All Comments on 'Ed & Andrew'

by the Troubador

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
englander1961englander1961over 19 years ago
Great but -

The Troubador tells a well thought out story - ingenious, written in an easy style. I liked the twists and turns and the finale. I would give it 100% but I find a woman's immediate and orgasmic response to brutal, terrifying rape, too much to accept, and for me it spoils the talent that The Troubadour undoubtedly has.

But having said that, excellent stuff! Thank you.

Susan England

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
GREAT WRITING!

The writing was excellent! And the action intense! But I didn't beleive a frail woman like that would be orgasmic to a brutal rape with her husband watching! She would just be enduring it only.

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
way to much formula writing

You can do much better! A therapist but no STD or AIDS testing, poorly done there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
What is it with guys thinking women orgasm in rape

Rape is violent it is a violation of your very body, it hurts it's not fun, no I don't believe a women will orgasm from rape not without some serious long term conditioning and even then that's a maybe.

Come on people at least try to be believable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
That worked out well

So then all women need to expand their talents and to get more out of lief, is to be raped by a sociopath? Once word of this gets out sociopathic rapists will really be in demand.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UNIQUE?

To me, this is something different in rape stories -- although it is an area where I am not knowledgeable, since I do not normally read Nonconsent/Reluctance stories; however, I gave in to read this one because the Troubador wrote it. My impression is that rapists force the woman to do things they do not like and that are painful without caring if she likes it but preferring her to be repulsed. Whether she has orgasms is not even on his radar. In contrast to that, Sean sets out to give pleasure to his victim, with the goal of her having orgasms. He wants them to be aroused with sex feelings that are new to them. And Sean wants them stimulated to heights of sexual bliss that is beyond what they have ever known. What he is doing would be making gentle love, as opposed to hardcore fucking, if it were not for his heinous intent. He wants to mess with their minds to the extent that they are no longer capable of normal sex.

In other words, he confuses to the point of discombobulation.

Torture of husband. Other rapists -- the ones who want a husband/partner to watch -- get sadistic enjoyment out of watching a husband forced to view his wife crying in pain and being forced into degrading acts. Sean is unique. He forces the husband to watch while another man gives his wife sexual arousal and orgasms, while the husband can do nothing. Sean gives pleasure in ways she has never before known and to heights never before experienced with her husband, thus making the husband look inferior and inept. Thus, he not only messes with the woman's mind, but also her partner's mind.

So, I think the commenters before me have missed the unique gist of the story. The first two refer to Sean being brutal and the fourth to his violence, inflicting pain. This is precisely the opposite of Sean's MO (until we come to the exception of the painful anal sex at the end). Sean's MO is to torture women with pleasure. Except for the painful anal, which it seems to me, the author may have introduced to make it more justifiably necessary for Andrew to violently retaliate (not that more justification was needed). It would have been more in keeping with the plot and Sean's MO for the author to have Sean demonstrating how anal is pleasurable. Maybe that was Sean's intent, but he was interrupted before he gets there. Or maybe his nefariousness changed from using pleasure to using pain. The author does not develop that part, so we cannot know.

The fifth commenter (just before me) senses the point of the story as shown by his title, "that worked out well," and his comment that it "expanded their talents." This shows that he got the point that the previous commenters missed. But this commenter then goes off track by suggesting that this good outcome could mean that women need to be raped and that rapists would be in demand. One of my brothers lost most of a hand to a machine at work, leaving him with a stub. He told me that before, he would not have wanted that tape of his life to play out, but now that it had, he would not wish it different, because of the good he had gained from it. People go through tragedies -- a child's sickness or handicap, business failure, etc -- and afterward recognize that the hardship made them better. This is the spirit of Wife Gets Caught, the excellent reconciliation story by the Troubador, in which the wife's cheating turned out for the good of their marriage (unfortunately, the commenters seem to have mostly missed the point). (Compare Garth Brooks' song Thank God for Unanswered Prayer.) My brother did not wish his tragedy on himself and does not wish a like tragedy on himself or on others. Ed and Andrew did not wish for their tragedy nor recommend it to others. They simply recognize that they are better for it -- their sex life expanded and they were brought closer. The rapist's plan to confuse and discombobulate them was turned on its head.

Paul in Oklahoma

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The evening before Ed and Andrew's trial began, Mr. Sebastian escaped...

What trial? Ed and Andrew were on trial? Confusing to say the least. Readers don't automatically survey their definitions of trial before setting on the one the author seems to have implied. Two stars off for misdirection. Otherwise ok.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
ed

its strange how ed was a cellist at the beginning of the story and a pianist at the end

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 3 years ago

It's weird. On one hand the descriptive techniques employed in her seduction were mesmerizing; perhaps even slightly hypnotic. And yet at the same time, I am appalled by the rape and the ridiculous pleasure claimed by such a vile act. Just like Edwina. Bravo! Absolutely fucking brilliant.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

It was suggested that I read this story because despite the subject matter involved (which I rarely read willingly) they wanted my honest opinion about the end comments about passion, dominance and women.

The notion that all women like it rough, that dominant sex is required to unleash voracious uninhibited female sexual desire is a major reason why women are not believed when it comes to rape let alone prosecute the men who perpetuate. Women have always been viewed as needing to be controlled less our base instincts take over and we seek carnal pleasure at the expense of all else. Funny how the focus is always on female behavior while ignoring that men are 50% of the equation. Men have always viewed themselves as the superior gender, natural leaders, better equipped for careers, more knowledgeable in hard science, math and more creative . And yet what is the excuse when questioned on all matters of sex, consensual or otherwise, it was "her fault. I couldn't resist" lies and more lies just like the notion that all women need domination and ultimately enjoy rough sex..

Why? Because society had always and continually equated sex with violence. The evidence that this notion persists is found in all forms of modern entertainment; literature, movies, television and music. Listen to any hip hop Spotify list, radio station etc. Sexual domination of women is also used in marketing and commercialization of product. Go look at any number of Dolce Gabbana advertisement photography. They have made millions through ads displaying thinly veiled rape imagery. This isnt just a male problem or belief. Though it's deeply misogynistic to believe all women are ultimately driven sexually by a desire to be dominated, the romance novel industry has made a fortune selling this idea.

Look at this site alone. This category has more stories than all others besides Erotic Couplings, Incest and Loving Wives. Even in those categories we will find themes if sexual violence as an arousing factor. At its base (and this will piss people off as much as my argument here) the entire interracial cuckolding fetish is based upon the belief that black men are inherently more dangerous and thus, better endowed and better able to provide sexual pleasure. It's true that there are varied reasons why some men fantasize about and actively seek/engage in watching their wives with others. For some, the emotions of arousal and excitement coupled with shame and humiliation is the driving factor. For others, they view the act as one of dominance where they are forcing the wife to submit to men with prowess. Both of these groups may use black men as "bulls" for the reasons I identified. Sometimes it's subconscious and other times it's a conscious belief that the bull is only good for fucking and pose no threat because they are simply not equal to the husband. I am sure there may be nonracist cuckolds and hotwives/stags and vixens out there but I wouldn't bet money.

Lastly, I want to address this category. It's true that some women have fantasy about dominance, reluctance up to and including rape. Some women fantasize about those moments because society has taught them to be ashamed about sexual desire. Being forced is a free pass because it isn't their fault. Some women are absolutely aroused by aggression and dominance. In no way do I suggest otherwise but that ALL women need rough sex and ALL women will respond is deeply offensive. It's spitting in the face of rape victims, people I see every single day. None of them wanted to be raped. None of them enjoyed it. None of them felt unlocked or have a better understanding of passion. Do you have any idea how disgusting that idea is? Being raped makes someone better because they have a greater understanding of passion?

I know this story was written ages ago but I posted my reply here because maybe others will read it and consider their preconceived notions. I am of the opinion that this entire category should be deleted. So many of these stories are nothing more than male rape fantasy and have nothing to do with why some women have fantasy of nonconsent. That the rule is merely "the victim has to enjoy it" is meaningless. That overt and unashamed racism is allowed here is also problematic but clearly the owners do not care. Whatever they make is clearly not going back into the business considering this site is more dated than my grandmothers plastic covered furniture.

Anyway, sorry this was so long. This is an involved topic. It's a narrative that has been dominated by men for far too long.

So why is it bullshit? Why is the notion that all women or even most women secretly crave rough sex, big strong huge dominant men with 10" swinging dicks? Because society has continually equated sex with violence throught civilization. It's present in all forms of modern engertai

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A superb piece of writing that has provoked some surprisingly intelligent comments from the Literotica readership.

LA

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous