Edna's Delightful Romance

Story Info
Edna returns home, Dale on her mind, now what?
16.7k words
4.76
7.1k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rawallace
rawallace
448 Followers

Authors note: This is the follow up story to Edna's Delight. Though this story can be read as a stand-alone work most readers would benefit from reading the original story.

Edna's Delightful Romance

By Rachel Anne Wallace

I sat in the back seat of the car listening to Carol and Jane talk to each other, well sort of. My mind kept going over the past five days of spring break and the experiences we had shared together—just three girls having a fling to blow off steam. Now, we were heading back to Michigan to spend some time with our parents, and then return to campus to finish the semester, our last. But, I had far more on my mind as the drone of the tires on the pavement spoke to the miles traveled northward—the promise of something more at journey's end if I chose to pursue it. It was a big if.

I roused at the sound of my name as I fingered the slip of paper in my hand. "Edna, are you alright back there?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I responded matter-of-factly to Jane.

"You've been awfully quiet these last few hours," Carol offered.

"I know. I'm just thinking about what I need to do when we get home. You know, that kind of stuff."

"You know this is probably the last time we will ever have this much time together. After this semester we will have graduated, found jobs, and live who knows where," Jane said in an upbeat voice.

"Come on, we'll keep in touch. They don't make phones and computers for nothing," Carol laughed.

"Yeah, we'll be able to do that," I agreed heartily, as the two of them resumed talking to each other.

Then I wondered—was I going to feel the same way I felt after graduating from high school, another milestone in my life? I remembered feeling bewildered afterwards—ready for the next phase of my life to begin, feeling somehow unprepared. Even though I knew I was going to attend university in the fall, it made me feel uneasy. So, would I feel the same after this graduation? I would have my degree and be searching for gainful employment to support myself, this time for real. Would I be ready?

My parents had offered me my old room if I hadn't lined up a position right away—though it offered me the security of knowing I had somewhere to go I could afford. After all, it's hard to find something better than free. I really didn't want to live with them again. My independent streak awkwardly manifested itself—I didn't want the subtle parental pressure it represented—no wonder I felt conflicted. I was independent, yet not fully.

The miles slipped by as I watched out the window as a series of McDonald's, Wendy's, and Taco Bells' blurred the miles. My mind wandered, this time to the real question that confronted me—I fingered the slip of paper after having looked at it yet again—I had lost count of how many times exactly. The tangible evidence of a night and morning spent with Dale. I smiled to myself as the images came again, so vividly playing out in my mind:

After leaving Jane and Carol at our condo, I took the elevator up to Dale's condo. It wasn't long before we elected to take a walk on the beach as the sun started to set over the Gulf of Mexico. We walked and talked, laughing at silly things, touching, enjoying the warm breezes. Fewer people populated the beach as the sun settled down in the west, then we watched as the orange-red disk of the sun slipped below the horizon—a flash marking its disappearance. We had walked at least two miles before turning back, and when we did Dale held out his hand for mine. I grasped it and felt a thrill as we walked slowly, our feet wetted from time to time as we walked at the very edge of the water as high tide rolled in. It felt so romantic, just the two of us and the vast stretch of ocean, waves crashing upon the beach.

It had grown dark as we approached the fishing pier adjacent to our condo with its single light, I looked at Dale's handsome face in the dim light, augmented by the faint glow of a full moon. I felt a tug of my hand and stopped walking, instinctively turning towards him, knowing what I wanted to happen. My body had warmed with his touch and visions of his naked body as he moved over Jane or Carol had appeared in my mind. I wanted to feel that firm body against mine, I wanted his lips to pursue mine, to kiss my chest, my breasts, and wherever else he might choose to go. I saw his eyes come to mine, and then his deep voice.

"Edna, may I hug you?"

It seemed a ludicrous question in a way. He asked despite our agreement that I would spend the night with him—he didn't take liberties with me, which I had to admit seemed very strange. He had already asked if I really wanted to stay with him for the night, and I had told him I would. The two men I had slept with before had quickly lay me down, assuming my yes meant I was available for whatever they wanted to do. Yet, Dale respected me enough to ask if I was ready to be more intimate. I smiled sweetly—if he only knew how much he had already affected me, his words simply stoked the strong desire within me.

I nodded and stood as his arms came around me, then gently pulled me close. I placed my arms around his waist and leaned in while closing my eyes. I felt the warmth of his body against mine, our bared arms holding each other, then gently caressing. My heart drummed strongly as a thrill ran through me again. It was just a hug, but it was as if an invisible barrier had been removed from between us. This wasn't the picture of the wild night of passion I had fantasized about days before—emotionally it was better as it was respectful. I wasn't just a 'piece of ass' in the crude sense of the word men often portrayed it as.

He brought his mouth to my ear within my hair and whispered, "Edna you're so soft, so curvy, and so wonderful to talk too. I could hold you like this for hours, a lifetime."

We slowly parted and resumed our walk, both of us silent as we walked hand in hand. When we reached the elevated boardwalk that led to the pier we stopped beneath it. There was the soft glow of the moon reflecting off the white sand of the beach, just enough to show me the smile on his face as we turned toward each other again.

Our lips met spontaneously, there was no need for words, the sound of the crashing waves, a hint of the odor of salt water spray as it came off the pilings of the pier combined with my eagerness to feel him hard against me as his passion enveloped me. The kiss was passionate, soft, than hard as we sought each other. I had been kissed so many times in my life—but never quite like this, never had my mind and body responded so strongly, so forcefully, to a man as it did now. I felt a bit weak—now I knew what it meant when a woman swooned in the arms of a man. I lay against him, eyes closed, his arms my strength.

"Dale, I think we should go back to the condo where it's more private," my voice soft, yet strong in its conviction, knowing I wanted much more than a public place would allow us even under the cover of darkness.

We entered the brightly lit lobby of the condominium, pressed the elevator button for the sixth floor, and rode up while we held hands. I knew what I wanted, knowing full well what Dale was capable of in terms of pleasing a woman. Now, it was my turn, only this time I knew in my heart it was more than sex, we were going to make love to one another. If Dale had only known he could have taken me under the pier after our kiss with my full and willing cooperation despite my privacy reservations—I would have been unable to resist.

The next morning I had been on top and had fucked the daylights of him as I watched his face showing exquisite, tortured ecstasy as he reached orgasm. It was the first time in my life I had felt power as a woman over a man—I had been the sole source of his pleasure as I sat astride him. I had been in complete control, his body and mind was mine at that moment while I still had my share of hot pleasure.

I found myself smiling to myself as a vision of Dale's face remained in my mind.

"Edna! Are you here? Come on. It's time to get something to eat."

I looked out the window and saw we were in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel restaurant. I didn't even know where we were at exactly, in Georgia for sure.

"Where are we?"

"Just the other side of Atlanta. Didn't you notice all the traffic we were in?" Jane exclaimed.

"Yeah, I guess I did," knowing I really hadn't.

We ate lunch and afterwards I took the wheel to drive for a while. Jane got into the back seat and after a few minutes I saw she had closed her eyes. Carol and I engaged in an ongoing reprise of our time at the beach; she telling me I should have spent more time looking at the guys the last couple of days we were there. I admitted to her I had looked some, but that I really wasn't too interested. She looked at me quizzically.

"You know you haven't said anything about what happened with Dale. Did everything go alright? I mean he wasn't mean to you was he?"

"Carol, no. Everything was fine. It's...just... it went differently than I expected it too...it was...well, delightful in so many ways...it was...well..."

"You know I will never forget him. I know it was just sex, but someday he's going to find the woman he wants to marry and she is going to be well taken care of, if you know what I mean," Carol interrupted.

I knew exactly what she meant. I had spent far more time with him than she and Jane had. There was no doubt in my mind he was worth considering, but there was much more to him than sex—he had shown that side of himself to me.

The only negative thing I had noticed was he wasn't as tidy as I would have liked, but I had seen much worse in other men's apartments I had dated.

We had talked for hours before going to bed, then again in the morning before and after having made love, before joining Jane and Carol for breakfast. We certainly shared a lot in common in terms of an outlook on life and what we wanted—a family, a couple of kids, and a nice house on several acres we could roam around in, our religious views were close, and it seemed we were both budget conscious. But I had come away from our time together feeling as if I had known him for years and that we had been intimate for months—completely relaxed, feeling safe and secure in his embrace.

"Well, I don't see too many women that would throw him out of bed if he was eating crackers," I quipped.

Carol laughed. "Now I haven't heard that expression before."

After another fifteen minutes, I glanced over and saw Carol with her eyes closed, leaning forward against her seat belt as she hadn't reclined her seat—I assumed not to crowd Jane seated behind her. Guess I wasn't all that good of company which was alright, I didn't mind the peace and quiet as I watched traffic in the mirrors. It was almost two hours later when Jane woke, stretching out her arms as best she could in the backseat. She looked around for a few seconds. I was sure looking for a road or other sign that would tell her where we were.

"Edna, are we still in Georgia?"

"Almost out, just a few more miles."

"Damn! It takes so long to get through Georgia," she exclaimed with a sigh, then added, "I'm about due for a bathroom break. Is Carol sleeping?"

"Yes, Carol fell asleep soon after you did, and yes, I was thinking it was about time to stop and take a pee."

We needed fuel, so the next exit with a source of fuel and food would do just fine. Ten minutes later I pulled in front of the fuel pumps and got out, followed by Jane, a still drowsy Carol sat in her seat before slowly opening the door and then stretching once outside. They went inside while I pumped the gas, then after filling the tank I drove to an empty parking space in front of the station and waited. They came out together and I went in after handing the car keys to Carol as it would be her turn to drive.

It felt good to stretch my legs and an empty bladder felt good too. As I started for the exit I passed the display of reproductive health care products—I stopped to check out what size condoms were in stock. I found what I needed and went to the counter to pay for them and a few candy bars. I returned to the car and we were off once again, this time feeling as if I had come closer to facing the decision I needed to make as I got into the back seat.

Five hours later we pulled into the parking lot of the motel, got a room, and lugged our bags in to settle in for the night. We finished our showers and sat on the beds watching TV. I was still conflicted as to whether I should call Dale when I got home. Was I fooling myself thinking a one night stand would turn into something more?

"Jane and Carol, could I ask you a question?"

They both looked at me and responded affirmatively, obviously wondering what was on my mind. I smiled. "If you had a chance to contact Dale would you?"

They were slow to answer as they thought it over. After a few seconds Jane looked at me. "Edna, that depends. I mean if I was interested in him, I guess I would. But I'm not, so even if I could, I wouldn't. I mean the sex was fantastic, but it was meant to be a one-time thing."

Carol then offered, "I don't think I would...I mean... it's like Jane said, I was wild for one day and enjoyed it, but that's it. I mean he was nice and all that...I wouldn't be mean to him if I saw him again...but well...we had an arrangement and it worked out for all of us. If I were serious with my boyfriend I wouldn't have done what we did."

"Edna you've been awfully quiet about what happened between you and Dale. Is that why you're asking?" Jane asked.

I smiled, "Yes, I'm just not sure about what I should do. He gave me his phone numbers so I could call him when I got back. I mean we had a wonderful time together. I'm just not sure I'm being sensible about this...I mean we spent a lot of time together and it wasn't all about the sex. In fact, it was less about sex and more about the two of us connecting emotionally."

Carol laughed lightly, "But the sex wasn't bad either was it?"

We all laughed after I replied that it had been fantastic. But they saw I was serious, especially after I explained to them I was trying to make a decision as to whether I should call him.

"Edna, it doesn't bother you that he had sex with both of us too?" Carol asked.

I frowned. "No, I guess not. I mean...well he had sex with you, he made love to me. Well, we made love to each other. Does that make sense?"

Jane looked at Carol, then both of them looked to me.

"Edna, you fell for each other. That's so romantic. I mean it's like something out of a romance novel, a little kinky maybe, but I think it's fantastic!" Jane replied with a broad smile.

"That's just it. It was like something out of a romance novel and I'm not sure I should feel the way I do. Do things like this actually happen? It just seems like I should be...well...more rational."

Carol leaned forward, as if she was telling me something secret, "Edna, if your instincts are telling you to do it you should. Only you know how you feel. I mean...what do you have to lose by calling him and agreeing to go out with him? Nothing. See what I mean. Go for it."

Half an hour later we turned off the lights and I settled into the cot while each of them got a double bed. I had volunteered for the cot as I often slept in one while camping with my family. I pulled the covers to my chin, and lay there thinking it would be nice to get home into my own bed. I was glad I had asked Carol and Jane about what I should do. Once they understood what I was going through we had discussed it at length and I came away feeling more confident I wasn't crazy or delusional. Well, not completely anyway—I was still conflicted.

The next morning I still wasn't entirely sure I would call Dale, but I was definitely feeling better about even considering it. Carol was right. What did I really have to lose? Would I be disappointed and feel bad if we went out a few times and found it didn't work out—yes, for sure, but if I never took the chance I would always wonder if there was something there and I hadn't the courage to pursue it. I was trying hard to convince myself calling was the best thing to do.

The next day and after another six hours on the road, I bid Carol and Jane goodbye, and walked with my bags into my parents' house after unlocking the door. My roommates would be back to pick me up in two days. I found my parents were gone and proceeded to get settled in, it took about half an hour to get my things unpacked, and my laundry into the washing machine. I went back to my bedroom, lay down on my bed and closed my eyes with a smile—in two days I would be back in our apartment ready to return to classes and finish the semester, and be in possession of my undergraduate degree.

I was about to get up when I heard my parents come in the door and my father called out, "Okay, Edna, we're home, time to come and tell us about your adventure in Florida."

I walked out, gave them both hugs and a kiss, and sat down in a chair. I told them about lying on the beach, going out to dinner, and finally, that I had met a guy from Michigan while were we there and we had hit it off pretty well. My mother looked at me with a smile.

"So, are you going see him again?"

"Maybe. He gave me his phone number. He's not a student, he graduated and is working now, so I'm not exactly sure if it will work out or not. I mean between my class schedule and his work hours the only time that would be available would be weekends, and he lives about two hours away from campus. That's a long way for him to have to drive to see me."

I father looked at me with a smile. "It didn't stop me from getting to know your mother, true we met my senior year and she was in her junior year, but we made it work after I graduated. You just can't ever tell if things will work out."

"I suppose. I'm just not getting my hopes up, meeting someone on vacation is different from seeing them on campus all the time. At least, it seems like it to me. All I know is that we seemed to hit it off pretty well. I'm still thinking about it."

Of course, it was far more than 'pretty well' if you took into account we slept together and that I hadn't been able to get him out of my mind ever since; the sex notwithstanding.

"So, what does he do for a living?"

"He works as an ecologist for the State of Michigan, in the Department of Natural Resources."

"That's certainly different. Not like the other men you have dated," my mother offered.

"Well, he's not a student and he's more mature. I liked that. The fact that he has a job and is starting his career is different too. We spent a lot of time talking about our families and what we wanted in the future."

Two days later I was headed back to campus, this time only little more than a two-hour drive. I was sitting in the front passenger seat as Jane drove her car on what was the final stretch of our spring break get-away. All of us had enjoyed our brief visits with our parents and our thoughts turned to what lay ahead of us once we returned to campus.

"Edna, you know Mike is going to be calling you as soon as he thinks you're back. He really does have the hots for you," Jane said half-jokingly.

I hadn't even thought of him since leaving for break. I had gone out with him five times and thought he was nice enough, though we really hadn't clicked. I was afraid the time was coming when I was going to have to tell him I wasn't interested in a romantic relationship. Something I always dreaded having to say to a guy, there never seemed to be a good way of doing it, and after having been rejected by a guy I really liked once I knew it could hurt.

"I know. I keep hoping maybe he found another girl he likes better while I was gone. That would let me off the hook," I said earnestly.

"Not likely," Carol replied from the back seat.

rawallace
rawallace
448 Followers