All Comments on 'Edge of the World Ch. 01'

by monkeyfish

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
OdiouserOdiouserabout 2 years ago

Really wonderful. Exciting story line. WAY too many word gaffs, the result of hurrying to press and not bothering to slow read the text. I hope you decide to do a sequel in which she decides to switch David's and shoulder the task of facing the world with her younger lover. I think that would be fun to write.

dnsontndnsontnabout 2 years ago

So good, so very very good. I’ll read whatever genre you’re writing monkeyfish. This story will have your number of Followers jump way up, no doubt. Well deserved for fantastic storytelling. Five Stars burning hot!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great job!

KarenCDFLKarenCDFLabout 2 years ago

This story started out with so much potential. A very slow build up and very good interaction between the two characters and then it just felt like the author got tired and wanted to end it quickly with a a ridiculous sex act.

Jessica was a teacher and instead giving David (Student) a slow and thankful introduction to adult sex, she basically raped him. IMHO

"It could have been a contender"

chr1890191chr1890191about 2 years ago

Really enjoyed it. More please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great reading, good job. Next chapter?

Not2PervyNot2Pervyabout 2 years ago

Very nice. The teacher I wish I’d had. Haha.

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Clevelandabout 2 years ago

Very nicely done. The story is psychologically (very) plausible. The tension builds slowly and steadily to the climax(es). The writing style--almost everywhere--is spare, mature, and very well controlled (though with a few typos).

My one substantial complaint is that, at the height of David's and Jessica's passion, the style (especially in the dialogue) suddenly becomes rather cliche. It sounds like a run-of-the mill porn story. ("Cum for me, cum for me, ... you little cockslut") instead of the finely crafted piece that 95% of this story is.

And maybe the whole business with the handful of condoms didn't quite work.

Overall, though, this story strikes me as WELL above the Literotica average in quality. Good work indeed! 4.5 stars (I'll round it up).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Awesome story. Can't wait to read the next chapters

Utopia_LimitedUtopia_Limitedabout 2 years ago

This is an utterly delightful story that could have gone to hell in a handbasket on the first page, but held its nerve to a wonderful conclusion: well done to the author!!! I to would like you to consider writing a sequal: Jessica's sexual tension is relieved, but life goes on: it seems a shame to me for such a gently-unfolded love to end with the power coming back on...

Blunote39Blunote39about 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

this was such a great read, i hope this will be a romance i would love another moment of them together

OldbutboldOldbutboldabout 2 years ago
5 stars

This not only needs more chapters it deserves more from this writer , great story line well written , im only sorry that there were only 5 pages .

Thankyou for sharing this story with us .

monkeyfishmonkeyfishabout 2 years agoAuthor

For those who may come back around to the comment section: thank you for your kind words! I am delighted to have given you some entertainment with my work...and a little embarrassed at the number of typos still in the final product. I swear they just crawl in there when my back is turned, like roaches.

Also I am aware of your criticisms, and of the possibility the last chunk of the story could be interpreted as a little forced/nonconsensual. I knew of this beforehand, but made the mistake of not tagging it as such because one; it was meant to be a discussion in the next chapter (not unlike my first series) where the depths of their deeds are considered, and two; the non-con stuff wasn't a focus of the work and placing a tag felt like it'd be false advertising to those into that kinda thing. I chalked up Jessica's actions as the result of woman under physical/mental deprivation of partnership, built up even before the story's beginning, suddenly being helped and heard by a figure where it was least suspected, leading to a lust she could not contain and I'd hoped readers would understand/buy. I messaged the one who initially brought this up as a potential sticking point, but if you're reading this here: I apologize if this story unintentionally distressed you or others.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Slow start but a good finish. Looking forward to chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have a lot of questions about utilities, specifically the cooking and hot water. Are they on city gas, or propane? Are there really water heaters that work without electricity? Wouldn't there be a gas heater? Would she really have that much firewood on hand?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Now that I think about it, are they on city water? If so, you would think there would be a neighbor pretty close by. If not, how are they running the well pump?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I thought the build up / scene setting were great. Very hot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story! I hope you will update soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I believed the characters, Jessica and David, to be real. The story setup was built on very likely to happen circumstances. Jessica's on the rocks relationship with her boyfriend. The major and catastrophic weather predicament holding Jessica and David captive and sets the stage of their illicit tryst. I love how you use the teacher-student dynamic shift as they become lovers, her still the teacher, and him, the apt student.

What I feel is the only part that was disappointing was the very dramatic shift in tone when the romance went raunchy in a huge rush. And how David was left out of the very end post coitus. Not a deal breaker for me, but it seemed that the story ending felt very much different than the rest of the story.

Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This is such a great story. Hopefully the next part is out soon

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermonkeyfish@monkeyfish
"From Out of Nowhere Ch. 03" at 9k words. Maybe 33% done, which I know is rather horrible speed given how long it's been BUT I am working on it more diligently. I not only want to nail the fun parts but also avoid all the really bad grammatical goofs my "latest" story had, so ...