All Comments on 'Eddie's Christmas Gift'

by Trionyx

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great - very touching - excellent writing!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

A sad, but beautiful story!

5

ScottArroyScottArroyover 2 years ago

Heartbtreaking but beautiful story everso wonderfully told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Funny…… sad but happy at the same time. Nice story, thank you!

ArtieMax2ArtieMax2over 2 years ago

Brunette hair is BLACK, not brown

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That's how it's done. Good work, lots of emotion and a decent ending that was thought out and not just 'dropped in' to quickly finish the story. Keep up the good work.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars

I like it when people are killed in revenge. Now I have a case of the sadz.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

Very, very nice.

Worth re-reading a few times.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for the story. Needs a little proofreading, but it wasn't a distraction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, despite the ethical issues. BTW brunette is defined as "dark brown".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story, but the premise worries me. I can’t imagine a supervisor ever suggesting that. I thought these days the solution to problems. like Eddies was to discretely hire a sex worker, who would visit, pretending to be a cousin or something. I’d have found it easier to suspend disbelief if Josie had done it off her own bat as she felt sorry for Eddie. Against the rules but I am sure that it happens. Otherwise a nice, moving and compassionate story.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 2 years ago

Well written and enjoyable story. Unfortunately there are people like Eddie who are being cared for in homes that are predominantly for the care of the elderly. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Congratulations Trionyx for raising the important topic of sex for the disabled. Here in Australia a court recently ruled that sexual services was a legitimate use for NDIS funding. The NDIS is a Commonwealth Government program that provides funds to disabled people to help them purchase the support services they need.

Anonymous from Australia

Tls2753aTls2753aover 2 years ago
Mean

That was mean; writing a tear-jerker as Christmas story. 5 stars

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Such a good story. My thoughts are they should know. But not ask for anything. Let them decide for themselves for any involvement. Very good writing. Thank-you

TrionyxTrionyxover 2 years agoAuthor

I want to thank everyone for their comments. This was a difficult story to write and I was sure readers would be unhappy with the medical issues and the less than 'happily ever after' ending.

With respect to a few of the comments:

The issue of the supervisor recommending this is an interesting one. I would agree that what was suggested might not be the best idea, but I have known many in the healthcare arena and sexual needs of patients/clients/residents are certainly dealt with. I, quite frankly, can imagine a supervisor making the suggestion. Being a supervisor doesn't make one infallible. Hiring a sex worker could be a possibility and, quite frankly, I toyed with that idea when I first started out. Certainly cost and privacy issues would play an important role in that scenario.

And finally, as was mentioned by anon, 'brunette' brown hair and not black.

LSantiagoLSantiagoover 2 years ago

There is a term from acting 'suspension of disbelief when the audiance forgets the cheap seats and the popcorn oil on the seat cushions even the rude patrons and fucus on the stage when it becomes the world to the exclusion of all else. its a silly sad little story about people i did not know but I cheered his joys and i cried at his passing.

real life in black and white what can be better than that (thank you)

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Hi, Trionyx, congratulations on a Christmas story that brought a smile and almost a tear. Very nice job dealing with the ethics of the situation, the need, and the outcome. Great job. 5* and a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

Another sweet and tender love story. Again affirming that the best sex is rooted in love. 5 stars.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a sad yet loving story. 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story. It's too bad, her husband, that wasn't really her husband, never got to old his daughter. 10 stars~

joeoggijoeoggiover 1 year ago

Wow best story yet. Incredible. I’ve been reading through your catalog and this one really got to me excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Such a beautiful, and tender story, I felt every emotion in the entire story, I even shed tears, and not just at the end.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

Thats a magnificent tragedy, a horror love timing, a heart crashing Christmas but the most beautiful present ….. a dying with a smile, with a jubilant soul is the sweetest path ….. a short tale with a short path to my heart soul tears

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝🌹✨

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I'm assuming you've read Irving's "The World According to Garp"? :) I love your take on it!

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking4 months ago

Ahhh the opening is the stuff of nightmares. Being "suggested" by your supervisor to see to a patient's sexual needs? You couldn't have had her do it on her own? Did not finish, did not rate.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTrionyx@Trionyx
Nov 30, 2023 I am honored that my story Last Few Days of Summer was voted the Readers Choice for First Time stories for 2022. Thank you for your votes and support. August 2022 I was surprised and pleased when my piece How to Fuck Without Saying Fuck was selected as the Reade...