the elements needed and no extra. Very emotional and real. Thanks!

Kernow2023Kernow20233 months ago

well written story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Jest wstęp, rozwinięcie i zakończenie. Tak jak powinno być 5+

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. What else can I say, you nailed it!

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit3 months ago

Well, in absolute truth. I can ONLY award it a 3-star review, if that, but ONLY because of the massive 2-point PENALTY incurred by the suicidal inclusion of that final maudlin, self-recriminatory, home-made, inexplicable IED (improvised-explosive-device) totally blew-up the integrity of the ENTIRE plot!

Without that ridiculously self destructive, suicidally-revisive, maniacal last paragraph, it WOULD BE a medal winner!

froggytreefroggytree2 months ago

Great story. A part two would be appreciated, but isn't needed.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

How about an epilogue...

Linda had barely hung up the phone when there was a pounding on her door. When she opens it, John flew in and pushed her up against the wall. He was screaming at her for ruining his marriage. When she screamed back at him he beat the shit out of her. She was in the hospital for over a week and then had three full months of recovery before she was back to normal. John went to jail on an assault conviction. He got 7 years and became a bottom fag bitch for some tough hombres while locked up. Linda was home alone one day when four masked men broke in. They gang banged her all night then tossed her in a van and drove to Tijuana where they sold her to a whore house. Nobody looked for her. Nobody tried to find the cheating skank slut turned professional low-end prostitute. Nobody gave a flying fuck about piece of trash Linda. She lasted a few years before the STD's got her. She never saw her kids again. They never missed her.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It seems the author has left the building. Not only was “Driven to a New Beginning” left open ended, but so were the following stories by this talented writer.

“How Could She Think This Was Okay”

“Love Letters In the Attic”

“Never to be Seen Again”

The writer has that British view on stories. Never tie loose ends. These stories are begging for a writer or two to end them. They are a great start for talented writers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What cruelty?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 2 months ago

That was good as-is but a continuation would be welcome. hopefully the author is well, able and chooses to return.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I disagree that he went too far. He didn't!

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 2 months ago

He should forgive her and take her back. NOT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Why would you make your character feel like he had gone too far? Nothing really inappropriate there. So-called wife got off easy, maybe she has a STDs and will be able to have a reminder for a while. Nothing cruel about getting the truth out there, in fact it may save this scumbag predator's wife from dying of STDs if she finds out in time to save herself.

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 1 month ago

LOL That was cruel? The truth ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Meh... not as original as some of the authors other work.

StruckwrongStruckwrong16 days ago

He was amplified but putting the truth out there bluntly is nothing to feel bad about.

I mean he is also dying inside embittered and emotionally shredded.

Buster2UBuster2U15 days ago

10 Big Blazing Stars. I love cheating wife stories. Maybe it is because I have experienced it so much my self. I love even more the BTB stories. But have you ever asked yourself..."Why?" do people cheat? 1) it is fun 2) enjoyable 3) it is exciting 4) because we are all selfish 5) it is human nature So, in other words, that is just what people do. It seems to be much more popular to have a 'strange fuck' than to stay a faithful spouse. Maybe we shouldn't let it bother us so much. I don't know if that is possible. I only know that the heartache can be intense and overwhelming. Great Writing, Great Story, Great BTB that part was perfect. Thanks for the effort. Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

I loved it and made it one of my personal favorites. I'd give it more than 5 stars, but that's the limit of the system. I'm pretty sure I've read this before a few times now. I'm still waiting for a part 2 IF it ever gets written to find out how his life went, and how destroyed she ended up.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice994 days ago

Jack is sued for 100,000 by both ex wife and her boyfriend for spreading revenge sex pictures Thety win and she is awarded house Now broke he is on the street living in a cardboard box getting mugged every other day

Beware getting revenge in the end you get bitten or rapped in the ass

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Good story. I liked how he let his anger and betrayal out, and gave it to her. In person would have been better.

Letting her have it on the phone while he's leaving made him look weak like he was running away and couldn't stand up for himself. I can also see not doing it in person if you were worried you do something violent and get yourself arrested. I think it's silly how in so many betrayal stories the man never gets mad and gives back the hurt he's been given. I see that as being weak and unhealthy, not some weird kind of noble. The other thing, I can never buy, that a woman cheats for months on her husband and then claims she loves him. I just can't buy it. It's silly. Just saying the word love means nothing compared to her actions. Women are not stupid they have to realize this. It does make for good drama in a make believe story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous