All Comments on 'Eavesdropping'

by radk

Sort by:
  • 170 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Written well - sad story, but her cheating caused the majority of the issues.

And they both deserve the pain. Too bad the daughters had to grow up with a mentally ill, wimp father out there and a cheating slut mother.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Cheating whore

if she would have just shot herself in the head after she cheated he would have been ok.

She should have been the one on the street with nothing.

Ducky7Ducky7about 11 years ago
Agreed very sad and tragic story.

I have trouble with the comments about Phil's error. I don't see his error, I see a man that snapped and this is the results of that. Pain of anykind can creat great trama. It would have been interesting to have some comments from the other 6 sluts at the party. Good story though.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 11 years ago
very stark and dark

I was hoping for a better resolution... ah well...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Interesting...

A very unusual and interesting take on the 'cheating wife' story, but it left too much unresolved, in fact it resolved nothing at all and became almost a repetitive non-story. Still, much kudos for the idea and certainly worth another attempt???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
erotic couplings

so what do we get out of this story ? nicely written, good style, but then a lot of questions?

where does the author shoot his load ?

when he describes 7 women and all of them open their legs on various occasions but still want to be loved and have children and a happy life ?

or when he destroys the life of at least 4 people, husband, wife and two children ?

or does he have an ongoing orgasm telling us how the guy never comes out of his nervous breakdown , year one, ten, 30 ......and even forgets his own name ?

That's enough to make one puke! why in hell are you writing here ?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Dreary, depressing

Husband grossly overreacts to wife's infidelity, misses what could be the best part of his life. Hopeless story written for what purpose?

C_frommnC_frommnabout 11 years ago
Depressing

But insiteful too those who think their actions have No Impact on those around them.

Too bad Cheryl could'nt have thought about how her actions would hurt those she claimed too love.

DMarshalDMarshalabout 11 years ago
What?

Not to sound like a critic here but, what was the point to this story? No I'm not being sarcastic, I really don't get the purpose/ moral of the story. She cheated, he went crazy? He was schizophrenic? He had alzheimer's? What?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
wow

man that just rips your soul out. one massive screwup and at least 2 lives are destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
How many?

If she loved him that much she would have been prepared the first time and come with help. Have him committed. Get him the help he needed. Sad story. Wasted lives.

Should be a rule in Literotica not to write and submit such depressing stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
deja vu

Sad story, but there's no bitch that loyal. Women only think of themselves and what their twat wants.

renfrew_elitrenfrew_elitabout 11 years ago
Powerful

Wow, what a great story! I'm moved beyond words!

Hands0nmanHands0nmanabout 11 years ago
Wow

That was gut wrenching.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good start

The first part of the story was good, up until the first time the husband blacks out. I didn't find the rest to be believeable, or interesting.

phd70phd70about 11 years ago
Depressing -- A waste of time: 'Life is shit and then you die'.

Terrible story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
did she actually ever love him?

did his wife actually love him or did she just stay and help him out of guilt, please do her side of the story, as it's a little confusing and why did she cheat on him in the first place, if she loved him that much?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Paradox

It continues to be a paradox for me that the ones we love the most are the ones we are most likely to destroy. Thanks for a great, if difficult to read, story.

Yuri5Yuri5about 11 years ago
hmm

kinda depressing

but it makes me think the story is a way of showing how futile running away is. you have to accept the pain and move on, not run and let your life be ruined. he could have divorced his wife, grieved for a few years and had the opportunity to meet another woman. i don't think the story is meant to be taken literally or it could be a small deliberately quirky story meant to hit at the soul, because no woman is that loyal in real life, as said before - and neither would that happen to any man, really.

fiddler2068fiddler2068about 11 years ago
Unfortunately True

I would call this story BS, except that I saw something like this happen. My dentist's wife left him and he completely fell apart. He went from a vibrant man with a sense of humor to a broken shell in a wheelchair a year later. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fantastic Story!

Can't believe I missed it before now (I blame the category :-) ).

Would love to see a follow up from Cheryl's perspective filling in the details...why the affair, did she talk to Beth again, what she did to find him, what did her girls think. Good stuff!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Amazing! So heart wrenching. I could feel this guys pain. A brilliant storyline and wonderfully descriptive. A true pleasure to read. I am absolutely heartbroken for the guy, but also for the wife. While she was the cause of their demise, she certainly paid a price and proved her deep, abiding love for her husband. Unfortunately, he was never sane enough to realize that. That is truly sad. Five stars.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
One more thought ...

It is unfortunate that the hubby failed to pick up on a crucial aspect of what he overheard. Yes, there is the sudden shock of finding out your wife had an affair, but he gets the one thing that is so elusive in every other cheating wife tale - an authentic declaration of love. Every cheated on husband laments the fact that he can never trust his wife again or her claims that she will from this point forth be faithful. How do I know she isn't just saying what she wants me to hear, what she thinks is necessary to stop me from leaving? Some authors resort to lie detectors, postnuptial agreements, and a variety of other silly devices. His wife had no idea that hubby was listening. She was among friends, loaded, high, guard down . . . And what was her reaction to her friends revelation of her affair? Pain. Anguish. Anger at herself. It was immediately evident to me that although she had made a horrible mistake, she had left it in the past and recommitted herself to her hubby. The way you wrote it was brilliant, because you could feel the sincerity in her reaction. It is a shame he failed to pick up on her authentic confession of love - A confession that carried her over fifty years.

This story kept me up all night - couldn't get this story out of my mind.

searching0240searching0240almost 11 years ago
Thought Provoking

No real resolution, much like real life. The story was heart breaking. (quiet desperation, and all that)

The consequences of Cheryl's actions were dramatic and obvious. Unfortunately for her, she had a conscience. So she shared the misery.

For most of us, the consequences of our actions are less dramatic. And we are taught that a conscience is a liability. So we seldom take responsibility for the large and small ways that we make the world around us, a meaner and harder place. We just expect others to "toughen up". (i.e get more callous)

Robert

kakashi524kakashi524almost 11 years ago
WOW

5... Excellent story. Very original in my opinion, great work.

- I agree about the truthfulness of her confession since she didn't know Phil was eavesdropping. How his life would have changed had he caught up on that, I know I didn't until it was mentioned in the comments.

- What I didn't quite like was how both Cheryl, most of her friends and a few posters kept referring to her affair as 'a mistake'. She was fucking for a week! Not at all a small thing, but a HUGE one.

Anyways, I felt for the guy for losing his life. 53 years, god. I hope his daughters gave her hell for what she caused.

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 10 years ago
Very touching....

I think that this is the best best story I've read on Literotica..... so far. No happy ending but then life is not always like that..... I do know someone with a similar history.... they didn't make it either.

Well done radk.... well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
That was a very good story, a true story too........I'm Glad you wrote it so well.......5

A very sad life but , still you needed a bit more meat or less of it to have made this a truely great story....

It was a little latter in life but, I did find my way too, to. My friend Richard (Dick) lol, he was robbed several times, kidnapped, tied (gaged lightly) to a tree spread eagle to some trees in a quiet lonely part of a Natilonal Michigan Forest near an old cement factory. And I slowly burned Dick's dick (lol again) and balls off his body. He almost lasted a week, I tried but Satan my new friend was eager. They knew it might be me but I was crazy and they didn't even try to implicate me. I got several million from him and his family and did some overseas money BS that gives my (DNA proven) kids and grandkids the money upon my death. My E&J is still my poison of choice. I've told this story so many times, Literoctica I'm famous now. LOL

Phill...................................................................sorry but that is not my real name but Dick was Dick, lol

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Not Your Usual Story

I don't really like the story. It is exceptionally well done and completely different from almost everything else on Literotica. 5*

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
Well written story, but...

Husband is a wimp. He should have divorced the bitch, stayed in his kids' lives, and upgraded. Been there, done that.

gtay101gtay101over 10 years ago

a true and believable story about betrayal and the devastating things it can do

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
SOME PEOPLE JUST CANNOT HANDLE

mental pain and anguish without going over board, TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
I like the story - a lot

I do not like what happened to a man who could not hold himself together in a crisis - who allowed his image of his world to crash and take all that he was with him -

Scary to think of since we all have a world image and we all hold on to it very tightly - I had mine crash a few times in my ;life - so far I did not crash so completely with it -

I hope it stays that way -

pumpop201pumpop201over 10 years ago
A beautiful story

Thank you for a beautiful love story. Cheryl may have caused her husband's mental illness but she stuck with him throughout their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
sticking story

what a waste all due to some lust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
bs

don,t like the back and forth type when they found him why didn,t you go with it and not jump all over

7486

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
BOOORIIIIINNNNGGGG

A cure for insomnia. Not sexy, not sexual -- just drama. sniff sniff

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Fucking bitch!

Four lives wasted.

The kids lost their father and her husband lost his mind.

Was the sex worth it?

Fucking bitch!

BfreetorunBfreetorunabout 10 years ago
A dark, sad story.

Too bad about his mental illness. Good for Cheryl for staying with him (or his memory) all the time after he blanked out the first time, it must have been hard. And for her to know that it was all her fault for a week of sex with another man. She must have felt guilty all her life and she also caused her children to suffer greatly. What a good deal in exchange for some stray dick. She deserved everything she got, her poor husband paid dearly for eavesdropping. Good story even though it was sad. A lot of lessons to be learned (maybe I am changing from pervert to philosopher).

brujaybrujayabout 10 years ago
Oh so dark........

Her lapse of judgement push his poor soul over the edge.

Wow, this tale is so dark....... so very dark.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Bull Shit

Nobody cracks up that bad over a cheating wife. Maybe for a year, but not for half a century.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 10 years ago
One more time through

I find myself reading this every so often. Brilliantly written. Of course, the beginning raises the question of whether it is better not to know? Certainly, had he never eavesdropped he would have never gone mental and lost his life. Probably would have been happy and had a great marriage - it is clear from her confession that she was horrified by her own behavior and committed to never doing it again. A fact backed up by her never divorcing hubby. Even so, there is just something intuitive that will not let us accept that possibility. It would be a grave injustice for him not to know, regardless of the quality of his life.

Concritic123Concritic123over 9 years ago
Damn....

She snapped him like a dry twig. Good story.....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
well

Someone posted no one cracks up that long over something like this?

Trust me, it can happen. Think Pain, burning never ending mental pain, it overwhelms your life and little is left after a while. trust me I know.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
TRAUMAS AND HEAD TRIPS

some people just cant handle either. TK U MLJ LV NV

MisterBillBillyMisterBillBillyover 9 years ago
That was amazing......great write....

Umm things like this happen alot, it is called Compartmentalized, this is a worst case scenario. When something bad happens and it can't be fixed or it is hard to get around, it is put in a box in the mind and forgoten hopefully. For instance war veterans who do things we/they would not want anyone to know about. What I would like to see is Cheryls' side of this story.....

bill.....55555sssss come on F T D Story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Point of view?

will you ever make a point of view from a friend, one of the daughters, or the wife? So much is left blank, and I for one would love to see it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Unbelievable!

Seriously!

NavySeal2020NavySeal2020over 9 years ago
This can be true women do this to men all the time!

I was this Man for ten years

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a waste

Like other commenters mentioned...he heard her regret and pain. He was so mentally weak he had to destroy his world, his girls, a wife who loved him dearly. Just because he was a weakling and wasn't capable of forgiving or empathy for anyone.

None of us are perfect and "YES" both men and women cheat even though they love their spouses!

shadowdustershadowdusterover 9 years ago
Such a sad tale

The one thing I do not understand is how he kept getting away. I understand he would foret who he was but how did he keep getting away.

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 9 years ago
it can happen and to strong men as well

The man had a full mental break with reality. It can happen when someone gets a severe shock. Finding out the one person he loved more than anything else broke his trust in such a manner can do it. The first memory loss gives it away. That said I would have wanted to see what went on over the years from cheryls point of view as well as beth and the rest of those bitches who had to open their mouths. Just my POV.

Yuri5Yuri5about 9 years ago
read this again...

still kinda depressed reading it. just a few more observations i had:

a) going completely mental does happen a lot, though not necessarily to the extremes the author showed. Some people are mentally ill and voluntarily homeless, you will find a few of that sort in big cities.

b) there's no way a woman would have stayed after a guy, especially one intent on being homeless and lost to the world, that long. Honestly. Come on. The woman would have felt upset, then eventually felt pissed off at the guy and then found a better guy. She'll probably feel guilty still but she'll be more accepting of herself.

c) there's no way someone homeless could live that long. Life expectancy goes way down, you're not gonna be getting enough nutrition and cold winters will slowly kill you. It is very questionable that someone can be mental for 5 decades and somehow still be alive.

d) there's not enough to indicate previous mental illness which really makes this story a lot less believable. sorry, radk, I like most of your stories but this one... it tugs too many feelings and I want to deny this can happen ha. Probably if you fill in the gaps and show the other side of the story, it would be better.

Kerry312Kerry312about 9 years ago
anoum1/17/15

"YES" both men and women cheat even though they love their spouses! yes if you a a no good fucking douch bag piece of fucking scum

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
Tragic, and perfectly disjointed

Accurately portraying the fog alcoholics can find themselves in, with only fragments of memories and little or no sense of the passage of time.

There are a lot of comments blaming everything on Phil. One even said he "lacked empathy". That's idiotic! No one can ever know how they will react to a devastating betrayal. Emotional trauma is the most unpredictable of pain. Phil vehemently believed that his wife loved him, and would NEVER betray him. Not only was his entire belief system instantly shattered, he learned ALL the gory details of it, all at once, giving his mind absolutely no chance to prepare him for the shock, and the one person he would normally have as a support system, was the one that hurt him! He simply shut down. He is no more responsible for anything after that moment than a person with brain damage can be held accountable for their actions! Everything after Cheryl's drunken boast, (and she WAS boasting to her friends, otherwise she would have lied or not answered the question) is ALL on her!

This wasn't a drunken mistake, it was a pre-planned and intentional betrayal, designed to coincide with her husband's absence. How many wives simply fall into a coworker's bed, at a romantic getaway for an entire week, on the spur of the moment, without some prior intimacy between them? It was more likely an ongoing affair. All of those thoughts would have flashed through Phil's mind in the instant of discovery, heaping more emotional trauma upon him. He never had a chance!

There is only one person responsible for everything that happened to Phil, and that is Cheryl.

I do wonder what lie she fed to her children, to explain their father's breakdown, because she certainly doesn't seem the type to tell them the truth!

krosis666krosis666about 9 years ago
Also

Someone also said that he deprived their kids of their father. No, he didn't. Cheryl's affair caused his breakdown. And everytime he appeared lucid enough to start taking the steps necessary to get his life back on track, Cheryl reappeared to try to force him to come with her, reminding him of his pain, and ensuring the open wound in his mind and heart never healed. Cheryl's selfishness caused their kids to lose their father, and her selfish refusal to let him go, her refusal to allow him to heal, is what ultimately cost the girls the love of their father.

gara5289gara5289about 9 years ago

Felt a little too disjointed. Would've liked a scene from Cheryl interspersed with his memories.

PearDrop3PearDrop3almost 9 years ago
This is the second time I've read this story.

I couldn't help laughing at this one sentence: "I have a permit to carry it in my wallet if you want to see it."

I immediately thought that it must be a small handgun..

It's a good story though, and I gave it 5* the first time around. But unfortunately couldn't do it again. Keep up the writing.

computermadcomputermadalmost 9 years ago
So close

I came so close to that 5 years ago. Thank god for my friends. This story made me promise myself again that I would never let another persons actions drive me to such despair again. A great story but very disturbing at the same time.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
loved the story

I understand it, and appreciate the content. even in the beginning of the story, the reader understood the commitment he felt for his wife, at the same time, so did the wife, and the responsibility brought by it. this story could have embellished the wife's feeling and thought process a little better, if only in passing. she knew she destroyed him, but there was no story there, and there should have been. thanks for the story, could be a movie, hell, maybe it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Not bad

I didn't lose my mind or memory, when I found out the same basic thing, although not in the same exact manner, I just walked away. That was 15 years ago and the last I knew, I'm still married but the whore lives with the guy she was cheating on me with. I drive through town about once a year just to laugh at the fat whore with genital warts and a few other diseases that keep her from fucking anyone else!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
heartbreaking

Which is why I prefer BTB stories, gives me a feel of justice served. But 5* for your work here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
brilliant

A tragedy, a brilliant tragedy. BTB for 53 years! Brillent! Of course he died 53 years earlier. He just kept walking. Brillent, but I don't like tragedies. That's why I read fiction. I may skip to another author for a while.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
A Lovely Story.

Very sad - five stars.

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
such a story ....

truly makes you believe in the DEVIL.... His madness was his wife's torture, her own personal little hell on earth.

Oh yes my dear, he was mad but cheryl burnt with guilt & shame for 53+ years,eternally seeking redemption only every time she found her loving husband, only madness took over..... ha ha ha

the fates were just.... no worse from of punishment could truly exist, she will forever know that she destroyed her husband yet he can no longer bother about her,,, never has vengeance been so sweet.

TornadoTysTornadoTysover 8 years ago
Sad Tale

I can see why women want the current man in their life not know about their sexual past. As some men will never get past the partners past !

A good sad story and quite right the wife should suffer some hurt for her sins.

The story did not mention what she sid for husband after yhe affair to make up her infidelity ! ?

computermadcomputermadover 8 years ago
So Stupid

A good story but so sad. People can be so stupid doing stuff without thinking of the bigger picture. 4 lives directly ruined by this idiotic act not including all the other relatives and friends. For example imagine this :- You get angry and hit someone. 99 times out of a hundred the person you hit walks away with a bruised face. That 1/100th time you hit someone, they fall over, crack open their head and die. Just the luck of the draw that starts an avalanche of hurt and pain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
a tragic

The husband lost his mind just hearing his wife infidelity 5☆

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Truly The Saddest Cheating Story I've Ever Read

This is why cheaters should be dealt with more severely by our divorce courts. To hell with a 50/50 split of assets and the cheating mother being awarded the children. If the wife cheats, she not only cheated on her husband, but she deprived her children of their daddy. That is like someone breaking into your home, getting caught and the courts awarding the thief 50% of your total assets. A cheating wife is entitled to nothing more than the husband is willing to grant her. Phil did absolutely nothing to warrant Cheryl's destruction of his life as if it had no value whatsoever.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Your best and one of my most favorite. I might actually say the number one overall I've read on this site. Five stars. Still love it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
tremendously unhappy story

It's too bad because you are a talented writer. In addition it would have better if you had made it apparent the man was suffering from PTS other than losing his mind over his wife having an affair.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Been there

Wow this is my uncle Johns life, he met aunt gracie at12 years old they were toghter till there 34 th birthday .he came home she was in bed with her boss . He grab a gun off the wall and shot 5 rounds through him one hit Gracie in the shoulder one in her stomach . The 6th round he shot himself in the temple . He spent the next 26 years as a veg able in the mental ward. She was at his side every night after work. When he died she drank poison and died the next day. Mom said that was the only time she had cheated Gracie told her she just want to see what it was like with someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What is with these weak men?

One piece of bad news and their brains fall apart? Then they pull a runner? How on Earth could someone this weak and insipid survive childhood? I just don't understand how writers here on Literotica can imagine that these fragile men could ever exist. Totally unrealistic character. Seriously, ordinary people survive horrible experiences. Concentration camps, wars, assaults, all sorts of tragic events, and people overcome the trauma. This guys' wife cheats on him once and he completely disintegrates? Screw him.

Loser.

1*, because I can't give fewer.

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
probably the saddest story I have read on here

Very moving.... so very sad. Such a waste of life.

It was her secret to keep. It was up to her to ensure her husband never had reason to doubt her fidelity and to be the best wife he could ever wish for, always.

But playing a party game, she had to be truthful to her friends when a lie would have served her better.

She found it easier keeping the truth from her husband !!!

Alcohol .... loosens the tongue and lowers inhibitions.

Now her friends all knowing her secret would soon be more as women do love a juicy gossip ...

Poor fella.

I can see how a person could be devastated by such news ..... but for a lifetime ?

Well, thats in this story, and it made a good read.

4*

Kitist02Kitist02almost 8 years ago
Heavy duty work, here.

It takes real skill to depict the poor sorrowful S.O.B. and his cheating whore of a spouse so vividly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very great story of a very sad tale.

5 stars . Thank you for this sad tale

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad indeed, HOWEVER

Yes she was faithful after he left. They both had lives ruined.

My problem with her. Her ''moment of weakness'' comment. She attempts to minimize her betrayal. Not only did she spend entire week with lover, presumably she abandoned children that week, but for the getaway to have happened took planning. She and her lover obviously had quite a relationship prior to that week. One can assume that weeks of flirting, lunches, kisses, inappropriate touching, deception preceded the week of sex for what appears to be no reason other than to get some on the side

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
PTSD is NOT his fault

I believe the author is attempting to show a man suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Specifically, I think it's some sort of Dissociative Fugue state.

This husband would have bet anything that his wife had always been faithful. To hear otherwise, from her lips and in the manner in which he did, was traumatic enough for his mind to do something, anything, to protect him from the pain. He didn't abandon his family or run off because he was pissed - he simply wandered off without knowing where he was headed, who he was leaving behind, or why he needed to go. We see when he drifts in and out of awareness, that he has little or no memory of what happened, who he is, or his current location. Foggy at best, his memory seems to get worse each time.

As far as the wife goes, I feel for her. Yes, she cheated. She caused the pain that triggered the PTSD in her husband. She blames herself - as she should - for all the bad things that are happening now. Tracking him all over the county, the cost of her betrayal was her life - because she's spent her life trying to find and fix her husband, trying to make things right. She obviously loves him a great deal to spend her life pursuing someone who can't remember her. It's an extremely sad story.

Some sins we never stop paying for.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
wow

so very very sad.

A very clear tale of how betrayal can destroy someone.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
First Read

Wow. A sad tale. Is it possible? Yes I think it is. The streets are littered with damaged souls for one reason or the other. Some are just family throwaways. Others choose their path. In this case a traumatic event triggered his response. Is it PTSD as others mentioned? Maybe. I'm no psychologist. History is littered with murder suicides over just this type of event. Betrayal of any form is trauma enough. Some handle it better then others.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
THIS STORY WAS ......

...haunting. He retreated into his mind...but her punishment for nearly five decades was to watch it happen. Fantastic story. .

WvrjjrWvrjjrabout 7 years ago
Wow. Fantastic change of pace

I really want to know more. Haunting. Incredible. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
I liked the story

But the only problem with it was she did the crime and he did the time. A week of adultrious fucking and she's sorry. A true slut.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Was really good, but also depressing

Really sad story. I wish there was sequel that explained more. People always love to write a sequel on the cheating wife's POV and I usually hate that because there isn't any need for it, but this story really could use that. The pain she feels, how she tracks him down and what he does that gets him away from them. How their daughters feel. Good story, but it could've been so much more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
TOO SAD

Not the kind of story I want to read on Literotica.

Also not make sense. Why choose wandering and eating from dumpsters? I suppose the idea/plot is that he's nuts. But if he's that nuts, with a mind in that much of a fog, how does he know -- or if he does why would he care -- that it's his wife offering food., warmth and shelter?

I just don't like it. I don't go to literotica to read a brooding, depressing story. Too much of that in real life.

Paul in Oklahoma

RePhilRePhilover 6 years ago
Too depressing.

Well written but not my type of story. There is enough grief and sadness in this world, i don’t need you depression hoisted on myself. Sorry I wrote this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Jesus

Now I just kind of want to kill myself.

, Got to remember to jump to the comments before I read. I've got enough problems without this stuff

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
wow

that's a different way to tell a story. depressing but powerful. nice work 5

bayernpeter1bayernpeter1over 6 years ago
Horrible!!!

Thats what a slut can do to a brave man!!!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 6 years ago
Perfect.

What a strong story!

Beautifully crafted and vividly

descriptive characters and

circumstances.

Black as hell, but one of

the absolutely best I've read here.

Top ratings from me .... and then some!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Reason not to read radk

I could maybe see a tragedy story if it were somewhat close to reality. (Even then I would not want to read it on Literotica -- just me; not what I go to Literotica for).

This is so far removed from reality. One comment touts a dentist's wife leaving, putting him in a wheelchair within a year. This is not parallel at all. Cheryl did not leave or reject him. He heard the bad news in a way that she still WANTED to be with him and her subsequent actions showed her love.

Another comment simply says it threw him for 10 years. But what? A one week blunder? Or again a wife who left? 10 years, not 53.

Another comment relates how an uncle shot and killed the lover, wounded his wife, and with one shot turned himself into a vegetable over a one-time infidelity. Again, not close to parallel. Uncle did not go mental; instead took violent action. Did not hear about it from a sobbing, remorseful wife but viewed the actual shocker. Was a vegetable, not a roving loony. And not because mentally haywire, but by physical injury.

Wish I had not stumbled on this black hole of a story again. It has no redeeming value.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A deeply haunting story...

Hmm. So many facets to this story, truly a work of art. As a reader, I eventually forgive the wife and admire her relentless search for her husband. She paid for her betrayal with a Life Sentence of trying find and fix her husband. Such a sad tale, but so very well written. Thanks for posting, RadK. 5 stars, of course.

ranec1ranec1over 5 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
NICE.

POWERFUL VERY SAD STORY,5⭐️, I’m off to slash my wrist now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
PEEEEUUUUUKEEEEE!!!!!!

Nothing manly, sad, haunting or anything else like that. The guys/was a pussy! Rage should have been the emotion when he heard what he heard. Should have taken his loaded gun up to where the girls were, fired 3 shots into the ceiling and, through gritted teeth, told all the girls to get out an never set foot in his house again warning them if he EVER saw any of them EVER again, he would kill them on sight. Then turned to his wife and told her she has 30 minutes to pack your shit and be gone or be dead!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Anonymous 9/7/18, you're an ass

Are you the final say about how different people react to every situation? Some people react with anger, some with accepting what happened and move on, some withdraw from the situation. He withdrew with a vengeance and without control. You need to not assume how everyone should react to any given situation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I Am Living His Life

Married for 22 years. I went to prison for two years. When I got out my wife moved her first husband into her home. We separated. We did not get divorced. I left and have been on my own for the past 10 years. She is dying and I don't have very many years left in me. Her first husband didn't hang around after I left. I don't guess either of us have anything to live for.

YouamiYouamiover 5 years ago
A great noir story!

radk

I really got into the story. His eavesdropping bad news told by his wife was a forgone plot feature. But what set your take on this plot direction was how the knowledge devasted the poor hubby and sent his mind into the Twilight Zone. Some stories are not meant to have happy endings, and this one qualified. As a reader I couldn't help having a great deal of empathy for a guy whose wife just felt like a little strange cock. Conversely, I felt pretty disgusted about his wife's past action. Her continued attempts to find her errant homeless and emotional shattered husband seemed more directed at easing her own guilt. Definitely one of the saddest LW noir tales that I have read...and I felt you did a great job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Eavesdropping

That was kind of sadder than the title.

He kept it together to get out and then crashed for good.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous