Earthquake

Story Info
A man and a woman are trapped on a mountain road.
5.8k words
4.38
7.9k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Earthquake

It was just another weekday in Southern California. There was the usual morning commute to contemplate. John wondered why he continued to endure that day after day. He had moved to the suburbs to get away from the gangs, but the stress of fighting traffic left him exhausted when he got home. He really only had time for his family on the weekends and he knew that it was wreaking havoc on his marriage.

Lisa was lucky to have found the condo in the trendy area of Manhattan Beach. Once a run down area filled with cookie cutter post-World War II tract homes. It was now being rehabilitated into a very desirable neighborhood. Lisa was glad that she could work so close to home and not have to crawl along in traffic every day. It was bad enough for her to make the weekly sales calls which required her to travel the freeways.

John made it to the office early. The traffic had been surprisingly sparse. But he knew that the afternoon commute would be a different matter entirely. To make matters worse, they were forecasting record high temperatures. Just what he needed, short tempers too.

Lisa arrived at work to discover that one of her contacts had called. They had a need for some relays and wanted more information. Lisa hurriedly pulled together the needed literature and got through her email and voice mail messages, then headed out the door. She would be gone the rest of the day.

John was soon lost in the intricacies of a design problem. The impending trip home was forgotten for the time being. He was so engrossed that he had lost track of time. When he did glance at his watch, he saw that he had worked 30 minutes past quitting time. He thought, "Oh boy, now I will be in the worst of the traffic."

The meeting with the customer went well. Lisa was able to convince them to place a large order with her company. That would bring recognition from her boss and increase her chances for a promotion to sales manager. Frankly she needed to get ahead financially, her condo was costing her a fortune.

As John started onto the freeway he thought to himself "I have to get away, this job is driving me crazy." He had browsed through some slick brochures for a vacation in Cancun. The idea sounded great to him, but his wife was fearful of leaving the kids alone for so long. The kids, they were part of what he needed to escape from. He and Joan hadn't had much time to be intimate lately and it was taking a toll on their marriage. He hoped the trip to Cancun would be a chance to get it back on track.

Lisa began to head up the Sepulveda Pass on 101. This stretch of freeway was always congested no matter what time of day it was. Now with the temperature soaring over 100 degrees everyone's nerves were boiling over as well. Lisa turned up the radio and the sir conditioner. There was nothing she could do but wait it out.

She started to daydream about the trip she had taken to the Caribbean last year. It was a perfect week. She had met a lot of nice people and had stayed in touch with a few of them. She would like to go back again this fall. There was nothing like relaxing on the beach and just vegetating for a week.

John finally made it onto the 405 only to be stopped cold by the traffic jam. He gripped the steering wheel hard, his nerves fraying. This was the worst part of the day. Probably the CHP had pulled over someone and everyone was stopping to look. He never understood why people would slow down for that.

He fiddled with the radio. Record temperatures they said. He found out their was an accident that had blocked all lanes. He wish he had tuned in earlier so he could avoid it. But now all he could do was sit tight and wait it out.

It was dusk when traffic finally began to move. Lisa exited the freeway onto a side street so she could avoid the residual traffic. This put her on a winding road through the mountains. After sitting frustrated in traffic it was good to be on the open road and driving her sports car the way it was meant to be driven.

John, too decided to take the detour. He had a sedan that was several years old and the daily commute was taking its toll. He would have to start looking for another one next year. It there was one thing that was needed on the freeways was reliable transportation.

Suddenly the was a low rumble. The ground began to shake and Lisa had trouble keeping the car going straight. She managed to pull over to the side. She stopped in the canyon halfway between two rock cuts. She could see the rocks falling on the roadway. She was glad she hadn't stopped there. By the time the shaking stopped she was trapped between two large rock piles. She couldn't go anywhere.

John felt the tremor too. He was just past the narrowest point of the canyon after leaving the tunnel. He drove on, trying to avoid falling boulders. He knew he better not stop here. Finally he got to a clear spot and stopped. Just what he didn't need. Now he was trapped and no idea when he would get home.

Lisa got out of her car and looked around. The surrounding area was deserted and with the darkness coming on she couldn't see much. The street lights were out. She went back to her car to try calling on her cellular phone. But all she got was silence. It looked like she would have to stay put for the night where she was.

John began to climb carefully over the boulders seeking a way out. He didn't want to disturb them too much since they were pretty unstable. He managed to scramble to the top with some difficulty after about an hour.

From there he spotted Lisa on the other side. He called out to her. "Are you OK?" She waved back to him, "Yes I'm fine." John slowly picked his way down the other side and reached there after about 45 minutes worth of work.

Lisa greeted him with a smile. "I thought I was all alone here and the end of the world had come. What a way to spend an evening." John looked around and then observed, "It looks like we are the only two people around for a couple of miles." He put out his hand, "I'm John. Might as well introduce myself." Lisa took his hand in hers shaking it warmly. "I don't feel so all alone now."

John decided that it was getting too dark to do anything about trying to find a way out of they canyon. He looked around for a comfortable place to sit and to try and get some sleep. He looked at Lisa's sports car. That was too small for even her to try and sleep comfortably in. John saw next the road a small group of oak trees. "Do you have a piece of plastic or something in which I can gather the leaves in to make a bed," he asked Lisa. She thought for a second then opened her trunk and removed the canvas car cover. "I think this will work, but where will I sleep?" she asked. "This will be your bed. I will just scoop a place out of the dirt for me." John stated.

Lisa would have none of it. She couldn't bear the thought of him sleeping in the dirt. Although she had her pride and propriety, she was not cruel and inhuman. She had an idea. "I think the car cover is big enough to make a bed for both of us," she observed. "I think we are mature enough that we can sleep in the bed next to each other with our clothes on." John agreed and went back to gather more leaves.

Now Lisa faced another problem. She had been on the go all day and now she realized she needed to relieve her full bladder in the worst way. But there was no place where she could do that in privacy. Although she had been camping a few times when she was little, there were pit toilets. Now there was simply nothing but a steep drop-off, the piles of rock the steep cut along the road or the clump of trees.

She moved over to the trees as John was gathering the last of leaves. She moved behind one of them so that she was partially hidden. She saw John looking to see what she was doing. "Would you mind looking the other way for a second," she requested. Then she quickly pulled down her panties, lifted her dress, squatted and emptied her bladder. After she had finished and had moved back to the car John moved to the trees and relieved himself as well. "Power of suggestion," he announced.

When John returned Lisa was laying down on the makeshift bed. She complimented John, "you do good work." Now John lay down next to her, turning so his back was to her. Ordinarily John would cuddle his wife as they fell asleep, throwing his arm across her breasts. That was obviously out of the question now. Lisa similarly faced away from him.

They both slept fitfully during the lumpiness of the leaves made it uncomfortable. Toward morning John awoke and realized that Lisa's head was resting against his shoulder. She was fast asleep and snoring loudly, so he didn't waken her but instead lay quietly awaiting the sunrise.

When it got light enough to see he gently brushed his hand against Lisa's cheek to rouse her. According to his watch it was a little after 6 A.M. She moved slightly, turning over to face away from him. John got up and began to do some more exploring. He wanted to find the best way out of here.

John climbed up the other pile of boulders. It looked like the earthquake had done considerable damage. Possibly it was the "big one" that the scientists had warned of. He thought it would be rough going but he pressed on until he found a trail that ran down to the creek below.

He returned to the car just as Lisa was getting up. "I found a way down to the creek," he announced. "It will be a little tough in spots. Are you up for it?" Lisa shrugged, "what choice do I have?" With that she began to follow John over the boulders.

It took several hours of slow going. In spots it was difficult and he helped Lisa, holding her hand or steadying her on a precarious boulder. He had to admire her tenacity and strength. Not many women would have taken this kind of hardship like she did. How different from his wife, who he adored, but who would have complained and refused to endure the trek over the boulders.

Lisa, for her part, was impressed by how much a gentleman John was. In her experience with the singles scene she had had her share of men who had tried to take advantage of her. She had to fend off their clumsy attempts to grope her, or worse. Not John. He didn't once try to take advantage of her. In fact by any measure he was the perfect gentleman.

When they finally reached the creek they stopped along the bank to gather their breath. The day had already began to warm up and it felt nice to just sit in the shade of the cottonwood trees. "Why have you never married? You would make any man a great wife." John asked. "I have yet to find a man that things with." Lisa answered. "Don't get me wrong, I have had a couple of boyfriends. But they didn't work out."

"I think it will be safe here. I am going to go on ahead and scout out the trail." John announced. He set off downstream picking his way along the narrow bank. He looked so masculine as he grabbed onto the rocks and hauled his strong body over them. She especially liked his steel blue eyes and how they quietly searched her expression but also projected a keen sense of certainty about him.

Lisa waded into the creek to rinse off and to avoid the heat of the sun which was promising to send temperatures soaring again. Her long blonde hair flowed down over her shoulders like tiny rivulets of gold as she moved into the water. The sun caught her hair and caused it to glow, shining as bright as the glinting water.

John carefully moved downstream, at times having to wade through the creek to avoid big boulders. He thought about caught up in the rat race he was. For all the security it brought there was still one thing lacking. That was happiness. He felt that there was something still lacking. He wished he could identify it.

He envied Lisa, being single and having a full life ahead of her. For although she appeared to be advancing fast in her company, she didn't let her work become her existence.

Lisa felt refreshed by the cool water. She moved out to the center of the creek where the it was just deep enough so the water came up to her neck. She began to slide her hands over her body enjoying the effect of the slickness caused by the water. Her fingers traced along the contours of her breasts. She cupped them and loved the way they seemed to float free in the water, unencumbered by their own weight. She raised them and began to knead them with her fingers feeling the suppleness pressing between her spread fingers.

She felt a warmth begin to form between her legs. She spread them letting the cool water and the current play over the area. She moved her fingers downward, sliding over her firm stomach and around her navel, urged onward by the pleasure that was growing inside.

John was not finding any signs of life downstream so far. He knew that he should come to a town in about 2 or 3 miles. He saw that on the mountains above the canyon some houses had been destroyed by the earthquake and had slid part-way down the hill. The only sound he heard was a deathly still. He went another mile further down but had not reached the town yet. Maybe he would have had better luck upstream. So he decided to head back.

Lisa had found a flat rock that was beside the creek. A small breeze had begun to blow and it was offering some respite from the heat. So she moved up to the rock to lounge in the sun. She was still slightly aroused from the envigorating water. Her nipples jutted out from her dark silver dollar sized areolas and she felt a dampness between her legs. As she lay in the sun she began to lazily caress herself.

She moved her fingers along the edge of her outer lips which were slick with her wetness. She loved to tease herself and keep herself near the edge. Slowly she moved a finger along the side of her clit, pressing it with the tip of her finger. Then she began to circle it closer and closer to the tip, stopping now and then to let her excitement build even further.

John came around the last bend of the creek and brought the pool where Lisa was into view. She was situated so that she could not see his approach. John stopped dead in his tracks, mesmerized by her beauty and unable to take his eyes off of how she was pleasing herself. He felt his own excitement begin to grow as he watched.

Lisa heard a rustling sound and looked up to see John on the opposite bank. She felt embarrassed and tried to cover herself. She wondered how long he had been there. Finally she rolled over on her stomach.

John called to her telling about his bad luck at finding any help downstream. "I'll go on upstream and see if I am more successful there," John announced. He started to head away.

"Wait." Lisa called, surprised by her temerity. "You look like you could use some refreshment yourself. I'll go over in the shade and you can have this pool to yourself." She got up and moved behind one of the boulders out of John's sight.

John watched her go, trying to divert his eyes but attracted all the same to her. If only he wasn't married.....

Now he realized how much he needed the refreshment because his shirt was soaked with sweat from his exertions. He quickly shed his clothes and dove into the water. The coolness was instant relief from the oppressive heat. He swam for some minutes, but his mind was on Lisa and it was arousing him.

Lisa couldn't help herself, she found an opening between the boulders where she could observe John without his being aware. She watched as the water glistened on his firm muscles and how his thick black hair became unruly when it got wet. But the next thing really started her passion burning.

John started thinking about Lisa's perfect body and how aroused she was. His own excitement began to grow. His shaft began to rise from its resting place in the thick nest of black curls between his legs. It arched upward, the foreskin pulling back as it grew to full size. John reached down and touched the tip and it jerked a little.

Lisa, from her hiding place, gasped at the size of him. She had never seen an uncircumsized cock and she was fascinated. Her own hand returned to caress her still moist slit.

John rubbed the tip of his finger over the tip, sliding it underneath the foreskin and tugging on it. He could visualize Lisa's clit hard and stiff as his tongue teased and tapped at it. His fingers began to move further back on the shaft, pulling the foreskin up over the head and then all the way behind it. The soft skin tapered gently to the tip as he pulled it all the way up. The coronal ridge was formed into a shallow curve as he moved it.

Lisa started moving her fingers more vigorously as the sight of John began to heat her up. She slid a finger deep inside of her and curled the tip. The heat from her walls was searing her finger as she probed part-way in. She began to curl her fingertip in and out as if beckoning John to come give her the pleasure she needed.

John had wrapped his hand completely around the shaft and was pumping it hard, his fingers were pulling the skin hard as he got nearer and nearer to his climax. With his free hand he curled it around his balls feeling the wet hairs matted against the heavy sperm-filled balls. They were hanging down from the heat and he kneaded them gently between his fingers, pressing them gently between his fingers.

Lisa's spreading passion fire was not threatening to consume her. She could no longer trust her legs to hold her up, the pleasure was so strong. So she sat down on the boulder where she could continue to spy through the opening in the rocks. Her fingers had moved up to circle the tip of her clit. She pushed back the hood with a fingernail, Then she grazed the tip of her clit with her fingernail.

John was approaching the point of no return. His hand became a blur on his cock, stroking it harder and faster, then stopping to swirl the end of his fingers. He felt it throbbing in his hands, the bulging vein on the underside was pulsating . Suddenly he erupted, sending his seed shooting out from him and splashing into the water. His hips thrust with each spurt, sending out an arcing stream.

Lisa's orgasm was not far behind. All the excitement of her own pleasure and then watching John was too much for her. She increased the pressure on her clit, feeling its stiffness as she rolled it between her fingers. Her juices her dripping from her, soaking into the cool rock she was sitting on. She felt herself fall over the edge as waves of pleasure washed over her. Her cum lasted for some minutes and she felt deliciously revitalized.

When she re-emerged from behind the rocks she found John sitting along the bank waiting for her. He had put on his shorts, but otherwise remained undressed. Lisa was still unclothed. She felt no need now, after what had transpired. She sat down next to John.

They sat there for some moments, lost in thought, wanting the other to speak first. Finally, Lisa broke the silence. "I hope you don't take me as being some kind of slut, things had just built up to the breaking point and I had to take care of it."

"I don't think less of you," John said. "In fact I have a confession of my own to make. After you went back behind the rocks, I did something similar. If anything, I should be the one who acted out of line." Tom looked away, somewhat ashamed.

"Since this is confessional time, I better fess up too. I spied on you as you were touching yourself," Lisa admitted. John smiled at their shared secret. Then he gave Lisa a warm hug. The two of them looked at each other then simultaneously burst out laughing.

They talked for some time about the absurdity of the cultural taboos that had arisen about sex. Where double standards existed and where the beauty of a human act had been subverted and perverted. They decided that there was no need for false modesty while they were in the wilderness.

Their hunger had begun to catch up with them. Lisa had seen some berries up on the hill and she went off to gather them. John busied himself gathering wood for a fire and preparing a comfortable bed for the night. Soon the sun would be setting and he wanted to have everything done so they wouldn't have to stumble around in the dark.

12