Edda Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rakiura10
Rakiura10
269 Followers

It was serendipity for us both. It was soon after its completion that Edda was offered an honorary doctorate. At the ceremony she had to give a speech. At this time the progress of the disease although slow was badly affecting her speech and she need electronic help. Edda asked me to introduce her. I did so by saying that when you read about successful people's lives you never get the real story. The real story is in the motivation and 'whys', which are all mixed up in the minutiae of their private and intimate lives. These are places that academics fear to tread.

That is certainly true of our lives. I said I wasn't going to give away any secrets but both of us would not be here without our life together and I was certainly proud to be the springboard for an illustrious career. Edda did not say too much about me. Why should she, it was her night? She did say more than enough however when she said. "There was once a saying that behind every great man there had to be a great woman. I like to think we turned the tables on that. And gesturing to me said, "I would not be here without my great man."

Her biographies would soon be published and there would be those that would track her career as an academic, as a designer or simply as a celebrity. But like all those larger than life inspiring achievers the real story is never told.

It is our story I elected to tell here. I have included the complexity of our life events down to the very intimate that would otherwise never be recorded, some minor and seemingly insignificant and others too traumatic and personal to tell in other forums.

Then there are those relationships, the husbands, the relatives, the children, the influencers and the lovers that are missed out in those biographies as seemingly but erroneously irrelevant. I have chosen to write that particular story here.

I stand now and look at Edda's achievement at the top of the tower. Would I have designed that? No never.

Would Edda have designed that without my inspiration, probably not?

But looking at it I have to grudgingly admit, would she also have designed that without Weber's inspiration? Equally....probably not.

But;

If you look very closely at Edda's tower (yes it gets called Edda's tower these days), if you look at the detail closely you can just make out two keas in the ornate relief work. It is near the peak and sometimes in the morning when the sky is clear and sun is low, the keas shine in gold. You have to be lucky to see the effect as the sun has to be at a precise angle so that the niche these birds are set in glows with the reflected light.

As I am standing and discussing the feature here with a group, we stare up in awe. This is only the second time I have seen this effect.

I reflect on the name Edda gave it, 'Jaggers Pass'.

Well that is our life really; our story. Without any of it, that tower would not be there.

Well, as my Father sang, I might not have been happy for the rest of my life when I married Edda but do I regret any of it; the pain and the ecstasy? NEVER!

Rakiura10
Rakiura10
269 Followers
Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
25 Comments
Psychman24Psychman2429 days ago

Well written, complex and interesting plot. A little heavy on the architecture stuff for me, but the story made me care about the characters and what happened to them. I agree with other commenters that Edda's behavior doesn't make sense. She is a great character, well drawn - beautiful, strong,independent, brilliant, and while I can see her cheating for sure, I just can't see her being so subservient and masochistic, and not seeing thru Webers bullshit. And to go back to him again after the accident is unthinkable given what he did, and also after husband dedicated years to nursing her back to health.

Busman19639Busman1963930 days ago

A nice well written story, a little hard to follow at times. That twenty year gap took me a few minutes to figure out.

Edda is a submissive psycho and Martin should have moved on earlier. Just my opinion.

LkochhhLkochhh7 months ago

I agree with many other commentators that the author's writing style makes for good reading, with a relatively low number of typos and grammatical errors, compared to other contributions.

I think that a middle part is dearly missing. We are left to wonder:

- How did the divorce proceed? Did Edda and Martin talk? Did their parents and friends make any effort to support them?

- How come that Martin, who was effectively a single parent for years, while his brain damaged wife slowly recovered, end up without contact to his children?

- In 20 years, did Edda ever apologize? Did she encourage their children to get in touch with Martin? Did she congratulate when he was awarded the most prestiguous prize in their field? If not, why not?

- What did Edda do for a living? Did Martin pay alimony?

- Most importantly: Where was Edda when Martin was suicidal and spent a long time in a mental ward? She supposedly loved him, but wasn't there in times of need? How can this be forgiven, and not even be discussed when the met again?

In summary, the story has, imho, too many gaps and holes to make it a great Story.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger11 months ago

Outstanding complex tale, well written and it reveals a truth that many Lit readers would do well to understand: you do not need to like characters to make them key to and deeply necessary to a good story. It probably helps too, to grasp that this is a story told over decades, I trust that I am not alone in having many things in life, both personal and otherwise, where time has altered if not entirely changed my perception of things.

With those things in mind, the narrative becomes entirely 'possible' and given the talent at play here from the writer, I'm glad I stumbled across this. Well done and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The writing is good. But I cannot get past this meme about intelligent, driven women who are married and (supposedly) in love who fall victim to predatory sadists and are subjected to horrific rapes, depravity, abuse, etc and then go back for more. After the events of the accident and the way Weber ran away, why would she ever have anything to do with the piece of shit? And how does she never come to know Weber is married. That would come up in any sort of biographical search, internet search or why would Pieter never mention it? Highly contrived to allow for the calamitous events. Seriously after her husband nurses her back to health, she took that for granted and went back later with Weber again? And she gets confronted by her husband, spends the Sunday with a sadist, predator that she despise and hates and lets him rape her horribly in bandage. Only then she gets a clue and then of course his being married reveal. In this chapter her explanation of what happened with Lotte's conception is believable, by why give it up to Weber so fast? Power aphrodisiac? Her being some ultra submissive slut that no one including herself knee anything about? Moreover the stuff at the end of Chapter 1, where the husband gets irate, lashes out, gets committed and loses all custody is ludicrous. Is that how they roll in New Zealand? No investigation of the circumstances? Edda just moves along with the kids, though the son severs his relationship effectively with her, and no visitation, no communication, no phone calls for 20 years? The husband is fucked up in thr head also. Forget Edda and this magical reconciliation, what about his kids? He just disappears? The court order would not stay in effect indefinitely. Once he gets a clean bill of health he could have asked for visitation. Edda cut off with Weber right away, and went to counseling (at some point) and never reached back out yo her ex husband (or soon to be?). The divorce was inevitable, but he felt trapped and stripped of everything and abandoned his kids. She did nothing to mitigate that. How can she claim to have always loved him and be remorseful, yet just accept the full custody with no visitation? Are court orders in NZ inviolable and forever? More likely the MC was a coward and left his children. Not a fighter. Except when he lashes out and ends up being committed. Yeah right. Again Weber was pure evil. Forget the breeding cow reveal at the end. That just helps her feel more sickened. Whatever happened initially, why would she possibly hook up with him after the car accident, knowing what happened and how she despised him even then, and how he abandoned her. That is just evil. But nope.he shows up again, and floats the exhibition, and she just goes back to him to get raped (violently). Yeah that makes sense. Not. Unless she is a twisted psycho herself. I mean not even submissives would do that. This is more like she like to be debased and caused pain, i.e. masochism but with no limits. Yeah disturbed. But hey she is so talented, intelligent, ambitious, strong, stubborn, and gifted right? And no one, not even herself could possibly recognize that she may have serious issues because hey its a fictional story. Indeed heavy no the fiction.

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Edda Pt. 01 Previous Part
Edda Series Info

Similar Stories

If you truly love me Ch. 01: David Holly's confession shakes the foundation of David's world.in Loving Wives
Not A Joke Slut wife takes him for a wild ride. Not all bad!in Loving Wives
Millie's Man Story for Randi's event.in Loving Wives
When It's Love How do you know when it's love?in Loving Wives
Spending Christmas on the Road Over the river and thru the woods.in Loving Wives
More Stories