E-Written: Pirate Hood

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You going to let her stay up there, Rob?" Little John asked, his voice strained.

"You going to go get her?"

"No!"

"What's she hurting up there? She'll come down eventually. Tonight if not before."

"Tonight?"

"Before the storm, or during."

"If she isn't down before morning when we put in?"

"I will get her down if it comes to it, but she will come down. She is smart enough to know the danger of a storm at sea."

"Why not just cage her?"

"Are you kidding? Look at the boys."

Little John looked around at all of the others, watching them cast terrified and spooked glances up at the crows nest. He nodded, smiling. "That'll keep'm on their toes."

Robin chuckled, then waved Little John off as he took the wheel. He found his eyes going up almost as often as his men, if for a different reason. Of his crew, only two would go up in the nest and only four in the rigging. It wasn't a common thing for a man to just fly up there on a whim, let alone a 'lady'. He had never once heard tell of it.

But he had known she would do it as soon as she saw it.

He was also right that evening when the dark clouds started moving in. She watched them get closer, but slid down like a pro when it got close enough to be dangerous. His men skirted wide of her as she strode up to where he was at the wheel.

"Show me how to do that," she demanded, pushing his hands off the wheel to take hold of it.

"You should go below, before the storm starts," he told her, watching her and knowing what she was up to. From the opposite side, keeping his other hand where she could see it from her periphery, he reached across himself and slid his dagger from its sheath and tucked it behind his belt. A moment later, as she was pretending to learn to steer, she shifted and pivoted, turning to snatch his dagger.

She blinked at the empty sheathe, then glared up at him as he smirked at her.

"I will always know," he reminded her. "And I will always be faster. Go below and clean up the mess you made looking for some sort of weapon to use on me."

She looked confused a moment, as if wondering how he could know. He hadn't gone back in since she had come out, no one had.

"Get it done before I return and I won't punish you for it."

She stepped away, then bulled up, ashamed at her initial fear response. "I want to learn to sail!"

"I do not doubt you. Why would I teach you to sail? Go below and clean it up."

She spun and stormed off, going back into the cabin just before the rain began. He grinned, enjoying the game for now. An hour later, when it was dark, he called down to Will as he ran past. "Will! Go in my cabin and check on our prisoner!"

"I'd rather ride a stone overboard!" Will called as he kept going.

Robin chuckled again, then motioned Little John up. "You want the wheel for the night or you want to put hands on the girl and get her to her cage?"

"The wheel," Little John said quickly, adamantly.

Robin laughed again at how the little noble woman had all his men terrified of her. He left John to it as he went down. He paused at his door then pushed it open and waited. It was pitch black inside and he knew she was laying in wait. Probably with one of his personal treasures. He really needed to either put them away or stow her somewhere else.

"Go ahead," he called into the dark. "Give it your best shot, but beware that I am..."

He snatched the sextant out of the air, and then the scrimshaw, dropping them as easily as he could as more things flew at him. All of his things. He caught them all as quickly as she threw them, even the ones that flew wide.

"Dale! Pick these all up and stow them," he called as he stepped over them. He paused again at the door. "Marion. You have three things left that you can throw. If you throw any of the three glass pieces that will break, you will not be able to sit for a month. I have to think you knew not to throw anything that would be broken or I would take issue with it. I think you value your freedom of movement enough that you would risk having yourself locked up already. Come out from under the table, stand up. Unshutter that lamp. Step back and put your hands out where I can see them."

Robin stepped in and shut the door, smirking at the glowering girl with the wind whipped wild hair. Her cheeks were chapped and she had sun, her clothes disheveled. She should have looked ridiculous, but the look suited her completely. She was like an elemental fey thing.

"One would think you would prefer the cage below to a bit of freedom. Why act out in such a way when you know it will only go badly for you?"

"I will not just..."

"Stop! The nail on that post where I hang my coat. Drop it, now. You are a disagreeable little creature," he hissed, yanking up the nail off the floor. She kicked at him as he bent, like he knew she would, and he caught that tiny foot and lifted, landing her flat on her back on the floor. He dragged her kicking and screaming by her foot to the bed and yanked her up, tossing her into it. Even as much as she fought, as wild as she went, it took seconds for him to secure her wrists to the headboard and her ankles to the footboard.

"Don't!" She cried out, fearful for the first time. "Don't do this, please!"

Robin laughed as he got up, leaving her there on the far side of the bed, secured tightly. "You fear not being able to move, yet you don't balk at trying to get yourself put in a cage where movement would be minimal?" he asked, sitting at his table to eat.

"I will act better if you don't... if you don't..."

"I refuse to try and sleep unless you are in such a way that it would be impossible for you to try and end me," he said emphatically.

"You... don't mean to rape me?" she asked, both sounding relieved and offended at the same time.

"You are worth more whole," he shrugged. "And I have plenty who are more than willing to share my bed who won't try and chew my bits off."

"Then why...?"

"Would you prefer the metal of the cage?"

"Why are you doing all of this?"

"Gold. Of course. Why else?"

"You have gold, must you sell me too? I know what a slave brings, it is a pittance compared to what you took from my father!"

"Indeed, but I have to get rid of all of you somehow," he shrugged.

He saw her go still, realizing she wasn't going to be the only one.

"And maybe a single spoiled little slave would not bring too much, but twenty? Thirty? Forty innocent little flowers?There are many ports between here and the capitol and if this works at even just one more, my men and I are set for life. Two more and we will be kings. Three and nothing will ever be able to touch us again! If it works at every one? I will be the single richest man to ever live."

"Monster."

Robin shrugged again. "Say what you will, it's about time someone poked a hole on the nobility and deflated them a bit."

"They will come after you!"

"I already told you why they wouldn't. Besides, I will have the money to hire my own navy and army on my private island. I will be untouchable. I intend to commission a floating fortress, a movable place for pirates to find sanctuary and to trade and be safe from bloated nobles getting fat off another man's hard work."

"Stealing is NOT hard work!"

"An honest farmer tends his sheep, sheers them and sells the wool. He gets next to nothing because it's just wool, not yarn yet. It is packed and shipped and the spinners, the weavers, they buy it cheaply and make it into yarn and clothing or blankets or any number of things. They send it off, still making hardly a profit. It's shipped off again to be sold. Every time it is shipped or transported, a tax is paid, a port tax, a hundred other taxes. All that tax goes to a noble. A woolen shirt is sold for 2 gold. The sheep farmer saw less than 3 coppers of that and the weavers and spinners less than 5 coppers. The rest goes to the nobility who had NO hand in the process at all. So yes, they get fat off another's hard work. I didn't say it was mine. But when I put in at the fingers, I pay triple for the wool. In part for them to keep quiet, but more so that they get something for their work besides a pittance. When I put in at Huron, I pay a weaver directly to fit me and make my clothing, paying triple for craftsmanship and not walking into a shop in one of the main ports and buying a ready made woolen tunic that has been taxed. And you know what? Paying the farmer and the weaver more? It still costs less to buy it that way. The same with everything. I put in at Middlehold to have my sword made by one of the smiths, all of my men. My arrows, my bows, all hand made by Fenmarchmen themselves. They were paid directly for their works though, I did not put in at Asterly and buy from the Fenmarch merchant, who charges a ridiculous amount for the goods, an amount the makers never see. Men like your father? They are a boil on the ass of this world, making money off honest mens labor and acting as though they are better men for doing so. So no, Marion. I will not feel at all bad when I take you down south and pass you off to the slave traders. I won't even haggle for you, I will take their first offer and be glad to be rid of you."

Marion went quiet then and he could hear her soft sniffling. His stomach had soured and he was no longer hungry, so he got up and pulled his coat off, then his boots as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"You will be quiet and be still and not disturb my sleep tonight or I will put you in a cage and forget about you," he said coldly before laying down with his back to her.

She said nothing, not moving at all. He could still hear tiny sniffles, but they did not keep him from sleeping.

"Rob!" Little John roared, banging on his door in the morning.

"Hold!" Robin growled, sitting up.

He glanced back and Marion was still there, her red rimmed eyes watching him with an ethereal sadness.

He got up, stomping his boots on before opening the door. "What?"

"Port in sight, sir, do I put in?" Little John asked, looking back at Marion on the bed.

"Yeah, I will be up to put us in. John, go ask Will about a length of chain and two locks."

"How long?"

"Longer than me. Longer than you, but not my much. Be quick."

John left and Robin sat down to eat, looking Marion over.

"If I left you in here, could you behave? Not make a fuss? Or does it need to be the cage?"

"Tied to the bed this way?"

"I would chain you to that," he said, motioning to the post.

"I need the privy pot," she said, blushing.

"That is no answer."

"I would. Please? I need it... now."

Robin chuckled and untied her. She was being completely honest, but that didn't mean she wouldn't try and throw it at him once she was done. "Behave and I won't lock you in the cage when I put into port. You will have the comfort of my quarters and food, along with the chalks and papers. Do something stupid and you go to the cage and never come out until I sell you."

She said nothing at all as she quickly got up. He waited by the door, but never felt a change in her saying she was going to act out. She stayed small and quiet, pensive. She was coming up with some sort of plan, he was sure.

She said nothing at all when he put a chain around her neck and secured it, locking the other end to the post. She could move all through his cabin, but came short of the door. That was what he had wanted.

"Stay quiet," he told her as he left.

He wondered what her plan was.

This port was much easier than the last, Lord Dreyfuss was incredibly eager to marry his daughter off to become queen and his daughter was just as eager. She was a smiling, grasping, handsy thing with teeth like a horse. Robin had a hard time pretending he found her attractive enough to meet his standards, but he had known going in that the ladies were not going to be prizes.

He thought of Marion then. She was a prize, in her own way, even if she was completely wild and uncouth. She was at least lovely to look at. So long as you didn't look too closely at the stains and tangled hair.

His second day into the con, he found himself eager to get back to the ship and check on her. One of his men would have come and told him if something was wrong, but that wasn't really it. He was just anxious to check on her.

When he finally had the new noble girl on his ship and they were undocking, he hurried to check on her. She was standing at the window, watching the dock slip further away.

"Oh! Husband, who is this? You have a daughter?" Fawn giggled, sliding her hand along his chest as she caught up.

Marion turned and looked at him, looked at her.

"Why is she chained like that?" Fawn asked.

"Allan!" Robin called, taking Fawns arm gently. "Show Fawn to her quarters."

Allan led Fawn away, down below to the cages and Robin shut the door, still looking Marion over. Her hair was combed and neat, all of her was 'neat'. A word he did not associate with her at all.

"The next port is less than half a day's journey," he said lightly. "So I will ask you again. Will you behave here, or do you need to be moved?"

"I have behaved and I will continue to do so," she said softly, looking up at him with sad eyes.

"You are planning something, Marion," he admonished.

"I will be good. I will continue to be good, I would only ask a single thing of you."

"Your freedom?" he asked with a smirk.

"All of the girls that you take. Hold me ransom, keep me in check for their silence if you must, but release them. Put in at an island and let them go. Do not sell them as slaves, that is cruel and they have done nothing. Let them live free and happy lives, do not punish them for mistakes or misdeeds you perceive in others."

Robin was a little surprised. "And you offer yourself to hold for their behavior? If one tried to escape or to tell, or get home..."

"I would," she said quickly. "I know what awaits us as slaves. Death would be a better alternative, giving them a chance for more."

Robin smiled, moving to sit in his chair. He looked over the drawings on the table, most of the sea, some of the dock. "I will think on it," he said finally, then left her there. When he put into the next port, he sent Allan on a special mission as he left.

This port was different than others, less rich, but he refused to skip it, honing his skills. The tall and willowy Beth was homely, but she was quiet and polite and sweet. That night he dreamed of Marion with Fawn's insistent hands and Beth's manners. It made him anxious all over again to check on her.

He realized then that checking on her wasn't the right word. He wanted to see her. He thought about what she had asked of him. It wouldn't be hard for him to turn the girls all loose on whatever island he and his men claimed. Let them live their own lives, maybe even choosing one of his men to live out their days with.

If she managed to hold her temper long enough to keep her word.

Beth didn't follow him into the captain's quarters when he left her standing on deck, she stayed where she was as Robin hurried away as soon as they were shoving off.

Marion turned to him, looking pale and sad.

"Did you get the paints?" he asked, looking around.

"Yes, they are there," she answered, gesturing to an unopened box.

"You did not like them?"

"I could not paint... what you are doing to these girls... giving them hope and making them think they might find love..."

"Love," he sneered. "They don't care about love! They care about becoming queens! About how rich they will be!"

"Not Beth."

"You know Beth?" he asked curiously.

"Of course. She wanted a man who could love her, she is a romantic. She reads love stories. Her father might care about wealth, but Beth only cared about your lie about wanting a woman you could love, I promise you that."

"It doesn't matter. She is already below by now and talking to Fawn. She will know the truth of it. We have a day before the next port. Do you want to go above?"

"Why should I get to when they cannot?"

"You care so much about their fates?"

"I do. Let them have some freedom above, I will stay here."

"You are a curious creature, Marion. Sit down. Paint something for me."

"Is it a command? Would you consider letting at least Fawn up for a while? I have heard her crying some nights..."

"It is not a command. Once we are out to sea, I will bring them both up, if they can behave. It will be on them on whether I allow it again. Fair enough?"

She nodded slightly.

"Sit down and paint something for me."

"I have no... inspiration or will to paint."

He could see it then, after she said it. Her light had gone out. Not forever, he had not stamped it out completely, but for now... she was only sad and heartbroken.

For other girls.

He had not expected that.

He got up and stepped out, speaking quietly to Dale before going and taking over for Little John. He didn't want to be below with Marion just now, she was making his heart ache. When Dale brought Fawn and Beth on deck, he hoped Marion was watching. Noticing. Even if they only sat in the sun and Beth cried in Fawns arms.

He went back in that night, watching her warily. She was curled up on the bed and she sat up when he came in, quickly hopping off of the bed.

"If you are tired, lay down," he said softly, shrugging off his coat.

"I will sit over here," she said quickly, sitting as far as she could across the room.

"As much as I think you are sincere about all you have said, I still don't trust you to be awake while I sleep. Lay back down."

"Are you going to tie me again?"

"Yes. Do you blame me? Come on."

She moved to him, her shoulders dropping.

"Does it bother you to be tied?" he asked, securing her wrists quickly.

"I don't like not being able to move... but more so I do not like being so vulnerable."

"I see. Would it help to know that I do not rape women?"

"Words spoken from a pirate who steals women and money and probably does worse."

"Hah. Quiet now little one," he said softly, laying down with his back to her. He lay there thinking though, about what it might feel like to hold her. Touch her. Make her sigh for him. He grinned then. She was not the type to sigh, no, not her. When the day came that she were willing, she would be a hellion even then.

He turned over, facing her and he could see the shine of the moonlight on her open eyes as she stared at the ceiling. He eased closer and set a hand on her ribs, making her stiffen. He slid his hand across her, around her, pulling her in close to him. She quickly rolled, turning her back to him, but he didn't mind that so much as he held her against his chest.

He slept better than he had in weeks.

When Little John pounded on the door, yelling that port was in view, he stirred, then blinked. How late had he slept? She stirred as well, sighing as she hid her face under the blankets. She went stiff when he got up, pulling his arm from under her head and letting her go, then stayed very still as he got dressed, still facing the wall.

"You slept well," he said jovially.

"Why would you assume that?" she snapped, her temper showing in her voice.

"I would have woke if you had. I am a light sleeper. I would say you slept as well as I did."

She said nothing and he grinned as he stepped out. He spoke to Little John quietly. "Speed this up if we can. See if you can get the ransom sooner. I want to start moving as quickly as we are able."

"You feel like something is off?"

"No, I think we are being too careful and we don't need to be. Let's get through all of this more quickly."

"Do you want me to keep the girl in your cabin or put her with the others?"

"Leave her where she is for now. Are you still afraid of her?"

"Alan says she's a witch, bewitching you and others, making you act amiss."