All Comments on 'Driver Needed'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
don87654don87654over 18 years ago
Very honest and truthful

This is a story entirely of its own field. Very interesting and very enlightening. It was erotic and yet very vindictive and totally warranted on what happened to this rapist. I loved it! The part of Amerasian I can identify with as I adopted an Amerasian (Caucasian-Korean) girl, and my wife is Korean-American. Those "in-o-koes" are a beauty all of their own!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
right on

Loved it. More submissions please.

Rattlesnake1775Rattlesnake1775over 18 years ago
Not really

While there is the basis for a great story here, there are a couple of gaping holes that I will try to address in a row...

First, the relationship moves from nothing to marriage in about four seconds flat. Where is the build up, the tension? Clearly he gets hot by her and all the good jazz that goes with that, but how about some emotional play - by - play? It starts off with him having bad eye sight, but he flies a plane? Come on, that's a bit backward. And while I'll take the rags-to-riches turn around from down on her luck amerasian chick, what makes her a best selling author out of nowhere? At that point the story moves to fast, and it enters a very sensitive topic (date rape drugs and rape) and blows through it without stopping for much analysis or thought on the subjects. Instead we get a fairly senseless piece on the Navy Seals (who are very in vogue as plot devices right now, four stories so far today) and then a very rapid conclusion.

There is much more here, much more that was not expounded upon. Story was okay, could have been much better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Excellent

Marveloous retribution for a major scumbag.

Truly a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Being a sucker for a love story

lovingly told I really enjoyed it Thank You. Ronnie W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Nice ending.

While it was not a happy ending, at least justice was served. Not a bad retribution to the rapist. Your tale telling was able to move emotions in this reader. That is good. Not many writers have the skills to do that. Thank you again for sharing this tale.

NamizujsNamizujsabout 18 years ago
Good story!

I feel there were some jumps and unallowable twists in the story, which I loved anyway.

(Flying with sight bad for driving is a no go! She had to be grateful, He could fall for the beauty, but it did seem quick to marriage! No real need for Seals!)

Don't take the criticism to heart though :-)!

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
not too bad

I absolutely love that this story dared to be different towards the end. However, the transitions were a little rough and there were a few discrepancies like when kim first arrives with her son she callS him Jason and in the rest of the story he's referred to as Jerry. The idea is there and it's great but just didn't flow as well as it could've. All in all, a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Pretty darn good

This is truly a great story, well written and thought out.

It is also quite unique and not over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Could have been very good except:-

You put motors on all your characters and they move through the story so quickly that you cannot see them for the dust they raise. Virtually no characterisation disappoints as well, and does not give any point of identification with the characters.

thatawaythatawayover 13 years ago
Anonymous is an ass mouth

Anonymous is an ass mouth I have been a fan for years, and believe your name usually means an enjoyable read. I also am very sick of all the trash who find something free, with no obligations to use at all, but they work overtime trying to tear down someone while they possess not one talent. Not even the humanity to encourage rather than critisize.

maxx308maxx308over 13 years ago
Another great story

Thank you for the great story. Becoming a huge fan of your work. Always well done.

BetterEndingBetterEndingalmost 13 years ago
Another Good One

Another good story with a just if not happy ending. Of course the only unhappy part was that she got raped. I had this fear that she was going to turn out to be a gold digging slut. Thankfully you did not go that direction.

While there were some inconsistencies, overall it was a good read. Thanks again and keep writing!

drfeelrealdrfeelrealover 12 years ago
????

Was the sons name jason,then Jerry ?

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 11 years ago
A love story with excellent revenge...

I think this should be done to more rapists. Knock them out , shoot a chemical into their balls and leave them naked in the far backwoods. Knock them out with chloral hydrate (the old Mickey Finn) or I am sure they have some more modern drugs that work faster and better. Being knocked out for about twelve hours starting in the afternoon so they wake up at about 3AM WAAAAY back in the woods about 20 miles from the nearest house. If they never make it back to civilization, well, too bad. Thank you for writing this good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Can't see to drive

But you can fly a plane

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Romance

Another great story, Thanks. To bad the alligators didn't get him!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Very, very nice idea. But I couldn't continue reading once I got to the plane part. FFS, the guy has bad eyes and doesn't want to drive anymore, but he has no problem piloting a plane? Man, that's fucked up reasoning.

oldwayneoldwayneabout 10 years ago
I like you Eagle Man, so you get a five...

but I also wondered how he could fly a plane with those bad eyes????

fanfarefanfarealmost 10 years ago

"Kim's doctor told her that my age should have no effect on the babies health or development. Having viable sperm was the only real problem with older men. That eased our fears about my age."

Unfortunately several recent research programs have shown measurable correlation between the age of the male and possible risk to the child. One such possibility still to be confirmed, is that the genetic damage skips a generation and will show up in the grandchildren as increased numbers of autism or genetic defects such as Down Syndrome or Dwarfism.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
We got it - bad eye = bad pilot

He did say he did not like to drive anymore not that he was - as yet - unable to qualify to drive.

But whatever - the story was a fun romp and fantasy - they both had the right attitude about the rape - and the rapist did use a viable approach - convince her he was her husband then do what comes naturally.

The genetics in an unknown - leave it alone at this point in time - HIS doctor may have not subscribed to that idea - LOL

Thanks for another entertaining story that made me think - "What would I do?"

flodnarflodnarover 9 years ago
Editor needed!

You write a compelling story. You do need an editor or proofreader. Grammar is not a strong suite. Sorry, but I had to submit recommendations that were eventually reviewed by Admiral Hyman G. Rickover and he demanded perfection. The Seals also require that, or the outcome is not pretty.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
how is that possible?

The eyesight requirements for the physical exam to keep a pilots license are much more strict than for a drivers license.

Can't see good enough to drive?

Then you already lost your pilots license.

Hard to write a good story when you start from such a bad premise.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
I had the same reaction

I had the same reaction to this story as others. How in the world can he fly a plane if he cannot see well enough to drive. This inconsistency darn near destroyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
a 2 star

phantasy drivel.

2 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You have some writing skills but

not as much imagination as I would like. There was little development and no real patience with your story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
As Ever 286

U Dun Gud!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
confused

I liked the story, but how does a guy fly an airplane if he does not see well enough to drive a car.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous