Druid13e - Eileen Shares Some Secrets

Story Info
Walter learns of her traditions.
6.2k words
4.27
3.1k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Shoreguy
Shoreguy
183 Followers

Walter called again the night after their skating adventure. He called every night and by Tuesday he was asking Eileen about her plans for the following weekend. Some faint cramps and a quick calculation told her that the 'curse' was due to strike by Friday and she would be 'out of action' for the weekend.

Eileen tried to think of an easy way to tell Walter that she was anxious to see him again, but that she wouldn't be 'available' for the activities that she knew that they both wanted to do. So, she decided that being 'up-front' was going to be the way that she would be with him. So, on Wednesday when he called, Eileen said: "Walter, do you want to bother driving all the way down here on Saturday?

Walter: "Why? I would really like to see you again."

Eileen: "Well, I will be 'out of action', if you know what I mean."

Walter: "You won't be there?"

Eileen: "Oh I'll be here but I will . . . Walter, it's my time of the month."

Walter: "Lady, you sound like it's a bad thing. It's just part of life; besides, I want to be with you, if you'll let me."

Eileen registered the word 'Lady'. It was the first time that Walter had called her that. He always just says 'Eileen'. She liked the term and the way that he said it. "You're always welcome here, I was just unsure if you wanted to make that long drive if we couldn't . . . you know."

Walter: "The 'you know' is obviously a big part of our lives, but it's not the only thing. I really enjoy being with you. Being with some of your parts is also great, but it's you that I would like to be with Saturday. Besides, it might give me a chance to meet and get to know your son, Ian."

Eileen: "Ian will be with his father this weekend. He picks him up Friday night or Saturday mornings and brings him back Sunday afternoon."

Walter: "OK, but can I still come to see you?"

Eileen: "Want to meet my parents?"

Walter: "Didn't I meet them at that cookout last summer?"

Eileen: "Do you remember them?"

Walter: "Actually . . . no. But I could pretend that I do."

Eileen: "Yes, please come Saturday, how about if I make us a dinner? I could invite Mum and Pappy over and we could all eat together."

Walter: "That sounds great; I'll bring the wine, red or white?"

Eileen: "I don't know, what goes with corned beef?"

Walter: "I'm not sure, I'll ask the guy at the Class-six store" (Military base liquor store).

Eileen: "Walter, you are such a great guy, thank you for being there for me."

Walter: "Lady, I'll be anywhere for you. And Saturday I'll be there with some wine and an appetite. What time?"

Eileen: Can you be here at six?"

Walter: "Six it is. But I'll be calling again tomorrow night if that's OK."

Eileen: "Always OK. You can call anytime, even in the middle of the night, anytime."

Walter: "Great. Lady, I miss you already but I look forward to seeing you Saturday. I promise to try to be on my good behavior and to remember your parents. Goodnight, Lady."

Eileen: Good night, Walter." As she pushed the END button she whispered into the phone:' I think that I love you.'

Eileen immediately started making a list for the dinner. Corned beef and cabbage was one of her favorites and she liked making it. It was simple basic food, but she knew that Mum liked it and Pappy would devour it with lots of mustard. Mum would eventually give Pappy 'that look' that meant for him to cut back on the mustard, 'it will give him indigestion, and terrible gas!'

Friday afternoon, that rat-bastard Robert came by, right on schedule and picked up Ian for the weekend. Eileen didn't say anything to him about her plans for Saturday, only bidding her son a motherly good-bye and watching their car until it turned at the next corner. That Bimbo was sitting in the passenger seat and never got out. The bitch didn't even turn to look in Eileen's direction. The child seat was in the back seat, where it belonged. Eileen waved to Ian as they drove off, Ian was busy talking to everyone in the car but turned to smile at his mother just as they pulled out. 'See you Sunday, my love'.

Eileen spent most of Friday evening and all of Saturday morning cleaning and straightening the house. She was sure that Walter would not notice some of the mess, but Mum can be a little 'critical' and she didn't want to hear anything bad from her. The cramps were surprisingly mild this time, smiling, she thought: 'maybe all that rogering put things into their proper place'

She started preparing the dinner at about two O-Clock. It wouldn't take too long to cook, but she was anxious. She started with the spuds, peeling and washing them then letting them soak just like her mother had taught her. The rest of the dinner was started with the target of about six-thirty in mind. What to wear?

Eileen selected a house dress that had a bright floral pattern. She liked this dress and it wasn't too low cut so Mum would be happy and it wasn't too short so Pappy would not object. This time, she opted for a conservative pair of knickers and some panty hose that would give her legs a little color. Like her Mum and sisters, Eileen was very pale. 'Pasty White' is how Jennifer describes it. Nothing much can be done since tanning doesn't do much and the little tan that she can get is gone before the end of September. What about a sweater to cover those chalk-like arms? No, the sweater over a house dress would be too much 'TV mom' looking. The sweater went back into the closet. Looking in the mirror, Eileen was satisfied with the dress. 'Too bad I can't show off my ass a little' she muttered.

Mum and Pappy came through the back door, unannounced at about five-thirty. Pappy went right in, sat on the couch and put the TV on. Mum was carrying a covered bowl and announced: "Rice pudding." Eileen took the bowel and put it into the fridge. Mum announced: "Smells good in here, what time is your man-friend going to get here?"

Eileen: "I told him six."

Mum: "He's driving a long way down from the base, he must either really like you or he's really hungry. Which do you think it is?"

Eileen: "Oh Mum, let's not go there. Walter is a nice man, and I really like him. But please, don't get into the regular interrogation mode that you do, I don't want to scare him off."

Mum: "So, you really like this guy, then?"

Eileen: "See, you're starting already, on me. Please?"

Mum: "OK, I'll be good. But you can't expect me not to be concerned, after all, you're track record on selecting men isn't so good, you know."

Eileen: "Well, if you must know, Meagan picked him. I just happen to agree with her selection."

Mum: "Yes, I know about that. It does not make a mother happy to know that her daughter, her youngest at that, was 'serviced' by a man.

Eileen: "Mum, please just let me be and be good, please?"

Mum: "As you like. But don't come crying to me if this one just 'does the deed and then dumps you'."

Eileen just smiled at her mother. A patient and daughterly smile. She was afraid to say anything else. Afraid that she might ruin the evening. She wondered if the friction with her mother was driven by the 'time of the month'.

Mum went into the living room and joined Pappy on the couch. Eileen checked the table setting for the hundredth time and a few minutes later the doorbell rang. Eileen rushed through the living room beating Pappy to the door. Opening the door, she smiled at Walter standing there with a large paper sack in his arms. Ushering him in, Eileen made the introductions: "Pappy, Mum this is Walter. You met once before at Meagan's cook out last summer."

Pappy held out his hand for a shake and mum smiled and muttered something that nobody understood. Eileen learned the next day that Mum had pronounced a Welsh welcome that was used when a prospective husband came calling on a maiden daughter. But for tonight, she just ignored the muttering and was happy when Walter said: "Yes, I remember from the cookout. You were there fresh from church, right?"

Pappy: "Aye, lad. That we were. You work with Meagan's Jim if I'm correct."

Walter: "Yes, sir. We have closely related jobs. I am actually in touch with him almost every day. He's doing fine in Turkey and is looking forward to getting back stateside."

Pappy really liked the 'sir' that this young man used. Politeness from someone his age was a little rare these days. And he was a big healthy-looking lad! And it was so nice to see a young man with a decent haircut. Not all raggedy nor shaven bald.

Mum was a little more reserved. She welcomed Walter with a nice smile and said: "Nice to see you again, Walter. How was the drive?"

Eileen took the bag with two bottles of wine from Walter and headed for the kitchen. "Dinner will be ready in a few minutes Walt, have a seat and I will put the wine in the fridge."

Walter sat in the one single chair, facing toward the couch and said: "Oh, the ride from the base is not bad at all. Mostly back roads and there is no real traffic. The only back-up happens at that crazy 'circle' thing. Nobody knows what to do."

Pappy: "They call them roundabouts back home, in the UK."

Walter: "Yes, Eileen told me that you are originally from the UK. I've never been there but I hope to visit sometime before I retire."

Mum: "You're making a career of the Army, then?"

Walter: "Yes, ma'am. I'm almost half-way to my twenty years and so far, I like the work, the places that I have been assigned and the people that I meet. "He put a little emphasis on the 'people that I meet' part, hoping it was loud enough for Eileen to hear out in the kitchen.

Eileen heard every word. She was listening just out of sight behind the wall. Happy that Mum hadn't started anything (yet?) She guessed that dinner was about ready and called into the living room: "Walter, can you open the wine, please?"

Walter got right up, saying: "Please excuse me" and walked into the kitchen. Eileen was standing at the counter holding one of the bottles and a cork screw. Walter walked up and kissed her, quietly. He didn't touch her, just with his lips. "Hello, I've missed you."

That was all that Eileen needed. She gave him a big smile and put both arms around his neck and gave him a big kiss back. "I've missed you, too." Looking him in the eyes: "Are you as good with that corkscrew as you are with your other 'tools'?

Walter actually blushed a little: "I don't know, let's see how I do."

Walter opened the wine and poured the four glasses that were on the dining room table. He wedged the cork back into the top of the bottle and returned it to the fridge. He noticed all the juice boxes and other things indicating that a child was also in residence. Eileen called: "Dinner's ready" and her parents came into the dining room. Pappy took his usual seat with his back to the window and Mum sat next to him with her back to the wall.

Eileen indicated the chair opposite Pappy for Walter as she sat in the chair closest to the kitchen.

Walter picked up his wine: "To a good dinner and the great lady who cooked it." Everyone was surprised at the toast. They rarely had wine with dinner and never a toast. But, somehow, it seemed appropriate and Mum was visibly impressed with this young man.

Eileen served a great dinner. As predicted, halfway through it, Mum 'Ahemm'd' in Pappy's' direction until he put the mustard jar back down. The dinner chatter was light with friendly questions about Walters's overseas assignments, his thoughts on the local area, some 'war stories' involving himself and Meagan's Jim, and general topics. When Walter referred to Meagan's husband as 'Sergeant Jim' she, at first, didn't catch on but soon realized that her son-in-law was the 'senior man' in the group that Walter worked in.

Dinner was pleasant, filling and finally over. Mums rice pudding was served in small bowels and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Pappy asked: "Is there any more of this at home?" Mum nodded and everyone was amused. Pappy was serious. He wanted to have more of the rice pudding, probably before he went to bed.

After dinner, the men went back into the living room and Mum helped Eileen clear the table and rinse the dishes. Eileen loaded the dishwasher but didn't start it. "It makes too much noise, I'll run it in the morning." Satisfied, Mum went back into the living room and stood by the couch looking at Pappy. "Well, I hate to eat and run, but we have to get on down to the church."

Eileen: "Why, what's going on?"

Pappy: "It's a meeting of the 'old farts' club. We're planning a trip to a show and tonight is the last chance to get our 'two cents worth' into the fray."

Mum: "It's the 'Community Seniors Club' not what your father calls it. But we do have to go. Eileen it was a great dinner and Walter it was great to see you again." With that Mum walked up to Walter and gave him a little kiss on the cheek. Eileen was shocked. Pappy shook his hand and the pair of them went out the front door and walked directly to their car.

As soon as they pulled away from the curb, Eileen closed the front door and turned facing the room: "I don't believe it."

Walter: "Don't believe what?"

Eileen: "I guess that Mum likes you. She never kisses anybody that she has just met. Being British, she tends to be a little 'stand-off-ish'. I'm really impressed."

Walter: "Your parents are nice people. I'm surprised how little accent you have compared to them."

Eileen: Yes, Meagan is the only one who still sounds British. Even I can hear it. Jenn has a few words, once in a while, that you can hear with a little different accent, but I came here young enough to shed most of that foolishness."

Walter: "Foolishness? I think it's interesting. I like the way it sounds."

Eileen: "More wine?"

Walter: "Sure, it's still early. Should I open the other bottle?"

Eileen: "OK, I'll get some clean glasses."

Walter opened the wine and joined Eileen on the couch. They sipped the wine and didn't put the TV on. Instead, Eileen put on some low music and they snuggled together very comfortably on the couch. After a few minutes, Eileen said: "You can blame me and my cooking tomorrow, at work."

Walter: "I'm not working tomorrow, but why would I blame you?"

Eileen: "Well, tomorrow afternoon you will be remembering this meal, especially the cabbage. You will be tooting for a while. Cabbage is very gassy!"

Walter: "I'm usually a little gassy anyway. I'm sure that nobody will notice the difference, besides I wouldn't blame you anyway."

Eileen: "Thanks. And thank you for coming down tonight. It means a lot to me, considering my current . . . 'condition.'

Walter: "I told you, I just want to be with you. All that other stuff, as great as it is, is just icing on the cake, so to speak."

Eileen: "Yeah, but how many people eat the icing first?"

Walter appreciated her joke and just pulled her a little closer.

Eileen: "Walter, there are a few things that I need you to know about me. Can we talk?"

Walter: "Sure, anything you want."

Eileen asked Walter to click the table lamp down to the lowest setting. Feeling a little more intimate in the dimly lit room Eileen started: "Well, first thing, I'm not an American citizen."

Walter: "I don't understand."

Eileen: "Technically, I am still a subject of Her Majesty, I'm British."

Walter: "Really? I thought that all your family were citizens. Jim never said anything and he has a clearance at the highest level. I guess that his sisters-in-law status doesn't matter very much for that."

Eileen: "Yeah, I was interviewed by some guys in suits a few years ago. They really didn't seem to care as long as I could produce a birth certificate showing that I was born in the UK and a 'green card' showing that I am not here illegally."

Walter: "Can anybody be here from the UK illegally?"

Eileen: "I don't know. But I wanted you to know about my citizenship status. I will likely pursue citizenship, someday. But for now, it just doesn't seem to matter."

Walter: "It certainly doesn't matter to me. That's for sure."

Eileen: "OK, Good. Next thing, I am still legally married to Ian's father. The lawyers are working on that. We have a legal separation and a child support agreement, but the divorce is not final and probably won't be until next summer."

Walter: "Again, OK. I don't need to know the details between you and him unless you want me to know. All I know right now is that I like you, just as you are. I'm beginning to feel that it may be more than 'like'. . . much more than 'like'."

Eileen kissed him again: "Thank you for saying that. I am growing very fond of you too. Let's not put words to that, just yet. But you need to know that I think about you a lot and I am ever so happy that you are part of my life."

Walter: "I feel the same way, too. So, what's left? Did you rob a bank or kidnap the Lindberg baby or something?"

Eileen: "No, nothing like that. But . . . Mum, Meg, Jenn and I all observe some of the 'old ways' that came with us from England."

Walter: "Old ways? What does that mean?"

Eileen: "OK, let me explain. Please don't pass judgment until you hear me out, OK?"

Walter nodded and listened as Eileen continued: "Mum and her daughters descend from people who lived in Wales. Know where that is?" Another nod from Walter. "Mum taught us a lot of the old ways and a little of the Welsh language. Know what that is?" This time Walter indicated a No. "It's an ancient language, but a lot of people still speak it in Western England. Mum can speak it. Everyone in England speaks English, but some people speak Welsh at home or in small villages, OK?"

Walter again nodded yes and took a sip of his wine. Eileen continued: "Well, we are Christians and observe the Christian rites, but we also honor the 'Earth Mother' as duty requires."

Walter: "Duty? I know about duty. It's what I do or sometimes what I have to do, like CQ duty."

Eileen: "Good, but our duty is driven by a need for women to provide for and protect our family. Have you noticed that Meagan has a big garden in her back yard? "Yes, I saw the fenced in area last summer, but I didn't really give it much thought."

Eileen: "Well, if you look in the back yard here, you will see the patch that I share with Mum. And Jenn has her own garden behind her house. It's our 'duty' to have a garden, to tend it and to harvest the vegetables, spices, herbs and flowers that grow there. The parsley that was on the potatoes tonight came from Meagan's garden.

Walter remembered the little dark flakes that were on the potatoes but really didn't remember how they tasted.

"We plant, tend and reap from our own gardens; and share with other women when we can. Mum actually does most of the planning for each year's gardening while I provide most of the labor. It is a labor of love and we share the duties among us. When we were kids, Mum would assign sections of the garden to each of us and we did our duty."

Walter: "So far, this is interesting but I don't see why it is a secret."

Eileen: I'm coming to that. OK, here goes: The 'Earth Mother' requires each wife and mother to perform a 'ritual' twice a year, on the night of the Equinox. Do you know what the Equinox means?" Walter smiled and said: "Yeah, I paid attention in science class; it's the day when the sun crosses the Equator making the day and the night of equal length, right?"

Eileen: "Right! And on that day every mother does her 'cleansing and penance sacrifice' ritual. Have you ever heard of that?" Walter: "No"

"Well, on that day, the wife or mother works in the garden and, as expected, gets a little dirty. Dirty meaning soil, not something else. Anyway, on the night of the Equinox, after cooking her man a good meal, the woman is washed from head to toe by her man. She is washed twice, by ritual and then 'cleaned out'.

Walter: "Cleaned out? You mean thrown out of the house?"

Shoreguy
Shoreguy
183 Followers
12