All Comments on 'Drowning at Dusk Ch. 07 - Finale'

by karina_jayde

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Bravo! It’s all I could’ve hoped for. Your writing is amazing, captivating, funny, and sexy all at once. You’re the best damn author on the platform.

dontyouwishyouknewdontyouwishyouknew4 months ago

You are such a master at your craft, Karina-Jayde! Your creativity and imagination revolving around the Moondance, while such a tiny piece of the overall story, draws the reader in and helps create total immersion in the story. And yet the Moondance is just one example of the talent you apply to these stories. In my list of favorite authors here, you rank up in the top few. Thank you!

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon3 months ago

I loved that what started as a fantasy tale with some pretty filthy sex turned into a love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Amazing series; we definitely need more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Truly a literary feast for the imagination! Be well, dear author.

StephenZ75StephenZ7517 days ago

That was truly amazing. My soppy mind wanted to end it with an "I love you", but then again, teasing that and then cruelly not giving it is what this was all about, wasn't it? Well done.

ActingupActingup16 days ago

Thank you! An enormous story, capped by an intense and amazing scene.

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Hi, there.

Very entertaining erotic fantasy with interesting characters, a good plot, and well written sex scenes. I didn't expect this to turn into a love story when it started with a rather kinky atmosphere. The slaughter on the cemetery island, the reconnaissance trip to Amberkeep, and battle in the wood were pretty epic. I also commend you for not hesitating to kill leading characters on the good side (Terakh, Varanthir). Raises the tension of a story.

I think there are some minor plotholes (or maybe I didn't pay enough attention), like: What happened with Amisra's artifact? I had kinda expected that it'd play a role in the story's conclusion. Wasn't Terakh safe-guarding it? If so, nobody picked it up when he died in battle. Also, what happened to the rest of Xelari's band that she left behind in the forest? Did Xelari totally leave them out to dry? Anyway, nitpicking here. Thanks for writing and posting this story.

karina_jaydekarina_jayde9 days agoAuthor

@Anon:

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you liked it!

And you are definitely right about the plotholes/inconsistencies. You've got a good eye.

I think that comes down to me doing a significant re-write after chapter 3, and neglecting to tie up some loose ends.

In terms of the relic: initially the story was going to be a pretty straightforward series of dungeon delves and relic hunts, with some raunchy sex thrown in. But the development of Esharyn and Xelari's dynamic caused me to shift that in favor of something more focused on them, so the Amisra stuff fell by the wayside and quite honestly slipped from my mind. If/when I continue with this, that's definitely a loose end I'll tie up and do a better job of handling. But I think my explanation for know will be that Terakh would have left it in the care of Sergayl back in the city before he headed out with the army.

In terms of the others: at the end of Chapter 3, Xelari mentioned that Valrafein and the other hirelings would be lingering in the Wildwood to search for more relics, so that's where they'd have left off. Considering the decentralized/autonomous nature of the Deathless cells, Valrafein is still probably just doing his own thing for now while Xelari and Esharyn set off on further adventures.

Trc2003Trc20037 days ago

Excellent story!

I liked the plot and the well described characters!,,,,

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userkarina_jayde@karina_jayde
April 30 2024 Update: The last installment of the 'Breaking the Barbarian' series is out. I am currently undergoing edits to the first entry in a sequel to the Duchess of Lust. Once that goes up, I will be putting out two more non-human stories, to experiment with more unusu...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES