Dynamic Duo Pt. 06-07

Story Info
A short romantic story.
7.1k words
4.66
6.2k
3
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/24/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Part 6

Immediately, Rebecca called Shia. The two women talked as if they were old friends and Rebecca headed to Georgia over the weekend. Over the next couple of months, Shia and Rebecca became fast friends. The two women were practically inseparable.

Time seemed to fly. What started out as a simple family affair had blossomed into a huge community event.

Rebecca visited so often, that Carson grew attached to the other woman. Chris made himself scarce when Rebecca visited. The only visits he looked forward to were when John came with her.

The two men would often hide out and swapped war stories. It was during one of these visits that John learned about Tyrone. He never met the man, but based on what Chris and his friends shared, he knew he would not like the guy.

A few months before the wedding, Chris was determined to cover the cost. John offered to help, but Thomas and Brandon soon assured both men that all cost were covered. Chris really liked both young men. He was happy they flew down with their parents this weekend. Chris insisted. "As father of the bride, I'm covering the reception at least."

John agreed. He piped in. "You two can pay for your sisters' weddings."

"Chris, Dad, we are paying for everything. I'll tell you guys what. You cover drinks for the reception and we'll call it even." Thomas stated, his love for his father evident and respect for his future father-in-law growing.

John frowned, "What kind of drinks are you boys talking about. If I'm buying spirits, I'm getting stuff that'll put hair on your chest."

Brandon laughed, "OK dad, but Mom would look funny with a hairy chest, remember that."

Chris laughed. "All right young men, we will take care of the bar. You Thomas just make my little girl happy." Chris then looked at Brandon. "How are things with you and LaKita? I thought that maybe we would have more than one wedding?" He queried.

Brandon stammered a bit. "LaKita and I are good friends. I'm not pressuring her."

John frowned. This was not what he suspected the last time he saw them together. But then knowing how close the brothers were, it was not surprising that Brandon would pull away.

"Son, is everything alright?" John asked.

Thomas paused. He too noticed that Brandon was becoming more withdrawn. "Dad, everything is fine. This is a time to celebrate Thomas and LaTika. Let's get Thomas married. I'm getting tired of his love-struck, pining eyes." Brandon joked. No one believed him.

Chris waited, then he spoke. "You have to do what's right for you. There is no rush." The men then went back to talking sports. Brandon was silent once more. He'd messed up with LaKita, but he was sure he was winning her back. Chris asked him something about one of the teams and he joined in the banter.

*****

Scheduling the wedding was not hard, and soon the happy couple had plans in place. Next they had to decide where to live as well. Three weeks left before the big day, and Thomas had one more obstacle.

"So, Tika, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?" Thomas whispered one night as held her close.

LaTika sighed, "Um, never thought about it. I've always lived near my family. A few years ago, I moved away from my family and I like living away, here in the city. If I picked a new place, maybe New Orleans. It's close to Georgia, but far enough away that I could still be independent."

Thomas smiled, "OK, then he sent a message."

"What are you up to?" LaTika questioned. She knew her quiet lover would move heaven and earth to make her happy.

Thomas smiled, rolled her beneath him, and kissed her softly. "Don't worry. You will have all that you desire."

LaTika smiled and circled his neck with her arms, "I already have everything that I want."

Thomas knew. She was his all in all. "Tika, I need you."

She smiled, "I'm here. What are you waiting for?"

Sliding between her thighs, Thomas slipped into her hot heat. He groaned. She was amazing. He was the one that requested that they wait, but with the wedding weeks away, he needed to love her now. Moving slowly, in and out, I and out, LaTika moaned as her body stretched to accept his girth.

"Moaning, Thomas whispered his words of love, and promises to cherish her forever. "Tika, my Tika" He moaned.

Tika was stunned and only able to reply in moans. She had never had anyone love her so thoroughly.

"Thomas, cum in me." She moaned. He fell, filling her with is seed, LaTika climaxed, her body convulsing as Thomas too was lost in the oneness of their union.

"LaTika, I love you." Thomas whispered as he held her close. Just then her phone rang. The familiar ringtone made the couple moan. LaKita seemed to call at the most awkward times.

Thomas answered. The two bantered as he handed Tika the phone. The two chatted as Thomas drifted into a nice nap.

*****

LaKita reported to work Monday morning. She was excited about the wedding, and as matron of honor, she had to set up a killer bachelorette party. Brandon watched her. Since Thomas and LaTika became engaged, he seemed too cool off in his pursuit of LaKita.

One day, as she was headed to lunch, a member of the staff approached. He asked her to join him and Brandon actually told them to enjoy. LaKita was upset, and she knew they needed to talk. S everyone left the office, she confronted him.

"What was today about?" She demanded.

Brandon sighed, "I'm sorry. He asked you to join him and I wanted you to enjoy your lunch. I don't understand the problem."

"Brandon, for months we've been together. Well, not like Thomas and Tika, but I thought..." LaKita paused.

He wasn't moving. Her heart raced. "LaKita, we aren't married. We're both free to see others, and besides you don't need my approval." Brandon explained.

LaKita froze. "Are you seeing someone?" She wasn't sure. Lately since Thomas moved away, Brandon seemed to distance himself from her. She didn't notice at first, but his cryptic words gave her pause.

"No, I'm not dating anyone if that's what you mean. I'm just saying we can see other people if we chose to." Brandon explained.

LaKita stood. Her heart ached. She really cared about this man, but he was turning out to be just like all the other men she'd met. LaKita started walking. She walked out of his office, grabbed her bag, and did not say another word to him. Brandon felt a chill. She was upset, but that was alright. He needed something. He wasn't sure what. Today when Ned invited her to lunch, he wanted to punch the other man, but resisted. However, she left with him. Now she had the nerve to be upset. She should have refused and then declared her love for him.

Brandon sat at his desk, wishing he could fix the damage he'd just caused. Then he smiled. Tomorrow, they were visiting his family. LaKita was riding with him. He'd apologize and al would be well. Leaving the office, he checked in with Thomas.

LaKita drove home. She refused to cry. She had not cried over a boy since she was sixteen years old and would not cry now. She called Kita, and the two talked. She felt better.

Meanwhile, Thomas knew Brandon was upset. He talked to his brother and smiled. It seemed Brandon was in deeper than he realized.

"Brandon, apologize tomorrow when you drive home. You better hope she accepts, Mom will skin you alive if Kita is upset.'' Thomas teased.

Brandon agreed. Then he showered. Closing his eyes, he imagined his Nubian Goddess joining him. Her dark tone a perfect complement to his almond complexion. "Kita" he whispered and she vanished.

Brandon opened his eyes. He was done fooling himself.

He called Thomas once more and Thomas laughed. He knew it,. If the fates were in sync, the family would celebrate a double wedding.

The next morning, Brandon called and Kita answered. "Kita, I'm picking you up a little early. Let's have breakfast before hitting the road."

"No you're not. I'm not going. I'll see everyone in Georgia at the wedding. Drive safely." She hang up.

Brandon was stunned. She wasn't going. She never refused to accompany him to see the family. Jumping out of bed, Brandon drove to her apartment.

"LaKita, it's me. We need to talk." He demanded as he rang her doorbell.

"Brandon, it's early. I'm not going. What do you want?" LaKita demanded.

"I want more than you decided not to go. Mom and dad are expecting you. Not to mention Tika and Thomas." Brandon reminded her.

"I already called them. I told them I had other plans. Enjoy your drive. Maybe you can take someone else with you. You did say we are free agents right?" She added saucily.

"Look, Kita, I was jealous. Look, he watched you all day. I couldn't say anything. But when he asked you out, I was furious, so I pretended tit was not a big deal. But you went with him. You could have refused." He exhaled. "I mean, really, and then to come back smiling." He began to pace. LaKita watched.

"What, you expected me to be miserable after you pushed me off on another man. Look, Brandon, just go. Drive safely." LaKita opened her door.

Slamming the door shut, Brandon faced her. "I'm not leaving. You're not going, then I'm staying here with you."

"That's ridiculous. Your family is expecting you. I want to be left alone Brandon. I need to be alone. Just go." LaKita demanded.

"I can't go, LaKita. I can't go without you. You see, I realized something, I refuse to spend another moment without you in my life.

Siting on the overstuffed sofa, Brandon pulled her next to him. "I want what Thomas had with your sister. I want forever. I know this isn't the most romantic, but marry me LaKita. Let me become the only man you'll ever need." He whispered.

LaKita was stunned. She stood and walked away. "No. I'm sorry, no. Now please, go."

Brandon was shocked. "Kita?"

"Leave Brandon. Say hi to everyone for me." She then waited as a stunned Brandon walked out.

Brandon stood outside of her apartment. Stunned. She said no. LaKita, please, don't send me away. Brandon thought. He stood, immobile. At some point, he climbed into his car and just sat there. Staring back at her apartment door, Brandon's mind raced with thoughts of what he should do. Yet, a part of him was devastated. She refused him. She did not want him. Soon his phone rang, waking him from his stupor.

"Bran, what is this about Kita not coming? Tika was upset all night. I thought you planned to apologize." Thomas insisted.

"She told me to go, Thom. I took it too far." Brandon exhaled. "She means the world to me, Thomas and I messed up."

"What happened?" Thomas asked. He'd never head his brother sound so despondent.

Meanwhile, LaTika was calling her sister. "Kita answered.

"I'm not coming. I explained in the voicemail." Kita insisted,

"Kita, I know you are upset, but please think about it. The wedding is in three weeks, we really need you here." LaTika insisted.

"Tika, I can't." Kita whispered.

"What did Brandon do?" LaKita asked. She loved Brandon, but if he hurt her sister, she was ripping hm a new one.

"He proposed. He didn't mean it. It was a ploy to distract me. I won't be manipulated, Kita. He wants to dictate whom I can talk to, how I spend my time, and even the things I do to an extent. I went through that with Gary. You know how that ended. I won't let it happen again." LaKita explained.

LaTika shook. She remembered her sister's first boyfriend. He was controlling and abusive. LaKita hid the abuse for years, then one night, Kita saw the marks on her arm and told Grandma. Aunt Annette and grandma made LaKita tell them what has happening to her. She never saw Grandma cry before that day. But she left. Momma came home, and Aunt Annette wouldn't let her leave the house.

Grandma told LaKita that she would not have to deal with Gary again, and she called some of her friends. The gentlemen stopped by and they older ones talked. Grandma and the gentlemen went for ride. The next day, Gary dropped off LaKita things that he had and told her to stay away from him. She was too weak for him anyway. Mom and Aunt Annette held her. She remembered her sister cried for days, then one day Chris stopped by.

LaKita smiled at the memory. Chris apologized to LaKita for not keeping her safe and he promised her he would move heaven and earth before he let something like this happen again. LaKita healed and life went on. She dated a few more guys, but Brandon was the only guy she never saw her sister be this serious with.

"LaKita, you know Brandon. He's not like Gary. Look, can you come visit for me? Come home with Brandon just for the weekend. You two can talk. Please, I need to see you." LaTika pleaded. "You know he would never hurt you."

LaKita exhaled, "OK, I'll come, but this is just for you."

LaTika smiled. The two hang up as Thomas entered.

"Brandon will talk to her again. Hopefully she'll change her mind." Thomas explained, pulling his love into his arms.

LaTika smiled. "She's coming. I hope they get past this."

Brandon drove home and loaded his car. He drove back to LaKita's apartment. He wanted her with him. Her rejection stung, but he could understand why she said no. He did not go about it the right way. He needed to win her trust and stop hiding. Brandon wore many faces. Often he showed the stone-filled side that the world saw. With his family, he relaxed and a less serious mask was revealed. But with LaKita he was so guarded.

She amazed him, and deep down he envied Thomas. Thomas and LaTika had the one thing he wanted with LaKita more than anything.

He returned to the apartment. As he raised his hand to knock, she opened the door. "Kita, you changed your mind?" He asked, heart racing. Maybe she'd give him another chance as well.

"My sister, my family is counting on me. I won't let them down. Let's go." Kita replied as she hoisted her bag.

Brandon took the bag as she climbed into his vehicle. They had a three hour drive. He smiled. Surely in three hours., he'd win back her favor.

The first thirty minutes were complete silence. Soon, Brandon asked if she needed breakfast. They stopped and LaKita paid for her own meal, even though he insisted.

The next few hours were awkward. Finally unable to take more, Brandon spoke, "LaKita, I'm sorry. I was out of line. There is no excuse for how I've been acting. It's just that Thomas and I have done everything in our lives together. I'm happy for him. Hell, I'm even excited, but I am also scared. My brother won't need me anymore."

LaKita looked at him. Tears ran down her cheeks as she shared a story she never told anyone. "Thomas will always need you, Brandon." She exhaled and looked out of the window. The landscape was amazing. "I need you to know something. Only my family knows this about me. I was so young when I met him. Grandma didn't like him. Momma warned me, but I kept him a secret. The first time he hit me, he apologized so sweetly. He couldn't live without me. It would never happen again. It did, many times in fact. Tika figured it out and told Grandma. He left. I swore no man would ever treat me or make me feel so helpless, so small again. Yesterday, you did. Then you show up with promises and apologies." She sniffed and wiped her tears on her sleeve.

"I know you aren't Gary. But you tried to control me, manipulate me to get what you want. We can be friends, Brandon, because I can't trust you not to hurt me anymore." Kita sniffed once more, "Friends is all I can offer right now."

Brandon's heart broke for the young woman she had once been. And he wished he could meet this Gary person.

"LaKita, I was wrong yesterday. I want you to know I will never act that way again." Brandon promised.

LaKita laughed, "God, I hope you are telling the truth. I can't ever go back to that again." She whispered. Brandon was so nervous. He would not give up on them. LaKita was his other half, his soul mate. LaKita closed her eyes for a moment. She had to get control of her emotions. "OK, we can be friends. Brandon, do you agree?" She asked extending her hand.

Brandon took her hand and kissed the back of her hand. "Friends."

The rest of the trip went by uneventfully. LaKita was welcomed and she and her sister finalized last minute details. Brandon was quiet. John noticed, but decided to wait until Brandon came to him. Rebecca and the girls had plans. Soon, LaTika forgot all about her issue with Brandon.

As soon as the brothers had a chance to talk, Thomas confronted his brother. "What happened?"

"We talked. She said we can be friends." Brandon looked so dejected.

""Friends? Really?" Thomas asked. Brandon nodded.

"You know she told me some things. She's been through a lot. If she just wants to be friends, then I need to respect that and be there for her." Brandon surmised.

Thomas nodded, as he sat next to his brother. "I know. I was hoping you two would work out. I wanted you with me up there."

Brandon smiled, "I'll be with you. I'm the best man remember."

Thomas sighed, "You know what I mean?"

Brandon humped his shoulders, as he felt a sense of guilt at disappointing his brother.

As the brothers talked, LaKita sat with her twin. Thomas and Brandon's sisters were with them. Everyone was careful and avoided asking about their relationship. LaTika was grateful. She wasn't ready to explain.

Soon the night grew late, and the girls bid each other good night. "Tika are you OK?" Tika asked.

LaKita smiled at her sister, "I'm fine. Rest, tomorrow, we have last minute shopping.

LaTika joined Thomas. Brandon waited up on LaKita.

"You can have my room. I'll sleep down here." He whispered. Kita smiled .

******

The end of part 6

Part 7

The week of the wedding arrived. Everyone traveled to Georgia. As everyone gathered for the final rehearsal, an unannounced visitor entered.

LaKita stood immediately. "What are you doing here, Tyrone. No one invited you." She demanded advancing on the older gentleman. She was not alone. Brandon was right behind her followed by several others.

"My baby girl is getting married and y'all trying to cheat me out of it." Tyrone smiled, and tried to appear contrite.

"Tommy, Branley, look, there was a misunderstanding earlier. I only wanted what was best for my girls. Their mother had me locked up and that man she shacked up with..." Chris stood as did John and several others.

Shia spoke. "Tyrone, leave. You are not wanted or welcomed here. Just go and never bother my girls again."

Tyrone lashed out, "Bitch, this is your fault. You taught my girls to hate me, to hate black men. I'm here though, and I will always be here." Tyrone added furious that Shia dare address him.

Chris had enough. "Tyrone, you need to leave. This is a private affair and you were not invited."

"White boy, you think you can tell me what to do? You can tell your bitch of a wife what to do, but I ain't no fucking slave. I'll fuck you up. Now these are my daughters, and I'm staying. You don't like it. I don't give a fuck." Tyrone declared.

"How much? How much will it take for you to vanish?" Brandon asked.

Everyone froze.

LaKita looked at him. "What?" She asked.

"He wants money. I'll give him whatever he wants if he never comes near you again." Brandon explained.

"No, that's not your call." LaKita argued.

"Why not?" Brandon huffed. This was his brother's wedding. This guy was not important. In fact, he was a pest. All he wanted was money. He had more than enough.

"What happens when he comes back in a few years?" LaKita sighed, "And again after that."

Brandon wanted to argue. But she was right. Paying him off would be easy, but not permanent. Tyrone smiled. He was about to have his dream. He'd be set for life.

"Well son-in-law, I knew I liked you. Welcome to the family." Tyrone grinned.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers